PDA

View Full Version : We need Eli to step up

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Eli has played pretty poorly for the last 2 weeks.

His rating (averaged) is 53.5. He's thrown 1 TD vs 4 INT's. His completion verses the Jets was 33%.

I believe this team has a chance to make some noise if our defense can build off the Jets game and Eli and our offense can return to form.

GameTime
12-26-2011, 08:03 PM

His rating (averaged) is 53.5. He's thrown 1 TD vs 4 INT's. His completion verses the Jets was 33%.

I believe this team has a chance to make some noise if our defense can build off the Jets game and Eli and our offense can return to form.

</P>

Totally agree. Eli and the offense have taken enought time off. Its time for them to get back in sync and play a good game. Romo's stats for the last 10 games are something like 22 TDs vs 4 picks. </P>

I only bring that up because I want Eli to ****ing protect the ****ing ball!! 16 picks is bull****!!!</P>

Would also like to see the game plan geared towards short easy passes when its 3rd and short or 3rd and managable. Screw the deep pass in those situations especially since they are out of sync right now. What dumbass play calling the last few weeks especially. Move the freakin chains and get a fresh set of downs....</P>

TheReal_LT
12-26-2011, 08:37 PM

His rating (averaged) is 53.5.* He's thrown 1 TD vs 4 INT's.* His completion verses the Jets was 33%.

If we could get Manningham and Ballard back that would help Eli a lot....worse case scenerio one of them back....

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 08:38 PM

</p>

Totally agree. Eli and the offense have taken enought time off. Its time for them to get back in sync and play a good game. Romo's stats for the last 10 games are something like 22 TDs vs 4 picks. </p>

I only bring that up because I want Eli to ****ing protect the ****ing ball!! 16 picks is bull****!!!</p>

Would also like to see the game plan geared towards short easy passes when its 3rd and short or 3rd and managable. Screw the deep pass in those situations especially since they are out of sync right now. What dumbass play calling the last few weeks especially. Move the freakin chains and get a fresh set of downs....</p>

Oh man you are preaching to the choir.

Jacobs runs for 9 on 2nd down and is all pumped up.

Then he gets yanked on 3rd down - you can literally see and feel his disappointment that the coaches are not feeding off his performance.

So in comes Ware on 3rd and 1.

Eli goes long and it's not even close.

And that's why they invented alcohol.

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 08:40 PM

If we could get Manningham and Ballard back that would help Eli a lot....worse case scenerio one of them back....

Good point. Let's keep our fingers crossed we have them both back Sunday night.

Down-lifer
12-26-2011, 08:49 PM

His rating (averaged) is 53.5.* He's thrown 1 TD vs 4 INT's.* His completion verses the Jets was 33%.

Heres a better idea... Maybe that "top notch" WR, Nicks should not drop 3 TDs in two games. The WRs have been flat out awful!!!!! Running the wrong routes, dropping passes, dropping TDs, cutting off their routes that cause INTS. Eli has not played great, but no one is helping him out. VC was good against the Jets but he continued to cut his routes short. The WRs need to step it up.

TheReal_LT
12-26-2011, 08:50 PM

Good point.* Let's keep our fingers crossed we have them both back Sunday night.

I have both my fingers and toes crossed...:)

NYG4lifeNYK
12-26-2011, 09:16 PM

No he hasn't, his receivers have played VERY poorly. Eli won us the Cowboys game &amp; played well against the jets despite the drops, wrote routes &amp; penalties.. also not having Manningham or Ballard.

None of our receivers were fighting for position... it was pathetic

Not to mention the O-line was once again swish cheese

TheReal_LT
12-26-2011, 09:25 PM
"Not to mention the O-line was swiss cheese once again"

Yeah i thought it was a dumb move juggling the O-line around when we started having a semblance of a running game and Eli was getting better protection

GameTime
12-26-2011, 09:27 PM

No he hasn't, his receivers have played VERY poorly. Eli won us the Cowboys game &amp; played well against the jets despite the drops, wrote routes &amp; penalties.. also not having Manningham or Ballard.

</P>

come on...Eli has been sucking right along with the recievers. I like Eli a whole bunch but I dont make excuses for him. he has been off and to make things worse there have been drops too. </P>

Its a package deal and right now the package isnt clicking. </P>

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Heres a better idea... Maybe that "top notch" WR, Nicks should not drop 3 TDs in two games. The WRs have been flat out awful!!!!! Running the wrong routes, dropping passes, dropping TDs, cutting off their routes that cause INTS. Eli has not played great, but no one is helping him out. VC was good against the Jets but he continued to cut his routes short. The WRs need to step it up.

To say no one is helping him out is just not true. Cruz took his 11 yard pass and turned it into a 99 yard TD - the longest in team history. We gained more yards on that play then the 25 plays before that combined.

The problem IMO is Gilbride's system. What other team has as many communication issues between QB and WR's? This has been an ongoing problem ever since Eli and Gilbride have been together.

Granted, Nicks has not played great the last 2 weeks, but he doesn't have the ball in his hands every play which is why I'm calling on Eli. That long pass play was brutal against the Skins, but it's obvious he didn't see the pass because of the sun.

The pass to Beckum as an example was a terribly thrown pass - you can't fire it at a guy who's just a couple yards off the LOS. You have to have some touch.

This isn't an anti-Eli thread by any means. This is a thread is about wanting the very best from him to lead us into the playoffs.

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 09:33 PM

Swish cheese? lol.

Holes at the line are what we looking for.

