PDA

View Full Version : NY YANKEES 2013 Season

Redeyejedi
02-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Can someone explain to me why the Yankees have decided to put crap on the field this season. For the 1st time in 20 years we go into a Season with no shot at winning a World Series. I didn't renew my ticket package this season. If Hal isnt going to put the best team on the field then im not paying that price for tickets. This team gets older and older with no injection of young talent. I get they want to reduce payroll but what happens when they do. Are they just going to go with a bare bones roster and sign every FA in 1 offseason U cant build a team like that.
I dont understand why Yankee fans are punished because Hal gave Arod a stupid contract that no 1 would of gave him. The majority of Yankee fans wanted him gone when he opted out. WTH are they doing at catcher are catchers are the worst in baseball. How are the Yanks scoring runs this season? They may be buried in May with Granderson out. I think this team could finish in last place in the AL East. Please someone tell me why this team will be better next year either as well. They dont want to spend money anymore . I wonder how Jeter and MO feel about their last seasons spent on a team that cant win for the 1st time in his career. Mo will retire they decided to let Soriano go which was fing stupid.

bansaw
02-28-2013, 02:08 PM
http://i.qkme.me/4y0y.jpg

nycsportzfan
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
The only thing i can say is this yr is gonna make us really sit back and realize how lucky we were to have a owner like "the boss" running the show all those yrs.. His kids are punks and don't have nearly the same gusto and exubrence for this team as there pops did..

Toadofsteel
03-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I think Cashman is worried the soft cap that MLB has in place may convert to a hard cap like the NFL has. To be fair, the soft cap is what's killing baseball, but it means the yankees can't afford to overpay people like Arod (ugh)... Oh, and Alex Rodriguez shares initials with another overpaid guy we all know...

Redeyejedi
03-09-2013, 08:21 AM
.500 team this year. If this team isnt signing Granderson they need to trade him for prospects. It scares me this franchise wants to go Minor Leagues with them not producing quality position players. Yankees are in the worst place to be ,Having an old team that cant win. People think im over exaggerating here but the future over the next 3 seasons looks very ,very dark for this franchise.

giantyankee1976
03-09-2013, 11:09 AM
it's overdue:

let the Captain and Mo leave under their terms then push the TNT plunger down.

time to rebuild, period.

dezzzR
03-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Im not jumping the gun yet. I agree that theyre a bunch of old streaky power hitters with one reliable starting pitcher but theyve won the ws this way before.

giantyankee1976
03-09-2013, 12:59 PM
you have my respect man, but this is getting old, pun intended.

looks like Hank wants to run this team in a manner different from his old man (RIP) and I get it, but we have to stay relevant in a AL East that has some uprising threats in Toronto and B-More...I think the Rays are on a slow slide downhill.

We cann probably expect the Jays to come out hot but as usual cool off and fade, but the O's are a very legit threat and who knows what product comes out of Beantown?

Leaving the Yankees as a most likely 2nd place team if not the 1st.

I bet that with Mo leaving, we just might see the Captain do his swan dive too and what better time then to start offloading the bums we acquired, including Girardi (WS27 not overlooked BTW)

Being a non-homer here this is how I see it: 1) O's/ Yanks 2) Yanks/Rays 3) Yanks?/Jays 4) Jays/ Sox 5) Jays/ Sox

bansaw
03-10-2013, 12:21 PM
lol giantyankee

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ghI2knp4txs/Sm9TGGZw0KI/AAAAAAAAHtI/dDe_zE9SfZ0/s400/rose_colored_glasses.jpg

giantyankee1976
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
lol giantyankee

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ghI2knp4txs/Sm9TGGZw0KI/AAAAAAAAHtI/dDe_zE9SfZ0/s400/rose_colored_glasses.jpg

no,no, no I only use those frames for the Knicks and Giants...

dezzzR
03-11-2013, 01:45 PM
And not too tickle Bansaws taint, but the Yanks always struggle against the Jays. Been that way for a few years and with the moves they made this offseason its only going to make things harder. But I think the Yanks can make the playoffs. How deep can they go, who knows....

nycsportzfan
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
.500 team this year. If this team isnt signing Granderson they need to trade him for prospects. It scares me this franchise wants to go Minor Leagues with them not producing quality position players. Yankees are in the worst place to be ,Having an old team that cant win. People think im over exaggerating here but the future over the next 3 seasons looks very ,very dark for this franchise. The only thing we can hope for is for our pitching to carry us, and figure out a way how to grittily get enough runs across to win some close games and try and sneak into postseason and surprise..

