PDA

View Full Version : Mingo 19.

WiIdcat
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
I've seen Mingo dropping to the Giants in a lot of recent mocks. Do you think he would fit in here? What position would he play? He may be light at 240ish but Bruce Irvin had a great rookie year playing DE in a 4-3.

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Irvin wasent a full time DE. Just a sub package rusher.

Mingo would likely play what position Kiwi has for the giants. A Sam Lb on running downs and then sub package rusher on throwing downs.

I think he could fit well in that role, but he still scares me a bit as a prospect

Carter.525
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
if Mingo or Jordan come to NY.. they will be strong side LBs

I've seen some mocks today with Vaccaro at #19

WiIdcat
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM

Mingo would likely play what position Kiwi has for the giants. A Sam Lb on running downs and then sub package rusher on throwing downs.

I think he could fit well in that role, but he still scares me a bit as a prospect

That's what I was thinking. He is so athletic but kinda raw.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM

I think he could fit well in that role, but he still scares me a bit as a prospectscares me 2 but he is so fast off the edge. LSU prospects are coached terribly. Mingo could be an elite player the tools are there

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I'll have to go back and watch, but did Mingo play predominately one side? Was he better on the left or right or no difference?

Curious where they could use him. JPP is much better from the right DE spot. Does not seem to dip as well going the other direction

But perhaps Mingo could be a poor mans Von miller, but play exactly the same role. Get him against a right tackle who may be a bit slower and he could cause all sorts of havoc. Undersized pass rushers against right tackles in sub packages is going to be the big thing to do the next few years

WiIdcat
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I'll have to go back and watch, but did Mingo play predominately one side? Was he better on the left or right or no difference?

Curious where they could use him. JPP is much better from the right DE spot. Does not seem to dip as well going the other direction

But perhaps Mingo could be a poor mans Von miller, but play exactly the same role. Get him against a right tackle who may be a bit slower and he could cause all sorts of havoc. Undersized pass rushers against right tackles in sub packages is going to be the big thing to do the next few years

He played predominantly left side from what I've seen so that works out perfectly for us. I just feel that if we could turn a guy as raw as JPP into an All-Pro, imagine what we could do with Mingo.

Kruunch
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Isn't he projected to be a 3-4 OLB?

Toadofsteel
02-20-2013, 01:46 PM
I feel like he's just another Kiwi in our system, and Kiwi is pretty much locked up this year. It would almost cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him on board this year.

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Isn't he projected to be a 3-4 OLB?

Doesn't really matter. Situational pass rushers don't need to be big.

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
I feel like he's just another Kiwi in our system, and Kiwi is pretty much locked up this year. It would almost cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him on board this year.

Unless you make kiwi a full time DE. He struggled a ton this past year at LB

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I feel like he's just another Kiwi in our system, and Kiwi is pretty much locked up this year. It would almost cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him on board this year. Mingo is much faster and a lot more fluid in space. This would push Kiwi into a 3rd DE role taking snaps From Tuck and JPP. On passing downs u put kiwi inside with Tuck and play Mingo at LE.

Toadofsteel
02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Mingo is much faster and a lot more fluid in space. This would push Kiwi into a 3rd DE role taking snaps From Tuck and JPP. On passing downs u put kiwi inside with Tuck and play Mingo at LE.

And who would we get for an OT?

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
And who would we get for an OT?

Beatty?

B-Red22
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Mingo is much faster and a lot more fluid in space. This would push Kiwi into a 3rd DE role taking snaps From Tuck and JPP. On passing downs u put kiwi inside with Tuck and play Mingo at LE.

Thats a scary NASCAR package

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
He played predominantly left side from what I've seen so that works out perfectly for us. I just feel that if we could turn a guy as raw as JPP into an All-Pro, imagine what we could do with Mingo. Yeah id say 80% if not higher are on the Left side.

This is a 24 minute Mingo video I did from 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIms6ImVG6w

Here is SC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEH_14rg-SU

Clemson he was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDqkUsRgw6s

He is so athletic watch him against the read option. i think he is the best in the draft against it. Watch the Oregon game from last year . They option him on the back side and he chases down lamichael James before he crosses the line of scrimmage insane play

Toadofsteel
02-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Beatty?

