PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft - Post Combine

gabriel_1
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Really after I watched the combine I can't see anyone with enough value for us to pick at 19, unless someone drops. In this case I think there is a possibility of us to trade down, even though we don't usually and teams are not likely to. The only team in my mind that could use another 1st round pick is Miami (they could really use some new weapons for Tannehill).

Round 2 Pick (Trade via Miami): Kevin Minter, ILB LSU

This guy can have instant impact in our defense, and even though he didn't really test good at the combine he is a true MLB.

Round 2 Pick: David Amerson, CB N.C. State

A lot of people hate on Amerson due to his senior season, but this is a guy that i like a lot and I think he had that season, because he too arrogant trying to make plays. He tested very good at the combine and ran faster than I thought.

Round 3 Pick: Justin Pugh, OT/G Syracuse

This is my short arm boy! he is versatile and that is the main reason that I put him here. Locklear might be coming back and now that we re-signed Beatty getting Pugh would be great. If Locklear doesn't come back or if he is injured or under-performing we can punch Pug in on OT.

Round 4 Pick (via Miami): Bennie Logan, DT LSU

We definitely need some help at DT and Bennie Logan would be a great addition to that. It was reported on Giants 101 that Bennie Logan would really like to play for the Giants, so why not pick him? I think this guy will be very dedicated and focus if he plays for us, plus he can fill some shoes in run-stopping.

Round 4 Pick: Zavar Gooden, OLB Missouri

When we released Michael Boley it was clear that we were aiming for another OLB. I really want to sign Philip Wheeler, but with the cap situation I'm not to sure if we can; therefore, Gooden fits well, because he can add the speed that we so want in our defense. he is raw but will develop.

Round 5: Brennan William, OT North Carolina

You guys must be like he won't fall this far... But he torn his labrum and received a red flag. He most definitely has more value than a 5th round pick, but due to this injury we might be able to get a steal.

Round 6: Earl Wolff, SS N.C. State

This guy surprised me a lot in the combine, he seemed very fluid with his breaks and ran a fast 40 yard dash (4.44). He would add great depth to out secondary, and could even start in out 3 safety package.

Round 7: Celeb Sturgis, K Florida

I like Hopkins better, but I think he will be gone in round 6, so I think Sturgis will do it. Tynes has been great for us but I think it is time for him to go.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-28-2013, 12:50 AM
that is a sweet draft. if we could get most of those guys I would be thrilled. you never know who will pan out but there is a lot of talent in your draft.

BlessedinBlue22
02-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Amerson could have been a top pick last season, when he led the nation in INT's. Similar to Hosley, but they both get beat deep, though they have good speed. Seen him get burned a few times, especially on one Td where my boy Patterson from Texas burned him. I really liked him, he was my dream pick for CB a season ago and could be that Janoris Jenkins type pick in the 2nd..he's very good value

Kruunch
02-28-2013, 08:49 AM
I''m not a fan of trade scenarios because it's easier to guess the PowerBall numbers then what might happen in that regard.

Having said that, you present a really solid scenario. I'm not a Kevin Minter fan but the picks you present make sense.

DarceChoke
02-28-2013, 12:11 PM
If we're going to move from 19 all the way to the second round it's going to cost more than just a 4th. At least a 3rd, ideally a 2nd. According to the trade value chart Miami's 44th pick and 54th pick is slightly less valuable than the giants 19th pick (that would be a more even trade). We'd be getting fleeced in this trade.