PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin must win Cowboy game or he is gone!

Hooligans
12-26-2011, 06:30 AM
If the Giants do not defeat the injury-ridden Cowboys next weeks, Coughlin will be fired, and perhaps Reese with him. In fact, even if they win, but get slaughtered in the first week of playoffs, Coughlin and Reese may still get axed. Both have had a good run but there annual late season collapse can no longer be tolerated. Regardless what happens, that moron Fewell, is history while the Giants will have to figure out what to do with the totally worthless Prince Amukamura.

stormblue
12-26-2011, 06:38 AM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 07:25 AM

That makes a lot of sense . . . . .

fletch842
12-26-2011, 07:44 AM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. That makes a lot of sense . . . . .</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>We should also cut that imgrate Eli Manning while we're at it !!</FONT></P>

Kendo15
12-26-2011, 08:06 AM
............ and we should bulldoze the new stadium as well.

GameTime
12-26-2011, 08:09 AM
If the Giants do not defeat the injury-ridden Cowboys next weeks, Coughlin will be fired, and perhaps Reese with him. In fact, even if they win, but get slaughtered in the first week of playoffs, Coughlin and Reese may still get axed. Both have had a good run but there annual late season collapse can no longer be tolerated. Regardless what happens, that moron Fewell, is history while the Giants will have to figure out what to do with the totally worthless Prince Amukamura.</P>

there are way better reasons the Giants need to win that game. </P>

Prince is worhtless....hmm. You cant even know that at this point. I would say you're wrong with that assumption...</P>

</P>

Firenugget
12-26-2011, 08:10 AM
If the Giants do not defeat the injury-ridden Cowboys next weeks, <u>Coughlin will be fired, and perhaps Reese with him. </u> In fact, even if they win, but get slaughtered in the first week of playoffs, Coughlin and Reese may still get axed. Both have had a good run but there annual late season collapse can no longer be tolerated. Regardless what happens, that moron Fewell, is history while the Giants will have to figure out what to do with the totally worthless Prince Amukamura.

<font color="#FF0000">Mr Mara? Is that you?</font> [:^)]

NYGFansincebirth2
12-26-2011, 08:11 AM
he isnt going ANYWHERE until his contract is done. win or lose the Dallas game.

NWKEffectElement
12-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Reese isn't going anywhere. He was hired during TC's tenure and will get a chance with a HC of his choice. If you think differently check the Giants' history.

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 08:32 AM
............ and we should bulldoze the new stadium as well.

Now there's a good thought or at least the Jet's half should come down.

Hooligans
12-26-2011, 08:39 AM
NO, it is clear that Prince is worthless just like it was clear that Sinorice Moss and Ron Dayne were worthless after their rookie seasons.

stormblue
12-26-2011, 08:44 AM
nice sarcastic retorts gentlemen......
doesn't change my opinion though.

never wanted him to start with , and have endured 8 years of him. i have suffered enough. AMF. end of story.

i don't care what you TC lovers think.
go give him a great big hug and satisfy all
your pent up closet man-crush feelings.

this is a "we want TC gone" hater thread.....

so go start another TC lover thread where
you can blow him kisses and be all warm and huggy with him.

let the inner, more "sensitive you" come out.

Captain Chaos
12-26-2011, 08:53 AM

never wanted him to start with , and have endured 8 years of him. i have suffered enough. AMF. end of story.

Maybe best if we win the SB and he just quietly retires....

stormblue
12-26-2011, 09:06 AM

Maybe best if we win the SB and he just quietly retires....

good idea , cuz the front office and their good 'ol boy attitude will never pull the trigger.

SweetZombieJesus
12-26-2011, 09:19 AM

That makes a lot of sense . . . . .

Even IF we were to win another SB with Coughlin, it would still be in spite of the annual collapses and inability to address them.

Really, we were very lucky and fortunate in 2007 to get on such a hot streak (I'll remind you in 2007 the team went 4-4 down the stretch).

As much as I want the team to go on another such impossible run, the reality is they are highly unlikely, improbable, and the chances of another 2007-like run are close to nil. Playing bad football in the 2nd half of the season usually spells doom in the NFL.