Well, if JR can pull cap space out of his *** again, then i'm all for it... but I honestly can't see us being able to retain Beatty compared to what other teams will offer him. We NEED an OT round 1. No ifs ands or buts about it...

B-Red22
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Well, if JR can pull cap space out of his *** again, then i'm all for it... but I honestly can't see us being able to retain Beatty compared to what other teams will offer him. We NEED an OT round 1. No ifs ands or buts about it...

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas

WiIdcat
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Now that we're on the topic of situational passrushers, what about Dion Jordan?

BlueSabbath
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
scares me 2 but he is so fast off the edge. LSU prospects are coached terribly. Mingo could be an elite player the tools are there

This. I like what Mingo could bring to the team, but I've become a bit worried about taking LSU defensive players. Chavis is a great coordinator but they always seem so poorly coached. They get elite recruits and they just never seem to be anymore than just raw talent. With all that said, depending on who was on the board, I don't see myself complaining at all if we ended up with Mingo. I thought he was going to be a top 10 pick.

penguinfarmer
02-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Now that we're on the topic of situational passrushers, what about Dion Jordan?

Same as Mingo. Sam LB and third down/passing situation edge rusher unless they move JPP to LE. Though he's probably even harder to place than Mingo.

myles2424
02-20-2013, 04:27 PM
if Mingo or Jordan come to NY.. they will be strong side LBs

I've seen some mocks today with Vaccaro at #19

If thats the kind of project were going with, id rather Jordan....He'd play the Kiwi situational pass rusher/SLB role better than Mingo imo...

Kruunch
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Doesn't really matter. Situational pass rushers don't need to be big.

Wasn't referring to size ... just lack of fit (ala Clint Sintim).

Sovereign
02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
You think Perry Fewell will use either of these guys well?

Fharcyde
02-20-2013, 05:22 PM
I'd rather pick Ansah if this ends up being the direction Reese goes in. Can we pick a player that's really good at one position rather than just above average at two? The first round should be used to pick starters for the future, not situational players.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
not sold on him and he will most likely be gone by time we pick.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
If thats the kind of project were going with, id rather Jordan....He'd play the Kiwi situational pass rusher/SLB role better than Mingo imo... Why Jordan doesnt have a true position and has nowhere near the explosive quickness Mingo has. Dion Jordan is under developed for his frame he is more of a crap shoot than Mingo

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
not sold on him and he will most likely be gone by time we pick. I dont think it will matter either. He has to much physical ability to get to the Giants

JSpin
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
I'd rather pick Ansah if this ends up being the direction Reese goes in. Can we pick a player that's really good at one position rather than just above average at two? The first round should be used to pick starters for the future, not situational players.

Well yea so would I but this was basically based on the latest Walter mock which had Ansah @ 6 and Mingo dropping to the giants. Bucky Brooks has us taking Fluker with Richardson and Ansah on the board which I find ridiculous.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
I'd rather pick Ansah if this ends up being the direction Reese goes in. Can we pick a player that's really good at one position rather than just above average at two? The first round should be used to pick starters for the future, not situational players. I like Ansah but if Tuck bounces back which is doubtful and with Kiwi u then have a logjam at Strongside end. At least with Mingo he plays LB and is used to situationally rushing from he tStrongside. Imagine blitzing Mingo on the edge around JPP. Now if Mingo could just get the QB to the ground when he gets there.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Well yea so would I but this was basically based on the latest Walter mock which had Ansah @ 6 and Mingo dropping to the giants. Bucky Brooks has us taking Fluker with Richardson and Ansah on the board which I find ridiculous. No way we take Fluker at 19. If we passed on Glenn who was a better prospect at 32 and take Fluker at 19 I will flip the F out.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
No way we take Fluker at 19. If we passed on Glenn who was a better prospect at 32 and take Fluker at 19 I will flip the F out.

agreed, he is a second round guy.

Sovereign
02-20-2013, 06:11 PM
No way we take Fluker at 19. If we passed on Glenn who was a better prospect at 32 and take Fluker at 19 I will flip the F out.