I do think we got enough resources to make this next couple yr dark period to not be as bad as the early 1990's.. Maybe we sneak a wildcard and/or stay in playoff races while building up our farm system...

nycsportzfan
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
I like how Hafner looks so far.. He just looks healthy at the plate.. I'm hoping we can get 20plus taters outta him, with a respectable 260plus avg...

nycsportzfan
03-16-2013, 11:35 AM
I like the signing of Brennan Boesch.. Could be one of the steals of the offseason with his pull power and our short porch.. He cant' hit lefties at all, but has could be some solid power off the bench against righties and a solid power hitter to start against starting righties...

giantyankee1976
03-18-2013, 08:34 AM
yet we're still too old and banged up.

Redeyejedi
03-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Yankees will have a huge drop in ticket sales this year. I hope people stay away from the ballpark by the thousands. I refuse to pay absurd ticket prices if they refuse to make this team viable on the field for 2013

giantyankee1976
03-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Yankees will have a huge drop in ticket sales this year. I hope people stay away from the ballpark by the thousands. I refuse to pay absurd ticket prices if they refuse to make this team viable on the field for 2013

money freaking talks, I hope the fans stay away too (and that we see more camera shots of some a-hole texting/tweeting while the game is happening)

nycsportzfan
03-21-2013, 08:37 AM
yet we're still too old and banged up. Our pitching is gonna be freaking awesome though.. Also, i'm glad some guys are gonna get legit shots to put up numbers.. Guys like Gardner, Nunez, Boesch, could all surprise offensively this yr, and Youk looks poised to have a big season, and Ichiro is flat out raking this preseason..

To be honest,i think this is a playoff team, build kinda like the Tampa teams, with pitching heading the way, and just enough offense ..

I'm gonna say right now, yanks win the AL EAST.. Mark it down! CC, Andy, Kuroda, Hughes, Phelps/nova is a insane staff, and Mo, Robertson, Logan, and Joba heading the pen is really good. Vidal Nuno looks like a real deal lefty as well...

nycsportzfan
03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Mark Montgomery is teh real deal! This kid through a breaking pitch that absoulutley exploded down in the zone yesterday that blew my socks off! There is some serious intrigue with some players througout the system right now, with Tyler Austin, Slade Heathcott, Mark Montgomery, Vidal Nuno(older but intriguing noen the less), and Brett Marshall.. I just hope the yanks give some of these guys chances instead of always going with re-treads...

giantyankee1976
03-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Our pitching is gonna be freaking awesome though.. Also, i'm glad some guys are gonna get legit shots to put up numbers.. Guys like Gardner, Nunez, Boesch, could all surprise offensively this yr, and Youk looks poised to have a big season, and Ichiro is flat out raking this preseason..

To be honest,i think this is a playoff team, build kinda like the Tampa teams, with pitching heading the way, and just enough offense ..

I'm gonna say right now, yanks win the AL EAST.. Mark it down! CC, Andy, Kuroda, Hughes, Phelps/nova is a insane staff, and Mo, Robertson, Logan, and Joba heading the pen is really good. Vidal Nuno looks like a real deal lefty as well...

ever the optimist (til we go on the snide)

Call me crazy, because maybe I am, but I don't like Youk on the team. I hate it in fact. Damon was one thing, hell, even the Babe. But this guy?
F that.

How many different sports do you have to watch to realize that youth has an athletic advantage over the "wily vets?" It sucks to hear but there is validity in the statement.

We should have been going "young" at least 2 or 3 seasons ago. But the pocketbooks stays closed while we eat the BS that is Aroid. It's a mess. I wish we would return to building the Team through a solid Farm System instead of getting re-treads and occasional better than average journeymen.

And yes, like you I rather our Pitching staff in totality be our strength. I love the long ball, but fundamental base-running and small-ball can win games if the Staff and Pen are solid and stable and reliable enough.

Then there's the matter of grooming and replacing the components of the Hot Corner and of course the Captain's position. (SS not the Captaincy that is)

Redeyejedi
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Can someone explain what the Yankees are trying to accomplish . This team is a complete disaster that has no direction

bandwgn86
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Old and banged already.. Sure, why not bring in Vernon lol

Redeyejedi
03-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Old and banged already.. Sure, why not bring in Vernon lolCant pay the extra 500,000 to keep a competent catcher on the roster but 7 million for Veron Wells is cool

Toadofsteel
03-25-2013, 11:38 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/10137_426753897418027_13824426_n.jpg

nycsportzfan
03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
I think this yankee teams got enough pitching to compete, and the first way to get outta bad contracts and still be competitive is to have a sweet staff and pen and not sign big money FA's positonal players .. At least were gonna be able to pitch our way to victory while getting outta under some of these dumb contracts...

nycsportzfan
03-26-2013, 10:47 PM

Call me crazy, because maybe I am, but I don't like Youk on the team. I hate it in fact. Damon was one thing, hell, even the Babe. But this guy?
F that.