7 out of 8 years. We've tasted that late season doom after 5-2 starts how many times? Missed the playoffs 3 times and first-round exits 3 times with this year still in the balance. No home playoff wins.

BParcells777
12-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Mara was actually asked this question after the Giants /Jets victory and he deffered to answer

Coughlin is deep in the hot seat

I think hes gone unless he wins two playoff games

FBomb
12-26-2011, 09:37 AM
If the Giants do not defeat the and Tc is is gone.</P>

injury-ridden Cowboys next weeks, Coughlin will be fired, and perhaps Reese with him. In fact, even if they win, but get slaughtered in the first week of playoffs, Coughlin and Reese may still get axed. Both have had a good run but there annual late season collapse can no longer be tolerated. Regardless what happens, that moron Fewell, is history while the Giants will have to figure out what to do with the totally worthless Prince Amukamura.</P>

The title of this thread is absolutely correct. We lose to the Cowboys and miss the playoffs again, all that good will the Jets game brought will be forgotten. I aslo believe we must win at least one playoff game as well.....but Reese isn't going anywhere no matter what happens.</P>

</P>

jomo
12-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Nah.

TroyArcher
12-26-2011, 09:47 AM

I hope you are in no position to make any decisions on anything after a statement like that.

GameTime
12-26-2011, 09:49 AM
NO, it is clear that Prince is worthless just like it was clear that Sinorice Moss and Ron Dayne were worthless after their rookie seasons.</P>

the kid has played in like 4 games...</P>

you're wrong till proven right.....deal with it....</P>

FBomb
12-26-2011, 09:50 AM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. I hope you are in no position to make any decisions on anything after a statement like that.</P>

lol...agreed. Even I would have to give the old guy a pass!!!</P>

jomo
12-26-2011, 10:05 AM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. I hope you are in no position to make any decisions on anything after a statement like that.</P>

lol...agreed. Even I would have to give the old guy a pass!!!</P>.........lol, grudgingly!

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 10:28 AM

Brilliant. You may want to start reading the news thread. It's starting to become clear Mara is not going to fire Coughlin.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 10:29 AM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. I hope you are in no position to make any decisions on anything after a statement like that.</p>

lol...agreed. Even I would have to give the old guy a pass!!!</p>

Which is why you are one of my favorite posters, open minded, even when provoked.

Mod_C
12-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Mara was actually asked this question after the Giants /Jets victory and he deffered to answer

Coughlin is deep in the hot seat

I think hes gone unless he wins two playoff games

Jack,

We've got you to stop mis-quoting so now we can work on mis-representing. Here's what John Mara actually said:

“He’s never going to give up, and he seems to be at this best when everybody
puts his back against the wall,’’ Mara said of Coughlin. “I was proud of the way
our players kept their emotions under control. I know they wanted this game.
They were jacked up all week. You could tell by the way they practiced.’’

Just how hot is that seat?

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 10:38 AM
If the Giants do not defeat the injury-ridden Cowboys next weeks, Coughlin will be fired, and perhaps Reese with him. In fact, even if they win, but get slaughtered in the first week of playoffs, Coughlin and Reese may still get axed. Both have had a good run but there annual late season collapse can no longer be tolerated. Regardless what happens, that moron Fewell, is history while the Giants will have to figure out what to do with the totally worthless Prince Amukamura.

Do you think we should wait for the last game to be played? Not that it has any significance.....

a50yrfan
12-26-2011, 10:40 AM

There will be no changes in the coaching staff. Outside chance they bring back Spagnola as Assistant Head Coach while keeping Fewell as DC. As for Prince give the guy a break. He had not preseason. He is learning and did a decent job against the Jets. I think he will be OK.Reese did not do a good job in the of season but do we really miss Stve Smith? Had we signed him we would have never found out about Victor Cruz who now looks as good as any first round choice and remember he was not drafted. Go Giants and beat them Cowboys.