Preach.

Sovereign
02-20-2013, 06:13 PM
I like Ansah but if Tuck bounces back which is doubtful and with Kiwi u then have a logjam at Strongside end. At least with Mingo he plays LB and is used to situationally rushing from he tStrongside. Imagine blitzing Mingo on the edge around JPP. Now if Mingo could just get the QB to the ground when he gets there.

No we don't. Ansah is raw so his impact like JPP would be felt more in year 2+. I don't see Tuck and Kiwi lasting until then. Now Mingo would be interesting if he was used correctly but Fewell hates sending out 5 rushers. And Mingo is no DE. Fewell would use him in coverage which would make the pick a waste.

Imgrate
02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Mingo is one of the few guys I like that could look like they could be at pick 19

myles2424
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Why Jordan doesnt have a true position and has nowhere near the explosive quickness Mingo has. Dion Jordan is under developed for his frame he is more of a crap shoot than Mingo

Well Mingo doesnt exactly have a true position in the nfl either....If were talking pass rushing,mingo has the edge....But were talking as filling in the Kiwi hybrid role, Jordan is no slouch,all while offering more in coverage & on the ground....Maybe i need to do more homework on him,but ive seen him get handled one too many times...

Sovereign
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Mingo is strictly a LB.

Evo'Ed
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't normally watch much CFB but considering (IMO) this to be one of the more important drafts for us I've been watching a lot of clips of prospects.

Mingo is certainly a big time athlete but is pretty small for a NFL 4-3 DE. Not buying using him as a situational pass rusher either; I would like to get a starter with a 1st rounder.

Though I think lighter/more agile DE's are getting more popular with all these read option offenses in CFB (and now in the NFL) now.

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Mingo is strictly a LB.

This is incredibly false.

BlueSabbath
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM

I hear you on that, but it's a different year and maybe we feel a little more desperate.

Evo'Ed
02-20-2013, 07:05 PM
^…

I agree slipknottin...

Though he doesn't look like a guy that can put on too much muscle, so IMO he looks like a small 4-3 DE.

myles2424
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
^…

I agree slipknottin...

Though he doesn't look like a guy that can put on too much muscle, so IMO he looks like a small 4-3 DE.
What does a guy that cant put on too much muscle look like? With proper nutrition & offseason training, he could easily get into the 250s

Evo'Ed
02-20-2013, 09:00 PM
^..

Honestly 10 lb's of muscle mass isn't too much for a pro level athlete on a program.

All I'm saying is it's easier for some to put on muscle mass compared to others (even some NFL scouting reports cite this in some players).

Dwight Howard is a perfect example; compare him coming out of high school to now (granted much of his development was growing into a man from a teenager) but a better comparison is him from his 3rd NBA season to now.

He's put on a fair amount of muscle mass.

The scouting reports on him prior to the draft stated he had the body frame that could support additional mass.

It's just IMO Mingo looks to have a narrow frame that cannot support an appreciable amount of muscle mass.

WiIdcat
02-20-2013, 10:17 PM
The thing I don't really like about Mingo is the minimal production. Guys like Von Miller and Bruce Irvin had huge sack numbers. Then again Aldon Smith only had 3 sacks in his last year of college, so you never know.

slipknottin
02-20-2013, 10:47 PM
The thing I don't really like about Mingo is the minimal production. Guys like Von Miller and Bruce Irvin had huge sack numbers. Then again Aldon Smith only had 3 sacks in his last year of college, so you never know.

I think a lot of it is coaching. Almost every LSU defensive player the past 2 or so years has been much better as an nfl player.

Patrick Peterson didn't seem coached at all coming out, his technique was awful and he relied just on his athleticism, Arizona got him playing at a probowl level already.

Morris Claiborne was better as a rookie than he ever was in college.

Probably the most telling is Brockers. In college he really didn't do anything. 2 sacks in his college career. Goes to the rams and has 4 sacks his rookie year.

