PDA

View Full Version : Spagnuolo For DC

wardeleo
12-26-2011, 05:20 PM
If the Rams fire Steve Spagnuolo the Giants should send Jerry Reese in a jet immediately to St. Louis with a contract in hand before anyone else gets to him. If they don't all Giant fans should be very, very disgusted.

Vtgmenfan89
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
We would be a serious super bowl contender if we got him back, seeing as how we won his first year and went 12-4 the next. I'd be THRILLED.

~MOJORISIN~
12-26-2011, 05:27 PM
If the Rams fire Steve Spagnuolo the Giants should send Jerry Reese in a jet immediately to St. Louis with a contract in hand before anyone else gets to him.* If they don't all Giant fans should be very, very disgusted.* *
I'll drive him-and pay all the tolls!

shotcalla39
12-26-2011, 06:02 PM
We have more talent on this d than we had in 2007. Like I said numerous times... Couglin is an offensive minded coach.... He needs a great defensive mind to run the d .. Spags was the only great mind we had and look what happened

C1010
12-26-2011, 06:14 PM
I would welcome Spags with open arms!

nycisgreat
12-26-2011, 06:55 PM
We have more talent on this d than we had in 2007. Like I said numerous times... Couglin is an offensive minded coach.... He needs a great defensive mind to run the d .. Spags was the only great mind we had and look what happened

I agree with you 100%. I have been saying that for a while. I just think our defensive game plans weren't that good this season. Last week's game was the first time I could recall two consecutive blitz's on the QB. Even a few blitz's on third down. The second half of Saturday's game the Giants called a pretty good defensive game.

gfanblue
12-26-2011, 07:24 PM
We all would. However I can't recall any coordinator coming back to his old job.

Joe Morrison
12-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Spags coming back with the coaching expeirence he got good or bad at St. Louis, make him a deal to take over to TC in 2 years and he might consider it.

NYSPORTS
12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Jerry Reese claims he's always looking to improve the team. Upgrading the DC should be no exception.

ddm693
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Great minds think alike.

A-unit
12-26-2011, 08:42 PM
We all would. However I can't recall any coordinator coming back to his old job.**** Lebeau came back to Pitt.

FishinTheSalt
12-26-2011, 08:45 PM
If the Rams fire Steve Spagnuolo the Giants should send Jerry Reese in a jet immediately to St. Louis with a contract in hand before anyone else gets to him.* If they don't all Giant fans should be very, very disgusted.* *
I'll drive him-and pay all the tolls!

I have ez pass, so we don't stop for tolls.

fourth&forever
12-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Spags coming back with the coaching expeirence he got good or bad at St. Louis, make him a deal to take over (from) TC in 2 years and he might consider it.
This is my dream. (therefore it will not happen).

MikeSherrard
12-26-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm not a Rams fan but do they really look at the roster of talent he has and then seriously think the coaching is the problem?

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm not a Rams fan but do they really look at the roster of talent he has and then seriously think the coaching is the problem?
They've been killed with injuries as well. Not many coaches survive when 7-9 is their best record.

Dabluguy
12-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Oh my god i'd be so happy we got him back but if he gets fired from the Rams there's a strange feeling in my gut he will be the Eagles DC.

Defcon4
12-27-2011, 12:27 AM
We would be a serious super bowl contender if we got him back, seeing as how we won his first year and went 12-4 the next. I'd be THRILLED.

I want Spags back also, but him alone doesn't make us a SB contender. The O-line is not what it was in '07. This DL is nowhere near as effective as in '07 with Strahan. We had AP in the middle, while now our LBs are a weakness of the D. I think Spags improves over this year's performance on D, but 07 was 07 it aint coming back Spags or no Spags, unless we upgrade player personnel.

Pakman
12-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Oh my god i'd be so happy we got him back but if he gets fired from the Rams there's a strange feeling in my gut he will be the Eagles DC.

No way Castillio gets fired after this winning streak thanks to the defense

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 01:40 AM

No way Castillio gets fired after this winning streak thanks to the defenseAnd that's a scary thought. Castillo's defense really came together. I can see them getting a Kuechly and watch out.

Brian Rolle at the WILL, Kuechly at the MIKE, and Chaney at the SAM.

Then if they get rid of Samuels, they can be a press man team instead of an off zone team. All they need is a solid safety, and if we cut Antrel Rolle, I guarantee you they snatch him up.

tikiandphil
12-27-2011, 01:42 AM
We all would. However I can't recall any coordinator coming back to his old job.

How about as DC and Assistant Head Coach?

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 01:47 AM

How about as DC and Assistant Head Coach?AHC is really not a position you ideally give to a coordinator.

You save those for position coaches you don't want to lose for coordinator gigs. From coordinators, the only spot up from that is HC, and at that point, the AHC title serves you nothing in terms of "locking up" your coach.

Spags would probably come back for 2+ mil per year, but if he coaches up like us fans want him too, we will lose him as quick as we got him.

