PDA

View Full Version : Stricks Post Combine Mock

NYGfanSTRICK
02-28-2013, 06:07 AM
1st round- Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M. He will fall definitely because of the poor performance at the combine. Some of the numbers there do scare me. The 12 reps on the bench is really bad but the tape of the kid says more than the combine for some people. I think that JPP and Moore could be a deadly combo at DE and would instantly boost our DL

2nd round- Jamar Taylor CB Boise St. He is a four year starter so he definitely has experience. He is a good all around CB. He is good in run support and he can play zone and man coverage. They have been saying that players from Boise have been coached like they are in the NFL so they are very pro ready. I like this kid a lot. He runs sub 4.4 as well.

3rd round- Oday Aboushi OT Virginia. He is a solid OT who has played both RT and LT. He was a 2nd round grade but he got out ran and benched at the combine by Terron Armstrong so they basically flipped projections so he is now a 3rd round grade. The value here is hard to pass up and I would be all over this pick in the 3rd round.

4th round- Montori Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin. He is a big guy who has good potential. He is a hard worker in the weight room, he has added 75 pounds since he was a Senior in High School (255 then). If he gets the right coaching I think that with his explosiveness that he has shown that he could be a very quality DT with us in the rotation of Austin and Rogers. (**fixed.. was previously Bennie Logan haha**)

5th round- A.J Klein MLB Iowa State- I know everyone thinks we need Arthur Brown or Olgetree but there are people who we can get more value out of in the first few rounds. Klein in the 5th could be a huge steal. The kid is an animal and is very underrated. He has really good ball skills and can take them to the house. He is a good open field tackler with good size 6'1 250. Everyone raves about Olgetrees speed but he ran a pedestrian 4.7 and Klein is bigger and still ran a 4.66. The kid is a great teammate with a huge motor. Great value in the 5th round.

6th round A.- Michael Williams TE Alabama- great college experience with 40 starts for a college powerhouse. He is a great blocker who almost is like another lineman out there when blocking. Runs good routes with solid hands. He is a tough guy to bring down because of his size. Not known for his speed but positives make up for the lack of speed.

6th round B- Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt. He is a solid runner who has big play ability. He does not have breakaway speed like Wilson but he does have good quickness and agility. He holds onto the ball well and is the all time leading rusher at Vandy. Great character guy who also has return experience.

7th round- Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami- He is a good player who arguably was a first round talent before he got in trouble. He claims he has changed and has become a better person. Sort of like Will Hill who we picked up. In the 7th round with someone with this kind of talent why not take a shot. His off the field issues aren't as bad as others in the draft that people on this board want so I do not see the problem with taking a shot with this kid. Low risk potentially high reward circumstance here.

Open for advice and any feedback is appreciated!

Carter.525
02-28-2013, 08:52 AM
this is solid.. good work. I'd perfer a early LB, but this is a very realistic mock

nycsportzfan
02-28-2013, 09:03 AM
1st round- Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M. He will fall definitely because of the poor performance at the combine. Some of the numbers there do scare me. The 12 reps on the bench is really bad but the tape of the kid says more than the combine for some people. I think that JPP and Moore could be a deadly combo at DE and would instantly boost our DL

2nd round- Jamar Taylor CB Boise St. He is a four year starter so he definitely has experience. He is a good all around CB. He is good in run support and he can play zone and man coverage. They have been saying that players from Boise have been coached like they are in the NFL so they are very pro ready. I like this kid a lot. He runs sub 4.4 as well.

3rd round- Oday Aboushi OT Virginia. He is a solid OT who has played both RT and LT. He was a 2nd round grade but he got out ran and benched at the combine by Terron Armstrong so they basically flipped projections so he is now a 3rd round grade. The value here is hard to pass up and I would be all over this pick in the 3rd round.

4th round- Bennie Logan DT LSU. He is a player who has potential to be a great player with his signs of explosiveness and with coaching on the right technique and more moves could be a starter in the NFL for years to come. Him and Linval with some help from Austin and Rogers would have a rotation of DTs keeping them all fresh and making plays throughout the game.

5th round- A.J Klein MLB Iowa State- I know everyone thinks we need Arthur Brown or Olgetree but there are people who we can get more value out of in the first few rounds. Klein in the 5th could be a huge steal. The kid is an animal and is very underrated. He has really good ball skills and can take them to the house. He is a good open field tackler with good size 6'1 250. Everyone raves about Olgetrees speed but he ran a pedestrian 4.7 and Klein is bigger and still ran a 4.66. The kid is a great teammate with a huge motor. Great value in the 5th round.

