PDA

View Full Version : 2nd in dropped passes.

Itlan
12-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five.

ashleymarie
12-26-2011, 04:58 AM
It will be such a grand feeling if the Giants can hold onto the ball and beat the Cowpies on Sunday. What a Day!

TuckYou
12-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Man, the WRs are slacking... 2nd!!! Come on, we all know they can be 1st in the league in drops! Just like last year! Get it together WRs and start dropping more easy catchable balls!

TroyArcher
12-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Nicks has been doing his best lately to get us to #1

jomo
12-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five.Do they keep stats on drops which turn out to be tips to interceptions? That would be interesting as well.

NYGRealityCheck
12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
As long as the WIN is there at the end of the game, the drops are forgiven and will be overlooked.

M0rbid
12-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Nicks.......

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Nicks and Cruz, for the first time in franchise history I think, both surpassed 1,000 yards this season. Cruz has broken Amani Toomer's single season YPC record, with Nicks not far behind, yet here we are focusing on their drops?

Obviously, we want them to catch them all as unrealistic an expectation as that is.

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five.

Not so fast that 2nd in drops was prior to the Jets game. I believe they now have sole possesion of 1st place in dropped passes.

jax5338
12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
i think the collective hands on the giants have been among the worst in the league for a while now. the receivers do make some nice catches, but it's when they drop the easy ones and the TDs, along with missed opportunities for interceptions by the D that it hurts the worst.

will allen dropped about every pick he had a chance at while with the giants. he's definitely spread his "illness" to others and it has spread thru the organization over the years!

jax5338
12-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five.Do they keep stats on drops which turn out to be tips to interceptions? That would be interesting as well.

im honestly thinking the giants would have to have about twice as many as any other team. okay, maybe not really but it sure feels that way. id say about 70% of eli's picks the past 2 seasons have hit his own receiver before getting picked off.

Itlan
12-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Nicks and Cruz, for the first time in franchise history I think, both surpassed 1,000 yards this season.* Cruz has broken Amani Toomer's single season YPC record, with Nicks not far behind, yet here we are focusing on their drops?

Obviously, we want them to catch them all as unrealistic an expectation as that is. **
I posted the information because it's important. Drew Brees is going to set the single-season passing mark, and both Marques Colston and Jimmy Graham, as well as Darren Sproles, have had amazing seasons. If they can put it together without drops, why can't Cruz and Nicks? Need to expect more imo.

NYfanatic
12-26-2011, 01:36 PM
And people say Colt McCoy is a bad qb because his receivers drop all of his passes.....
Well anyway I think this falls on the Wide Receivers coach. Fire him!

rcrane082985
12-27-2011, 10:57 PM
is there a link for this? im not seeing it

RoanokeFan
12-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Nicks and Cruz, for the first time in franchise history I think, both surpassed 1,000 yards this season. Cruz has broken Amani Toomer's single season YPC record, with Nicks not far behind, yet here we are focusing on their drops?

Obviously, we want them to catch them all as unrealistic an expectation as that is.
I posted the information because it's important. Drew Brees is going to set the single-season passing mark, and both Marques Colston and Jimmy Graham, as well as Darren Sproles, have had amazing seasons. If they can put it together without drops, why can't Cruz and Nicks? Need to expect more imo.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2395286.aspx (/forums/thread/2395286.aspx)

Here's a link that shows the GIANTS at # 10 in dropped passes. I'm not big on stats, but is it possible ESPN got it wrong?

PASSES DROPPED

<table class="shsTable shsGriddedTable" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="shsRow0Row">
<td class="shsNumD">1</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team5sm_trans"></span></span><a>Cleveland Browns</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">40</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow1Row">
<td class="shsNumD">2</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team1sm_trans"></span></span><a>Atlanta Falcons</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">33</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow0Row">
<td class="shsNumD">3</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team8sm_trans"></span></span><a>Detroit Lions</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">32</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow1Row">
<td class="shsNumD">4</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team21sm_trans"></span></span><a>Philadelphia Eagles</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">31</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow0Row">
<td class="shsNumD">5</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team25sm_trans"></span></span><a>San
Francisco 49ers</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">30</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow1Row">
<td class="shsNumD">6</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team33sm_trans"></span></span><a>Baltimore
Ravens</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">30</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow0Row">
<td class="shsNumD">7</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team9sm_trans"></span></span><a>Green Bay Packers</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">29</td></tr>
<tr class="shsRow1Row">
<td class="shsNumD">8</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team12sm_trans"></span></span><a>Kansas
City Chiefs</a></td>
<tr class="shsRow0Row">
<td class="shsNumD">9</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team14sm_trans"></span></span><a>St. Louis
Rams</a></td>
<tr class="shsRow1Row">
<td class="shsNumD">10</td>
<td class="shsNamD"><span class="shsLogo"><span class="team19sm_trans"></span></span><a>New York
Giants</a></td>
<td class="shsNumD">29</td></tr></tbody></table>

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Who cares anyway, looks like the Packers are below us but they're winning games and doing it well.

It's all about the quality of balls dropped (don't laugh you children) that counts, which I think we must be the worst. We drop balls in vital situations

T-Murda84
12-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Who cares anyway, looks like the Packers are below us but they're winning games and doing it well.

It's all about the quality of balls dropped (don't laugh you children) that counts, which I think we must be the worst. We drop balls in vital situations

When seeing this stat, it amazes me that people think Gilbride is the main culprit lol. This offense struggles because the line cant block in the running game or passing game and when they actually do block, our receivers cannot handle the rock.