BigBlue121
12-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Im worried that he will go to philly. Here is why i think that. He started out in philly, and would love to be the person to help bring the city its first Championship. That sounds a lot more enticing than coming back to NY and doing it again. in the eyes of philly fans he would be king of the city FOREVER. Philly fans would all sacrifice their first born for a Lombardi

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Im worried that he will go to philly. Here is why i think that. He started out in philly, and would love to be the person to help bring the city its first Championship. That sounds a lot more enticing than coming back to NY and doing it again. in the eyes of philly fans he would be king of the city FOREVER. Philly fans would all sacrifice their first born for a Lombardi
I don't see it that way but Spags has a ton of respect for Reid and I agree that it would be enticing to go back to where you started out.

EaglesFan206
12-27-2011, 03:26 AM
First post and I do root for the opposition but something I am now officially on board with as the Eagles are out, is you guys taking Dallas out behind the woodshed. I think we can both agree on the Dallas hate so I'll leave it at that and wish you guys the best of the luck on Sunday.

With that being said, wanted to chime in on this topic and a report that came out a few hours ago from Kevin Acee of the San Diego Tribune in regards to Spags heading back to Philly.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles-talk/post/Report-Spagnuolo-will-be-Eagles-DC?blockID=619518&feedID=704&awid=7381461185167024758-711

Link to actual report

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/26/changes-coming-chargers-brass/

fourth&forever
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
First post and I do root for the opposition but something I am now officially on board with as the Eagles are out, is you guys taking Dallas out behind the woodshed. I think we can both agree on the Dallas hate so I'll leave it at that and wish you guys the best of the luck on Sunday.

With that being said, wanted to chime in on this topic and a report that came out a few hours ago from Kevin Acee of the San Diego Tribune in regards to Spags heading back to Philly.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles-talk/post/Report-Spagnuolo-will-be-Eagles-DC?blockID=619518&feedID=704&awid=7381461185167024758-711

Link to actual report

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/26/changes-coming-chargers-brass/

Dallas Hate = acceptable first post

Spags is a lousy coach (/red). I advise you guys not to hire him.

KidA
12-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Most Philly fans would sacrifice their first born for a cheese steak.

sinn fein
12-27-2011, 09:42 PM
u read my mind .pay him whatever and dont forget to get rid of killdrive while ur at it.what in the world makes us go to buffalo for our coordinators has always baffled me.

Raptor22
12-27-2011, 09:56 PM

How about as DC and Assistant Head Coach?AHC is really not a position you ideally give to a coordinator.

You save those for position coaches you don't want to lose for coordinator gigs. From coordinators, the only spot up from that is HC, and at that point, the AHC title serves you nothing in terms of "locking up" your coach.

Spags would probably come back for 2+ mil per year, but if he coaches up like us fans want him too, we will lose him as quick as we got him.

Unless his time in St. Louis taught him some patients, and he waits for TC to retire. To me that's still the smartest move he can make. He'd be MUCH closer to the head coaching job in NY than Philly, so why not hang around for a year or two, build up a dominating D, and make sure you get to walk in to a team with its franchise QB in the prime of his career, a dominating D (that you helped build), and an explosive O.

TC's probably nearing retirement, but if Spags goes to Philly, and they start winning, Reid will be the HC until they need a forklift to haul him to the sidelines.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Unless his time in St. Louis taught him some patients, and he waits for TC to retire. To me that's still the smartest move he can make. He'd be MUCH closer to the head coaching job in NY than Philly, so why not hang around for a year or two, build up a dominating D, and make sure you get to walk in to a team with its franchise QB in the prime of his career, a dominating D (that you helped build), and an explosive O.*

TC's probably nearing retirement, but if Spags goes to Philly, and they start winning, Reid will be the HC until they need a forklift to haul him to the sidelines.
Well I really do want Spags. He is a really good coach IMO, I don't care if he had a lot to work with, he had to take over that 2006 disaster.

I mean, I hope things go just like you stated in your post.

loaded30
12-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Im in for a Spags return. 100%

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
OK, now dont beat me like a red headed stepchild but i believe that PF might have figured it out this past week against the jets, when we actually mix things up and bring blitzes more often than not,along with NO 3 man rush we are very successful. if indeed he has figured that our game planwith NE andthe jets works awesome and sticks to it, than i say keep him for a few more years.....BUT, if it means spags going to a team in our division than I am all for us trying to get his *** and say bye bye to PF

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 10:57 PM
OK, now dont beat me like a red headed stepchild but i believe that PF might have figured it out this past week against the jets, when we actually mix things up and bring blitzes more often than not,along with NO 3 man rush we are very successful. if indeed he has figured that our game plan*with NE and*the jets works awesome and sticks to it, than i say keep him for a few more years.....BUT, if it means spags going to a team in our division than I am all for us trying to get his *** and say by bye to PFI'm not saying Fewell is a bum, I just like Spags a lot more.

I mean, Fewell had a great D with healthy players, and Spags had a dominant D with healthy players.

But I don't want to start sounding greedy ;)