PDA

View Full Version : with your defense as it looks right now,do you think it..

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
hello giant fans,im curious to get your take on your defense as it looks right now.can it contain a healthy RG3 and alfred morris with the pistol triple option offense..do you have concerns or do you think after 1 year your defense will figure it out?

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 03:15 PM
that offense will be figured out by most teams come next year..its garbage..and to be honest its a team that plays scared imho...line up play normal..every snap is a fake yada yada yada..not impressed..im curious to know how u skins fans are gonna be with rg 3s bum leg..hes one more acl tear away from a career..its going to happen

miked1958
03-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I am not sure on opening day what defense will be on the field. I have a feeling we will see a lot more players from last years defense released in next few months. Don't see Webster or Phillips staying. Tuck may be there but is just a shell of former self. Boley and Canty gone. Osi gone. I think they intend in getting quicker players to try and counter your offensive threats. May be a rebuilding year before it over with. Bradshaw gone from offense as well. Prob won't be able to re sign Tynes or booth.

miked1958
03-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Oh and Cruz could also go if the giants don't tender him. He's a RFA so we'd get a first wound pick if someone signed him. Heard niners may make a run at him

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
that offense will be figured out by most teams come next year..its garbage..and to be honest its a team that plays scared imho...line up play normal..every snap is a fake yada yada yada..not impressed..im curious to know how u skins fans are gonna be with rg 3s bum leg..hes one more acl tear away from a career..its going to happeni dont know if you noticed but RG3 made your talented Dline look very average..my point is this,pistol or option offense is not the issue,if RG3 drops back if the pocket breaks down his ability to get out of the way and extend plays still would be a problem dont you think?

Cloud57
hello giant fans,im curious to get your take on your defense as it looks right now.can it contain a healthy RG3 and alfred morris with the pistol triple option offense..do you have concerns or do you think after 1 year your defense will figure it out?Defense still sucks, nothing has changed, I think if we get some decent playmakers from the draft then that may improve the defense a little. Also we have wait to see how some of the new players perform in their starting roles. The Redskins defense is not much better. As for RG3 ans Morris I don't see them having the same success as last year.

miked1958
Also I really hope your coaches didnt ruin RG3 s career by playing him to long in that game. Stupid IMO and I'm sure most of you Redskins fans would agree. I'm not one to wish ill will on other teams star players. If we are to beat you then we want to beat you with your best on the field..

egyptian420
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I think our defense as it was last year was terrible and I would've told you I have zero confidence in them to stop anyone.....but next year our D will definitely look different. I guess we just have to wait and find out how fast they mesh together.

Coughlin did mention however at the combine that stoppping QB's that run the option will be of great consideration when putting together the 2013 team.

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
RG3 is a different style QB,this dude is accurate has a strong arm very smart and can run..DE normally can run down a QB,but RG can out run DE DB'S and LB'S..i dont know how you stop that..

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
i dont know if you noticed but RG3 made your talented Dline look very average..my point is this,pistol or option offense is not the issue,if RG3 drops back if the pocket breaks down his ability to get out of the way and extend plays still would be a problem dont you think?he did?last i checked we won the first game he threw a pick fumbled the ball got sacked..and the second game looked pedestrian..throwing for what 180 yds..yeah he tore us up..lol maybe u should ask...how do we stop morris..he is the problem not the lizard king rg3

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Also I really hope your coaches didnt ruin RG3 s career by playing him to long in that game. Stupid IMO and I'm sure most of you Redskins fans would agree. I'm not one to wish ill will on other teams star players. If we are to beat you then we want to beat you with your best on the field..couldn't agree with you more,RG3 should have been pulled..but just think a gimpy RG3 in the 1st quarter against the seahawks tough D had them on the ropes..once RG3 re-injured himself the seahawks made there move..believe it or not if RG3 didn't aggravate his injury the seahawks would have been blownout..,.

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
he did?last i checked we won the first game he threw a pick fumbled the ball got sacked..and the second game looked pedestrian..throwing for what 180 yds..yeah he tore us up..lol maybe u should ask...how do we stop morris..he is the problem not the lizard king rg3dude my safety fell asleep on that play,that 1st game should have been ours,matter of fact we were 1 bonehead play away from sweeping the entire nfc east..that speaks volume..

