PDA

View Full Version : The "Bust" Prince Amukamar***

NYGFaninILL
12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
How some of you still think he's a bust is beyond me.

This man has had:

No typical rookie offseason
Gets hurt his first practice
Misses the first 11 games of the season
Has had no time to train for the NFL

You're basing your predictions Off 6 games.

Maybe he is a bust, it is way too early to tell, let him have a ****ing offseason

Vtgmenfan89
12-26-2011, 04:06 PM
+2 man. People on these boards blow me away sometimes. I think he is improving, didn't see/ hear much of him in the Jets game which is usually a good thing for a corner. I do think he had less snaps, but nonetheless wasn't getting picked on. I do really look forward to seeing him after a full offseason with these guys so they can really gel and actually execute some zone schemes together. I'm a much bigger fan of press man and think it fits our personnel 100 times better, but it is good to mix it up from time to time.

M0rbid
12-26-2011, 04:13 PM
LOL I'm guessing those are the same fans who called JPP a bust last year.

jjj45
12-26-2011, 04:18 PM

This man has had:

Has had no time to train for the NFL I believe this has already been established. At least by the levelheaded members of the GMB.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Luckily Plax pushed off or else this bust talk would have intensified.

titwio
12-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Prince did have pretty good position and his head was turned to make a play on the ball had Plax not pushed.

I do want to see him play more physical though which is what he was known to be more of in college.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Many fans think it's sprint instead of a marathon

NYG 5
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
People forget how long it took Webster to be a good cover corner. About two and a half years.

The Wills too. They could catch, but blew a ton of coverage in 2001, and didn't take over starting until midway through 2002.

Cornerback is one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL.

Pakman
12-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know how many snaps Prince had on Sat?

Eli TO Shockey
12-26-2011, 04:45 PM
agreed. give this man a full, healthy offseason before you call him a bust. sheesh!

Vtgmenfan89
12-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Prince did have pretty good position and his head was turned to make a play on the ball had Plax not pushed.

I do want to see him play more physical though which is what he was known to be more of in college.

I agree with your last statement, but I think that is more Fewell having them play either zone or soft man coverage (not pressing) rather than him. I really liked our defensive gameplan on Saturday, if we can play in similar fashion from here on out and the offense can get going faster than a goddamn snails pace, we could do some postseason damage. Seeing as how we did give the Packers and Niners both runs for their money, the latter we truly should have beaten. Probably would have if not for key mistakes by young Lb's

TuckYou
12-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Luckily Plax pushed off or else this bust talk would have intensified.</P>

Plax always pushes off, even when he was with us. </P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
I just loaded the milk in my shopping cart and it's already spoiled.

Settle down people. Especially in a season where the entire secondary has been a bum camp at most times.

GameTime
12-26-2011, 09:11 PM

Lucky for the Jets....maybe a pick if he plays on the ball...</P>

just sayin....</P>

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 09:18 PM

Lucky for the Jets....maybe a pick if he plays on the ball...</P>

just sayin....</P>I have to see it again.

Out of Exile
12-26-2011, 10:16 PM
If fans ran the team, hired the coaches, and were in charge of FA and drafting, we'd be 0-16 every year.

Joe Morrison
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
This is one of the stupidist threads yet, the guy breaks his foot, misses half the season, and you already label him as a bust when you can see that the raw talent he has is going to make him a starter next year when he's 100% and has an entire offseason to prepare. Go back to wherever you came from, you will be eating major crow next year when the Prince is a starter every week.

BeatYale
12-26-2011, 10:26 PM
It's business as usual around here when you consider 90% of the forum members are ******s.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 10:28 PM
If fans ran the team, hired the coaches, and were in charge of FA and drafting, we'd be 0-16 every year.I'd say 7-9, 8-8.

I mean that has been the result of the 2011 Eagles.

gmen46
12-26-2011, 10:39 PM
If fans ran the team, hired the coaches, and were in charge of FA and drafting, we'd be 0-16 every year.

Or we'd be the Redskins.

Snyder does kind of run his team as it he were just a fan (with too much money at his disposal), snatching up the shiniest penny that's right in front of him, then throwing it away when he learns it isn't worth more than, well, one cent.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know how many snaps Prince had on Sat? Three, just three friggen snaps!

GreenZone
12-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I just loaded the milk in my shopping cart and it's already spoiled.

The solution is that you need to bring some of the board "fans" with you shopping. They can make a trade with someone who has already purchased milk and loading the bags in the car.

These amazing and most expert people could offer your milk, some asparagus, a box of Captain Crunch, and the three bottles of PowerAde from one of your bags, along with the battery out of your car in return for their fresh milk.

You might not get home before the new milk spoils, but at least your friends will have had proven their prowess to get you fresh milk. They'll even proclaim so to anyone who will listen, perhaps even on these very boards if they are so kind as to grace us with their amazing knowledge. [;)]

Like the Giants management, if you'd only listen, Zombie...

MikeSherrard
12-26-2011, 10:50 PM
How long did it take Amani Toomer to develop into a star?