I mean you watch Mingo against any QB who can scramble and Mingo is told to just spy the QB and not get up field. He's never going to put up sack numbers doing that

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 11:16 PM
The thing I don't really like about Mingo is the minimal production. Guys like Von Miller and Bruce Irvin had huge sack numbers. Then again Aldon Smith only had 3 sacks in his last year of college, so you never know.I could give u 10 guys recently they didnt have big sack numbers in College and did in the NFL. U have to look at players in a vacuum. How and why,why not stats are achieved is more important then how much. Can players physically get into position to make plays in the NFL. Look at Greg Jones he would be the Best LB in the history of the NFL if stats were the main thing that translated. Guy had 150 Tackles and 10 sacks in 1 season.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
I think a lot of it is coaching. Almost every LSU defensive player the past 2 or so years has been much better as an nfl player.

Patrick Peterson didn't seem coached at all coming out, his technique was awful and he relied just on his athleticism, Arizona got him playing at a probowl level already.

Morris Claiborne was better as a rookie than he ever was in college.

Probably the most telling is Brockers. In college he really didn't do anything. 2 sacks in his college career. Goes to the rams and has 4 sacks his rookie year.

I mean you watch Mingo against any QB who can scramble and Mingo is told to just spy the QB and not get up field. He's never going to put up sack numbers doing that Its amazing how LSU didnt try to find ways to get a guy that quick and fast Blitzing opportunities. Awful,Awful coaching staff. They are good recruiters thats about it.

A thing that bothers me about Mingo is he doesnt finish a lot of the plays he gets himself into position to make.

myles2424
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
^..

Honestly 10 lb's of muscle mass isn't too much for a pro level athlete on a program.

All I'm saying is it's easier for some to put on muscle mass compared to others (even some NFL scouting reports cite this in some players).

Dwight Howard is a perfect example; compare him coming out of high school to now (granted much of his development was growing into a man from a teenager) but a better comparison is him from his 3rd NBA season to now.

He's put on a fair amount of muscle mass.

The scouting reports on him prior to the draft stated he had the body frame that could support additional mass.

It's just IMO Mingo looks to have a narrow frame that cannot support an appreciable amount of muscle mass.
Well yea he's probably not going to have that nice 275lb frame....But its crazy to think he cant hit 260ish, wich Osi has been playing in the 250's...Ive read he's currently 245, 6'4-5 260 is not bad at all nowadays...
When people comment on players not being able to add size i gotta disagree....Ive been a athelete my whole life & have always been a lean 220-230....But as ive got into bodybuilding more,ive learned only reason people dont grow is because theyre training or diet sucks....Ive recently bulked up to 6'5 270, & have been trimming back down and expect to be a lean 250-255,wich wouldve been a crazy thought to me years ago...
That being said,a offseason,NFL training program & someone to coach him on diet, i think teams can get players to any reasonable size that theyd like to see them play at...

Redeyejedi
02-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Well yea he's probably not going to have that nice 275lb frame....But its crazy to think he cant hit 260ish, wich Osi has been playing in the 250's...Ive read he's currently 245, 6'4-5 260 is not bad at all nowadays...
When people comment on players not being able to add size i gotta disagree....Ive been a athelete my whole life & have always been a lean 220-230....But as ive got into bodybuilding more,ive learned only reason people dont grow is because theyre training or diet sucks....Ive recently bulked up to 6'5 270, & have been trimming back down and expect to be a lean 250-255,wich wouldve been a crazy thought to me years ago...
That being said,a offseason,NFL training program & someone to coach him on diet, i think teams can get players to any reasonable size that theyd like to see them play at...If he is going to play Linebacker and act as a Nickel Rusher how much bigger than 6'4 245-250 do u want him to get. I dont want the Tin Man playing LB like Kiwi.

Imgrate
02-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Mingo is the guy I want. Mingo richardson ansah rhodes are pretty much the only guys I currently like at the 19 spot that seem like they could be there.