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Defense still sucks, nothing has changed, I think if we get some decent playmakers from the draft then that may improve the defense a little. Also we have wait to see how some of the new players perform in their starting roles. The Redskins defense is not much better. As for RG3 ans Morris I don't see them having the same success as last year.you mean you hope?

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
dude my safety fell asleep on that play,that 1st game should have been ours,matter of fact we were 1 bonehead play away from sweeping the entire nfc east..that speaks volume.. yeah great..and that second game we dominated you but lost still so your point is mute..rg3 is not our problem..alfred morris is..he is your mvp not griffen..all u skins fans are so hung up on rg3..i guess i cant blame u since u havent had a qb since what..theisman.

redskins1
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
yeah great..and that second game we dominated you but lost still so your point is mute..rg3 is not our problem..alfred morris is..he is your mvp not griffen..all u skins fans are so hung up on rg3..i guess i cant blame u since u havent had a qb since what..theisman.let me just say this,i have all the respect in the world for your ny giants,they have been good to dominate with what 2 rings in 5 or 6 years..i tip my hat..i come on your board not to troll cause my team has stunk for so long..but i see a change i see a shift and just want to talk about it..

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
let me just say this,i have all the respect in the world for your ny giants,they have been good to dominate with what 2 rings in 5 or 6 years..i tip my hat..i come on your board not to troll cause my team has stunk for so long..but i see a change i see a shift and just want to talk about it..i see a shift too but lets not make like rg3 gives us fits yet..please..morris is our problem..i dont care about rg3

redskins1
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
i see a shift too but lets not make like rg3 gives us fits yet..please..morris is our problem..i dont care about rg3i think you will care about RG3 just as much in the near future,morris n RG3 work hand in hand..but morris was a great find this cat is a tougher runner than any of mike shannahan's previous backs but not quite as talented..im amazed how much a bruiser morris is..WOW!

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
i think you will care about RG3 just as much in the near future,morris n RG3 work hand in hand..but morris was a great find this cat is a tougher runner than any of mike shannahan's previous backs but not quite as talented..im amazed how much a bruiser morris is..WOW!guys a beast man..ill give you props on him no problem

redskins1
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
guys a beast man..ill give you props on him no problemhey man i hope we pick up ahmad bradshaw he is way better than any of our backups, and would be a great 1 2 punch for our run game..

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
hes ok idk id give that burner helu u guys have a couple more chances guys fast as hell

redskins1
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
hes ok idk id give that burner helu u guys have a couple more chances guys fast as helli see your point there,still think bradshaw is better..

NASCARBLITZ
03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
yeah he is but..u need a speed guy u already have a power dude in morris bradshaw has no break away speed what so ever and hes hurt every 2 games he plays..trust me u dont want him

miked1958
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Bradshaw was a great Giant! However of late he just can't stay on the field consistently with his feet problems. Not saying he couldn't be a productive backup to Morris but I think AB still thinks he can lead a team and may look for a Landing spot where he would get more touches

Drez
03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
hello giant fans,im curious to get your take on your defense as it looks right now.can it contain a healthy RG3 and alfred morris with the pistol triple option offense..do you have concerns or do you think after 1 year your defense will figure it out?Considering we beat you once last year and the second game was a 1 pointer, I'd say your confidence it a little misplaced.

GiantsSB23
03-04-2013, 01:38 PM
That was before he got hurt....not so sure he's gonna come back the same buddy

GiantsSB23
03-04-2013, 01:50 PM
If he has a future.....he keep gettin beat up and its going to be Cousins we have to worry about

Flip Empty
03-05-2013, 02:35 AM
that offense will be figured out by most teams come next year..its garbage..and to be honest its a team that plays scared imho...line up play normal..every snap is a fake yada yada yada..not impressed..im curious to know how u skins fans are gonna be with rg 3s bum leg..hes one more acl tear away from a career..its going to happen
Garbage offenses don't lead the league in rushing yards. Nor do they take a team to the playoffs.