How many different sports do you have to watch to realize that youth has an athletic advantage over the "wily vets?" It sucks to hear but there is validity in the statement.

We should have been going "young" at least 2 or 3 seasons ago. But the pocketbooks stays closed while we eat the BS that is Aroid. It's a mess. I wish we would return to building the Team through a solid Farm System instead of getting re-treads and occasional better than average journeymen.

And yes, like you I rather our Pitching staff in totality be our strength. I love the long ball, but fundamental base-running and small-ball can win games if the Staff and Pen are solid and stable and reliable enough.

Then there's the matter of grooming and replacing the components of the Hot Corner and of course the Captain's position. (SS not the Captaincy that is) Sounds to me like u change ur mind about former redsox once they play well for the yanks, as u say u were conviently fine with Damon and Babe.. Lets see if ur still not ok with Youk when he hits 280plus with 20plus hrs, which i think hes poised to do..

giantyankee1976
03-27-2013, 08:10 AM
*crosses fingers*

dezzzR
03-27-2013, 02:00 PM
I think this yankee teams got enough pitching to compete, and the first way to get outta bad contracts and still be competitive is to have a sweet staff and pen and not sign big money FA's positonal players .. At least were gonna be able to pitch our way to victory while getting outta under some of these dumb contracts...Yea i really think everyones over reacting. If we stay above 500 until Grandy and Tex come back well be fine.

giantyankee1976
03-27-2013, 02:38 PM
what about the walkers and canes in the dugout?

the bengay for crying out loud !

giantyankee1976
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21995785/robinson-cano-fires-scott-boras-signs-with-jay-zs-company

so, uh, um really?

L.T.56
04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21995785/robinson-cano-fires-scott-boras-signs-with-jay-zs-company

so, uh, um really?

why not? atleast now you won't have boras demanding some ridiculous contract like he always does. now there's a chance cano gets a more reasonable contract. jay-z is also a yankee fan so that could be a plus also.

giantyankee1976
04-03-2013, 07:24 PM
good points, I do like Robbie.

So do you think the "Era" will be over this Season? Officially?

I have a feeling that both Mo and the Captain ride off into Baseball immortality at this Season's end.

giantyankee1976
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
my gosh...this is a brutal game to watch.

Girardi needs walking papers and maybe Cashman too.

Hank, Hal wake the fridge up!

L.T.56
04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
i think they just need to start getting younger. petitte i think should retire after this year. kuroda is hurt now plus he's starting his 40's. hughes needs to go. no need to resign him. he's been mediocre his whole career so far. hopefully pineda bounces back well from his injury. no need for wells or overbay to be on this team next year either. they are both washed up players. if arod didnt have that ridiculous contract i would want him gone after this year also. rivera will obviously be gone after this year. joba needs to go. hopefully either romine or sanchez will be fully ready to play at the major league level next year and if not find someone out there on the market. get rid of stewart and cervelli. they both are not even capable backups in my mind.

L.T.56
04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
i think they just need to start getting younger. petitte i think should retire after this year. kuroda is hurt now plus he's starting his 40's. he'll be gone by the start of next season. hughes needs to go. no need to resign him. he's been mediocre his whole career so far. hopefully pineda bounces back well from his injury. no need for wells or overbay to be on this team next year either. they are both washed up players. if arod didnt have that ridiculous contract i would want him gone after this year also. rivera will obviously be gone after this year. joba needs to go. hopefully either romine or sanchez will be fully ready to play at the major league level next year and if not find someone out there on the market. get rid of stewart and cervelli. they both are not even capable backups in my mind.

miked1958
04-03-2013, 11:29 PM
I happen to be one of the few Giants fans thats actually a Mets fan. So stop your complaining with your 17 or so titles. Mets are pathetic compared to Yankees so I don't want to hear it

L.T.56
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
I happen to be one of the few Giants fans thats actually a Mets fan. So stop your complaining with your 17 or so titles. Mets are pathetic compared to Yankees so I don't want to hear it

Well unlike other yankee fans i dont dwell on the past. all those titles are great and all but i focus on the here and now. sorry if i want to see my team compete and not looking like it might not even get higher than 4th place.

Redeyejedi
04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I happen to be one of the few Giants fans thats actually a Mets fan. So stop your complaining with your 17 or so titles. Mets are pathetic compared to Yankees so I don't want to hear itIts 27

giantyankee1976
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
LOL, rubbed it in.

as to not complaining, why not? Some of us like the Yankees for being the Yankees NOT for some kind of "arrogant superiority" issue.

