PDA

View Full Version : One player who Fewell has been majorly holding back...

steve115658
12-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Alright so this week may not be the best week to rip on Fewell since he had a good game plan against the Jets.. Probably his third best of the season behind the first Eagles game and the Patriots game. But that made me think, he has had 3 good gameplans this year.. And one guy has had 3 good games.. Any idea who? Jacquian Williams. This guy was around the ball and in good position all day yesterday. Against New England he played a good game. And his game against Philly made us all take notice.

Obviously this could be a coincidence but I have a hunch its not. Williams is a great athlete but very raw. It seems like when Fewell has a more agressive game plan he can just play on his natural athletic ablility and be a playmaker.

Just my two cents, was interested to hear if anyone else had the same opinion..

NYGRealityCheck
12-26-2011, 10:45 AM
How about Da'Rel Scott? Fumbled in the Saints game and never heard of again... He was doing well until then. I think he deserves a second chance somewhere on special teams instead of trying out like 5 different PRs in a season.

Tony Bruno
12-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Him and Id like to know... While I guess coause he is a rookie where is Sash besides special teams.. I mean here is a situation where our 2ndary is slim and he isnt on the feild??? Why did we draft him???

I know last year when we had Rolle coming off that edge it has hell... Is that some thing Sash cant do???

PF has been forced to play younger players.. Im a huge fan of that... I would like to see how fast I can make a star rather waiting for a guy to define the odds... I think we need to use the players more often... Getting reps from the younger guys is always a good way to get the experiance rather a starter that stinks but because they have seniority they get handled with kid gloves...

We just hold on to guys way to long and then evnd up finding out they were not that good...

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 10:59 AM
How about Da'Rel Scott? Fumbled in the Saints game and never heard of again... He was doing well until then. I think he deserves a second chance somewhere on special teams instead of trying out like 5 different PRs in a season.

I think Scott's "benching" has more to do with Bradshaw being back in the game than Scott. Had Bradshaw not been injured, I doubt Scott would have even gotten the carries that he had...

NYGRealityCheck
12-26-2011, 11:03 AM

I think Scott's "benching" has more to do with Bradshaw being back in the game than Scott. Had Bradshaw not been injured, I doubt Scott would have even gotten the carries that he had...

The only thing putting DJ Ware ahead of Scott on the RB depth chart it seems is Ware's knowledge/experience with the offensive playbook/scheme, which is perfectably understandable.

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 11:15 AM

The only thing putting DJ Ware ahead of Scott on the RB depth chart it seems is Ware's knowledge/experience with the offensive playbook/scheme, which is perfectably understandable.

DJ Ware has been solid in the offense...he can catch the ball reasonably well and shows good effort and strength. He is not irreplaceable, but he definitely deserves to be ahead of Scott right now...

NYGRealityCheck
12-26-2011, 11:20 AM

DJ Ware has been solid in the offense...he can catch the ball reasonably well and shows good effort and strength. He is not irreplaceable, but he definitely deserves to be ahead of Scott right now...

Agreed...

Redeyejedi
12-26-2011, 11:33 AM

DJ Ware has been solid in the offense...he can catch the ball reasonably well and shows good effort and strength. He is not irreplaceable, but he definitely deserves to be ahead of Scott right now...He wont get Eli killed on 3rd down and he is the best receiver the team has at RB "WHich Doesnt say much". He still can and should be upgraded though