BurnerNYG
12-26-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm not knocking Eli because he WAS carrying us early on but I'm starting to think that some of this miscommunication with the wideouts is on him. Not all the time but he does have a deep southern accent... maybe it be throwing guys off... probably don't be understanding what he's saying half the time.

Besides that, he gets way too many delay of game penalties for me to think otherwise. Hopefully they can step it up as a unit because we're defintely gonna need em.

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 09:34 PM
"Not to mention the O-line was swiss cheese once again"

Yeah i thought it was a dumb move juggling the O-line around when we started having a semblance of a running game and Eli was getting better protection

I agree. I would have changed a thing.

1st half we couldn't run the ball. 2nd half we could but Eli and Gilbride "knew better".

GameTime
12-26-2011, 09:34 PM

To say no one is helping him out is just not true. Cruz took his 11 yard pass and turned it into a 99 yard TD - the longest in team history. We gained more yards on that play then the 25 plays before that combined.

The problem IMO is Gilbride's system. What other team has as many communication issues between QB and WR's? This has been an ongoing problem ever since Eli and Gilbride have been together.

Granted, Nicks has not played great the last 2 weeks, but he doesn't have the ball in his hands every play which is why I'm calling on Eli. That long pass play was brutal against the Skins, but it's obvious he didn't see the pass because of the sun.

The pass to Beckum as an example was a terribly thrown pass - you can't fire it at a guy who's just a couple yards off the LOS. You have to have some touch.

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>This isn't an anti-Eli thread by any means. This is a thread is about wanting the very best from him to lead us into the playoffs.
</FONT></P>

bingo....</P>

I had mentioned too in another thread. He is forcing the ball. He doesnt need too. He is pushing and he doesnt need too. He needs to take a step back and get it all togther. </P>

Vs the Jets he throws to Barden with Revis on him.....dumb. He whips the ball at Beckum....dumb. He tries to force the ball to Thomas who has seen what...like 10 passes all year. He is making bad decisions at the moment. Not knocking him but I am just seeing what he is doing. The drops and play calling isnt helping either. </P>

Lets Go Eli and lets go offense. </P>

GameTime
12-26-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm not knocking Eli because he WAS carrying us early on but I'm starting to think that some of this miscommunication with the wideouts is on him. Not all the time but he does have a deep southern accent... maybe it be throwing guys off... probably don't be understanding what he's saying half the time. Besides that, he gets way too many delay of game penalties for me to think otherwise. Hopefully they can step it up as a unit because we're defintely gonna need em.</P>

Oh man...the delay of game and the 12 men on the field in the first offensive and defensive series freakin killed me. I almost threw the remote at the big screen. Which would have sucked and I would havemade meas stupid as the Giants were being at the moment. </P>

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm not knocking Eli because he WAS carrying us early on but I'm starting to think that some of this miscommunication with the wideouts is on him. Not all the time but he does have a deep southern accent... maybe it be throwing guys off... probably don't be understanding what he's saying half the time.

Besides that, he gets way too many delay of game penalties for me to think otherwise. Hopefully they can step it up as a unit because we're defintely gonna need em.

I blame most of the delay of game calls on KG. KG is taking too long to get Eli the plays at times. Then, in Gilbride's system, Eli has to read the defense (which takes time, especially against a Rex Ryan defense), so the delays to me are not on #10.

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 09:42 PM

<font size="4" color="#000080">This isn't an anti-Eli thread by any means. This is a thread is about wanting the very best from him to lead us into the playoffs.
</font></p>

bingo....</p>

I had mentioned too in another thread. He is forcing the ball. He doesnt need too. He is pushing and he doesnt need too. He needs to take a step back and get it all togther. </p>

Vs the Jets he throws to Barden with Revis on him.....dumb. He whips the ball at Beckum....dumb. He tries to force the ball to Thomas who has seen what...like 10 passes all year. He is making bad decisions at the moment. Not knocking him but I am just seeing what he is doing. The drops and play calling isnt helping either. </p>

Lets Go Eli and lets go offense. </p>

I would enjoy watching a game with you sometime. You and I are seeing the same thing.

Next year I'll set a game aside for Giants message-boarder's, and you are one my invite list. Bansaw is another which leaves one lucky person. lol.

[B]

miked1958
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM

Not all were his fault. And nicks by himself has dropped or put his hands in wrong place on three easy td catches in past few games

miked1958
12-26-2011, 11:30 PM

</P>

Totally agree. Eli and the offense have taken enought time off. Its time for them to get back in sync and play a good game. Romo's stats for the last 10 games are something like 22 TDs vs 4 picks. </P>

I only bring that up because I want Eli to ****ing protect the ****ing ball!! 16 picks is bull****!!!</P>

Would also like to see the game plan geared towards short easy passes when its 3rd and short or 3rd and managable. Screw the deep pass in those situations especially since they are out of sync right now. What dumbass play calling the last few weeks especially. Move the freakin chains and get a fresh set of downs....</P>
I agree. I have said over and over in last 6 or 7 weeks that I don't understand why they go deep on 3rd and shorts. Throw a screen pass PLEASE

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 11:37 PM

Sure if the WRS can help him. Ala Holding unto dropped big plays and TDS, and even the simplest of things, like running the correct route!!!

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:38 AM

Sure if the WRS can help him. Ala Holding unto dropped big plays and TDS, and even the simplest of things, like running the correct route!!!

Ever wonder why we always have guys running the wrong routes?

And when you talk about dropped passes are you referring to Travis Beckum's inability to hang onto that pass at the goal line?

