PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Lattimore?

Jppallday
02-19-2013, 10:23 PM
I really want the giants to take Lattimore in this draft. I think him and David Wilson could be dangerous as a duo for years. Thoughts?

Buddy333
02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
He has had a really tough time with injuries though.

Carter.525
02-19-2013, 10:41 PM
JR really needs to hit a home run in this draft.. Lattimore is a big risk..... I'm scared

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-19-2013, 10:42 PM
any news on him? I heard something about his recovery going pretty well.

Jppallday
02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
JR really needs to hit a home run in this draft.. Lattimore is a big risk..... I'm scared

Me too but I think Lattimore is worth the risk. I think he is the perfect compliment to Wilson if he gets and stays healthy

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM

true that, was just saying that to my buddy. he gets a lot of credit for drafting well but in reality he has wiffed on more than have hit. the giants are something like 29th in draft proficiency over the past couple of years.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Me too but I think Lattimore is worth the risk. I think he is the perfect compliment to Wilson if he gets and stays healthy

his combine or pro day will speak volumes, could be the steal of the draft.

Mlerman17
02-20-2013, 12:44 AM
According to mayock lattimore is ahead of schedule with his rehab and will go in the 3rd round.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-20-2013, 12:59 AM
According to mayock lattimore is ahead of schedule with his rehab and will go in the 3rd round.

I could believe that, his upside is way too good to pass up. even though he has had 2 knee injuries. teams needing a back will take the chance. willis mcgahee I believe had a similar situation and went on to have a pretty good career. best of luck to him.

killerbootz
02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
i would take marcus lattimore in the late rounds. however, it wouldnt surprise me if a team pick him as high as the 2nd round and as low as being undrafted.

teaneck
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm a big fan of Lattimore in the 3RD but I've mocked up to the 4-5th in my mocks. I wouldn't be upset if we picked him up in the 3rd as if Lattimore did flop, it would be no different from JRs previous 3rd round picks. Chad Jones, Ramses Barden, etc.

Jppallday
02-20-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm a big fan of Lattimore in the 3RD but I've mocked up to the 4-5th in my mocks. I wouldn't be upset if we picked him up in the 3rd as if Lattimore did flop, it would be no different from JRs previous 3rd round picks. Chad Jones, Ramses Barden, etc.

I definitely say if he makes it to us in the 3rd I hope we pull the trigger. If it works out then I think it could be exactly why we need

teaneck
02-20-2013, 09:39 PM
I definitely say if he makes it to us in the 3rd I hope we pull the trigger. If it works out then I think it could be exactly why we need

He would be a good back to just sit and let rehab for the rest of the year. I'm all for this plan so long as our first two picks address OL/LB

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-20-2013, 09:54 PM

we have 2 good backs in brown and wilson, he would be a luxury, not a need.

myles2424
02-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Idk if id be comfortable with him in the 3rd,although he could pay off big time, theres also alot of quality players left in the 3rd considering we dont have some off the wall project pick....Id like the 4th better,our later round drafting has been suspect,so wouldnt be much to lose....But i dont think he'll make that far..

Mlerman17
02-21-2013, 02:29 AM

no we have way too many needs... the third round is strictly 4 ol/cb/dl

gabriel_1
02-21-2013, 02:34 AM
I don't think we will draft Lattimore, but I believe he will be a great player. Daniel Jeremiah already said, that out of one interview with Marcus, he saw the intensity and passion for the game. Marcus will overcome the injury, and mark his name, because he will be a great player for years to come.

miked1958
02-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Risky with all the Injuries and with the run of guys with ACL issues we have had over past 3years i dont know if they want to take on another guy with a HUGE risk to get hurt... He looked dominating though when he was healthly for SC... Risky yes, but he could turn out to be like has been said the STEAL of the Draft. It comes down to who wants to take the chance and use a Draft Choice on him in hopes he is over his problems and can have a productive career in the NFL

miked1958
02-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Bottom line is someone is going to take that Gamble on him... I hope its us in the 3rd round if he is there. Worth the risk. As was said its high reward vs just having someone like Barden that doesnt pan out... plus we have an extra pick this year any ways

miked1958
03-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Anymore thoughts on this kid now that a month has passed?

TAILGATIN'
03-18-2013, 12:46 PM
I doubt we take a RB this draft and if so it will probably be in the last 2 rounds. He will be gone by then. Im perfectly content with the backs we have and there are much bigger needs to be addressed.

miked1958
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
I doubt we take a RB this draft and if so it will probably be in the last 2 rounds. He will be gone by then. Im perfectly content with the backs we have and there are much bigger needs to be addressed.oh I agree.. But the possibility of this kid being dynamic is their... If hero's still there late in draft giants may just pull the trigger and bring him along really slow

Giants5699
03-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Lattimore is a Tyrone Wheatley waiting to happen.

nycsportzfan
03-18-2013, 04:55 PM
This guy would be a ridiculous fit with this team and could end up being one of, if not thee best RB in the draft.. Thats how big a deal this guy was before his injury, and we've seen guys like Clinton Portis come back from major knee injuries just fine.. So ya, hes worth the risk, as hes young and i don't think any injury that can heal will hold this young kid down for long.. What scares me is this kid on a team we gotta face twice a yr...

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
This guy would be a ridiculous fit with this team and could end up being one of, if not thee best RB in the draft.. Thats how big a deal this guy was before his injury, and we've seen guys like Clinton Portis come back from major knee injuries just fine.. So ya, hes worth the risk, as hes young and i don't think any injury that can heal will hold this young kid down for long.. What scares me is this kid on a team we gotta face twice a yr...
giants wont touch a RB in the 1st 4 rounds, do you think he lasts even that long?

MattyD21
03-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Not past the 4th , the fact that people are talking about him in the 3rd -4th round range is amazing considering how bad his injury was last year, his knee bent inward and then twisted , you can find the video on youtube but wouldn't watch it if you are squeamish

Jppallday
03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Not past the 4th , the fact that people are talking about him in the 3rd -4th round range is amazing considering how bad his injury was last year, his knee bent inward and then twisted , you can find the video on youtube but wouldn't watch it if you are squeamish

It apparently wasn't as bad of an injury as everyone thought. It looked worse than it was. With that being said as the thread starter I still want to draft lattimore. I'd even pick him in the third round I I had to but preferably 4th or later

nygon3
03-19-2013, 02:11 AM

This...and dont you know e love players who tore their ACL... look how many contracts we've given T2 lmao

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 06:36 AM
giants wont touch a RB in the 1st 4 rounds, do you think he lasts even that long? Nah, i don't.. But i will say if this guys on the board 19th pick of RD3, ur talking about possibly getting a powerful workhorse type RB, who also catches the ball, and even though power is his main asset, he does have some shiftiness vision and balance to his game as well..

If this guy didn't get hurt, hes going in the top 5 -10picks of RD1, as he is very similar to Trent Richardson... People are forgetting just how big a deal Lattimore was before the injury.. He'll recover and be fine, and a total steal for someone...

He would give us as dynamic a RB DUO as u can possibly have going forward... Imagine a Wilson/Lattimore/Brown RB trio? Jesus!