02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
go easy on me this is only my 2nd time ever doing a mock draft... here we go

rd 1 DJ Flucker OT Alabama
rd2 Tyler Eifert TE ND (if available) if not DE Sam Montgomery LSU
rd3 Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
rd4 AJ Klein ILB Iowa State
rd5 Jordan Hill DT Pennstate
rd6 Zeke Motta S ND
rd6 depends what we do rd2 if we draft Eifert then pick is David Bass DE Missouri Western if we take Sam Mongomery then the pick is Micahel Williams TE Alabama
rd7 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State

Carter.525
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Fluker very well could be the pick at #19.. but I don't like it.. the rest looks good

ryan12
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Fluker very well could be the pick at #19.. but I don't like it.. the rest looks good

fluker is a beast its a need and might be bpa at #19

BlueSabbath
02-21-2013, 12:41 PM

I'm KIND OF with you on that. I think there's a lot to like about Planet Fluker, but a few things that concern me as well... more concerns than I want with a first round OT. I like him against the run and against bigger DEs. Once he gets his hands on you, he's extremely effective. I like the way he attacks the point of impact but against speed rushers, he could (and probably would) struggle big time. I do like that he improved a lot as the season went in regards to his pass protection and I like the coaching he comes from (Saban and Stoutland). Our running game would instantly improve with him. The dude is MASSIVE too.

Carter.525
02-21-2013, 12:43 PM
is a RT at #19 a reach..? a guy who is not great at pass protection..

Kruunch
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Not crazy about the first or second picks which kills this mock for me.

The rest of the mock looks solid to me although I'd probably pick a DT sooner.

ryan12
02-21-2013, 12:45 PM

he dropped 20 pounds since senior bowl my guess is to get better with pass protection

BlueSabbath
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM

Perhaps.. if he wasn't as good as he is against the run.. Which is why I would take him. I can't even recall the last OT I've seen that is on his level of run blocking. He showed improvement against the pass but definitely still a bit of weakness at this point (against speed rushers that is)... but hey, if he was also great against the pass he'd be gone before he got to us right? :)

ryan12
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Perhaps.. if he wasn't as good as he is against the run.. Which is why I would take him. I can't even recall the last OT I've seen that is on his level of run blocking. He showed improvement against the pass but definitely still a bit of weakness at this point (against speed rushers that is)... but hey, if he was also great against the pass he'd be gone before he got to us right? :)

agreed if we draft him we have a great rt... i think he would start immediately

ryan12
02-21-2013, 01:38 PM
i updated and added 2nd 6th rounder we get from losing Aaron Ross

Toadofsteel
02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
agreed if we draft him we have a great rt... i think he would start immediately

If we draft him, he's going to be our left tackle, because Beatty won't be here...

ryan12
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fluker_dj00.html

ryan12
02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
If we draft him, he's going to be our left tackle, because Beatty won't be here...

dont say that KNOCK ON WOOD. we must resign Beatty.

ryan12
02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/d.j.-fluker?id=2540166
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-eifert?id=2540148
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sam-montgomery?id=2540149
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/logan-ryan?id=2540162
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/a.j.-klein?id=2539982
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jordan-hill?id=2539292
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/zeke-motta?id=2539669
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/michael-williams?id=2539197
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/dustin-hopkins?id=2539227

Toadofsteel
02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
dont say that KNOCK ON WOOD. we must resign Beatty.

With what cap space? We barely have enough to cover this year's draft/rookies. Cutting Webster gets us about 7 million, which we can use to tender Cruz and both Browns, but leaves us without a true outside CB aside from Prince. Cutting Diehl gives us about 4 million, but still not enough to re-sign a guy like Beatty...

ryan12
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
With what cap space? We barely have enough to cover this year's draft/rookies. Cutting Webster gets us about 7 million, which we can use to tender Cruz and both Browns, but leaves us without a true outside CB aside from Prince. Cutting Diehl gives us about 4 million, but still not enough to re-sign a guy like Beatty...

we can franchise him. we also can cut and restructure players. they should cut webster and diehl. resturtures should be snee rolle and tuck

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-21-2013, 02:21 PM

this would be a rerrible 1st pick, a LB such as alec ogeltree or te'o could be there at 19, that would be BPA. but jerry as always will pass on a LB regardless of past history of the player.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
doubtful fluker get tabbed in the 1st. the giants dont go OL very often that early in the draft, the pick will be defense.

ryan12
02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
this would be a rerrible 1st pick, a LB such as alec ogeltree or te'o could be there at 19, that would be BPA. but jerry as always will pass on a LB regardless of past history of the player.

