PDA

View Full Version : sleeper picks

NYGfanSTRICK
02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I haven't seen a thread really devoted to sleepers. I believe making picks in the 2nd day that contribute to the team make your team have great depth and we dont have to sign big name free agents (since big name FA have not gone that well for us in past years) Lavar Arrington blew his achilles out sadly, Sam Madison didnt do anything special, more recently we have done better but overpaid players likr Chris Canty, Rolle etc...
When we made the run to win the SB vs the unbeaten Pats we had many players we drafted contributing Boss, Bradshaw, Smith etc.I like looking for sleeper picks last year I was glad we got Adrien Robinson bc he was on my sleeper list for his athletic ability and had to take into consideration that for Cincinnati he was primarily a blocker so his stats were not a reflection on the player he can become with right coaching (Our TE is a great groomer of TE's)

My sleeper list

1) Le'veon Bell (Mich. St.) Big hard running back with surprising nice moves and footwork. He is durable and he has produced well. Could be that goal line back that we could use. We have Wilson who is very quick fast and a hard runner. If we have added him we could have our "earth wind and fire" back like when we were dominating teams on the ground and we controlled the clock. Bell could possibly be there with our 3rd pick unless he wows people with 40 times etc.

2) Reggie Dunn (Utah) a WR/Return man he will most likely not be drafted for his WR skills but he is a good returner last year took 4 all the way on only 10 returns! I think that speaks for itself. Then we would not have to worry about Wilson getting banged up returning kicks.

3) Bacarri Rambo (Georgia) S who was a big part of the bulldog defense. He is not given the credit he deserves bc of the other members of their defense who will be 1st rounders most likely

4) Leon McFadden (San Diego State) CB who was a very reliable corner for SDSU and he can tackle well too. He could be a nice CB to add for depth for teams who like those 4-5 WR sets.

5) Andrew Jackson (Western Kentucky) MLB 109 tackles last year 3.5 sacks. He is a pyshical LB from the same hometown as Ray Lewis. He says that he has molded his game after him. Has good instincts and his coverage skills arent bad either. With the right opportunity he could become a solid playerThat is my list off the top of my head. I would like to hear what you guys think of my choices and to give some your own and will give feedback as well. I will look for some clips of these guys to put on here so you can get a look at these guys.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 09:52 PM
my sleeper is Joe Kruger, DE from Utah.. 6'7 280.. beast

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 10:06 PM
my sleeper is Joe Kruger, DE from Utah.. 6'7 280.. beast

andrew jackson I believe went back to school..the kid is a beast though.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah Kruger is a good player. Utah has some good d lineman in the draft this year! What round are you thinking that he will go?

NYGfanSTRICK
02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Jackson went back? Dang I am hoping that we can address the MLB situation on the first day. I need to look into some more d lineman. Slyvester Williams could be a good pickup but I was watching some tape and he was getting blown off the line quiet a bit. We dont need another DT who cant get push.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah Kruger is a good player. Utah has some good d lineman in the draft this year! What round are you thinking that he will go?5th..?

juice33s
02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Armonty Bryant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Armonty Bryant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

this is the guy redeye said was selling pot to undercover cops while at practice!

juice33s
02-15-2013, 11:49 PM
this is the guy redeye said was selling pot to undercover cops while at practice!
I honestly could careless if he sold a gram of weed to some guy....The greatest Giant of all time used to smoke crack before games

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
I honestly could careless if he sold a gram of weed to some guy....The greatest Giant of all time used to smoke crack before games

but not why he was in college,,much different,,and it should be a bit alarming that not only was he selling drugs,,but had them on him at practice and was selling to undercover cops.

juice33s
02-16-2013, 12:02 AM
but not why he was in college,,much different,,and it should be a bit alarming that not only was he selling drugs,,but had them on him at practice and was selling to undercover cops.
Well atleast if he's making millions in the pros he won't have to sell dime bags to get bye....Selling weed does not make someone a bad person in my book and I repeat, LT won the NFL MVP as a crack head.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-585718.html

-Taylor said he first tried cocaine at a party during his rookie year, in 1981. And by his third season, he'd moved up to crack.

He wrote: "I'd go through an ounce a day. And at times I'd be standing in the huddle. And instead of thinking what defense we were playing I'd be thinking about smoking crack after the game."

