PDA

View Full Version : Six potential teams for St. Louis Rams' Steven Jackson

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
1. St. Louis Rams: It never feels good for a player to take a pay cut to stay in the same uniform, but I still suspect the Rams might value Jackson more than any other team out there. Jackson is no longer a big playmaker, but he's reliable and could split carries with Daryl Richardson again. Coach Jeff Fisher likes Jackson. A two-year deal worth about $9 million might be the best offer Jackson can get.

2. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Turner is expected to get cut. Jackson can give the Falcons similar inside toughness with far more versatility in the passing game and ATL's Chris Wesseling thinks Jackson could be the missing piece of the puzzle. Jacquizz Rodgers isn't ready to carry the load by himself.

3. New England Patriots: It just seems like a Bill Belichick type of move. Jackson can do a little bit of everything well and provide some leadership for Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen. Choosing the Patriots would be Jackson choosing a chance for a title over maxing out on carries.

4. New York Giants: They are a team that's willing to pay for running backs. Jackson could have a Brandon Jacobs-like role alongside David Wilson.

5. Detroit Lions: The Lions already have Mikel Leshoure, offensive coordinator Scott Linehan -- Jackson's old coach in St. Louis -- could sell the Lions on Jackson's ability to stabilize a weak running back group.

6. Indianapolis Colts: They have money to burn and the need for some veteran reliability in the backfield.

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Our running game would be unstoppable...HANDS DOWN!!!

rxc999
02-28-2013, 09:28 AM
that would be awesome...but at what price. I dont think we can afford him

miked1958
02-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Started a thread on this the other day when the news came hit that Jackson would OPT out of his Contract. Didn't get to much response on that Thread. Didn't seem like a Whole lot of Guys on this Board were Positive toward signing him. But weather or not he would fit in is a mute point because there is the issue of him wanting more then he is worth and us not having any CAP Space to sign our own guys

miked1958
02-28-2013, 09:36 AM
This was it. a slightly different spin but the same subject..... http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?28318-Rams-Steven-Jackson-to-OPT-OUT-of-Contract-and-become-FA

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 09:37 AM
I know its a longshot but the thought is entertaining!

miked1958
02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
I know its a longshot but the thought is entertaining!Well I agree with you 100percent. He would be an upgrade from what we had in Jacobs and AB1 last few years. He would also be a STOP GAP until either Brown or Wilson (or both) are ready to become STARS in this League. IN the Type of Offense we Run those two would still get their Carries

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
It just reminded me of when we had Jacobs, Ward, and Ahmad, we had teams on their heels in the running game, and if we were to get him I'm sure we would be able to get back to that form if not better....

Jahh
02-28-2013, 09:48 AM
We aren't paying a lot for a running back but with that said I think Steven Jackson is looking for a contender not a pay day

Drez
02-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Where do you get the idea that we're willing to pay for RBs? Every RB we pay more than $4m to either gets asked to renegotiate or gets cut within year or two of signing the deal.

Drez
02-28-2013, 09:54 AM
It just reminded me of when we had Jacobs, Ward, and Ahmad, we had teams on their heels in the running game, and if we were to get him I'm sure we would be able to get back to that form if not better....We had teams on their heels not because of the backs, but because the OL was opening lanes you could drive a mack truck through.

miked1958
02-28-2013, 09:54 AM
We aren't paying a lot for a running back but with that said I think Steven Jackson is looking for a contender not a pay dayDo you think he considers us a Contender? lol

miked1958
02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Maybe if we were able to secure Both Nicks and Cruz and shore up a few spots on D and along the Oline maybe he would feel we were not to far removed from our 2011 SB Form

WR4Life
02-28-2013, 09:56 AM
My only concern would be where he is in his career at this point. He seems to have been consistent year to year up until this point of his career, (No really. Look at his year by year stats. Other than the year he had 1500 yards, every year is almost the same) but he is going to be 30. He's rapidly approaching the point where Rb production falls off that cliff. But if he can be the exception to the rule and perform consistently for another year or two...then I'm all for it.

miked1958
02-28-2013, 10:02 AM
My only concern would be where he is in his career at this point. He seems to have been consistent year to year up until this point of his career, (No really. Look at his year by year stats. Other than the year he had 1500 yards, every year is almost the same) but he is going to be 30. He's rapidly approaching the point where Rb production falls off that cliff. But if he can be the exception to the rule and perform consistently for another year or two...then I'm all for it.If its true that he is not looking for a HUGE Payday and comes at a reasonable number I think he would be a great addition for a year or two. I don't think anyone would expect those huge numbers he used to put up. if he gave us half of that or around 800 yards plus some nice gains on Screens out of the backfield... It would be a win win. and with the other two mixing in doing what they do it could be a very formidable Rushing Attack

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
That was written in the article that I read about Steven Jackson being a good fit for us. I never said we would pay big money for a running back, that's not a position I think any team should pay top dollar for because they have exposure to too many hits and they dont last long. The running back is probably the number one position in football when you got vets retiring the earliest

embeshAtYa
02-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Our running game would be unstoppable...HANDS DOWN!!!

Have you seen the Oline run block?

Jahh
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Do you think he considers us a Contender? lol

Lol, borderline.

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Depends on the day....I dont think our O-line is as bad as people were making it out to be there are teams with way worse...its just a work in progress, we made a good move signing Beatty, im sure there's gonna be a pick in the draft for some younger guys and Diehl will probably get the boot

GiantsSB23
02-28-2013, 10:25 AM
I dont see why he doesn't! Dude played for the Rams! Compared to them everybody's a contender!

Flip Empty
02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Where's that article from? It's clueless.

Have you seen the Oline run block?

4th best in the league last season.