Morehead State
04-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I feel very badly for all my Yankee fan friends. Its going to be a long season, dwelling in the cellar for the Yanks this season.
Your team are the Sox of last year.
We however.......are re-establishing our dynasty which began in 2004. We have cast off the disgrace of Bobby V and are taking our rightful place atop Major league Baseball.
Another WS this season will put us back on track as the team of the new century.

alentown pa
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Anyone else notice the announcers love affair with the Red Sox rookie left fielder on Monday? It was the usual espn biased bull****, the kid got turned around the wrong way on a line shot by cano and recovered to make the play. You would of thought it was Willie mats in the World Series.

Morehead State
04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Anyone else notice the announcers love affair with the Red Sox rookie left fielder on Monday? It was the usual espn biased bull****, the kid got turned around the wrong way on a line shot by cano and recovered to make the play. You would of thought it was Willie mats in the World Series.
You're a Yankee fan?
That just makes my day. Its going to be a fun season of smack.

alentown pa
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
You're a Yankee fan?That just makes my day. Its going to be a fun season of smack.Agreed it will be fun for you.... Not so much for me, Vernon wells hits 5th on this team

Morehead State
04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Agreed it will be fun for you.... Not so much for me, Vernon wells hits 5th on this team
Daniel Nava hit fifth for us last year.

nycsportzfan
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Not good! I have tried to be optomistic becuase of the staff and pen and thinking we could get solid contributions from at least a couple of these scrap heapers to go with Jeets , Cano, Youk, and Ichiro... And to be honest, i'm still optomistic CC will pitch like CC and Pettitte and Kuroda will be fine, and also Phelps and Hughes will help out... The thing u can never account for is Joe "idiot" Giardi.. The guy makes ridiculous moves and decisons all the time, and its extremely difficult to win in spite of ur manager.. What he did with Cody Epply last night was ridiculous.. Getting rid of Ardsma for Epply becuase Epply can pitch multiple innings is so stupid... Anyone with half of brain knew we got lucky contributions with Epply last yr, and u gotta be smart to know that and let em go so u can say u got a bargain.. When u hold on to em untill u get what they truly are, which isn't good, u end up taking ur bargain away, as it ends up evening out...

Robinson Cano really needs to start hitting and like now! I know its been 2games, but he was terrible in the postseason as well, and its not like this guy drove in 100runs last yr and hit 325... If ur gonna ask for 200mill(rumoured), u better produce more often then not, and at the beggining of the season is huge for cano, because he left sour taste in fans mouths with horrendus postseason last yr..

Bottom line, i think our pitching is gonna be fine, and some of these scrap heapers(vern wells?) are gonna be big for us, and we'll start winning games, but guys like Cano have to flat out rake, and giardi can't be a moron..

giantyankee1976
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I feel very badly for all my Yankee fan friends. Its going to be a long season, dwelling in the cellar for the Yanks this season.
Your team are the Sox of last year.
We however.......are re-establishing our dynasty which began in 2004. We have cast off the disgrace of Bobby V and are taking our rightful place atop Major league Baseball.
Another WS this season will put us back on track as the team of the new century.

I love you man, now stfu, not really but really.

still love you man

giantyankee1976
04-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Yankees win...got 'em looking.

(friggin' midget and Gomes )

nycsportzfan
04-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Like i said, our pitching will figure its self out and we'll get contributions from some of these scrap heap guys(Wells and Overbay so far), and we'll start winning some games.. And this is a perfect example, its not to often ur gonna score 4plus runs against CC, Pettitte, Kuroda, and our rotation that ends with the best closer of alltime.. Good win yanks, and way to show some pop by Gardy and Cervelli...

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Cervelli, Youk, and Hafner are raking...

Morehead State
04-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I love you man, now stfu, not really but really.

still love you man
Oh...Its going to be a fun ride this season with all my Yankee fan friends.

Redeyejedi
04-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Oh...Its going to be a fun ride this season with all my Yankee fan friends.Its going to be a struggle to be a .500 year for the Yankees. Their offense is really bad

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Its going to be a struggle to be a .500 year for the Yankees. Their offense is really bad THe offense has been fine, its the pitching thats killed us so far... I mean, were not scoring a ton of runs, but were scoring, and thats with Ichiro and Cano both doing absoulutley nothing to this point.. Were also getting Jeter and Granderson back for sure, and possibly alex and/or Tex down the line.. Youk, Overbay, Hafner, Nunez, Wells, are all doing there jobs on offense.. We got sub par starts from Hughes, Nova, CC(1st game), Kuroda(left via injury), and ridiculous middle relief, or we'd be a game outta 1st right now, as we'd of won at least one more game, which would put us a game behind boston..

Cervelli and Youk are bosses right now!!

dezzzR
04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
THe offense has been fine, its the pitching thats killed us so far... I mean, were not scoring a ton of runs, but were scoring, and thats with Ichiro and Cano both doing absoulutley nothing to this point.. Were also getting Jeter and Granderson back for sure, and possibly alex and/or Tex down the line.. Youk, Overbay, Hafner, Nunez, Wells, are all doing there jobs on offense.. We got sub par starts from Hughes, Nova, CC(1st game), Kuroda(left via injury), and ridiculous middle relief, or we'd be a game outta 1st right now, as we'd of won at least one more game, which would put us a game behind boston..