"Well, like well, you gotta understand though. It didn't affect my play," adds Taylor.......

Taylor was so powerless to resist it that the day after his final game -- in 1994 -- he was back smoking crack. Later that year, he smoked it the day the Giants retired his number-

juice33s
02-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Also as a former college athlete let me tell you its not unusual for players to have weed on them...Lol, I remember one time, a teamate who dealed, broke out an ounce after practice and just started handing out nuggets too everyone on the team...Good times

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-16-2013, 01:21 AM
Also as a former college athlete let me tell you its not unusual for players to have weed on them...Lol, I remember one time, a teamate who dealed, broke out an ounce after practice and just started handing out nuggets too everyone on the team...Good times

but then you have guys like sam hurd.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Le'veon Bell RB Mich St http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d43uZONhrxY

Reggie Dunn KR Utah http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBCPxYjgrI

Bacarri Rambo S Georgia http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3U3b-3pKQ

Leon McFadden CB SDSU http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ab3nKER5Lls

Quanterus Smith DE WKU http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDy9Y20FWLM

Taylor Reed MLB SMU http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSar3maxQoY

Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern St (could make it 3 years in a row with a player with an unusual talent haha) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpo1xF7IhI

Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine Bluff http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e6fZ6ciysK0

Just some interesting players and some clips to give you guys some perspective on them

BlueSabbath
02-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Knile Davis RB Arkansas... this guy would never been a sleeper but he got hurt and returned during an overall bad year for Arkansas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6hW2ggiO4

Damion Square DE Alabama... not the flashiest career but solid player coming from the best defense in college football.

Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern

Sean Porter LB Texas A&M

Jakar Hamilton... could be decent pick up late in the draft. Haven't seen much of him lately but had a lot of potential before leaving UGA. Very physical player

NYGfanSTRICK
02-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Brandon Williams could be an animal! He has gotten a ton of sacks for a DT. He is freakishly strong (can do a handstand and walk on hands) people think he could break the bench press record. I am scared though if he does great in workouts that his stock will rise to a pick on the first day. I wish I could find more tape on him because from what I have seen he looks like an animal!

NYGfanSTRICK
02-18-2013, 12:02 PM
I forgot about Knile Davis too. He is a solid RB if he didnt get hurt he would have been one of the top RB prospects IMO. He didnt play well coming back from tthe injury from my understanding but given the time he will have during this offseason he should be close to his usual self you would think

Carter.525
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM

free nuggets.. nice

BlueSanta
02-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Last year, I nailed my Sleeper pick with Alfred Morris.

It actually feel better about my sleeper this year in Lonnie Pryor. If he goes to an innovative offense, he will be a star.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Last year, I nailed my Sleeper pick with Alfred Morris. It actually feel better about my sleeper this year in Lonnie Pryor. If he goes to an innovative offense, he will be a star.Wow nice call on the Alfred Morris last year! I am not gonna lie I have heard good things about pryor but never watched a clip or anything but I just youtubedhim and he could be a straight freak in the right system!

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I have found some more sleepers last night after studying for mid terms late last night. I think that they are all good prospects and could make an impact in the NFL

Jordan Campbell OLB New Mexico Highland- Athletic freak, put up 39 reps on the bench which is more than anyone did at the combine. He had 28.5 tackles for loss one year also! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPexbAVeIE

Rontez Miles S Cal (PA)- He is a real big hitter at the safety position. He looks like he has some good ball skills as well. In the highlight about every other hit is a big hit. Very entertaining highlight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrq***Ho82o

Kayon Swanson DT Southern Illinois- Gets real pressure up the middle. Can get to the QB which is something we could really use. If we could get pressure up the middle it would allow the DE's to get more sacks as well because there will not be as big as a pocket for QB's to step up into. Looks solid in run support as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxgooCDXf-8

Denodus O'Bryant RB Lindenwood- He is supposed to be a sub 4.4 guy. I guess I will know for sure after his pro day. He has very impressive stats although the competition is obviously not the best. He can catch the ball well and can return the ball as well. Looks like an all around RB. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SBOQFsCBg

Campbell I have seen rated as high as a 4th rounder. That is because they think he will explode at his pro day today. Rontez I have seen in the 6-UDFA range. The other two prospects I have not really seen in mocks at all but I will double check to make sure.

