PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's Post Combine Mock

Kruunch
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
1) Sheldon Richardson (DT) - Sheldon Richardson has slipped slightly due to Star Lotulelei slipping and might be in our reach in the first. If so I think he represents what the Giants need to bolster a flagging defensive line.

2) Arthur Brown (LB) - His downside is that he's not flashy. His upside is that he doesn't need to be.

3) Justin Pugh (OG) - We have 3 OT prospects and most likely will keep Beatty. We need OG depth badly and a possible replacement for Snee in the next year or two.

4) Blidi Wreh Wilson (CB) - Not polished but ran a 4.44 40 and is 6'1. If he's here in the fourth, yoink!

5) Nick Kasa (TE) - Let's face it, if Robinson was truly the JPP of TEs, he'd have been drafted higher and would have seen the field last year. We find depth and value with this pick.

6) Cornelius Washington (DE) - While I believe we have our starting DE's in place, and our rotation AND our depth, we go here for even more depth and with the idea that this will be Tuck's last year.

7) Denard Robinson (WR) - Ran a 4.43, can catch and we finally have a GM that likes WRs in the draft.

Carter.525
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
sign me up for this master piece..

BlueSabbath
02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
I like this mock. I'm interested to see where Washington is projected to go now after that combine. I think he may have performed too well to get in the 6th, but I'd love it if we did!

TCHOF
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Like the mock, but think that we need an edge pass rusher. But I know that we have many needs and only 7 (didn't we give up our 5th for Rivers??) picks . . . .

Carter.525
02-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Like the mock, but think that we need an edge pass rusher. But I know that we have many needs and only 7 (didn't we give up our 5th for Rivers??) picks . . . .

last years 5th..

TCHOF
02-26-2013, 12:25 PM
last years 5th..

Ah, ok.

Will we also get a compensatory for Ross?

tonyt830
02-26-2013, 12:40 PM
1) Sheldon Richardson (DT) - Sheldon Richardson has slipped slightly due to Star Lotulelei slipping and might be in our reach in the first. If so I think he represents what the Giants need to bolster a flagging defensive line.

2) Arthur Brown (LB) - His downside is that he's not flashy. His upside is that he doesn't need to be.

3) Justin Pugh (OG) - We have 3 OT prospects and most likely will keep Beatty. We need OG depth badly and a possible replacement for Snee in the next year or two.

4) Blidi Wreh Wilson (CB) - Not polished but ran a 4.44 40 and is 6'1. If he's here in the fourth, yoink!

5) Nick Kasa (TE) - Let's face it, if Robinson was truly the JPP of TEs, he'd have been drafted higher and would have seen the field last year. We find depth and value with this pick.

6) Cornelius Washington (DE) - While I believe we have our starting DE's in place, and our rotation AND our depth, we go here for even more depth and with the idea that this will be Tuck's last year.

7) Denard Robinson (WR) - Ran a 4.43, can catch and we finally have a GM that likes WRs in the draft.Like your mock Krunch. I like your 2nd, 5th and 6th especially. I had Kasa in my initial mock in the 5th as well.

Kruunch
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Ah, ok.

Will we also get a compensatory for Ross?

A 5th I believe?

Kruunch
02-26-2013, 12:54 PM

The list of DEs I have currently is:

JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Ojomo, Tracy.

Cornelius Washington is an edge rusher which is what I like about him as I think he'd compliment our current corps well.

Kruunch
02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I like this mock. I'm interested to see where Washington is projected to go now after that combine. I think he may have performed too well to get in the 6th, but I'd love it if we did!

Yeah he did really well ... that far into the draft it's really hard to project where teams will start taking their grabs ... one can hope though.

tonyt830
02-26-2013, 01:02 PM
A 5th I believe?They should be releasing the list of comp picks pretty soon---maybe after free agency starts March 12th?

NYGfanSTRICK
02-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Would love this mock! Wreh-Wilson is the 4th I would lose it haha! I would be bowing down to Reese lol.

Kruunch
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Would love this mock! Wreh-Wilson is the 4th I would lose it haha! I would be bowing down to Reese lol.

Because of his 40 time and position, I'd expect Wreh-Wilson to go in the 3rd round (and possibly sooner if teams reach). The upside (for this mock) is that there were a ton of sub 4.5 guys.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah that would be crazy if he fell that far. All around though nice mock.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-26-2013, 04:43 PM
nice draft.

Kruunch
02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
With the Beatty re-signing this mock is making me feel even better now :D