PDA

View Full Version : Eli's future replacement

Cloud57
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
We should draft this kid, he even looks like Eli :D

http://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com/asset/colleges/ncsu/2011/08/13/9995985/196883-MikeGlennon-640x480.jpg

Rudyy
02-25-2013, 12:45 PM
He looks nothing like him.

Cloud57
02-25-2013, 01:06 PM
He looks nothing like him.my point is that he looks like a dork, he's also the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft.

BigBlueOnes
02-25-2013, 01:07 PM
You want us to draft Opy from Andy Griffith?? WhoTF is that???

StrahanSoup92
02-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Its not time to get a replacement for Eli. Besides the Giants have way too many needs to take a QB this year. This kid looked good at combine, but hes way too scronny, he needs to bulk up bigtime.

Rudyy
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
my point is that he looks like a dork, he's also the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft.So because he looks like a dork we should draft him? Lol, what the hell is his name anyway? Is he even good?

Carter.525
02-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I'd rather get Shane Falco..

Broadway Blue
02-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Mike Glennon is his name

Cloud57
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
So because he looks like a dork we should draft him? Lol, what the hell is his name anyway? Is he even good?nope I was just joking around lol

miked1958
02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
LOL i was saying the same thing to my son. that he looked dorky like Eli. However he throws a nice ball and i think he is like 6'6 or 6'7 and around 234. He actually did very well yesterday. very acurate and confident in his release. Has great touch. I saw him play in the Senior Ball. didnt play jump off the map good but i think with some work he will be an okay pro in the long run. Is he an instant winner like the guys from last year.. NO. but could be a project.

miked1958
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
however i have heard the kid is projected for late first round or second round. we are not drafting a qb this year period. and if we were it would be within first two rounds.

Drez
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
He looks nothing like him.Not at all, lol.

Drez
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
my point is that he looks like a dork, he's also the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft.So, we should draft the second or third best QB in the draft (which probably means using our first on him), at a position that we do not need, so he can sit behind Eli for the next 4+ years. I think we can find a better use of our resources than that.

ashleymarie
02-25-2013, 03:59 PM
A blond dork with freckles? hahaha The one and only New York Giants dork is Eli. And we love him.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
02-25-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm on my third season of Madden 13 and I still don't feel the need to look for a replacement of Eli's. But when I do, it'lll be a scrambler.

It's going to be hard to fill Manning's shoes as he's more than likely going to be one of the best (if not the best) QB the Giants have ever seen. I fear that when he's gone, we're going to revert back to the Dave Brown era and I hope I'm wrong on this. I just feel that we're going to be so used to Eli Manning, that when someone decent comes in, we'll trash him like he's Sanchez.

People who take him for granted and bash on him on these forums, will be in for a rude awakening when they realize he was indeed a great QB who did make mistakes, but was clutch when needed.

Roosevelt
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm on my third season of Madden 13 and I still don't feel the need to look for a replacement of Eli's. But when I do, it'lll be a scrambler.

It's going to be hard to fill Manning's shoes as he's more than likely going to be one of the best (if not the best) QB the Giants have ever seen. I fear that when he's gone, we're going to revert back to the Dave Brown era and I hope I'm wrong on this. I just feel that we're going to be so used to Eli Manning, that when someone decent comes in, we'll trash him like he's Sanchez.

People who take him for granted and bash on him on these forums, will be in for a rude awakening when they realize he was indeed a great QB who did make mistakes, but was clutch when needed.

Eli has a tough enough time filling his own shoes as he simply cannot pull all these games out in the end.

But that's what makes him a special player. He's one of the best with the game on the line.

giantscolombia
02-25-2013, 05:25 PM

hahhahaha nice

giantscolombia
02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
in all honesty and realism, when do you guys expect we look for a replacement?

5-6 years??

maybe 3 to groom him?

Drez
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
in all honesty and realism, when do you guys expect we look for a replacement?

5-6 years??

maybe 3 to groom him?It really depends on how Eli holds up. Not for another 3 years at least.

blueribbon
02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm suddenly hungry for Aunt Bee's apple pie.

Roosevelt
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
It really depends on how Eli holds up. Not for another 3 years at least.

That will be an interesting negotiation.

BlessedinBlue22
02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
The only QB i like in the second or third, would be EJ Manuel or Matt Barkley..doubt they fall to us..Manuel had a nice senior bowl, and is under rated running the football, think he could be a good overall starter in the NFL.

kNicksGiants
02-25-2013, 06:41 PM
eli will be our qb for many more years... its way too early to be thinking about his replacement.

GiantsSB23
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Nobody will be replacing him soon but we still need a reliable back up cause he could get hurt *knocking on wood* and right now I would panic if David Carr had 2 play the rest of the year because Eli got hurt....the season would end right there...

Rush4Blitz2
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Hopefully Eli's replacement is an athletic QB with good read-vision who can throw the ball accurately down field.

Drez
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Nobody will be replacing him soon but we still need a reliable back up cause he could get hurt *knocking on wood* and right now I would panic if David Carr had 2 play the rest of the year because Eli got hurt....the season would end right there...Almost no teams have a reliable back-up QB.

danme
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
It is WAY to early to Draft a supposed replacement/franchise QB. Besides that we have too many holes to fill this year to even be a playoff caliber team. MLB O-Line and RUnning Back are MUSTS this offseason. Thats not even addressing the CB position. Yae we have some young CB's but IMOVHO they 1 either aren't ready or 2 aren't good enough to play the whole game. Im hoping that Webster restructures his contract because after him there isn't really anyone on this team that is good enough in their development to take over

Peace
Dan

miked1958
02-26-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd say in the later rounds if the opportunity presented itself then take one of them. Otherwise wait around and trade up for Johnny Football. Have to throw the house at the team in line to draft him. Or do a trade like we did with SD and give up as much or more then we did for Eli to get Johnny M

22for25
02-27-2013, 04:24 AM
Look for Shawn Mannion out of OSU in a few years. He is already a top QB in the PAC-12 but a knee issue be it a small one tripped him up this year.

Giants5699
02-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Eli has at least 8 years left in him