GOBLUE24
02-21-2013, 11:07 AM
I think everyone makes a lot of good points. Mingo to me makes a lot of sense. He fills in for kiwi at Sam and can it get worse. Mingo has way more speed and in film is very discipline. This discipline is a major qaulity needed when looking at NFC east from here on out. His versatility helps disguise defenses as well. This guy is a beast speed rusher too. It also gets kiwi back to de were he belongs. Think about JPP and mingo freak athletes to be able to Chase down RG3 and whoever is in Philly. My hat is in the Ogeltree ring but reading hear I'm open to Mingo for sam/de. I'm all for upgrading speed at lb. Don't like a pure DE as first round pick this year. Rather oline or cb but corners are deep in my eyes.

Carter.525
02-21-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm down for Mingo if he slides to #19.. He's a freak

BlessedinBlue22
02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Ehhhh..he doesn't have the bulk only a pure speed rusher..i believe he will get pushed back if the Olineman gets his hands on him first. I see the Jets possibly takin him at #9 anyway, but yea, i'd rather okafor or rhodes..Prince and Rhodes with Hosley in a really nice package.

myles2424
02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
If he is going to play Linebacker and act as a Nickel Rusher how much bigger than 6'4 245-250 do u want him to get. I dont want the Tin Man playing LB like Kiwi.

I was referring to people commenting on him being a full time DE or not

slipknottin
02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Ehhhh..he doesn't have the bulk only a pure speed rusher..i believe he will get pushed back if the Olineman gets his hands on him first. I see the Jets possibly takin him at #9 anyway, but yea, i'd rather okafor or rhodes..Prince and Rhodes with Hosley in a really nice package.

Strahan was only 255 pounds, was he "only" a speed rusher?

Weight doesn't have much to do with it. Technique and the ability to turn speed/momentum into power is far more important.

Von miller is the best pass rusher in the league, and he's smaller than Mingo

wideright91
02-21-2013, 03:39 PM
mingo is way too inconsistent for #19. don't really love the 1st rd DE prospects, in general this year - i think OT or CB (or maybe chance warmack, if he's there...) would be the best fit.

myles2424
02-21-2013, 04:47 PM
mingo is way too inconsistent for #19. don't really love the 1st rd DE prospects, in general this year - i think OT or CB (or maybe chance warmack, if he's there...) would be the best fit.
thing about OT i dont like is, assuming we resign Beatty, we'd be taking a top 20 Tackle & making him play RT.....

JSpin
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
thing about OT i dont like is, assuming we resign Beatty, we'd be taking a top 20 Tackle & making him play RT.....

Exactly why I don't want one.

Evo'Ed
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
That being said,a offseason,NFL training program & someone to coach him on diet, i think teams can get players to any reasonable size that theyd like to see them play at...

You make some good points.

I just worry that if we draft him he might be less effective with added weight.

In the end, I could care less how much he weighs as long as he can play.

Strahan was only 255 pounds, was he "only" a speed rusher?

Weight doesn't have much to do with it. Technique and the ability to turn speed/momentum into power is far more important.

Von miller is the best pass rusher in the league, and he's smaller than Mingo

I don't think the Miller to Mingo comparison is an apples to apples one; Mingo was a college DE, Miller played OLB in college as well as now in the pros.

BTW, I'm glad you brought up Strahan, as he started with us (listed) as 275 lb., but he certainly was lean (255 lbs. as you stated) at the end of his career.

Strahan was a freak really, he seemed to lose weight and be more effective; he was real lean and strong at the end of his career and most certainly not just a speed rusher (just ask John Runyan!).

giantsfan420
02-22-2013, 05:12 AM
i remember when everyone was clamoring over ansah, and i couldnt understand why people would gloss over mingo. hes the prospect id want if we go DE. he can replace that speed off the edge osi used to have. he has a repoitore of moves he can build on...he can move along the line. i noticed he also was a good team player, sure he made a bunch of individual plays, but LSU used him a ton to stunt and draw OL away from blitzers and other DLmen and he played those snaps with as much passion as the ones he knew he was going 1v1 to get to the qb...id be stoked if we could draft Fisher OT, Johnson, OT, Warmack OL, or Mingo DL....my mini wish list. itd be sick if somehow we could get 2 of em like how JR was able to get Wilson and RR, 2 first round caliber prospects...