Defcon4
12-26-2011, 11:34 PM
People forget how long it took Webster to be a good cover corner. About two and a half years.

The Wills too. They could catch, but blew a ton of coverage in 2001, and didn't take over starting until midway through 2002.

Cornerback is one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL.

+1

NYfanatic
12-26-2011, 11:38 PM
He is not a bust off of a couple of games.
Wait 3 years and say if he still is or not.

miked1958
12-26-2011, 11:45 PM

I think he is playing to NOT make a mistake which is making him tentative rather then playing aggressive. It's all due to the injury and all the reasons listed in this thread. Give him a full off season and a full year next season barring injury and I think alot of people will have a different opinion on him

NYGFaninILL
12-27-2011, 12:13 AM
This is one of the stupidist threads yet, the guy breaks his foot, misses half the season, and you already label him as a bust when you can see that the raw talent he has is going to make him a starter next year when he's 100% and has an entire offseason to prepare.* Go back to wherever you came from, you will be eating major crow next year when the Prince is a starter every week.

Did you read the ****ing thread, or just the title, I'm saying he's not a bust.

VBGiantsFan
12-27-2011, 12:24 AM
I really hope it's the broken foot, the missed training camp, the scheme, etc, because his play has BUST written all over it.

He is not physically gifted with stubby arms, and he seems very short, especially against WRs.

Maybe he is fast, but he certainly plays very slow. He seems to be burned on a lot of plays.

Even the push off by Plax, that was more Plax being Plax than it was Prince, considering the throw was to the back of the endzone up high and Plax has every possible physical advantage and 2 steps.

For those of you who hate Ross, imagine if he were gone and Prince were our number 2. Corey Webster would look like Revis because no team would have to throw at him with Prince to abuse on every play.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 11:14 AM
No way... No off season broke foot and a totally depleated D with an OC who cant keep the D off the feild...

Im suprised the kid isnt doing worse... I think he will be just fine...

Think of how bad we bashed Webbie and now look... One of the best in the league... Give the kid a break...

He will be one of our best....

Ruttiger711
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
No way... No off season broke foot and a totally depleated D with an OC who cant keep the D off the feild...

Im suprised the kid isnt doing worse... I think he will be just fine...

Think of how bad we bashed Webbie and now look... One of the best in the league... Give the kid a break...

<font color="#0000FF" size="5">He will be one of our best</font>....

In the same way he doesn't deserve being called a bust... there is NOTHING he has done to think this.

G-Man67
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
honestly he has had an extremely typical rookie season

just look at Bradshaw and Steve Smith in their rookie year

what would be great though is both Bradshaw and Smith ended up making several huge plays before the season ended, so maybe Prince has one or two up his sleeve

TroyArcher
12-27-2011, 01:04 PM
How would you rate his play to date, taking into account he was a 1st round pick? I would rate a D- which I would consider a bust (to date). No saying he can't progress and be a very good player but has shown nothing that I have seen to indicate that.

Ralph Brown
12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
People forget how long it took Webster to be a good cover corner. About two and a half years. The Wills too. They could catch, but blew a ton of coverage in 2001, and didn't take over starting until midway through 2002. Cornerback is one of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL.</P>

Agree with the point about Webster.</P>

Could NOT disagree more though about saying the Wills could catch. Those two had hands of stone.</P>

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 01:23 PM
On draft day I remember someone posted a Prince "highlights" video and I was actually scared because he was getting toasted in every clip. </P>

That being said, the guy had an unusual start to his rookie year and there is no way I'm dumping on him. He was very highly touted and experts were shocked when he dropped to us. I'm very happy that we have him and I'm very eager to see how he does next year.</P>

gmen46
12-27-2011, 07:02 PM
How would you rate his play to date, taking into account he was a 1st round pick?* I would rate a D- which I would consider a bust (to date).* No saying he can't progress and be a very good player but has shown nothing that I have seen to indicate that.*

But the point everyone is making against the "bust" label is that he missed the first 9 games of the season, had NO pre season at all, and is recovering from a broken foot.

Just as you say he has shown you nothing to indicate he will be a very good player--fair enough--you can't then say he has shown you he is a poor player and therefore a "bust" as a 1st round pick.

You can't have it both ways.

At the very least you need to see him for a full season--to see if he can stay healthy for most or all of a full season, to see how he can play full tilt boogie--in order to make any fair assessment.

harrycarson
12-27-2011, 07:09 PM

This man has had:

Has had no time to train for the NFL

You're basing your predictions Off 6 games.

Maybe he is a bust, it is way too early to tell, let him have a ****ing offseason

Yes he did miss his first 11 games in his 1st season, trust me that factors in as GMEN COMP without having any return up to that point...Also IMO, he looks a bit slower that other CBs..When he gets burnt up to this point he is barely in the TV screen, hopefully he gets better as I am sure he will but hey, he got paid a very nice rookie paycheck, would have been nice to see his stats at least in the ball park as far as return on investment such as Patrick Peterson did for the Cards.