Let me know what you guys think about these guys. I have a few more that I might add later but I am trying to find some better sleepers.

BlueSabbath
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
I forgot to mention him in my other post (did in my mocks though) but Vinston Painter is one of my top sleepers. OT/ Virginia Tech. I've seen some project him to go undrafted.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Is he like a big guy who is raw or what is the deal on Painter? I have not heard anything about him. I just saw a youtube clip and he made a nice block about 20 yards down field but that is all I have seen or heard of him. He looked like a pretty big kid.

tdawg1413
03-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Here are a few of mine:

George Winn - RB Cincinnati - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

Mychal Rivera - TE Tennessee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyhDNMcADw

D.J. Hayden - CB Houston

BlueSabbath
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Is he like a big guy who is raw or what is the deal on Painter? I have not heard anything about him. I just saw a youtube clip and he made a nice block about 20 yards down field but that is all I have seen or heard of him. He looked like a pretty big kid.

I have no idea why he is so under the radar. I've watched him a few times and thought he looked good. Good power and really good athleticism. I noticed as I watched film for other players I always noticed him making great blocks. His workout numbers were really good too. He's a guy I'll definitely be keeping up with. Would be a great get for us late in the draft.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Here are a few of mine:

George Winn - RB Cincinnati - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

Mychal Rivera - TE Tennessee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyhDNMcADw

D.J. Hayden - CB Houston

Winn is solid and I really like Rivera. He has nice hands for sure. I would like to see him on the Giants. We have not had a really good receiving TE since Shockey I feel like. I mean Boss, Ballard, Bennett were all good but I feel like blocking was their strong suits. Eli plays well when he has a TE that he can rely on in the passing game.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I have no idea why he is so under the radar. I've watched him a few times and thought he looked good. Good power and really good athleticism. I noticed as I watched film for other players I always noticed him making great blocks. His workout numbers were really good too. He's a guy I'll definitely be keeping up with. Would be a great get for us late in the draft.

I watched David Wilsons college highlights in hope that I could see some of his blocking and stuff but I could not find him. I really hope we can find a OT in the draft like 3 round or later who can become a starter. Who knows maybe this kid could be the one.

We have usually one guy who we draft mid to late round who comes in and does help us out. 2007 Boss 5th round, Michael Johnson 7th, Ahmad Bradshaw 7th. 2008 Jonathan Goff 5th round, 2009 Andre Brown 4th, 2010 Mitch Petrus (came in at times when needed), 2011 6th rounders Greg Jones, Tyler Sash, JWill. 2012 Markus Kuhn 7th round (came in and played well I thought before injury). I just wish we could capitalize more in the first few rounds more often. We have had quite a few 2-3 picks the last few years who have not done really anything. Last year I loved our first three though Wilson, Randle, Hosley.

Hopefully this year we can put it all together and have almost all of our picks contribute to the team. 2007 we did a pretty good job of that and I feel like that helped us make a run because of all of those young guys helping out.

I really like the sleepers that you guys have named and maybe we name a person or two that we actually draft and they do good things for us.

tdawg1413
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Winn is solid and I really like Rivera. He has nice hands for sure. I would like to see him on the Giants. We have not had a really good receiving TE since Shockey I feel like. I mean Boss, Ballard, Bennett were all good but I feel like blocking was their strong suits. Eli plays well when he has a TE that he can rely on in the passing game.

The way we use our TE's though, a strict receiving TE doesn't fit. That was supposed to be Beckum. A more well rounded TE would fit our scheme. Kelce from Cincinnati would be perfect.

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 02:08 PM
That is probably true that we need a balanced TE but Beckum was undersized and was basically a WR who weighed a little more out there. I mean Rivera at least looks like a TE so I am sure that he could be used in our system fine. Kelce is solid though too, I would like it if we brought one of them in.

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Sleepers for diffrent rounds.. Some guys aren't sleepers per say for whole draft but just a bit underrated at this point, and some are legit sleepers..