Redeyejedi
02-22-2013, 08:57 AM
You make some good points.

I just worry that if we draft him he might be less effective with added weight.

In the end, I could care less how much he weighs as long as he can play.

I don't think the Miller to Mingo comparison is an apples to apples one; Mingo was a college DE, Miller played OLB in college as well as now in the pros.

BTW, I'm glad you brought up Strahan, as he started with us (listed) as 275 lb., but he certainly was lean (255 lbs. as you stated) at the end of his career.

Strahan was a freak really, he seemed to lose weight and be more effective; he was real lean and strong at the end of his career and most certainly not just a speed rusher (just ask John Runyan!).

The kind of defense they played in College is irrelevant. Mingos skill set translates very well into the same role Von Miller has in Denver. U guys when looking at Mingo have to understand what LSU is asking him to do and how it doesnt lend itself to Sack numbers. This is why reading stats as a barometer really doesnt hold water. Had Mingo been lined up a 9 and told to attack his sack numbers would of been in the double digits. Mingo is asked to spy and contain.
Mingo athletically is very special im not going to say is without flaws and im not going to say he isnt a risk but all picks are. Mingo is the best player I saw against the read option in CFB this season. With more and more running QB's coming through the ranks in CFB. .With Robert Griffin and now Chip Kelly's Offense in the NFC East we are minimum playing running QB's 4 times a year. Thats not counting on getting past teams like the 49ers and Seahawks.
Here are some examples of the physical ability im talking about

This is Mingo chasing down Lamichael james from behind when Oregon decides to option him. Look at the burst and pure speed

http://youtu.be/VOd9cMeBB2A?t=45s

Watch him beat the pulling LG to the spot and FF. Again elite burst and speed

http://youtu.be/mDqkUsRgw6s?t=8s

When I watch LSU im befuddled that they didnt get him more blitz chances. Its seems like your wasting the best part of his game

giantsfan420
02-23-2013, 01:51 AM
i saw mingos being ranked as the 4th best OLB! figure he actually he could be available at 19, could easily happen actually...i wouldnt mind him altho now im hoping JR pulls a lil magic and we can get a player of his caliber in the 2nd on top of a stud 1rst rd

im a huge proponent of mingo. over ansah imo even. tremendous burst, awesome containment vs mobile qbs, and he played with as much passion being used as a decoy or to set up stunts as he did when he was lining up 1v1 to get after the qb. he has tremendous athleticism. he needs to add 10 or so lbs but i doubt that being an issue. id see him coming in and being a legitimate role player/pass rush situation guy and having a good rookie campaign.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
i saw mingos being ranked as the 4th best OLB! figure he actually he could be available at 19, could easily happen actually...i wouldnt mind him altho now im hoping JR pulls a lil magic and we can get a player of his caliber in the 2nd on top of a stud 1rst rd

im a huge proponent of mingo. over ansah imo even. tremendous burst, awesome containment vs mobile qbs, and he played with as much passion being used as a decoy or to set up stunts as he did when he was lining up 1v1 to get after the qb. he has tremendous athleticism. he needs to add 10 or so lbs but i doubt that being an issue. id see him coming in and being a legitimate role player/pass rush situation guy and having a good rookie campaign.

is he a 3 down player?

giantsfan420
02-23-2013, 02:00 AM
is he a 3 down player?dont see why not. dont think we'd need him to be 1 as a rookie anyways. eventually, of course and kinda like kiwi where it could be OLB or DE. but even still I'd say yes bc on 3rd and passing situations is when I'd want Mingo threatening the edge the most...and he defends the read option exceptionally well too...

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-23-2013, 02:05 AM
dont see why not. dont think we'd need him to be 1 as a rookie anyways. eventually, of course and kinda like kiwi where it could be OLB or DE. but even still I'd say yes bc on 3rd and passing situations is when I'd want Mingo threatening the edge the most...and he defends the read option exceptionally well too...

he seems to be very questionable against the run, but I have seen some of his skills compared to that of j.j. watt which ain't a bad thing at all. I just wish he was solid against the run in addition to his pass rush ability, but hence the word prospect. he's a big boy.