PDA

View Full Version : What if?

GentleGiant
03-04-2013, 07:17 PM
The patriots are still good even if Brady and belichick leave? 'Lightning strikes' Dun dun dun duuuuuun! 'Wolf howls'

blueribbon
03-08-2013, 12:33 AM
I got one.

What If?

The moon were made of cheese? The Green Bay Packers could move there.

Toadofsteel
03-08-2013, 08:31 AM
The patriots are still good even if Brady and belichick leave? 'Lightning strikes' Dun dun dun duuuuuun! 'Wolf howls'

Don't know about Belicheck, but they were definitely good with Matt freaking Cassel (LOLOLOLOLOLOL) under center... 11-5 good. Why that wasn't enough to make the playoffs I will never know. Had the pats made the playoffs they could have broken out a deep run, and the Legend of Brady would have been gone with the wind.

And I would have been perfectly okay with that. Brady is overrated...

Flip Empty
03-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Brady is overrated...
Would you say that if he was a Giant?

Die-Hard
03-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Don't know about Belicheck, but they were definitely good with Matt freaking Cassel (LOLOLOLOLOLOL) under center... 11-5 good. Why that wasn't enough to make the playoffs I will never know. Had the pats made the playoffs they could have broken out a deep run, and the Legend of Brady would have been gone with the wind.

Brady is overrated?

A ridiculous statement

miked1958
03-09-2013, 10:26 AM
It's partly due to the terrible Divison they play in. Also look how down the AFC in general has been. AFC west has stunk for years. AFC north outside of Pitt and ravens has been horrible. Not hard to make playoffs and be within the 6 best teams when first of all you get 6 wins every year in AFC east and another 5 or 6 due to other div not having a bunch of great teamd

Flip Empty
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
It's partly due to the terrible Divison they play in. Also look how down the AFC in general has been. AFC west has stunk for years. AFC north outside of Pitt and ravens has been horrible. Not hard to make playoffs and be within the 6 best teams when first of all you get 6 wins every year in AFC east and another 5 or 6 due to other div not having a bunch of great teamd
The Patriots have cracked double digit wins for all but one (2002) of the seasons Brady has started for them. You're saying that all those wins are the product of the teams they played? That the AFC as a whole has been on a down swing this entire time?
It wasn't so long that the AFC was dominant -- which team was at the forefront of that? The Patriots.

Brady has been one of the few constants in the league over the last decade.

GentleGiant
03-09-2013, 05:15 PM
It's partly due to the terrible Divison they play in. Also look how down the AFC in general has been. AFC west has stunk for years. AFC north outside of Pitt and ravens has been horrible. Not hard to make playoffs and be within the 6 best teams when first of all you get 6 wins every year in AFC east and another 5 or 6 due to other div not having a bunch of great teamd I disagree. Just a few years ago the AFC was better than the NFC is now. Bengals, titans, chargers, jets, broncos, patriots, steelers, ravens, colts, patriots.

Carter.525
03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
what if mustard was red and ketchup was yellow..?

blueribbon
03-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Brady is overrated?

A ridiculous statement

Yes Tom Brady is only a 7 where his wife is a definite 10

TCHOF
03-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Brady is overrated?

A ridiculous statement

+100

That poster has lost all credibility on this board.

blueribbon
03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
What if

Tony Romo picked up a TUTU instead of a FOOTBALL when he was young?

BuffyBlueII
03-10-2013, 12:34 AM

Actually, the way I look at it is that Matt Cassel took basically the exact same team that was 16-0 during the regular season under Tom Brady and he led them to 11-5. That is a large dropoff.

BuffyBlueII
03-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes Tom Brady is only a 7 where his wife is a definite 10

Gisele Bundchen is so gorgeous. I wish I had met her before Tom Brady did.

Flip Empty
03-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Bundchen and Bumchin. It was meant to be.

Toadofsteel
03-10-2013, 08:13 AM
I never said Brady was bad, just not a goddamned G.O.A.T. People calling him that is what makes him overrated...

Also, the patriots further fell to 10-6 with Brady returning in 2009...

Flip Empty
03-10-2013, 08:23 AM
I never said Brady was bad, just not a goddamned G.O.A.T.
http://i.imgur.com/PYwtvCB.jpg

You were saying?

BuffyBlueII
03-10-2013, 11:42 AM
I never said Brady was bad, just not a goddamned G.O.A.T. People calling him that is what makes him overrated...

Also, the patriots further fell to 10-6 with Brady returning in 2009...

After he returned from a year off to rehab his knee.

Wheteher anyone likes it or not, Tom Brady is definetely in that discussion of very few QBs that can be considered G.O.A.T. I don't know how anyone can state that Tom Brady is overrated.

Rudyy
03-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Overrated...how? Not by numbers obviously..and not by Super Bowls. He may never be Montana but he's not "overrated".

BuffyBlueII
03-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Overrated...how? Not by numbers obviously..and not by Super Bowls. He may never be Montana but he's not "overrated".

I think Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana was.

Rudyy
03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I think Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana was.Eh, that's debatable..I don't think anyone is greater than Montana, but that's just me.

GentleGiant
03-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I think Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana was.
Eh, that's debatable..I don't think anyone is greater than Montana, but that's just me. Ehhh. Clutch wise yeah but it's not like he didn't have people around him. I don't even know who the WRs and RBs were when the pats won SBs.

Rudyy
03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Ehhh. Clutch wise yeah but it's not like he didn't have people around him. I don't even know who the WRs and RBs were when the pats won SBs.True, but Tom Brady now has great offensive weapons. Even back in '07 with Moss.

Flip Empty
03-10-2013, 04:32 PM
True, but Tom Brady now has great offensive weapons. Even back in '07 with Moss.

Brady has been good no matter what options he's had on offense. From Reche Caldwell to Wes Welker; Brady has remained steady.

Rudyy
03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Brady has been good no matter what options he's had on offense. From Reche Caldwell to Wes Welker; Brady has remained steady.Yes.

SweetZombieJesus
03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Brady has been good no matter what options he's had on offense. From Reche Caldwell to Wes Welker; Brady has remained steady.

Yes and no. Tom Brady of 01-03-04 is not the Tom Brady of today... Back then he was more of a steady game manager who made clutch first down pickups... Remember it was marching them down to field goal range and Vinatieri winning the game time and time again. The record-setting barn-burner Brady didn't come until later.

Flip Empty
03-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Yes and no. Tom Brady of 01-03-04 is not the Tom Brady of today... Back then he was more of a steady game manager who made clutch first down pickups... Remember it was marching them down to field goal range and Vinatieri winning the game time and time again. The record-setting barn-burner Brady didn't come until later.
Hence "steady". Brady's never been bad, was my point. No matter who he's had to throw to.

That 2006 season of his was amazing. He took scraps to the AFC championship game.