PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Tell Nnamdi Asomugha To Take A Pay Cut Or be Cut

RoanokeFan
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33057/Eagles-tell-Nnamdi-Asomugha-to-take-a-pay-cut-or-be-cut/Default.aspx

miked1958
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
we need to be doing the same thing with DD, CWeb and KP

Carter.525
02-22-2013, 12:18 PM
dream team..

RoanokeFan
02-22-2013, 01:12 PM

Have patience. Reese has to have a handle on which free agents he can keep before dumping players.

RoanokeFan
02-22-2013, 01:13 PM
dream team..

Proof positive that it takes more than talented individuals to make a team.

Ntegrase96
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Don't know about that. It's a nice 'tough love' concept that is kind of awesome in a vacuum, but you have to think of how it will affect the rest of the locker room.

It's a little different situation for Nnamdi and the guys you've mentioned. You're talking about guys who have only played with the Giants vs a hired gun who has failed to meet expectations. I think the ultimatum works with Nnamdi because the eagles paid for the best CB in the league (tied with Revis at the time of the signing) and he's been far from that.

slipknottin
02-22-2013, 03:25 PM

Coughlin pretty much hinted that more cuts were coming.

I'm not sure why you mention KP though. He's not under contract.

titwio
02-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Take a cut or BE cut....words no player ever wants to hear.

BigBlueAllDay
02-23-2013, 10:55 AM
The Eagles should keep Nnamdi at all costs. ;)

miked1958
02-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Coughlin pretty much hinted that more cuts were coming.I'm not sure why you mention KP though. He's not under contract.sorry I mean he needs to not be resigned for big money and neither does Bennett

miked1958
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Don't know about that. It's a nice 'tough love' concept that is kind of awesome in a vacuum, but you have to think of how it will affect the rest of the locker room. It's a little different situation for Nnamdi and the guys you've mentioned. You're talking about guys who have only played with the Giants vs a hired gun who has failed to meet expectations. I think the ultimatum works with Nnamdi because the eagles paid for the best CB in the league (tied with Revis at the time of the signing) and he's been far from that.correct. I understand what your saying and there is no comparison as u said to Nnamdi and those 3. However in general there are lots of current Giants that are living on stats and things they did years ago. You can't rest on your laurels and there comes a time in every NFL players career that they are no longer worth what they think they are. The 3 I mentioned as well as Tuck, (Osi contract voiding was smart, he was one of them) and some others need to take less or move on

miked1958
02-23-2013, 11:22 AM
And I'm sure you feel the same way about some current Dallas players. May have been Stars few years back but have not produced in recent years and they are just Big Names now and not much more... Not sure about you but I'd rather go through a few rebuilding years by bringing in younger talent then have to sit through another wasted season with aging vets past their prime