PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bennett "Probably" Done In Tampa Bay

RoanokeFan
03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257118/michael-bennett-probably-done-in-tampa-bay

Carter.525
03-08-2013, 12:44 PM
come to NY.. and bring your brother..

B-Red22
03-08-2013, 01:49 PM
He is probably done cause he wants big money, he won't get that here

gmen0820
03-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Unless you're a household name DE, like Peppers was a couple years ago, I don't want you. Bennett is a guy that teams are gonna see, convince themselves that he's an under-the-radar type guy who might be able to provide a bargain, and vastly overpay.

Bennett is a solid DE -- don't get me wrong -- but he's probably gonna get 30 million guaranteed; that's better-than-solid type money, in my eyes. You're better off drafting DEs, and DBs, because when they hit the market, their value is inflated.

miked1958
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
He is probably done cause he wants big money, he won't get that hereyep. That's pretty much the jist of what the webpage said without you having to read it. Lol

Ntegrase96
03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Unless you're a household name DE, like Peppers was a couple years ago, I don't want you. Bennett is a guy that teams are gonna see, convince themselves that he's an under-the-radar type guy who might be able to provide a bargain, and vastly overpay.

Bennett is a solid DE -- don't get me wrong -- but he's probably gonna get 30 million guaranteed; that's better-than-solid type money, in my eyes. You're better off drafting DEs, and DBs, because when they hit the market, their value is inflated.

I agree. A DE of Bennett's caliber isn't a tough find in the draft. He's good, but he's not as good as the money he may command. I'd take him, I just wouldn't want to pay for it.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Nevermind, wasn't expecting such a volatile DE market. Avril goes for 2 years/15 million. Bennett goes for 1 year/5 million.

Coincidentally, both to Seattle.