Cervelli and Youk are bosses right now!!This. Its April 8th people!!

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Sounds to me like u change ur mind about former redsox once they play well for the yanks, as u say u were conviently fine with Damon and Babe.. Lets see if ur still not ok with Youk when he hits 280plus with 20plus hrs, which i think hes poised to do..

F that.

Then there's the matter of grooming and replacing the components of the Hot Corner and of course the Captain's position. (SS not the Captaincy that is) U still not liking Youk on this team? If so, u truly don't like em..lol I personally love the signing and don't care what team he played for, as we get guys in sports from celtics on knicks, from cowboys and eagles on giants and sox on yankees quite often now, so its really no big deal.. Back in the day it used to matter more, now its not such a big deal.. Youk only played on the sox for like 5or6 yrs anyways...

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Hafners return to Clevland today.. Should be a welcoming reception for Pronk in his old stomping grounds..

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Welp, i told ya Hafner despite the overall results looked strong and healthy and with a quick bat in the spring training.. 3run jack in his first AB back in Clevland!

Morehead State
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Welp, i told ya Hafner despite the overall results looked strong and healthy and with a quick bat in the spring training.. 3run jack in his first AB back in Clevland!
Speaking of 3 run jacks..............

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I like how Hafner looks so far.. He just looks healthy at the plate.. I'm hoping we can get 20plus taters outta him, with a respectable 260plus avg... I'm thinking i underestimated how healthy and strong Hafner looked this spring.. I'm gonna raise the stakes and say 270avg and 25hrs!!!!lol

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Speaking of 3 run jacks.............. Did someone say Jack? Pronk for president!

Morehead State
04-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Did someone say Jack? Pronk for president!
Another win for God's team!

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM
And make that 4ribbys for hafner in first 2abs in return to clevland..lol Okay, i had pretty big expectations from this guy, but even i didn't see this coming! I mean, many thought i was nuts for expecting 260 and 20 jacks, but if he can stay healthy, hes gonna shatter that, just shatter it!

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
By the way, Hafner has hit in every single game this yr as well...

dezzzR
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
By the way, Hafner has hit in every single game this yr as well...Yuk has too. Ichi and Gardner need to get it going

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Yuk has too. Ichi and Gardner need to get it going Ichiro and Gardner with Ribby singles as well today.. Oh ya, CANO finally arrived to 2013 season, as he goes yrd not once, but twice! THis offense is rolling!

nycsportzfan
04-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Yanks on 3game win streak and score Double digit runs for 2nd consecutive day!!!lol Cano , Youk, Ichiro, Overbay, and Boesch all go deep!!!! Crazy! Andy d***les yet again on the mound as he simply dosen't get old!

nycsportzfan
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Cano goes 4-6 a HR, 2doubles, 2runs, and 5ribbys

Gardner goes 4-5 2doubles, 3runs, 2ribbys

Overbay goes 3-5 HR, 2B, 3runs, and a Ribby

Cervelli goes 2-4 , BB, 2runs, and a ribby

Youk goes 1-3 HBP, HR, 2ribbys

Boesch goes 1-1 HR, and 2ribbys

Ichiro hits a Solo HR

Pettitte throws 7inn of 1er baseball

Warren pitches 2shutout inning to close it out for yanks.

This lineup is just flaming hot right now!

L.T.56
04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
andy just needs 3 more wins now and he'll get to 250 career wins

giantyankee1976
04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
NYCsportz, pace yourself, it's a long season. LOL

dezzzR
04-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Cano goes 4-6 a HR, 2doubles, 2runs, and 5ribbys

Gardner goes 4-5 2doubles, 3runs, 2ribbys

Overbay goes 3-5 HR, 2B, 3runs, and a Ribby

Cervelli goes 2-4 , BB, 2runs, and a ribby

Youk goes 1-3 HBP, HR, 2ribbys

Boesch goes 1-1 HR, and 2ribbys

Ichiro hits a Solo HR

Pettitte throws 7inn of 1er baseball

Warren pitches 2shutout inning to close it out for yanks.