teriible? maybe a reach at 19 however huge upside that being said when i did this mock i had teo already drafted

teaneck
02-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm interested to see why you have Eifert and or Sam Montgomery falling to us in the mid 2nd round. I have them as late first rounders. I believe Green Bay drafts behind us, and they definitely need a TE like Sam Eifert. Seattle or even the 49ers could easily pick up a guy like Sam Montgomery if he is avaliable to either team.

teaneck
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
In other words, post a full 1st round mock.

ryan12
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm interested to see why you have Eifert and or Sam Montgomery falling to us in the mid 2nd round. I have them as late first rounders. I believe Green Bay drafts behind us, and they definitely need a TE like Sam Eifert. Seattle or even the 49ers could easily pick up a guy like Sam Montgomery if he is avaliable to either team.

gb has finley and grabtree so they dont need eifert niners dont need montgomery there dl is best in football maybe seattle but i see them going after other things other than dl

BlueSabbath
02-21-2013, 04:20 PM

I think Montgomery possibly could. I'm not all that high on the guy and have a feeling he could drop a good bit as we get closer to the draft.

BlueSabbath
02-21-2013, 04:22 PM

I don't think he can play LT. So maybe he won't be our guy.

gabriel_1
02-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Indeed, don't like Fluker in the first, and I don't believe he has value to go at #19. Better players will fall to us.The Eifert pick is tricky, we don't need a TE this much, there are more needs that we need to address before we pick a TE. - like the Sam Montgomery pikc though.That is incredably low for Motta from Notre Dame. He is currently ranked as the 5th best safety in this class, he is a third round pick.All the other picks are good Ryan has great value, same with AJ Klein.

Carter.525
02-22-2013, 09:09 AM
if JR goes O-line in the 1st, I think it will be Fluker or Cooper.. I'd rather Fluker

ryan12
02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Indeed, don't like Fluker in the first, and I don't believe he has value to go at #19. Better players will fall to us.The Eifert pick is tricky, we don't need a TE this much, there are more needs that we need to address before we pick a TE. - like the Sam Montgomery pikc though.That is incredably low for Motta from Notre Dame. He is currently ranked as the 5th best safety in this class, he is a third round pick.All the other picks are good Ryan has great value, same with AJ Klein.

every mock i see him late 5th rd to 6th rd on motta

ryan12
02-22-2013, 10:08 AM
if JR goes O-line in the 1st, I think it will be Fluker or Cooper.. I'd rather Fluker

agreed i dont see how people can be pissed about picking fluker. he is a beast and everyone agrees we need line help. no need to have great wr's if eli isnt protected hate to sound cliche but it all starts in the trenches

Toadofsteel
02-22-2013, 11:22 AM
agreed i dont see how people can be pissed about picking fluker. he is a beast and everyone agrees we need line help. no need to have great wr's if eli isnt protected hate to sound cliche but it all starts in the trenches

I'm not pissed about picking Fluker at all... but he's a RT and because there's no way in hell we'd be able to re-sign Beatty given the fact that JR absolutely refuses to cut Diehl, Tuck, or Toaster, we're going to need a LT...

TheEnigma
02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Problem is Fluker struggles badly in pass protection. You guys are just going to complain when speed rushers get past his edge on a consistent basis and then ask for a RT next year lol. We need someone who is lighter on their feet and has a better chance to mirror edge rushers for a Gilbride system than Fluker. He would make more sense for a run heavy team like the Vikings who rely on Adrian Peterson and little else.

ryan12
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM

and we will need te if we dont resign bennett

ryan12
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not pissed about picking Fluker at all... but he's a RT and because there's no way in hell we'd be able to re-sign Beatty given the fact that JR absolutely refuses to cut Diehl, Tuck, or Toaster, we're going to need a LT...

i think all 3 should be cut

BlueSabbath
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Dallas Thomas in the 2nd for LT.

Mlerman17
02-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Problem is Fluker struggles badly in pass protection. You guys are just going to complain when speed rushers get past his edge on a consistent basis and then ask for a RT next year lol. We need someone who is lighter on their feet and has a better chance to mirror edge rushers for a Gilbride system than Fluker. He would make more sense for a run heavy team like the Vikings who rely on Adrian Peterson and little else.

good point..I tend to agree with this

Toadofsteel
02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
i think all 3 should be cut

And yet they're still on the roster... what is Reese waiting for?

Carter.525
02-22-2013, 11:24 PM
I think I'm on the Fluker train..

BlessedinBlue22
02-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Would love to have eiffert, Him and Eli all day lol.

ryan12
03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
see my new mock