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 10:02 AM
The OC is a bum and if Eli does change the plays well then its uo the coaches to say "hey smart guy" this is what you need to do here regardless...

Eli audibling to a pass with 5 minutes left in the game falls on the OC's ability to control his players...

KK is Eli biggest downfall... If they wanted Eli to be better he would call no huddle more than just in the 2 min warnings...

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm not knocking Eli because he WAS carrying us early on but I'm starting to think that some of this miscommunication with the wideouts is on him. Not all the time but he does have a deep southern accent... maybe it be throwing guys off... probably don't be understanding what he's saying half the time. Besides that, he gets way too many delay of game penalties for me to think otherwise. Hopefully they can step it up as a unit because we're defintely gonna need em.</P>

Oh man...the delay of game and the 12 men on the field in the first offensive and defensive series freakin killed me. I almost threw the remote at the big screen. Which would have sucked and I would have*made me*as stupid as the Giants were being at the moment. </P>Lol, yeah that would've been bad.

GameTime
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>This isn't an anti-Eli thread by any means. This is a thread is about wanting the very best from him to lead us into the playoffs.
</FONT></P>

bingo....</P>

I had mentioned too in another thread. He is forcing the ball. He doesnt need too. He is pushing and he doesnt need too. He needs to take a step back and get it all togther. </P>

Vs the Jets he throws to Barden with Revis on him.....dumb. He whips the ball at Beckum....dumb. He tries to force the ball to Thomas who has seen what...like 10 passes all year. He is making bad decisions at the moment. Not knocking him but I am just seeing what he is doing. The drops and play calling isnt helping either. </P>

I would enjoy watching a game with you sometime. You and I are seeing the same thing.

Next year I'll set a game aside for Giants message-boarder's, and you are one my invite list. Bansaw is another which leaves one lucky person. lol.

[B]

</P>

sounds like a plan....</P>

wings andbourbonare on me....[Y]</P>

burier
12-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game.

As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more.

Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well.

jakegibbs
12-27-2011, 10:40 AM

They could bench him & give Carr a shot too right?

GameTime
12-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game. As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more. Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well.</P>

Its def some on Eli...no doubt. But if you are calling the weather cold and windy vs the Jets and the Skins then Eli is a big ****ing ***** because the weather was fine in both games. Its football weather and not bad football weather at all. </P>

I do agree with the easy completions. Not only in the begining of the game but on 3rd and short too....sick of this high flying bull**** when they need less than 5 or 6 yeards for a first. </P>

jakegibbs
12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game.

As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more.

Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well.

They built a Stadium for the Babe but didn't consider building one for Eli. Put a cotton picking retractable roof on Met Stadium & weather would not be a factor.

Sometimes I'm just amazed about the NYG ownership. Penny pinching is all I can think of to discribe why they didn't build a mondern retractable roof statdium like everyone else has in the last decade..

GameTime
12-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game. As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more. Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well. They built a Stadium for the Babe but didn't consider building one for Eli. Put a cotton picking retractable roof on Met Stadium &amp; weather would not be a factor. Sometimes I'm just amazed about the NYG ownership. Penny pinching is all I can think of to discribe why they didn't build a mondern retractable roof statdium like everyone else has in the last decade..</P>

how do you penny pinch a billion dollar stadium???</P>

**** the roof.....play football. Do you see Lambeau or Soldierfield with a roof? How about Pittsburg, Skins, Eagles, Foxboro...etc.....</P>

Rooves are for *******....</P>

burier
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game. As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more. Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well.</P>

Its def some on Eli...no doubt. But if you are calling the weather cold and windy vs the Jets and the Skins then Eli is a big ****ing ***** because the weather was fine in both games. Its football weather and not bad football weather at all. </P>

I do agree with the easy completions. Not only in the begining of the game but on 3rd and short too....sick of this high flying bull**** when they need less than 5 or 6 yeards for a first. </P>

I actually agree the weather was fine for those games but much colder and windier than the uncharacteristically warm stuff that we've gotten all threw novembers and december.

jakegibbs
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game. As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more. Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well. They built a Stadium for the Babe but didn't consider building one for Eli. Put a cotton picking retractable roof on Met Stadium & weather would not be a factor. Sometimes I'm just amazed about the NYG ownership. Penny pinching is all I can think of to discribe why they didn't build a mondern retractable roof statdium like everyone else has in the last decade..</P>

**** the roof.....play football. Do you see Lambeau or Soldierfield with a roof? How about Pittsburg, Skins, Eagles, Foxboro...etc.....</P>

If they paid a billion for Met Stadium they was robbed. How much of the money went for payoffs?

GameTime
12-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game. As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more. Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well. They built a Stadium for the Babe but didn't consider building one for Eli. Put a cotton picking retractable roof on Met Stadium &amp; weather would not be a factor. Sometimes I'm just amazed about the NYG ownership. Penny pinching is all I can think of to discribe why they didn't build a mondern retractable roof statdium like everyone else has in the last decade..</P>

If they paid a billion for Met Stadium they was robbed. How much of the money went for payoffs?</P>

Ripped off or not its what they paid. Either way.....domes and rooves are for *******...</P>

