PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want us to wear the (road whites) against Dallas?

53canton
12-25-2011, 10:15 PM
I say definetly. Dallas hates to wear their blue jerseys, and were winning more on the road. Makes sense to me.

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I'd be on board for that. Dallas has a losing record with the blue I believe.

miked1958
12-25-2011, 10:24 PM
We beat em wearing our blues in Dallas

pjam84
12-25-2011, 10:59 PM
not really. makes sense if you believe in magic i guess. i just like the blues better and know that the color jersey a team wears has no impact on the game. lets just hope they man up and play giants football, and do it looking pretty in blue.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't care if they borrow outfits from the LFL. Just beat the damn Cowboys

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Win or lose...I'm thinking the jersey color isn't going to factor into it in any way.

Dirt66
12-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Parcells used to do that as I remember! Just win GIANTS!!!!!!

fletch842
12-26-2011, 12:01 AM
I don't care if they borrow outfits from the LFL.* Just beat the damn Cowboys

that would be pretty scary (if they borrowed LFL uniforms that is).

Ntegrase96
12-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Blue Jerseys are my fav, so I do.

I think the only Jerseys that have affected a game in recent memory were the Giants red unis against Dallas in the 2nd game of 2007.

Romo said in an interview after the game that he caught enough of a glimpse on one of the crazier plays to notice 'no red jerseys'.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 12:15 AM

I think the only Jerseys that have affected a game in recent memory were the Giants red unis against Dallas in the 2nd game of 2007.

Romo said in an interview after the game that he caught enough of a glimpse on one of the crazier plays to notice 'no red jerseys'.Yup when he dipped under a sack and threw a TD to Crayton. We haven't worn them since.

I actually liked those jerseys too.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't care if they borrow outfits from the LFL. Just beat the damn Cowboys

Yeah, can you imagine Boothe in a thong? [+o(]

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 12:26 AM

Yeah, can you imagine Boothe in a thong?* [+o(]
With that cottage cheese *** I think it would be better to not imagine that.

Ntegrase96
12-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Romo said in an interview after the game that he caught enough of a glimpse on one of the crazier plays to notice 'no red jerseys'.Yup when he dipped under a sack and threw a TD to Crayton. We haven't worn them since.

Me too. Thought they were a nice change of pace. I can understand why a lot of people here didn't like them with the 'we're big blue' argument.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 12:38 AM

Me too. Thought they were a nice change of pace. I can understand why a lot of people here didn't like them with the 'we're big blue' argument.I don't think it was so much that as it was constantly losing in them. 2006, we give up a huge play and Gramatica kicks the game winner, 2007, Romo makes that comment. I like the Cardinals and Eagles black alt jerseys. They are bad ***.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 12:38 AM

Me too. Thought they were a nice change of pace. I can understand why a lot of people here didn't like them with the 'we're big blue' argument.I don't think it was so much that as it was constantly losing in them. 2006, we give up a huge play and Gramatica kicks the game winner, 2007, Romo makes that comment. I like the Cardinals and Eagles black alt jerseys. They are bad ***.

Beelzeboss
12-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Every little thing counts! and plus I LOVE our away whites.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Every little thing counts! and plus I LOVE our away whites.
You know it's funny, they used to be my favorite too, but after 2007, they changed the way they looked (slightly), and I just stopped liking them. Don't know if anyone else noticed.

TuckYou
12-26-2011, 10:00 AM
not really. makes sense if you believe in magic i guess. i just like the blues better and know that the color jersey a team wears has no impact on the game. lets just hope they man up and play giants football, and do it looking pretty in blue.</P>

Actually, they did a study on this and found out teams that wear red are more likely to be aggressive and overall play better in a game and there fore more likely to win. Its weird. Its like the opponents fear red a little more or something. Ill try to find the article. </P>

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&amp;sectid=7&amp;contentid=2009082 8200908280225342032718a9e4</P>

"According to New Scientist, experts believe that red could make individuals and teams feel more confident and perceived by others as more aggressive and dominant."</P>

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0518_050518_redsports.html
</P>

"red seems to be the color, across species, that signals male dominance and testosterone levels,"
</P>

tikiandphil
12-26-2011, 12:25 PM

Yeah, can you imagine Boothe in a thong?* [+o(]

Aaaahhhhh. Thanks for the visual boys...( cannot apply the red font)

blueomaha
12-26-2011, 12:33 PM
doesn't matter to me...i think we have the best looking unis in the league....

miked1958
12-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Romo said in an interview after the game that he caught enough of a glimpse on one of the crazier plays to notice 'no red jerseys'.

Hey, good luck Sunday!!!
Who would of thought going into the year that we would be playing a winner take all in last regular season game. With the Dream Teams expectations and with the way our season ended last year giving up 31-10 lead with 8min left to eagles, then getting blown out after that.. And the way your season went last year this is a pleasant surprise that it's us left standing. And nice the dream team is eliminated (even though the beat us 3/4 games) till next year ( thanks to our win over jets)

stormblue
12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
can't stand the road whites.
and its because everything is red trim.
we are big blue , not big red .
go back to the blue trim. 1976 style , with the blue trim and dark blue pants.real mean lookin' stuff

the road jerseys we have now look like the '76 49ers.

53canton
12-26-2011, 02:32 PM
can't stand the road whites.
and its because everything is red trim.
we are big blue , not big red .
go back to the blue trim. 1976 style , with the blue trim and dark blue pants.real mean lookin' stuff

the road jerseys we have now look like the '76 49ers.

Oh I agree, I dont like the reds either. But if we can get into the heads of the enemy, I say we do it. Can only help. Dallas dont like their blue jerseys, lets make them wear'em!

pjam84
12-26-2011, 04:24 PM
not really. makes sense if you believe in magic i guess. i just like the blues better and know that the color jersey a team wears has no impact on the game. lets just hope they man up and play giants football, and do it looking pretty in blue.</P>

Actually, they did a study on this and found out teams that wear red are more likely to be aggressive and overall play better in a game and there fore more likely to win. Its weird. Its like the opponents fear red a little more or something. Ill try to find the article. </P>

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=7&contentid=20090828200908280225342032718a9e4</P>

"According to New Scientist, experts believe that red could make individuals and teams feel more confident and perceived by others as more aggressive and dominant."</P>

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0518_050518_redsports.html
</P>

"red seems to be the color, across species, that signals male dominance and testosterone levels,"
</P>

interesting. not sure if i buy that though.

Yksgntsrule
12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I say definetly. Dallas hates to wear their blue jerseys, and were winning more on the road. Makes sense to me.

NYSPORTS
12-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Wish the road jersey's weren't so blah.

Yksgntsrule
12-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes. I remember the 81 game which Joe Danelo kicked the game winner in O.T. we wore white that day and the boys wore blue. Then Week 17 in 93 we wore blue the boys wore white and we lost in O.T. Damn Both those games were in week 17 and both were home games both went to overtime. Just wear white and let's win. Go G-MEN 28-17 Final

stormblue
12-26-2011, 08:17 PM
something tells me that this would have had to been pre-approved by carrot-top and his henchmen at the beginning of the pre-season...
or some such stupid uniform "tuck" rule.