Nick Kasa TE Colorado- I love this kid as a sleeper TE
Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada
TJ Johnson C/G South Carolina- Big, strong, technically sound SEC tested interior lineman...
JC Tretter G Cornell- I like this kid alot, and hes got "giant" written all over em.. Former TE is athletic and has quick feet...
Brian Winters OT/G Kent St- Was impressed the 3or4 times i seen him play, and again, hes got a Gritty giants type olineman feel to em..
Earl Wolff S NC State- Been a sleeper of mine for this entire yr now. Can hit hard, and is leader who defends run very well, and no slouch against pass..
David Bass DE Missouri Western St- Reminds me alittle bit of OSI..
Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- I liked em before the combine alot, and combine just furthered my liking of Williams...
Micah Hyde CB Iowa
Demontre Hurst CB Oklahoma
Mark Harrison WR Rutgers- Hard not to be intrigued by a kid this size with his speed...
Josh Boyd DT Miss St- Has a good rotational player feel to em..Reminds me some of Rocky Bernard
Keith Pough OLB Howard- Impressive at shrine and has good size and hitting ability...

These are some sleepers i like.. Some sleepers i like arent' sleepers anymore, as they moved well above that, including Jamar Taylor and Darius Slay for starters...

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 04:25 PM
I like many of the people you have listed. Winters is a stud. Wolff is solid, Williams is really quick. Micah Hyde is underrated big time, pretty solid player. Harrison is a very interesting player with his size and speed. I like the list man.

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I like many of the people you have listed. Winters is a stud. Wolff is solid, Williams is really quick. Micah Hyde is underrated big time, pretty solid player. Harrison is a very interesting player with his size and speed. I like the list man. Thanks.. Hyde is certainly underrated, and was simply on a crappy team.. Teams are wondering if hes a S or CB at NFL level, but i think he can be versatile defender for us, and i remember not to long ago, people liked him better then Shaun Prater, who was solid CB and now in NFL...

Kerwynn Williams also did well in blocking drills at shrine and can catch the ball extremely well, and can gain yards after contact despite his size, making him a jack of all trades RB< who i think would be nice backup for David Wilson..

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I moved to the midwest so I have seen plenty of Iowa games and I think Hyde is better than Prater definitely. Prater was pretty good but he had a slighty better team when he was there. Hyde pretty much had no help on defense and he played well. Hyde is a bigger guy too so that was part of the reason why I liked him a lot. He played pretty much just CB from what I remember. I am not sure why sites have him listed as a safety. I am sure that he can play FS and play it pretty well but he probably is more comfortable at CB.

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I moved to the midwest so I have seen plenty of Iowa games and I think Hyde is better than Prater definitely. Prater was pretty good but he had a slighty better team when he was there. Hyde pretty much had no help on defense and he played well. Hyde is a bigger guy too so that was part of the reason why I liked him a lot. He played pretty much just CB from what I remember. I am not sure why sites have him listed as a safety. I am sure that he can play FS and play it pretty well but he probably is more comfortable at CB. He worked at Safety during the 2011 spring practices and then started first 2games there in the fall before moving back to Corner.. The reason being is top end speed.. The guys always been versatile, as in High school, he kicked over 100ex points, threw and ran for over 100tds, and intercepting 8passes as a Safety.. Hes just a versatile football player who i think can do many things for a club, which brings his value up in my opinion.. But u can see why some teams think possibly saftey because hes got expierence there in high school and alittle in college, plus his size is FS esque and with lack of top end speed, might be best fit.. I think he'll be a bit of both, and versatile player for whoever drafts him..

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
He worked at Safety during the 2011 spring practices and then started first 2games there in the fall before moving back to Corner.. The reason being is top end speed.. The guys always been versatile, as in High school, he kicked over 100ex points, threw and ran for over 100tds, and intercepting 8passes as a Safety.. Hes just a versatile football player who i think can do many things for a club, which brings his value up in my opinion.. But u can see why some teams think possibly saftey because hes got expierence there in high school and alittle in college, plus his size is FS esque and with lack of top end speed, might be best fit.. I think he'll be a bit of both, and versatile player for whoever drafts him..