The stadium is owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority (/wiki/New_Jersey_Sports_and_Exposition_Authority) on paper however, the two teams jointly built the stadium using private funds, and administer it jointly through the MetLife Stadium Company. The stadium opened as New Meadowlands Stadium on April 10, 2010, featuring the Big City Classic (/wiki/Big_City_Classic) lacrosse event.<SUP id=cite_ref-Soft_open_1-1 class=reference><SPAN>[</SPAN>2<SPAN>]</SPAN> (#cite_note-Soft_open-1)</SUP> In 2011, MetLife (/wiki/MetLife), an insurance company based in New York City (/wiki/New_York_City), acquired the naming rights to the stadium. At a construction cost of approximately $1.6 billion, it is the most expensive NFL stadium ever built, and is the largest stadium in the NFL in terms of permanent seating capacity (/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity)</P>

jakegibbs
12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Eli has cooled off and I know the recievers haven't helped but what's concerning is. Eli has been lights out all year until the two games where the weather hasn't bee so great. (Cold, windy) The weather not getting any better so we really need to run the ball and reel in the passing game so that its an extentsion of the running game. As was said earlier. We need MUCH MORE high percentage passing in our offense especially at this time of year. Everything can't be 15 yards down the field or more. Also if Eli is a little cold at the begining of a game that's the time time to get him a few easy completions to warm him up. We know the guy can hit 20 passes in a row so more needs to be done from a playcalling standpoint to get him going. Some of that may be on Eli as well. They built a Stadium for the Babe but didn't consider building one for Eli. Put a cotton picking retractable roof on Met Stadium & weather would not be a factor. Sometimes I'm just amazed about the NYG ownership. Penny pinching is all I can think of to discribe why they didn't build a mondern retractable roof statdium like everyone else has in the last decade..</P>

If they paid a billion for Met Stadium they was robbed. How much of the money went for payoffs?</P>

Ripped off or not its what they paid. Either way.....domes and rooves are for *******...</P>

The stadium is owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority (/wiki/New_Jersey_Sports_and_Exposition_Authority) on paper however, the two teams jointly built the stadium using private funds, and administer it jointly through the MetLife Stadium Company. The stadium opened as New Meadowlands Stadium on April 10, 2010, featuring the Big City Classic (/wiki/Big_City_Classic) lacrosse event.<SUP id=cite_ref-Soft_open_1-1 class=reference><SPAN>[</SPAN>2<SPAN>]</SPAN> (#cite_note-Soft_open-1)</SUP> In 2011, MetLife (/wiki/MetLife), an insurance company based in New York City (/wiki/New_York_City), acquired the naming rights to the stadium. At a construction cost of approximately $1.6 billion, it is the most expensive NFL stadium ever built, and is the largest stadium in the NFL in terms of permanent seating capacity (/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity)</P>

They built it too large to accomidate a roof if I'm reading it right. Just wanted more paying customers. It's always; & will always be about the money. At least back in Babe's time they were a lot smarter because back then it was all about Championships.

lawl
12-27-2011, 11:38 AM

They built it too large to accomidate a roof if I'm reading it right. Just wanted more paying customers. It's always; &amp; will always be about the money. At least back in Babe's time they were a lot smarter because back then it was all about Championships.</P>

They couldve put a roof on it. They said they didn't want to.</P>

Every team we play at home has to deal with the exact same weather as we do. </P>

</P>

ryan12
12-27-2011, 11:48 AM

i agree we need him to step up and he WILL

rebelfan1966
12-27-2011, 11:51 AM

</P>

I agree, time to bench that bum Manning.... and start Carr.</P>

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 11:52 AM

</P>

You should leave this kind of thing to the professionals.

TroyArcher
12-27-2011, 11:54 AM
It would help if his receivers didn't drop so many passes.

rebelfan1966
12-27-2011, 11:57 AM

</P>

You should leave this kind of thing to the professionals.</P>

</P>

I forgot the red text....</P>

</P>

rebelfan1966
12-27-2011, 11:57 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 12:10 PM

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

LOL

Delicreep
12-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Well...someone had to say it.

Set aside all the things Eli cannot effect (tipped balls, drops, etc) and you are still left with things Eli needs to get back into top form for us to win against Dallas and to even try and make a run.

I will specifically say the dreaded "bad pass" that turns into a pick is #1.
Those fly, we lose this game.

And yes, I understand that more is on Eli's shoulders than ever before, and that we rely on the passing game because our run game is at best inconsistent.
It is what it is and he needs to carry that load.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 01:50 PM

They built it too large to accomidate a roof if I'm reading it right. Just wanted more paying customers. It's always; & will always be about the money. At least back in Babe's time they were a lot smarter because back then it was all about Championships.</P>

They couldve put a roof on it. They said they didn't want to.</P>

Every team we play at home has to deal with the exact same weather as we do. </P>

*</P>

I just thought since 2 teams shared this place it should have been 2 times the size of the average team's... I mean its 2 revenues...

bashful
12-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree go no huddle and turn him loose and keep the troll out of it/

bigblue58
12-27-2011, 02:55 PM

Do you people actually watch the games? The last 2 weeks there were so many drops that I lost count, and 3 of those 4 INT's were deflections off of Giants receivers.
You people have to stop reading stats after a game is over..... and posting nonsense, and actually WATCH the games, because what you are writing bears no resemblance to Eli's actual performance the last 2 weeks! His receivers need to step up.....not Eli

GameTime
12-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Do you people actually watch the games? The last 2 weeks there were so many drops that I lost count, and 3 of those 4 INT's were deflections off of Giants receivers. You people have to stop reading stats after a game is over..... and posting nonsense, and actually WATCH because what you are writing is not how my own two eyes remembers from the last 2 weeks!</P>

the Gianst are second in the NFL in drops. That just didnt happen the last two weeks. Drops have been happening all season. The last two weeks Eli has been off. Of course the drops are there and some questionable play calling but if you cant see that Eli is out of sync then maybe I am seeing things differently then you are. Prior to the last two weeks Eli and the passing game was great. The running game sucked. Now that is getting on track and the passing game is missing a little bit. Gotta get all on track for Sunday and beyond. I love Eli. I just want to see him protect the ball better and get back to the passign game they had prior to the Skins game. </P>

BTW....9/27 is not all on the receivers.....</P>

RoanokeFan
12-27-2011, 03:02 PM

With the recent mental turn around we've seen from Justin Tuck, courtesy of TC's sit down, I think we are going to see a much improved defense this Sunday. If the passing game can get back on track to complement the newly rejuvenated running game, we may well be hitting our stride in January. Perfect timing even if it's just happenstance.