SweetZombieJesus
03-05-2013, 05:10 AM
The gimmick read option will be figured out like the Wildcat before it... My personal favorite defense is to hit the QB on every down whether he has the ball or not.

And your QB has already suffered an injury in his first year that may already kill his speed. Even if it doesn't, these injuries will take their cumulative tolls on his body and speed thus negating anything special about him as a runner.

The real question will be when the Redskins are forced to play a more conventional offense. Morris is the real deal and RG3 does have traditional pocket passer skills, so it shouldn't be a frightening prospect for Skins fans...

Rudyy
03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
How to stop RGIII? Stop his security blanket Alfred Morris.

Rusty192
03-05-2013, 09:54 AM
How to stop RGIII? Keep on hitting him. Everyone breaks.

TroyArcher
03-05-2013, 07:54 PM
hello giant fans,im curious to get your take on your defense as it looks right now.can it contain a healthy RG3 and alfred morris with the pistol triple option offense..do you have concerns or do you think after 1 year your defense will figure it out?

I have my doubts RG3 will ever remain healthy.

blueribbon
03-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Flip Empty
03-05-2013, 11:16 PM
I have my doubts RG3 will ever remain healthy.
Thing is, their backup isn't too shabby.

NYCDBS
03-07-2013, 01:08 AM
yeah great..and that second game we dominated you but lost still so your point is mute..rg3 is not our problem..alfred morris is..he is your mvp not griffen..all u skins fans are so hung up on rg3..i guess i cant blame u since u havent had a qb since what..theisman.

Hey hey hey!!! Now they do have Sexy Rexy as he's known in Chicago ok... The guy went to a SuperBowl for goodness sake.
In all seriousness though I wouldn't worry too much about our defense Redskins fans... Just remember our defense could stink it up for 16 games and we would still be in the hunt however it just takes one play to cripple your franchise for the next decade...

TAILGATIN'
03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
As a G-men fan, a healthy RG3 definately scares me with the D we have in place. We need a talented LB of the future, hopefully we grab one in this years draft round 1 or 2. We need help at CB since Prince cant do it all and Im extra concerned about this now that we resigned a 32 yr old, not so hot anymore, Webby. Hopefully a.) he has a bounceback yr or.. b.) we spend an early pick on a talented CB. Id love another strong DE to lineup opposite end of JPP. Our Oline is a disaster as well and we may need a new TE. Basically, Im looking for a strong draft of rooks from the FO. All that said, I think we dominate the skins this year!

pino
03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Your offense will fizzle out just like the wildcat did and you'll be left wondering why you ever got excited about in the first place.

Change your racist team name, btw.

Rusty192
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Change your racist team name, btw.Actually, the early European settlers called the Algonquin Indians "redskins" because of the red face paint made of red ocher and bloodroot that they were known to wear. It didn't have anything to do with the color of their skin.

Drez
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Actually, the early European settlers called the Algonquin Indians "redskins" because of the red face paint made of red ocher and bloodroot that they were known to wear. It didn't have anything to do with the color of their skin.Is the term now used in a derogatory manner towards Native Americans? If so, then it's racist.

Rusty192
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Is the term now used in a derogatory manner towards Native Americans? If so, then it's racist.The root and original intent of the name is not. Only now has the term somehow become twisted into a derogatory meaning by goodness knows who. So no, the team name is not racist. I'd imagine that's why the name has never been changed.

njg85m
03-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Is the term now used in a derogatory manner towards Native Americans? If so, then it's racist.

The term 'Giant' isn't necessarily considered very PC these days either, by the way.

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 01:23 AM
RGpee has 3-4 years left.. if he's lucky enough to stay healthy even that long. Stick a fork in him, he's as good as done. The Skins won't ever win a SB as long as they have to depend on RGpee to get them there. They have a tough schedule this year and they have to play real teams with real defenses (much like the Giants did last year). In many ways, 2nd place was a blessing in disguise for us. RGpee will not walk out of that game against San Fran. I mean that literally. He's also going to have a bad time in the Georgia dome. He's also going to have a bad time against Chicago and Denver. Those guys will all be licking their chops to get a shot at RGpee when he comes into their secondary. He has no chance to finish the season next year.