PDA

View Full Version : I have a serious question: Why do we NEVER have wide open receivers like other teams? Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Falcons etc..

NYG4lifeNYK
12-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I have to think one big reason is the fact that we don't have a TE to take pressure off our receivers & give them a little more cushion.

Another has to be Kevin Kill-a-Drive. His offense is far too complex which is why we CONSTANTLY every game have miscommunications..

Are we one of the only teams who has this many miscommunications on defense AND offense?

TrueBlue07
12-26-2011, 09:43 PM
giants are one of, if not the, best big play offensive teams in the nfl....not sure what you're talking about.

MikeSherrard
12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Eli Manning has thrown for 4500 Yards. Either

A- Guys are getting open

B- He is the best QB of all time because 4500 yards is a lot if the guys are NEVER open as you've stipulated above.

-JD

NYG4lifeNYK
12-26-2011, 10:10 PM
It's a simple question. Why do we never have wide open receivers like other teams do?

I didn't say we don't have receivers that can make big plays. I simply said we never get any easy plays for the most part.

It seems like most plays we make has to be a spectacular catch.

scf424
12-26-2011, 10:11 PM
we don't have a run game, so teams drop more in coverage?

Tenspro2002
12-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I think you'd have a reasonable post if you limit your complaining to the goal line.

You frequently see teams like Green Bay, New England, New Orleans run pass plays at the goal line which end up with a tight end all alone at the back of the end zone. Somehow our goal line pass plays are restricted to fades.

stormblue
12-26-2011, 10:39 PM
what we don't have are those good 5 to 7 yard dink-n-dunk plays like your "west coast" style
systems employ.these are great for moving the chains when the running game stutters.
do you notice on 3rd and 5 type plays we try 20 yard passes or an inside draw instead of that 6 yard quick hitter for a first down....like everybody we play does to us.
we are all about the vertical game.
its too bad too.....cuz that would take us to another level offensively.

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 07:15 AM
We had a lot of explosive plays this year. Stop blaming Gilbride...U think he has the ONLY complexed playbook in the league? Patriots have a tough complexed offense that Chad Ochocinco is still trying to understand. We just have dumb players who arent always on the same page as Eli. Our Receivers need to GROW in this offense, the sad thing is....Reese always letting young weapons walk in the offseason. How can u not have miscommunications when Reese takes away a weapon from Eli every single season. Last year alone we lost Boss and Steve Smith...and we had guys learning the slot for the 1st time. So stop blaming Gilbride for mistakes thats going to happen when having young guys. The Saints, Packers, Cowboys etc. kept their weapons on the roster for a long time...they only release veterans when they kno they have a young guy ready to carry the load.

Reese throws his young guys into the fire whether they are ready or not....Its almost a trial and error thing with Reese.

fansince69
12-27-2011, 07:39 AM
I believe that if you watch the first Cowboy game Manningham was very wide open and skipped into the end zone.How quickly we forget.

jakegibbs
12-27-2011, 07:44 AM
I have to think one big reason is the fact that we don't have a TE to take pressure off our receivers & give them a little more cushion.

Another has to be Kevin Kill-a-Drive. His offense is far too complex which is why we CONSTANTLY every game have miscommunications..

Are we one of the only teams who has this many miscommunications on defense AND offense?

When Nicks dropped the pass from Manning 2 weeks ago if that's not WIDE OPEN then I'm missing your definition of the term WIDE OPEN. He was 10 yards clear of the Skins defenders & whoops dropped another one.

krygny
12-27-2011, 07:46 AM
I believe that if you watch the first Cowboy game Manningham was very wide open and skipped into the end zone.How quickly we forget.

Most importantly, he caught the ball.

chasjay
12-27-2011, 08:12 AM
If your point was that on a game-in, game-out basis that our receivers seem to have less separation from defenders than some other teams do, I could agree with you. But saying that we never have wide open receivers goes a bit extreme. Two to three feet of separation is a TIGHT window - one to two yards of separation is WIDE OPEN. One foot or less it's anybody's ball.

buddy33
12-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Ballard has seemed to be WIDE open on most of his catches. Cruz has had his share of wide open catches as well as Nicks and Manningham. Honestly I don't agree with this at all.

yoeddy
12-27-2011, 08:18 AM
It's a simple question. Why do we never have wide open receivers like other teams do?

I didn't say we don't have receivers that can make big plays. I simply said we never get any easy plays for the most part.

How "wide open" are you looking for? Manningham didn't have a defender closer than 15 yards on his TD reception against the Cowboys a couple of weeks ago.