NY_Eli
12-27-2011, 03:04 PM
To be fair, some drops are actually the quarterback's fault.

A perfect pass into a tiny window can be a mistake when there are two defenders there to POP the receiver as soon as he touches the ball.

But of course, most drops are just mental mistakes.

RoanokeFan
12-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Do you people actually watch the games? The last 2 weeks there were so many drops that I lost count, and 3 of those 4 INT's were deflections off of Giants receivers.
You people have to stop reading stats after a game is over..... and posting nonsense, and actually WATCH the games, because what you are writing bears no resemblance to Eli's actual performance the last 2 weeks! His receivers need to step up.....not Eli

Two of the people dropping those balls have made team history by both going over 1,000 yards and one of them has just broken Amani Toomer's single season record. Of course dropping passes is a problem, but it's not the whole story. I have more confidence in our receiving corps than any other unit of the team. I do have as much confidence in Tynes and Weatherford as the legs of the team. I just don't feel confident in ST's as a unit, yet.

burier
12-27-2011, 03:16 PM
theres really no way around it. Eli has not been himself the last two weeks.

All season his accuracy has actually been ridiculous. He's been basically handing it off guys 40 yards down field. In all my years watching football I've never seen anyone put the ball on a spot so far down field with so much consistency.

But these last two weeks the balls havent been quite as on target. Sure we got drops and everything but just watching Eli play he's hasn't played quite as well.

NYG 5
12-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Eli just has no confidence right now.

Nicks played like **** and was held the whole game, Barden never wanted to come to the ball, but Eli was pressing a lot this game, and forced a lot downfield.

He needs to grab the giants by the balls and drag them kicking and screaming into the playoffs

Ruttiger711
12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Nicks sure td drop in the skins game and the pass to Cruz this week that eventually led to Bradshaw's first td were great great passes. Its still all there.

Washington was up 10 and Eli started acting rushed and did not look good..like he was forcing his way back in the game down 3 tds or something. He didnt appear that way in the Jets game to me and was met up with some very good secondary play. I think his confidence is good and hes shaken off the skins game.

On Cruz's td - the line did an awesome job setting up that initial pocket until a lb broke fee inside ...Eli hung in there and hit Cruz for his amazing run.

I have a feeling the O will do really well against Dallas.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 03:34 PM

Please. You're post is dripping with bias. If not why wouldn't you acknowledge the one TD pass was all Cruz?

So it's all on the receivers? Perhaps the receivers are at fault for failing to instruct Eli to not change run plays to a pass plays when we need to eat the clock?
Eli has been part of the problem the last couple weeks.

It wo

RoanokeFan
12-27-2011, 03:40 PM
theres really no way around it. Eli has not been himself the last two weeks.

All season his accuracy has actually been ridiculous. He's been basically handing it off guys 40 yards down field. In all my years watching football I've never seen anyone put the ball on a spot so far down field with so much consistency.

But these last two weeks the balls havent been quite as on target. Sure we got drops and everything but just watching Eli play he's hasn't played quite as well.

Well, if he's not going to be himself, could he at least be Drew Brees? [:D]

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 03:46 PM

</p>

I agree, time to bench that bum Manning.... and start Carr.</p>

Typical homer passive aggressive response. You're simply are incapable of critical discussion of your boy. He's not perfect, get over it.

Looking for his A game is not dissing the guy. We need him at his best, and we haven't gotten that for 2 straight weeks. That's reality.

jjj45
12-27-2011, 04:08 PM

Please. You're post is dripping with bias. If not why wouldn't you acknowledge the one TD pass was all Cruz?

So it's all on the receivers? Perhaps the receivers are at fault for failing to instruct Eli to not change run plays to a pass plays when we need to eat the clock?
Eli has been part of the problem the last couple weeks.

It wo

Cmon Roosevelt, like you have no bias in you post....we all know that you are critical of Manning and thats your opinion. Its the way you are and people have now come to expect it.

No doubt our offense has been cringe worthy these past two weeks. And of course Eli is not exempt from that. I've nearly pulled my hair out in the inability to move the football when our D would actually come up with a stop.

Let me point out that we have faced two very good defenses these past two weeks. Its no secret that Eli has struggled. That and the fact that our receivers have dropped a lot of passes at inopportune times. That kills momentum and makes Eli more risky with the ball. How can he play to the fullest of his abilities if he cant trust receiver to make a simple catch? It throws off the rhythm of the passing game far more than you care to admit.

You can be sure that he wont have trouble against Dallas. He took care of them last game. In fact what team in the playoffs has a defense of the same calibre that we have faced these last couple of weeks?

