PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith to be traded to KC

Toadofsteel
02-27-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145687/article/san-francisco-49ers-agree-to-trade-alex-smith-to-chiefs

Not official until start of the league year, but it seems like everything is in place...

miked1958
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
So now they wont have to Draft a QB in the First Round. That will mean they will take someone from another position which will push everyting back a pick poss. oh well 19 is 19 no matter who is on the board

Toadofsteel
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
So now they wont have to Draft a QB in the First Round. That will mean they will take someone from another position which will push everyting back a pick poss. oh well 19 is 19 no matter who is on the board

Alex was going to go SOMEWHERE... this just means that now Arizona is going to draft Geno probably. At the very least, this means that KC is more likely to draft Joeckel, keeping him out of Philly's hands...

miked1958
02-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Alex was going to go SOMEWHERE... this just means that now Arizona is going to draft Geno probably. At the very least, this means that KC is more likely to draft Joeckel, keeping him out of Philly's hands...Agreed. and keeping good players out of phillys hands is ALWAYS a good thing

miked1958
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
So that will re set that mock sites to come up with a new verison yet again. lol

Carter.525
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
KC is back..!

TheEnigma
02-27-2013, 02:20 PM
SF won this trade by a landslide. The fact Alex Smith has never shown anything until Jim Harbaugh showed up would have scared me personally from pursuing him.

miked1958
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
SF won this trade by a landslide. The fact Alex Smith has never shown anything until Jim Harbaugh showed up would have scared me personally from pursuing him.I think he will do okay there. Get this team back to a respectible 8 or 9 wins but just as he had the prob in SF if and when he gets the Chiefs to the playoffs he will then fold like a cheap tent. Who knows mabye the Chiefs will still take Geno Smith in the First Round... Maybe Alex is just a Stop Gap until Geno is ready

Moke
02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
KC is back..!

Lol'd. IMO, this is horrible for the Chiefs.

TheEnigma
02-27-2013, 03:31 PM
I think he will do okay there. Get this team back to a respectible 8 or 9 wins but just as he had the prob in SF if and when he gets the Chiefs to the playoffs he will then fold like a cheap tent. Who knows mabye the Chiefs will still take Geno Smith in the First Round... Maybe Alex is just a Stop Gap until Geno is ready

You could be right and you can get away with a move like this in the AFCW anyhow. I just look at Harbaugh's track record with QBs - Luck, Smith, and now Kaepernick. I know he is a hated man on this MB but he could arguably be the best developer of QB talent in the world now. Now you are mixing Alex Smith with a HC who underutilizes his RB (LeSean McCoy on the Eagles) and it wouldn't shock me to see Reid's system put Alex Smith in worse situations to turn the ball over.

BlueBlooded1979
02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
SF won this trade by a landslide. The fact Alex Smith has never shown anything until Jim Harbaugh showed up would have scared me personally from pursuing him.

You are damn right they did. I can't argue on how good he is but you hit the nail on the head. If you look at the external factors I would have offered a 5th and thats it.

SF is in a bad cap situation like us. 3m over the cap right now and they have Gholdson and Walker as UFAs. They couldn't afford to pay a backup 7m.

Alex is a good guy but a player with his skill set on the bench would have caused an issue. If Kaep had a bad game or two the fan base would be clamoring for Alex.

Alex only has 1 year left on his deal. A high second rounder for a 1 year rental is just bad.

The Chiefs second rounder is the first pick in the second round. Given the way the draft timing and pay scale works it is more valuable than the last 4 picks of the first round. The first few picks of the seocnd round are trade gold and can easily leveraged for #1 the next year.

Andy Reid was fired from Philly mostly for his really bad personell decisions. Giving him full control like they did was really stupid.

Flip Empty
02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Well at least Reid is keeping up with KC's tradition of trading high for average quarterbacks. The team also sent a 2nd to the Pats for Matt Cassel.