This lineup is just flaming hot right now!Indeed it is. They need to keep it up.

nycsportzfan
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
NYCsportz, pace yourself, it's a long season. LOL U don't understand, how awesome it was that night! It was just perfection baseball and basketball from both Yanks and Knicks.. THey both played perfect type games that night.. It was alot of fun!

penguinfarmer
04-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Finally, I can get my annual Cano for MVP chant going again.

giantyankee1976
04-12-2013, 09:43 PM
lol

L.T.56
04-12-2013, 11:21 PM
yankees win and turn a 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play. lol

nycsportzfan
04-12-2013, 11:34 PM
And yet another victory and another big game for Youk.. Dudes been a beast and CC and MO were flat out on point and the yanks are now tied for 1st.. Very nice indeed!

giantyankee1976
04-13-2013, 12:11 AM
he needs his goatee back....good win Yanks!

kNicksGiants
04-14-2013, 01:07 AM
is pineda gonna pitch this year?

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 03:14 AM
is pineda gonna pitch this year? Ya, last update i saw was he was 2wks away from facing batters, which was on March 25th... So its been 2wks, but i haven't heard anything yet.. I hope hes our wildcard and can take that bum Hughes spot..

David Phelps was absoulutley brilliant in relief today of Hughes striking out 6 in 4inn of shutout relief...

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 03:15 AM
David Phelps needs to be in the rotation for Hughes or Nova.. Hes clearly showing hte most since last yr outta the 3 and earned his oppurtunity...

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 03:16 AM
My boy Pronk went yard again, albeit in a loss, but can't complain much, after starting 1-4, were now 5-5.. Just a reminder, O's vs Yanks on sunday night baseball tommorow...

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Our Triple AAA boys have been rained out for 4th straight day..lol Thats ridiculous!

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Our big gun prospect, Gary Sanchez went yard 2times last night! Dudes a freaking beast! Jose Campos, the other piece in our trade for Montero, threw 3inn of scoreless ball at low A charleston, and was said by keith law to be sitting in 89-92 MPH range...

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Lets take this series against the O's tonight on ESPN fella's! Looking forward to seeing Youk and Wells getting some licks agianst a lefty tonight...

giantyankee1976
04-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Bash !

Brett goes for yard

nycsportzfan
04-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Bash !

Brett goes for yard He crushed it! This teams winning games by having diffrent hero's each game.. They remind me of the great yank teams in that way, as for instance, yesterdays ribbys came from Brett Gardner and Jayson Nix, and tommorow if were to win, it could very well be Brennan BOesch and Vernon Wells, and then the next day it could be Cano and Cervelli...etc

There playing as a team, and those are the teams that end up winning alot of games.. I hope Tex and Grandreson come back and don't muddle up the team with there long slumps and tons of strikeouts and low batting avg's...

dezzzR
04-15-2013, 02:07 PM
He crushed it! This teams winning games by having diffrent hero's each game.. They remind me of the great yank teams in that way, as for instance, yesterdays ribbys came from Brett Gardner and Jayson Nix, and tommorow if were to win, it could very well be Brennan BOesch and Vernon Wells, and then the next day it could be Cano and Cervelli...etc

There playing as a team, and those are the teams that end up winning alot of games.. I hope Tex and Grandreson come back and don't muddle up the team with there long slumps and tons of strikeouts and low batting avg's...Yea he ****ing ripped it last night. Didnt know he could. Been saying it for years. Im more worried about Tex than Grandy. Grandy is a bit more consistent with the HRs.

nycsportzfan
04-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Yea he ****ing ripped it last night. Didnt know he could. Been saying it for years. Im more worried about Tex than Grandy. Grandy is a bit more consistent with the HRs. Ya, but hes also prone to long slumps, and striking out a monsterus amout on his AB's...

Alumni2k11
04-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Nova on the mound again tonight. Let's hope that 7.71 ERA goes down...

kNicksGiants
04-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Our big gun prospect, Gary Sanchez went yard 2times last night! Dudes a freaking beast! Jose Campos, the other piece in our trade for Montero, threw 3inn of scoreless ball at low A charleston, and was said by keith law to be sitting in 89-92 MPH range...i went to a spring training game last year and was really impressed with sanchez, he can hit for sure.

i still have faith in nova... i think he can be solid for us... hughes is the guy that i hope phelps/pineda replaces.

L.T.56
04-17-2013, 12:19 AM
nova has great stuff but just not great command. plus he'll leave some hangers here and there. also that was a moon shot by cano.

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Good game last night.. Solid pitching, especially from the pen, which was brilliant.. Multi Hit games from Robbie, Youk, Pronk, and Stewart..

For anyone whos missing Russell Martin, hes hitting like 0.83BA, and Cervelli and Stewart are both raking...

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Freaking Pronk baby! what a gritty bunch of ball players! Down 3-0 and looking like Miley was gonna dominate all game, and guys like Francisco, Nix, and Gardner all come up huge, and tie the game, and Pronk with big pinch hit HR with 2out in bottom of 8th takes lead!!! Now its time for MO!!!!!!

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
We got outsevles a PRONX BOMBER!

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
one down for MO, and 2more to go, and we got ourselves a come from behind gem!