Also whats the problem with Eli changing the play when the defense knew 100% that we were gonna run? He saw that the box was stacked and checked out. If you ask me, you have a better chance to convert a pass then running at a loaded front given our rungame situation. Also that moving the chains was more inportant then burning clock. It was ballsy and a nice change from what we all harp on as "predictability". I was fine with the call. Yeah we didnt get it, but thats honestly what you want your QB to try do in pressure situations.

buddy33
12-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I made the se point in another thread. We do have to remember that he did not have Manningh or Ballard this past game. I think Manningham is a very good WR and it's funny because so many want him out of here. He may be the most dynamic WR on this team and that's saying a lot with guys like Nicks and Cruz on this team. I think people are being a little hard on Nicks. Yeah, the TD drop against Washington was big, but he had some at he's after that. That ONE play early in the game is not the reason they lost.

This past week he made a very nice catch and while he did have one bad drop he was also going against Revis who is considered the best in the business and gets away with a lot of contact. Oh, and to this day I'd like to know what they where doing throwing that high risk pass after they recovered the fumble. That is one TC needs to take care of with KG.

Back to Eli, yes he has been great all year. However, he has had a history of struggling late in the season at home. Against Washington he was off and they do have a good secondary. The Jets also have a very good secondary.

Honestly, Jacobs and Bradshaw have been running hard. Jacibs does not like Dallas and seems to run well on them. I wouldn't mind seeing a good running attack this week. It did seem like the Dallas wanted nothing to do with Jacobs the 1st game.

yoeddy
12-27-2011, 04:52 PM

To say no one is helping him out is just not true.* Cruz took his 11 yard pass and turned it into a 99 yard TD - the longest in team history.* We gained more yards on that play then the 25 plays before that combined.
The problem IMO is Gilbride's system.* What other team has as many communication issues between QB and WR's?* This has been an ongoing problem ever since Eli and Gilbride have been together.

Granted, Nicks has not played great the last 2 weeks, but he doesn't have the ball in his hands every play which is why I'm calling on Eli.* That long pass play was brutal against the Skins, but it's obvious he didn't see the pass because of the sun.

The pass to Beckum as an example was a terribly thrown pass - you can't fire it at a guy who's just a couple yards off the LOS.* You have to have some touch.

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>This isn't an anti-Eli thread by any means.* This is a thread is about wanting the very best from him to lead us into the playoffs.
</FONT></P>

bingo....</P>

He was missing Manningham and Ballard...two guys who he has some chemistry with...and when he sees Nicks and Cruz covered, his instinct is to go to the other guys. Except in this game, the other guys were Barden and Beckum/Pascoe, guys who might not be as talented in running their routs and catching the ball. In those cases, what's he supposed to do? Throw into coverages to Nicks and Cruz? He can't be scared to throw to guys just because they are inexperienced...he's got to assume they are doing their job. Otherwise, why even put them on the field? If the team doesn't think that Barden and Beckum can get the job done, then they should just run the offense without putting them on the field...

Ruttiger711
12-27-2011, 04:59 PM

<font color="#000080" size="4">This isn't an anti-Eli thread by any means. This is a thread is about wanting the very best from him to lead us into the playoffs.
</font></p>

bingo....</p>

I had mentioned too in another thread. He is forcing the ball. He doesnt need too. He is pushing and he doesnt need too. He needs to take a step back and get it all togther. </p>

Vs the Jets he throws to Barden with Revis on him.....dumb. He whips the ball at Beckum....dumb. He tries to force the ball to Thomas who has seen what...like 10 passes all year. He is making bad decisions at the moment. Not knocking him but I am just seeing what he is doing. The drops and play calling isnt helping either. </p>

Lets Go Eli and lets go offense. </p>

He was missing Manningham and Ballard...two guys who he has some chemistry with...and when he sees Nicks and Cruz covered, his instinct is to go to the other guys. Except in this game, the other guys were Barden and Beckum/Pascoe, guys who might not be as talented in running their routs and catching the ball. In those cases, what's he supposed to do? Throw into coverages to Nicks and Cruz? He can't be scared to throw to guys just because they are inexperienced...he's got to assume they are doing their job. Otherwise, why even put them on the field? If the team doesn't think that Barden and Beckum can get the job done, then they should just run the offense without putting them on the field...

whether good or bad, Eli was not afraid to throw Revis' way, he just went to who he thought was open... Revis made some great plays.

I mean would anyone have even thought for a second that a pass would be thrown to a Jernigan/Revis combo?

Gianthunter
12-27-2011, 05:13 PM

</P>

Typical homer passive aggressive response. You're simply are incapable of critical discussion of your boy. He's not perfect, get over it.

Looking for his A game is not dissing the guy. We need him at his best, and we haven't gotten that for 2 straight weeks. That's reality.
YOUR BOY is fairly passive-aggressive response also.And it's whacked to single out any phase for "special scrutiny". They all need to play like an NFL team.

chasjay
12-27-2011, 05:30 PM
To me, the only reason Eli needs to be singled out to "step up" is because of the importance of his performance to the outcome of the game. I may not have seen the same games as some others, or focused on the same things, but in no way has Eli stunk it up the past couple of weeks - he has played his position much better than the game stats indicate. There is no one on the roster, including Eli, who doesn't need to "step up" for this game - which, in fact, is a playoff game.

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
To me, the only reason Eli needs to be singled out to "step up" is because of the importance of his performance to the outcome of the game. I may not have seen the same games as some others, or focused on the same things, but in no way has Eli stunk it up the past couple of weeks - he has played his position much better than the game stats indicate. There is no one on the roster, including Eli, who doesn't need to "step up" for this game - which, in fact, is a playoff game.