YATittle1962
12-26-2011, 10:40 AM
ownership loves Coughlin

you can pray for his firing all you want ....hes not going anywhere

a50yrfan
12-26-2011, 10:41 AM

There will be no changes in the coaching staff. Outside chance they bring back Spagnola as Assistant Head Coach while keeping Fewell as DC. As for Prince give the guy a break. He had not preseason. He is learning and did a decent job against the Jets. I think he will be OK.Reese did not do a good job in the of season but do we really miss Stve Smith? Had we signed him we would have never found out about Victor Cruz who now looks as good as any first round choice and remember he was not drafted. Go Giants and beat them Cowboys.

bigblue58
12-26-2011, 11:13 AM

Nah...I totally disagree! The Giants ownership respects Coughlin too much to fire him. They will say that he actually did better than could have been expected to get the Giants into the playoff picture, despite the injury bug blowing up the roster!
He'll be back whether they make the playoffs or not.
As for Prince...I stick by what I said before he ever played a down of NFL football. He's going to be lossed until he catches up to the speed of the NFL game.
You don't give up on a kid with that much talent that soon man...thats just foolish talk!

Sintim97
12-26-2011, 11:17 AM
he isnt going ANYWHERE until his contract is done. win or lose the Dallas game.

he SUCKS and our owners are idiots if they keep him

Sintim97
12-26-2011, 11:18 AM
NO, it is clear that Prince is worthless just like it was clear that Sinorice Moss and Ron Dayne were worthless after their rookie seasons.

braindead idiotic comparison. amukamara was a first round pick who had no offseason and was thrown into action halfway into the season after nursing a broken foot

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 12:37 PM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. That makes a lot of sense . . . . .

Even IF we were to win another SB with Coughlin, it would still be in spite of the annual collapses and inability to address them.

Really, we were very lucky and fortunate in 2007 to get on such a hot streak (I'll remind you in 2007 the team went 4-4 down the stretch).

As much as I want the team to go on another such impossible run, the reality is they are highly unlikely, improbable, and the chances of another 2007-like run are close to nil. Playing bad football in the 2nd half of the season usually spells doom in the NFL.

7 out of 8 years. We've tasted that late season doom after 5-2 starts how many times? Missed the playoffs 3 times and first-round exits 3 times with this year still in the balance. No home playoff wins.
</P>

Everyone knows these stats. An at the end of the season, these stats, coupled with the season's ultimate outcome may warrant letting TC go.</P>

But to suggest that he should be fired even if he wins another SB this year, just makes you appear unobjective . . . . </P>

FBomb
12-26-2011, 12:40 PM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. That makes a lot of sense . . . . .

</P>

Everyone knows these stats. An at the end of the season, these stats, coupled with the season's ultimate outcome may warrant letting TC go.</P>

But to suggest that he should be fired even if he wins another SB this year, just makes you appear unobjective . . . . </P>

</P>

Even I agree with that and I can't stand this coaching staff.</P>

stormblue
12-26-2011, 02:19 PM

I hope you are in no position to make any decisions on anything after a statement like that.

LOL... if i were in a position to make any decisions he would already be gone.

along with hiring a shrink to assist all you TC lovers with your tears of withdrawal.

NYGFaninILL
12-26-2011, 02:34 PM
The "injury-ridden Cowboys"?!?!?!?

You meant to say, if the "injury laden Giants beat the cowboys."

stormblue
12-26-2011, 02:52 PM

Brilliant.* You may want to start reading the news thread.* It's starting to become clear Mara is not going to fire Coughlin.

you people just don't get it.
i know he will probably be back here win lose or draw.
my point is that i didn't want him eight years ago...and still don't want him now.

i have been a hater since day 1 and will remain a hater until he's gone.
his record @ Jax was 68 and 60 with a 4 and 4 post season record. BFD.
he is not a good game planner offensively
or defensively because his NFL coaching career was wide receiver coach.
he was never an OC or DC at the pro level.
he is just a game manager , he relies totally on his OC and DC. if they suck we are stuck 'cuz TC is not an expert in either category.

all he can do is make that ridiculous face he makes and those arm gestures when something goes wrong ..... he is not a teacher or x's and o's guy. he is a manager / motivator.

most of your good head coaches are excelent OC's or DC's.
and don't give me his boston college days cuz i'll answer back with "steve spurrier"

you people can start naming head coaches to yourself that you think are pretty good or even great and you will start to realize they were all real good OC's or DC's.