He could be a solid FS if he got taught the schemes. He has really good ball skills and excels in zone coverage. We like to run zone a lot so that is a positive. He does not have top notch speed with a 4.56 but he has pretty good size and can tackle well. I think he could be like a 3rd Safety/CB on 4 WR sets. I like the kid and think he does have a bright future with which ever teams picks him

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Another kid that is a low risk high reward type of guy that you might be able to get very late in the draft is Walter Stewart from Cinci. The kid was having a good Senior year. I think I read somewhere that Mayock claims he was a top 10 talent after a few games. After about his 5th game he got a neck injury and was out of the rest of the season. He was diagnosed with a neck disease of some sort I believe. He has got evaluated by quite a few doctors after the season and he is getting some saying he can play for sure and some are saying that he should not. If we got a team doctor to evaluate the kid and he thought Stewart can play than we could get a serious steal later in the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QcWcCPDrI footage vs Pitt. Kid gets off the ball very fast it looks like!

zimonami
03-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen a thread really devoted to sleepers. I believe making picks in the 2nd day that contribute to the team make your team have great depth and we dont have to sign big name free agents (since big name FA have not gone that well for us in past years) Lavar Arrington blew his achilles out sadly, Sam Madison didnt do anything special, more recently we have done better but overpaid players likr Chris Canty, Rolle etc...
When we made the run to win the SB vs the unbeaten Pats we had many players we drafted contributing Boss, Bradshaw, Smith etc.I like looking for sleeper picks last year I was glad we got Adrien Robinson bc he was on my sleeper list for his athletic ability and had to take into consideration that for Cincinnati he was primarily a blocker so his stats were not a reflection on the player he can become with right coaching (Our TE is a great groomer of TE's)

My sleeper list

1) Le'veon Bell (Mich. St.) Big hard running back
2) Reggie Dunn (Utah) a WR/Return man

3) Bacarri Rambo (Georgia) S who was a big part of the bulldog defense. He is not given the credit he deserves bc of the other members of their defense who will be 1st rounders most likely

4) Leon McFadden (San Diego State) CB
5) Andrew Jackson (Western Kentucky) MLB
That is my list off the top of my head. I would like to hear what you guys think of my choices and to give some your own and will give feedback as well. I will look for some clips of these guys to put on here so you can get a look at these guys.
Who can ignore the potential for fan love with a guy named Rambo.? If the kid is a hard hitter, the 'Rambo' chants will become like the 'Cruz' chants.... It could be fun. Thanks for your list

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Who can ignore the potential for fan love with a guy named Rambo.? If the kid is a hard hitter, the 'Rambo' chants will become like the 'Cruz' chants.

Rambo hits pretty hard haha that would be awesome to hear that cheer. I will post a video of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34 (all highlights are pretty much INT's.. there is some rambo the movie in there too haha)

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Another kid that is a low risk high reward type of guy that you might be able to get very late in the draft is Walter Stewart from Cinci. The kid was having a good Senior year. I think I read somewhere that Mayock claims he was a top 10 talent after a few games. After about his 5th game he got a neck injury and was out of the rest of the season. He was diagnosed with a neck disease of some sort I believe. He has got evaluated by quite a few doctors after the season and he is getting some saying he can play for sure and some are saying that he should not. If we got a team doctor to evaluate the kid and he thought Stewart can play than we could get a serious steal later in the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QcWcCPDrI footage vs Pitt. Kid gets off the ball very fast it looks like! Very intriguing indeed.. We've discussed him a few times...

Another one is Lucas Reed TE New Mexico.. Younger bro of Brooks Reed, and is a good sized TE who has size to pack on a few lbs and had a solid Pro Day to boot, which helps, becuase he had very little recieving numbers becauase New Mexico simply had no pass game to speak of.. Reed could be worth a gamble late...

NYGfanSTRICK
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Very intriguing indeed.. We've discussed him a few times...

Another one is Lucas Reed TE New Mexico.. Younger bro of Brooks Reed, and is a good sized TE who has size to pack on a few lbs and had a solid Pro Day to boot, which helps, becuase he had very little recieving numbers becauase New Mexico simply had no pass game to speak of.. Reed could be worth a gamble late...

I was not aware that Stewart came up at all really. I never saw it... maybe it was before I joined since I am fairly new to this message board. I will check out Reed. There are a lot of solid TE's in this class! I really like it

zimonami
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Rambo hits pretty hard haha that would be awesome to hear that cheer. I will post a video of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34 (all highlights are pretty much INT's.. there is some rambo the movie in there too haha)
Thanks, Strick