That's true to some extent but it's unrealistic as well. When times are desperate you need your best players to carry the team.

That means Eli.

I mean, be realistic...who on else on the team is capable of carrying the team? That's right, no one. Certainly not the defense.

That leaves the offense which is led by Manning. That's just how it is.

chasjay
12-27-2011, 05:49 PM

That's true to some extent but it's unrealistic as well. When times are desperate you need your best players to carry the team.

That means Eli.

I mean, be realistic...who on else on the team is capable of carrying the team? That's right, no one. Certainly not the defense.

I agree and that's what I was trying to say with my first sentence about the importance of his performance - I guess I didn't come across too clearly.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 06:22 PM

That means Eli.

Very true. The whole team has rallied around Eli the entire season. I don't think it's unfair to call on him for that leadership right now.

In my OP I wrote:

I believe this team has a chance to make some noise if our defense can
build off the Jets game and Eli and our offense can return to form.

I think that statement is very fair.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 06:30 PM

</p>

I agree, time to bench that bum Manning.... and start Carr.</p>

YOUR BOY is fairly passive-aggressive response also.And it's whacked to single out any phase for "special scrutiny". They all need to play like an NFL team.

"Your boy" is appropriate in this case as this poster has no problem disparaging other Giants, just don't "pick" on poor defenseless Eli.

My point was our offense has not shown up for the last 2 weeks. I'm calling on Eli to lead this team right now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Nicks played like **** and was held the whole game, Barden never wanted to come to the ball, but Eli was pressing a lot this game, and forced a lot downfield.

He needs to grab the giants by the balls and drag them kicking and screaming into the playoffs

Truth.

Barden and Nicks were very disappointing to watch. They both needed to raise their intensity level to outwork the defense. Barden looked just awful.

But common sense says you throw at anyone but Revis. Why the hell were we throwing it at Revis all game? I'd say that was poor decision making by Eli.

scf424
12-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Everyone on the team needs to step up.

But I agree, Eli needs to as well. No stupid throws, if a checkdown is open, and Nicks/Cruz isn't, take the 4 yard gain.

Another thing, let's get out of the huddle faster this week, it seemed like it was going down to the last 2 seconds every other play last week.

Gotta get the receivers on the same page.

Slunk3AM
12-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Truth.

Barden and Nicks were very disappointing to watch.* They both needed to raise their intensity level to outwork the defense.* Barden looked just awful.

But common sense says you throw at anyone but Revis.* Why the hell were we throwing it at Revis all game?* I'd say that was poor decision making by Eli.

I think it is important that Eli and the rest of the Giants offense have the confidence that they can throw successfully against a good defensive back like Revis. It wouldn't be saying much to our players if our our play-callers show zero trust in them when going against top level players.

I believe that there's nothing wrong with challenging the best players to make plays and earn their money's worth. Besides, our players are capable of playing at a high level... I just don't see anything wrong with testing somebody, anybody.

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 09:42 PM

Truth.

Barden and Nicks were very disappointing to watch. They both needed to raise their intensity level to outwork the defense. Barden looked just awful.

But common sense says you throw at anyone but Revis. Why the hell were we throwing it at Revis all game? I'd say that was poor decision making by Eli.

I think it is important that Eli and the rest of the Giants offense have the confidence that they can throw successfully against a good defensive back like Revis. It wouldn't be saying much to our players if our our play-callers show zero trust in them when going against top level players.

I believe that there's nothing wrong with challenging the best players to make plays and earn their money's worth. Besides, our players are capable of playing at a high level... I just don't see anything wrong with testing somebody, anybody.

I hear ya, but if I want to ensure a win I want to pick on their weak link.

In tennis if a guy has a great forehand and week backhand you would have to be a fool to keep going forehand to the guy.

Revis is the best. Why not pick on the Cromartie?

chasjay
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM

That means Eli.

Very true. The whole team has rallied around Eli the entire season. I don't think it's unfair to call on him for that leadership right now.

In my OP I wrote:

I believe this team has a chance to make some noise if our defense can
build off the Jets game and Eli and our offense can return to form.

I think that statement is very fair.

+1

jjj45
12-27-2011, 10:13 PM

Truth.

Cause Eli is a badass?

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM

Truth.

Cause Eli is a badass?

Sometimes. lol.

JMGGIANTS
12-27-2011, 10:47 PM

LOL, first Eli does not have a deep southern accent. Secondly, he was born/raised in New Orleans where natives don't have a southern drawl.

Morehead State
12-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Eli just has no confidence right now. Nicks played like **** and was held the whole game, Barden never wanted to come to the ball, but Eli was pressing a lot this game, and forced a lot downfield. He needs to grab the giants by the balls and drag them kicking and screaming into the playoffs

Truth.

I think it is important that Eli and the rest of the Giants offense have the confidence that they can throw successfully against a good defensive back like Revis. It wouldn't be saying much to our players if our our play-callers show zero trust in them when going against top level players. I believe that there's nothing wrong with challenging the best players to make plays and earn their money's worth. Besides, our players are capable of playing at a high level... I just don't see anything wrong with testing somebody, anybody.

Cause Eli is a badass?
</P>

He might stir up a lot of chaos for the Cowboys.</P>

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM

LOL, first Eli does not have a deep southern accent. Secondly, he was born/raised in New Orleans where natives don't have a southern drawal.Hahaha, yeah right! Eli has some kind of weird way of talking... and so does Peyton. Maybe they're used to talking with all that chewing tobacco in their mouth.