6th round A.- Michael Williams TE Alabama- great college experience with 40 starts for a college powerhouse. He is a great blocker who almost is like another lineman out there when blocking. Runs good routes with solid hands. He is a tough guy to bring down because of his size. Not known for his speed but positives make up for the lack of speed.

6th round B- Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt. He is a solid runner who has big play ability. He does not have breakaway speed like Wilson but he does have good quickness and agility. He holds onto the ball well and is the all time leading rusher at Vandy. Great character guy who also has return experience.

7th round- Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami- He is a good player who arguably was a first round talent before he got in trouble. He claims he has changed and has become a better person. Sort of like Will Hill who we picked up. In the 7th round with someone with this kind of talent why not take a shot. His off the field issues aren't as bad as others in the draft that people on this board want so I do not see the problem with taking a shot with this kid. Low risk potentially high reward circumstance here.

Open for advice and any feedback is appreciated! Its a real good mock, and similar to mine at the top, but there is no way Bennie Logan is going after the mid 4th rd.. Hes a 2nd rd prospect with the possiblity of dropping to early 3rd, and maybe mid 3rd, and theres even a remote possiblity he sneaks into RD1... Nothing wrong with it, as the picks great, but it woulden't happen..

I also have Damontre Moore as our 1st rd pick, becuase i believe the value is to stellar to pass up and bolsters a pass rush that lacks youth and talent... I had Darius Slay going to us in RD2, but i like Jamar Taylor every bit as much, and they were 2guys i been saying were gonna rise for 2months now, so obviously i love the pick of Taylor there.. Aboushi offers good value in the 3rd, and i don't care much about his combine, because i watchd a couple virginia games, and he was pretty much perfect those 2games i watched.. Hes got some versatility as he can play RT as well as G(Guard is where hes probably gonna play, but his T expierence will allow him to help in a pinch at RT and he also maxes out as a RT).. Its a really good pick mid 3rd.. AJ Klein is a gritty, hard nosed LB, who can make the splash play, and is sound vs the run, and better vs the pass then u would think.. He hits hard and plays very physical, and is good value late 5th... Zac Stacy is a RB i've spoke about a few times on here, and i like his body type and ability to catch outta the backfield and pass protect as well as he was very productive in tough SEC.. He a tough physical runner, who does have the ability to beat defenders to the endzone if he gets into open field.. Michael Williams is a fine blocking TE, who could act as another Olineman and also a redzone threat.. Ray Ray Armstong if a guy who was as u said, a 1st rd talent before off field issues and injuries.. Worth the gamble late 7th..

THis is a stellar mock, other then i don't see any chance of Logan being there in the 4th.. Maybe put a DJ Swearinger or Montori Hughes there, or something...

Toadofsteel
02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Do you think Logan will be there in the 4th? I have him graded as a 3rd rounder. Other than that I don't see much problem with this.

Kruunch
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
I like your second 2nd, 4th (although I'd prefer a higher pick at the position), 5th and 6th (Williams) picks a lot.

Moore is a solid pick in the first but doesn't excite me and I don't think we need an OT this draft.

BlueSabbath
02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
LOVE this mock. Only issue is Logan isn't a realistic option for the 4th. One of the 2 I've seen that I like ALMOST as much as mine. :)

In regards to the Klein pick.. I've seen him and Red**** as both being 4th round LB options and I've been torn on which I like more. Klein has crazy athleticism in coverage, but Red**** is better against the run and getting into the backfield...also a better tackler IMO. I mocked Red**** in mine, but also see the value in Klein.

Sovereign
02-28-2013, 01:45 PM
You'r elate a round for Oday and Bennie Logan. Maybe even two rounds in the case of Logan. First two picks are solid.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Haha sorry guys I was on CBS sports and it had Logan a 4th round grade. I need to fix that real quick because I went to another site and there is like no way he is there in the 4th lol.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I have added in Montori Hughes in there for Bennie Logan to make it a little more realistic.

Sovereign
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
You need to look at multiple sites. Try DraftTek and DraftInsider. There's usually a consensus.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-28-2013, 02:34 PM
You need to look at multiple sites. Try DraftTek and DraftInsider. There's usually a consensus.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I use Draft Countdown sometimes but it does not have the round projections up at the moment which is bugging me so thank you for the sites to help me out a bit!