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
2down, and one to go for MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Game over, the yankees win, ttthhhheeee yaannnkkeeesss wiiiinnn!!! MO mows em down!

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:38 PM
If u guys aren't following this team closely, i suggest u do, there a fun team to watch!

Morehead State
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
If u guys aren't following this team closely, i suggest u do, there a fun team to watch!
The Sox are more fun.

Alumni2k11
04-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Won 7 of the last 8.

Alumni2k11
04-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Jeter out until all star break.

nycsportzfan
04-18-2013, 11:39 PM
The Sox are more fun. He=lllllllzzz NO!

nycsportzfan
04-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Losing Jeter till after the break is a big bummer... Either way, this gritty bunch of guys will hopefully keep pluggin away untill Granderson and Jeets do eventually get back..

JR Murphy, are former 2nd rd pick a few yrs back, whos a catcher and known for his offense went yard 3times last night for Trenton! Dudes having some kinda monster yr!

Gary Sanchez also hit another HR last night.. Austin Romine, whos the furthest along outta are catchers is also having a big yr offensively..

nycsportzfan
04-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Melky Mesa making a strong case to be called up.. Hes a toolsy kid with speed and power, and a good arm, and offers some much needed right handed thump, and seems to be really progressing in his batting eye this yr.. Hes hitting 306BA with 3hr and 5ribbys, and hasen't K'd in his last 3games.. basically his BB/K ratio is whats holding him back, but if he can keep the K's down, he might get a chance here sooner then later... His ratio isnt great overall this yr, but its the past handful of games or so, hes really showing improved batting eye at the plate...

L.T.56
04-19-2013, 10:18 AM
well it looks like they were better off with cervelli right now then martin. martin seems to be continue struggling so far and is hitting around .100 again. hopefully jeter heals quickly. it seems like he had a small tear in that ankle he hurt which is why he wont be back till after the all star break.

Redeyejedi
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
I am shocked how well they have played so far this year. I thought for sure this was an 85 win team

Alumni2k11
04-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Going to see the SWB Yankees a few times this year (road games). Looking forward to seeing some of these guys in person this year before they (hopefully) hit the bigs.

alentown pa
04-19-2013, 02:28 PM
FFS does Hughes give up a lot of long balls

nycsportzfan
04-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Pronk baby with a ribby double to start the game!! Dudes a freaking beast!!!!!! 2-0 in the 1st!

L.T.56
04-19-2013, 08:30 PM
pettite with the quick reflexes. not bad for a 40 year old.

nycsportzfan
04-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Pronk with a HR now!!!!lol Hr and RBI double to start the game for Pronk(2for2 2ribs 2B,HR)..

nycsportzfan
04-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Straight mashing! Cervelli, Pronk, Cano, Overbay, all mashing tonight! God, i love this team!

L.T.56
04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
wow that was some shot by bautista lol

L.T.56
04-19-2013, 10:00 PM
and wells answers with a shot of his own.

nycsportzfan
04-19-2013, 10:27 PM
and wells answers with a shot of his own. I've been listening to the game on the radio, can't wait to check out the HR's on Yankees.com after the game!

L.T.56
04-19-2013, 10:48 PM
yankees win 9-4. bats were alive tonight. pettite with another solid start. thats career win number 248 for him now.

penguinfarmer
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
CC getting hammered but...

...Cano for MVP

giantyankee1976
04-23-2013, 01:01 AM
well...that's that.

i HATE that dome...dungeon of horrors (seriously move the clones outdoors like a real baseball team ought to be)

kNicksGiants
04-23-2013, 01:13 AM
soo.... whats the deal with CC's velocity?

nycsportzfan
04-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Theres more posts on here after a loss from peeps then after a win..lol As far as CC's velocity, it dose't look good, but outside of that terrible 1st, he pitched brilliantly.. Hes just gotta stop giving up runs early in games, and he'll be fine, and will be fine..

Our offense is terrible against lefties, at least untill we get Mark Texiera back, which will help.. Seems were getting lefties thrown at us every night lately..

Ben Fracisco simply isn't a ML bat at all.. I hope we bring up David Adams or someone like that.. Time to see what some of these guys got, and i'd start with David Adams, whos bat is solid..

Morehead State
04-23-2013, 09:28 PM
As a Sox fan today I can only say what my Little League coach told us after we lost 18-0.
"If you're gunna lose....lose big"

L.T.56
04-23-2013, 11:34 PM
hughes pitches well today. clutch hit by ichiro in the 9th. mo bounces back after giving off a leadoff bomb in the 9th.

nycsportzfan
04-24-2013, 02:02 AM
hughes pitches well today. clutch hit by ichiro in the 9th. mo bounces back after giving off a leadoff bomb in the 9th. Ya, Ichiro with the big multi hit game , and game winning 2out, 2run single in the 9th of Fernando Rodney was awesome! Thats what its all about right there!