JMGGIANTS
12-27-2011, 10:58 PM

LOL, first Eli does not have a deep southern accent. Secondly, he was born/raised in New Orleans where natives don't have a southern drawal.Hahaha, yeah right! Eli has some kind of weird way of talking... and so does Peyton. Maybe they're used to talking with all that chewing tobacco in their mouth.
Yep, it is called "Yat". I used to live in N.O. When I first moved there I expected a southern drawl so I was surprised they didn't have one. I am not saying you are wrong that they do sound different than us, LOL.

TheEnigma
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM

LOL, first Eli does not have a deep southern accent. Secondly, he was born/raised in New Orleans where natives don't have a southern drawal.Hahaha, yeah right! Eli has some kind of weird way of talking... and so does Peyton. Maybe they're used to talking with all that chewing tobacco in their mouth.that famous southern drawl northerners always hear about is more so around in the Alabama/Florida Panhandle area and then in parts of Mississippi and Georgia. Everyone knows that Southern Florida is just rich northerners :P

Take it from a guy that lived in Jersey for a good part of his life and then lived in the Panhandle area for another 10. Eli's accent is fine.

VBGiantsFan
12-27-2011, 11:02 PM
The Jets have the 5th rated passing defense.

The Redskins have the 11th rated passing defense.

The Cowboys ahve the 23rd rated passing defense.

I expect Eli to have a MUCH better game than his previous 2. Hope the defense can keep up their momentum!

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 11:31 PM

LOL, first Eli does not have a deep southern accent. Secondly, he was born/raised in New Orleans where natives don't have a southern drawal.Hahaha, yeah right! Eli has some kind of weird way of talking... and so does Peyton. Maybe they're used to talking with all that chewing tobacco in their mouth.that famous southern drawl northerners always hear about is more so around in the Alabama/Florida Panhandle area and then in parts of Mississippi and Georgia. Everyone knows that Southern Florida is just rich northerners :P

Take it from a guy that lived in Jersey for a good part of his life and then lived in the Panhandle area for another 10. Eli's accent is fine.I lived down in VA for 4 years (I plan on going back) and that's not even considered deep south but those bamas down there are coooouuuuntry... lol. That Go-Go music almost drove me crazy.

Maybe I should've said something besides southern accent... it's definitely an accent though. Just like people from Boston sounds different from people in NY.

My mom is from Pensacola Florida... we stayed out there for like 2 years when I was a kid. I was too young to remember the accents but I remember my dog BJ, well actually the neighbor's dog that protected us and this fresh lil 6 yr old blonde girl sticking her tongue in my mouth when we was playing house... haha.

DragonSoul
12-28-2011, 12:23 AM

And when you talk about dropped passes are you referring to Travis Beckum's inability to hang onto that pass at the goal line?
Ever wonder why its always Mario and Cruz?

Nicks Tds, catches, not just beckums.

Roosevelt
12-28-2011, 10:49 AM

Ever wonder why its always Mario and Cruz?

Nicks Tds, catches, not just beckums.

I've seen ALL our receivers running routes that Eli does not expect, going back to Eli and Gilbride's earliest days.

Obviously I watch the Giants more than any other team, but I never see our opponent having as many mis-communication issues as us.

And I really don't care about laying the blame on anyone. All I know is it is an offensive issue we have not just a receiver issue. As an example, when Eli got picked on that fade when Mario ran a "fade-stop", Mario did the right thing. Eli was simply going for another fade like he has all too often, but the DB knew it and ran right to the corner in anticipation. When the DB takes away the corner, the receiver is supposed to run the "stop". So while you are blaming Mario, I'm not.

The pass to Beckum had no "touch" whatsoever. The ball bounced off his hands and we were lucky it wasn't picked. I don't blame Travis on that play one bit.

Truth is everyone needs to play better on offense and that includes our QB.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Ever wonder why its always Mario and Cruz? Nicks Tds, catches, not just beckums.

I've seen ALL our receivers running routes that Eli does not expect, going back to Eli and Gilbride's earliest days.

Obviously I watch the Giants more than any other team, but I never see our opponent having as many mis-communication issues as us.

And I really don't care about laying the blame on anyone. All I know is it is an offensive issue we have not just a receiver issue. As an example, when Eli got picked on that fade when Mario ran a "fade-stop", Mario did the right thing. Eli was simply going for another fade like he has all too often, but the DB knew it and ran right to the corner in anticipation. When the DB takes away the corner, the receiver is supposed to run the "stop". So while you are blaming Mario, I'm not.

The pass to Beckum had no "touch" whatsoever. The ball bounced off his hands and we were lucky it wasn't picked. I don't blame Travis on that play one bit.

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>Truth is everyone needs to play better on offense and that includes our QB</FONT>.
</P>

Dont know why this sentiment is such a big deal. Eli has been off the last two weeks....so have the receivers. Easy to see and very evident. Receivers have dropped passes and Eli has thrown poorly and has made bad decisions at times. It happens. This Sunday night they need to get their act together. </P>

</P>

Roosevelt
12-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Ever wonder why its always Mario and Cruz? Nicks Tds, catches, not just beckums.

<font color="#000080" size="4">Truth is everyone needs to play better on offense and that includes our QB</font>.
</p>

Dont know why this sentiment is such a big deal. Eli has been off the last two weeks....so have the receivers. Easy to see and very evident. Receivers have dropped passes and Eli has thrown poorly and has made bad decisions at times. It happens. This Sunday night they need to get their act together. </p>

</p>

</p>

Exactly.
</p>

</p>