PDA

View Full Version : Strick's *Fixed* Post Combine Mock Draft

NYGfanSTRICK
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Stricks Post Combine Mock (FIXED)
1st round- Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M. He will fall definitely because of the poor performance at the combine. I am not sure if he makes it past Pittsburgh at 17 but it is definitely realistic. Some of the numbers there do scare me. The 12 reps on the bench is really bad but the tape of the kid says more than the combine for some people. I think that JPP and Moore could be a deadly combo at DE and would instantly boost our DL

2nd round- Jamar Taylor CB Boise St. He is a four year starter so he definitely has experience. He is a good all around CB. He is good in run support and he can play (http://boards.giants.com/#) zone and man coverage. They have been saying that players from Boise have been coached like they are in the NFL so they are very pro ready. I like this kid a lot. He runs sub 4.4 as well.

3rd round- Justin Pugh OT Syracuse. He is a solid OT who could be a nice player in the NFL. Personally as a Syracuse fan I wished he would have stayed another year because he probably would be a higher prospect coming in as a Senior. Could be a nice 3rd pickup.

4th round- Montori Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin. He is a big guy who has good potential. He is a hard worker in the weight room, he has added 75 pounds since he was a Senior in High School (255 then). If he gets the right coaching I think that with his explosiveness that he has shown that he could be a very quality DT with us in the rotation of Austin and Rogers.

5th round- A.J Klein MLB Iowa State- I know everyone thinks we need Arthur Brown or Olgetree but there are people who we can get more value out of in the first few rounds. Klein in the 5th could be a huge steal. The kid is an animal and is very underrated. He has really good ball skills and can take them to the house. He is a good open field tackler with good size 6'1 250. Everyone raves about Olgetrees speed but he ran a pedestrian 4.7 and Klein is bigger and still ran a 4.66. The kid is a great teammate with a huge motor. Great value in the 5th round.

6th round A.- Michael Williams TE Alabama- great college experience with 40 starts for a college (http://boards.giants.com/#) powerhouse. He is a great blocker who almost is like another lineman out there when blocking. Runs good routes with solid hands. He is a tough guy to bring down because of his size. Not known for his speed but positives make up for the lack of speed.

6th round B- Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt. He is a solid runner who has big play ability. He does not have breakaway speed like Wilson but he does have good quickness and agility. He holds onto the ball well and is the all time leading rusher at Vandy. Great character guy who also has return experience.

7th round- Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami- He is a good player who arguably was a first round talent before he got in trouble. He claims he has changed and has become a better person. Sort of like Will Hill who we picked up. In the 7th round with someone with this kind of talent why not take a shot. His off the field issues aren't as bad as others in the draft that people on this board want so I do not see the problem with taking a shot with this kid. Low risk potentially high reward (http://boards.giants.com/#) circumstance here.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

UDFA *wildcard here* Sam McGuffie WR/RB/KR Rice- he is an interesting player for sure. he was a highly recruited RB out of Texas and went to Michigan played alright then transferred to Rice where he played RB well for a year. Finally his Senior year he switched to WR and in his first year at the position was 2nd on the team in catches with 54. He is a very athletic person, if you youtube him you will probably find his hurdling videos of him in High School. I think he could be an interesting player to bring into camp just to see what he can do haha.

gabriel_1
03-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey nice draft man, I would be doing backflips if we get Moore in the first, it's incredible what a poor combine can do to a prospects stock. As of your second round I like the decision of cornerback, I'm just not too high on Taylor. He has experience, but I'd rather someone like Amerson or Slay, that have more potential. The rest seems great, I don't think we can get A.J. Klein in the fifth but who knows :p

NYGfanSTRICK
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey nice draft man, I would be doing backflips if we get Moore in the first, it's incredible what a poor combine can do to a prospects stock. As of your second round I like the decision of cornerback, I'm just not too high on Taylor. He has experience, but I'd rather someone like Amerson or Slay, that have more potential. The rest seems great, I don't think we can get A.J. Klein in the fifth but who knows :p

I know what you mean with Amerson or Slay having a lot of upside but I like Taylor because I think that he is a all around corner. He is drawing comparisons to Ronde Barber which would be awesome if he turned into that type of player who can cover and tackle with the best of the CB's. I have read a lot that Slay has all the cover ability that you would want in a CB in the draft but he just misses a lot of tackles according to scouting reports. I mean I think if we got either in the 2nd that I would be perfectly happy with that but my personal choice is Taylor just because I like CB's that can tackle well. Klein in the 5th could be a stretch now with his combine that he had and the Senior Bowl performance. I wouldnt mind getting him in the 4th and snagging a DT in the 5th. I think we will probably sign a DT anyways in FA so I dont think that it will be as big as a need as people portray it to be.

Thanks for the feedback though man I appreciate it. Any advice or praise for my mocks makes it feel worth the time it takes to think of a pretty realistic mock that I would hope people would be in favor for. Plus I just started and I have kind of gotten addicted haha :D

ryan12
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM
good mock we share 4 pics in my most recent mock

Carter.525
03-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't know much about Hughes, time to study up.. solid mock

NYGfanSTRICK
04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Was checking out some of my mocks from last year before the draft..

Funny how much things can change from the combine to the NFL draft. We picked Pugh and Moore like I mocked... only thing is the rounds are swapped LOL!

Carter.525
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
No Nassib!!... C'mon man :D

NYGfanSTRICK
04-23-2014, 08:44 PM
No Nassib!!... C'mon man :D

Yeah pretty poor scouting on my part. I don't know how I could miss a player of his caliber lol :)

I did like him coming out of Syracuse bc I'm a fan of them but I never would have thought the Giants were interested...