PDA

View Full Version : If I was to tell you in the offseason

NYGFaninILL
12-26-2011, 04:17 PM
We would control our own destiny in week 17 and make the Playoffs by beating the cowboys. Every single last one of you would be satisfied. Especially of all the 5-11 talk that was being flown around during the lockout.

Let's wait until we have no more games to play before we make decisions about who to axe in the offseason

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Excellent post . . . . preseason expectations are ALWAYS forgotten by this team of year.

Based upon preseason expectations, there is a decent argument that the Giants have overachieved . . . . .

Tommy_Ribs
12-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Yup - I agree, and I was one of the guys saying we had 5-11 written all over us.

If we lose on Sunday night to the Cowboys, I think Coughlin comes back for one more shot, although, he could be in danger.

The fact of the matter is that this team is not that strong at a few position areas, and 8-8 or even 9-7 really is an achievement.

If Coughlin does come back he does need to make some significant corrections and changes to the team and the staff.

SweetZombieJesus
12-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I predicted yet another 5-2 start and another 2nd half collapse.

Even in the best circumstance the team will fall short of 10 wins, finish 3-5 in the second half and Coughlin will have compiled a 31-42 Nov/Dec record. Yet another 2nd half collapse, yet more no shows (Vince Young, Gross Rexman, and Charlie Whitehurst sent fruit baskets).

2nd half collapses are not good even if you somehow do something magical 1 time every 7 years.

Even if the Giants lose this last game it will just be another in a long line of critical no-shows in big spots, nothing new.

I'm off Coughlin's back if he wins this game and manages to win his first home playoff game in 8 years.

G4L
12-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Yup - I agree, and I was one of the guys saying we had 5-11 written all over us.

If we lose on Sunday night to the Cowboys, I think Coughlin comes back for one more shot, although, he could be in danger.

The fact of the matter is that this team is not that strong at a few position areas, and 8-8 or even 9-7 really is an achievement.

If Coughlin does come back he does need to make some significant corrections and changes to the team and the staff.

Well put. Additionally, those preseason predictions were coming before the loss of numerous starters to injuries. I think the finger needs to pointed at Reese, not Coughlin. TC overachieved with the team he was given. JR needs to get us in a better salary cap position heading in to next year to resign some of our guys and bring in some veteran talent at LB.

Spizi
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM
If I would've told you that Victor Cruz has 1300 yards you would have laughed at me

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I predicted yet another 5-2 start and another 2nd half collapse.

Even in the best circumstance the team will fall short of 10 wins, finish 3-5 in the second half and Coughlin will have compiled a 31-42 Nov/Dec record.* Yet another 2nd half collapse, yet more no shows (Vince Young, Gross Rexman, and Charlie Whitehurst sent fruit baskets).

2nd half collapses are not good even if you somehow do something magical 1 time every 7 years.

Even if the Giants lose this last game it will just be another in a long line of critical no-shows in big spots, nothing new.

I'm off Coughlin's back if he wins this game and manages to win his first home playoff game in 8 years.

I'm holding you to that!!!!

SweetZombieJesus
12-26-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm holding you to that!!!!

And I will honor it if he can break the cycle