TC is neither.
he is only as good as his coordinators.
which (in my opinion) are nothing special.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 03:06 PM
we could win the superbowl and i would still want him gone. I hope you are in no position to make any decisions on anything after a statement like that. LOL... if i were in a position to make any decisions he would already be gone. along with hiring a shrink to assist all you TC lovers with your tears of withdrawal.</P>

So not wanting to fire TC if he wins a SB this year makes one a TC lover?</P>

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-26-2011, 03:53 PM

Wow, if you think this next game is going to be a cake walk you are delusional. Dallas is going to come prepared for a fight and since they are also facing elimination w/a loss, we will most likely get their best effort.

To set the record Straight, Coughlin is an excellent FB couch, he prepares well and he believes in his players. I can't tell you how many times over the years I was screaming at the TV for Coughlin to sit Manning, but he never did and Manning got the learning curve he needed to be elite. Coughlin has been a big supporter of Cruz, spoke highly of him before we all knew his name.

His players love him, Strahan, Tyree and Toomer all love the guy as well as current Giants, Bradshaw could have gone anywhere, but decided to return as a Giant, that says a lot!!

As for Reese, his recent draft selections are doing pretty well if you haven't noticed....JPP, Terrel Thomas, Jonathan Goff, Clint Sintim, even Will Beatty was showing some flashes before injury. You post seems to indicate the contrary of reality.....you act like we have Matt Millen as GM???

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 04:08 PM

Wow, if you think this next game is going to be a cake walk you are delusional. Dallas is going to come prepared for a fight and since they are also facing elimination w/a loss, we will most likely get their best effort.

To set the record Straight, Coughlin is an excellent FB couch, he prepares well and he believes in his players. I can't tell you how many times over the years I was screaming at the TV for Coughlin to sit Manning, but he never did and Manning got the learning curve he needed to be elite. Coughlin has been a big supporter of Cruz, spoke highly of him before we all knew his name.

His players love him, Strahan, Tyree and Toomer all love the guy as well as current Giants, Bradshaw could have gone anywhere, but decided to return as a Giant, that says a lot!!

As for Reese, his recent draft selections are doing pretty well if you haven't noticed....JPP, Terrel Thomas, Jonathan Goff, Clint Sintim, even Will Beatty was showing some flashes before injury. You post seems to indicate the contrary of reality.....you act like we have Matt Millen as GM???

Sintim has shown nothing at all . . . .

simms56
12-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Wow, the dichotomy disparity between opinions is insane. On one hand we have fire Coughlin even with a SB (delusional), on the other we have Clint Sintim has done well and the players love TC (delusional).

I have thought it was a time for a change since the SB win. I stand by that. The team shows up at times, but at other times is hideously unprepared. Which team will show up this week? I have no idea....but I expect them to win and then get blown out at home in the 1st round, with Coughlin and Co somehow retaining their jobs. That is the most likely scenario.

Lastly, get off Prince's jock. Do I expect him to be good? No...I think he will be a bust, but to say that is "fact" at this point is stupid. If he is still playing poorly at the end of next year, then the OP will have a valid point.

stormblue
12-26-2011, 04:32 PM
So not wanting to fire TC if he wins a SB this year makes one a TC lover?

@ Troy

not really, but to have fun and banter on these forums sometimes requires an extremist attitude. so for this thread i'm goin' on the theory that your either a TC hater or a TC lover. most people are prolly somewhere in the middle......but that's no fun now is it.

but truthfully ; i'm looking for a change of philosophy and direction ; whether or not we luck our way through to another trophy is immaterial to me.
look at what's goin' on in SF with Harbaugh,
i want some young fresh thinking in here not this old guy with general Patton motivational speeches.
in this case , i would definitely throw out the baby and keep the bathwater.