GameTime
12-27-2011, 08:38 AM

</P>

???
maybe watch a few games.......</P>

Can they be better....sure they can but they are very good. </P>

Captain Chaos
12-27-2011, 08:40 AM

How "wide open" are you looking for? Manningham didn't have a defender closer than 15 yards on his TD reception against the Cowboys a couple of weeks ago.

I'm glad someone's remembered this, I read this and thought that there were at least one in the Cowboy's and Redskin's games....

GameTime
12-27-2011, 08:42 AM

How "wide open" are you looking for? Manningham didn't have a defender closer than 15 yards on his TD reception against the Cowboys a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad someone's remembered this, I read this and thought that there were at least one in the Cowboy's and Redskin's games....</P>

Beckum vs the Packers...</P>

Nicks...drops for TDs..open....lol. </P>

Cruz open.....much of the time...</P>

the thread is a bit nutty...</P>

</P>

njsean
12-27-2011, 09:36 AM
There are receivers that are open on every play for every team. It's impossible it seems to have everyone locked up.

It's just a matter of where the QBs progression gets them. The reads and how fast they progress through them. Some QBs are faster than others.

nyginpattown
12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
The defense is also a factor. Other teams corners dont give as much cushion as ours do or play as much zone as we do. Their recievers seem so open because they find that soft spot in the zone and stop to recieve a "wide open" catch.

I Bleed Blue
12-27-2011, 09:49 AM

I have a simple question for you. What have you been smoking? Are you watching the same team that we are? In spite of Gilbride, this team lives off the big play. If it were not for the many drops, we would have even more big plays to look back on. This post was just plain bad.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
The routes are to long... I watch the replays and the WRs backs are to Eli 1015 yatds down the feild every pass play... We make it easy for the defense because our online is forced to block so long...

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 09:56 AM

I have a simple question for you. What have you been smoking? Are you watching the same team that we are? In spite of Gilbride, this team lives off the big play. If it were not for the many drops, we would have even more big plays to look back on. This post was just plain bad.

Sorry on 3rd and 1 we dont need a big play we need a 1st down... #endastory...

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Against the Jets, I saw Barden open and Eli threw it to Cruz and then I saw Cruz open in the middle and Eli threw it to Barden. Don't believe me, go rewratch the game.

nyginpattown
12-27-2011, 09:59 AM

I have a simple question for you. What have you been smoking? Are you watching the same team that we are? In spite of Gilbride, this team lives off the big play. If it were not for the many drops, we would have even more big plays to look back on. This post was just plain bad.We do lead the league in plays over 20 yds, I believe but take Cruzs' 99 yd td for example. He wasnt "wide open". Eli hit him with a perfectly timed throw and he split two defenders with a great side step. They were right on him but he made a great move and took it to the house. I think the "wide open" NYG4life is talking about is when recievers sit between our lb's and secondary and noone seems to be near them.

Ruttiger711
12-27-2011, 10:14 AM
The routes are to long... I watch the replays and the WRs backs are to Eli 1015 yatds down the feild every pass play... We make it easy for the defense because our online is forced to block so long...

Definitely...

IMO KG is a little too arrogant in his confidence of his "system" where he should be placing confidence in the receiver themselves to get open on a single route... no "if's and then's".. just run the damn pattern - get open and get the ball.

Not saying he should do this all the time because his system has been proven effective...but on the next 3rd and short I would go all in that its a long pass play.

yoeddy
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM

Definitely...

IMO KG is a little too arrogant in his confidence of his "system" where he should be placing confidence in the receiver themselves to get open on a single route... no "if's and then's".. just run the damn pattern - get open and get the ball.

Not saying he should do this all the time because his system has been proven effective...but on the next 3rd and short I would go all in that its a long pass play.*

The problem in our passing game hasn't been the routes being too long...it's been the receivers dropping passes they should catch.

Ruttiger711
12-27-2011, 10:34 AM

Definitely...

Not saying he should do this all the time because his system has been proven effective...but on the next 3rd and short I would go all in that its a long pass play.

The problem in our passing game hasn't been the routes being too long...it's been the receivers dropping passes they should catch.

thats true too... Nicks has drops both on a short and long one.

burier
12-27-2011, 10:38 AM
just two weeks ago against dallas we had guys running open all over the place. (Manningham litterally walked the ball into the endzone.)

We're the most explosive offense in the league.

the last couple games we have played tough secondaries. "Those guys get paid too"