PDA

View Full Version : Prince

Itlan
12-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Not sure if this was posted, but I really liked the article.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_prince_amukamara_vows_t.html

"The only thing he’s experienced is lots of support from teammates Corey Webster, Aaron Ross and Antrel Rolle, who have all been benched (or in Rolle’s case, moved from corner to safety) at one point or another. All of them responded, whether immediately (Ross with two interceptions against the Eagles in Week 3) or down the line (Webster in the ’07 playoff run)."

It's great that he's getting support from his teammates. Kid is going to be a stud, but this fanbase refuses to be patient with him. I hope he doesn't lose his head - he had damn near perfect coverage on Burress before he got pushed off.

Firenugget
12-26-2011, 08:08 AM

"The only thing he’s experienced is lots of support from teammates Corey Webster, Aaron Ross and Antrel Rolle, who have all been benched (or in Rolle’s case, moved from corner to safety) at one point or another. All of them responded, whether immediately (Ross with two interceptions against the Eagles in Week 3) or down the line (Webster in the ’07 playoff run)."

It's great that he's getting support from his teammates. Kid is going to be a stud, but this fanbase refuses to be patient with him. I hope he doesn't lose his head - he had damn near perfect coverage on Burress before he got pushed off.

I wouldn't be so quick to say "this fanbase". It's actually a very small minority.

Kendo15
12-26-2011, 08:09 AM
I can't believe the harshness some people are treating Prince with.

He's a rookie, following a lock out and a bad injury.

At least give him one full camp and a healthy season before judging him.

GameTime
12-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Not sure if this was posted, but I really liked the article. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_prince_amukamara_vows_t.html "The only thing he’s experienced is lots of support from teammates Corey Webster, Aaron Ross and Antrel Rolle, who have all been benched (or in Rolle’s case, moved from corner to safety) at one point or another. All of them responded, whether immediately (Ross with two interceptions against the Eagles in Week 3) or down the line (Webster in the ’07 playoff run)." It's great that he's getting support from his teammates. Kid is going to be a stud, but this fanbase refuses to be patient with him. I hope he doesn't lose his head - he had damn near perfect coverage on Burress before he got pushed off.

I wouldn't be so quick to say "this fanbase". It's actually a very small minority.
</P>

any fan who wants to write him off so soon is being ignorant......its their prerogative but its still ignorant....</P>

</P>

buddy33
12-26-2011, 08:15 AM
He had good coverage on Burress the other day. Good enough Burress had to push off to get open. So glad they called that back.

Husky
12-26-2011, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><blockquote>+1 Give the kid a break. It's like getting your learners permit and getting put out on a race track.
</blockquote></blockquote>

fletch842
12-26-2011, 08:50 AM
yep, due to the circumstances this season, he gets something of a pass. Hopefully, it's starting to come to him, would be nice for any playoff run.

TuckYou
12-26-2011, 08:54 AM
People who are writing him off already are dumb. Way too early. If he shows no progress by week 17 next season, then Id start being a little worried.</P>

#1- No offseason training for him.
#2- A screw placed in his foot.</P>

Those 2 right there told me he wouldnt be much this year. He is just getting experience right now. </P>

Captain Chaos
12-26-2011, 08:56 AM
The season's not over yet and he had a much better game last week. I think we will see him grow each week into a stud!

TroyArcher
12-26-2011, 09:51 AM
People who are writing him off already are dumb. Way too early. If he shows no progress by week 17 next season, then Id start being a little worried.</P>

Those 2 right there told me he wouldnt be much this year. He is just getting experience right now. </P>

With that type of patience Dave Brown would still be playing QB waiting for him to turn it around.

jomo
12-26-2011, 09:54 AM
The season's not over yet and he had a much better game last week. I think we will see him grow each week into a stud!He plays a very demanding position, both physically and mentally. With the broken foot and no training camp, both of those are severely challenged. He is making progress and I have not lost hope or confidence in him.

PrideofNY
12-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Most fans aren't getting on his case. If he struggles next year, its cause for concern, but struggling this year is understandable.

Joe Morrison
12-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree, he is plainly still not 100% and still not comfortable with the scheme's, a full training camp and some more playing time and he will be fine, after all he's competing with Ross at this point and we need to improve there for sure.

Zaggs
12-26-2011, 11:50 AM
People who are writing him off already are dumb. Way too early. If he shows no progress by week 17 next season, then Id start being a little worried.</p>

#2- A screw placed in his foot.</p>

Those 2 right there told me he wouldnt be much this year. He is just getting experience right now. </p>

On top of that he's playing earlier than the staff probably wanted due to injuries. At best he would have been 4th on the depth chart had TT been healthy.

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 11:57 AM

Alll the kid needs is 1 pic & his confidence will shoot up & he'll quit playing too conservative. He had good position all day on the Jets WR from what I saw anyway. Looked like he played his best game so far this year.

Keep improving & get that pic.

logan9839
12-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Most fans aren't getting on his case. If he struggles next year, its cause for concern, but struggling this year is understandable.

Only a litlle cause for concern. It takes CBs a few years to develop. It is one of the toughest positions. Look at Web, what did it take, 3-4 years for him?

brad
12-26-2011, 12:18 PM

With that type of patience Dave Brown would still be playing QB waiting for him to turn it around.

And with that type of thinking players like Rodney Hampton, Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber (just to name a few) would have been cut before they ever had a chance to become great players

jacobavaro
12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
He looks like Revis type player to me just give him a full camp and a healthy season

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
He looks like Revis type player to me just give him a full camp and a healthy season

Not so fast Prince play's too far off the reciever where Revis is mugging his guy all through the route. Totally different to me anyway.

Itlan
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM

Not so fast Prince play's too far off the reciever where Revis is mugging his guy all through the route. Totally different to me anyway.Well, if you watched Prince his senior year he loved press-coverage. I think he's scared right now, scared to make a mistake, and that's why he plays off.

Spizi
12-29-2011, 12:55 PM
had a dream that prince got a pick of a tipped pass last night. be ready for it! haha