This team is all about switching up whos the contributors for that paticular game, and i love teams like that.. U look at who drove in tonights runs and it was Ichiro(2), Gardner, and Wells.. Tommorow could very well be Cervelli, Boesch, and Hafner.. U just never know..

Very solid start for Phil Hughes as LT all ready said..

bandwgn86
04-25-2013, 03:53 PM
BJ's takin you down!

Lets go Jays

dezzzR
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
BJ's takin you down!

Lets go JaysYou wish. Im going tomorrow night

bandwgn86
04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
You wish. Im going tomorrow night

i do hope you at least have some fun while we are kicking your asses though Dezzz

PS please flip Jeter the bird for me :)

nycsportzfan
04-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Time to smash the jays again this weekend.. We'll start with Burhele tonight....

Morehead State
04-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Time to smash the jays again this weekend.. We'll start with Burhele tonight....
I hope you're right. i need the Yankees to play spoiler all season for us.

kNicksGiants
04-25-2013, 10:14 PM
robbie with the big 3 run jimmy jack :D

kNicksGiants
04-25-2013, 10:56 PM
mo is still the best

nycsportzfan
04-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Wow , talk about Injury bug! Now we lose Nova and Cervelli! Jeez! Either way, were gonna finally get a long look at Austin Romine, the first up outta are catching prospects, and hes been hitting well in Triple AAA this season, and it'll be fun to see what hes got..

David Phelps was brilliant last night, as the former Fightin Irish pitcher K'd 9jays in relief of the injured Nova...

Gardy with his 3rd bomb of the season! Nice!

I coulden't be more proud of these yanks this yr! There really doing well, and showing a ton of testical fortitude, playing as well and as hard as they are with the injuries that have occured!

nycsportzfan
04-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I hope you're right. i need the Yankees to play spoiler all season for us. Welp, we all ready secured at worst, a split in the 4game series, with the Hefty Lefty and dandy Andy still to go..

I can't wait till we get out chance to rough up that minor league team the sox are destroying, that they call the astros..lol

L.T.56
04-27-2013, 11:11 PM
hafner comes up big again. 3 run homer to tie the game at 3 and then the game winning rbi triple. i didnt expect him to be doing this well so far this year so im pleasantly surprised. sabathia struggled a bit early but overall had a good performance pitching 8 innings giving up 3 earned runs and getting the win. yanks will try and go for the 4 game sweep tomorrow.

giantyankee1976
04-27-2013, 11:50 PM
...just got in from white sox/ rays...

those bum chisox did us no favors.

nycsportzfan
04-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Yanks continue to show amazing perseverience, and win despite many injuries.. U can't help but be proud of this team...

dezzzR
04-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Went to the game Friday, Michael Kay and Paulie waved at me and momma Dezz. :)Great game as well

dezzzR
04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Yanks continue to show amazing perseverience, and win despite many injuries.. U can't help but be proud of this team...Seriously. Theres no quit in them

bandwgn86
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
not sure whats worse.. getting crushed by an Astros team or getting swept by a team that got crushed by an Astros team :)

nycsportzfan
04-30-2013, 11:35 PM
not sure whats worse.. getting crushed by an Astros team or getting swept by a team that got crushed by an Astros team :) Eh, we got em back and smacked em the mouth, so u can feel alittle better now with who swept your squad..lol.

nycsportzfan
04-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Hafner with 3more hits and 3more ribbys, and Nunez and Ichiro with 3hits a piece, and Overbay hit his 4th dinger, and Kuroda threw 7scoreless,and Mo picked up his 10th SV on the season.. All in a nights work!

nycsportzfan
05-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Phil Hughes is pitching awesome right now! Best we've seen em, and stringing together a good amount of these stellar starts in a row... He was brilliant today against Oakland, going 8inn of shutout ball with 9ks... Hopefully we can beat Oak tommorow and take yet another series..

nycsportzfan
05-12-2013, 11:33 AM
MO is having possibly his best season ever at age 43.. Amazing! This yankee team is the bees knees!

bandwgn86
05-17-2013, 04:49 PM
2nd page..
id hate for the Jays to do the Red Sacks any favours but Jays are sweepin starting tonight

nycsportzfan
05-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Pronk with the game tying jack with one out in the 9th! 4th HR of the game for the yanks! These guys are a blast to watch!

giantyankee1976
05-21-2013, 08:06 AM
...well it's "officially" baseball season for me now.

interesting team composition...gotta say that Haf is one of my main guys this season.

gotta say they've done more than what was expected. good to see !

kNicksGiants
05-25-2013, 09:24 PM
great comeback win. i think it was the first time we got the rays closer to blow it.