PDA

View Full Version : D JAX anyone?

BigBlue121
12-27-2011, 12:59 AM
I know most of you dont like his attitude but i think Nicks,Cruz and D Jax at line would be a very scary match up. Mario is a FA this year and i doubt he comes back. Just think what defenses would have to put up with every game who do they put the safety over?

Overdrive92
12-27-2011, 01:00 AM
I'll pass.

But if we did sign him...how can you argue against it?

NYG_88
12-27-2011, 01:01 AM
No because the money he will demand and the Eagles will most likely want a 1st and 3rd for him since he is a restricted free agent.

dave56dj
12-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Its always hard to look the other way when someone is as talented as D Jackson, but the truth is he has proven over and over and over that he just doesn't get it. This is a guy who has started celebrating THREE times in his career before getting into the end zone -dropping the football on the playing field - THREE times. Against the giants this year he had a costly PF for taunting - he has squabbled about contract and more with Reid. A ton of talent which someone will benefit from - but a headache as well.

With cruz and nicks being young there is no point to this move - use cap space to fill need in FA (LB AND OLINE) dont waste money on an otherwise already strong position.

BigBlue121
12-27-2011, 01:09 AM
All of your points make sense. I just wouldnt mind seeing him in blue for the right price. Who knows maybe he does it to spite philly

Zaggs
12-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Because we need to have the #1 receiving corp in number of dropped passes?

miked1958
12-27-2011, 01:19 AM
One word... NO

Spizi
12-27-2011, 02:11 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who says they wouldn't want DJax on this team is just plain stubborn. Dude's one of the best playmakers in the league and can be a game changer. Imagine Djax and Nicks on the outside drawing double coverage with Cruz in the slot!! Cruz would have 2000 yards in a season! It would definitely be an improvement over manningham.

jhamburg
12-27-2011, 02:31 AM
I know most of you dont like his attitude but i think Nicks,Cruz and D Jax at line would be a very scary match up. Mario is a FA this year and i doubt he comes back. Just think what defenses would have to put up with every game who do they put the safety over?

Whoever gives DJax a big long term deal will regret it, mark my words. I hope it is Philly.

Spizi
12-27-2011, 02:37 AM

Whoever gives DJax a big long term deal will regret it, mark my words. I hope it is Philly.

I agree with you but for the right price he is a huge upgrade over manningham.

shocknaweny
12-27-2011, 02:39 AM
nope would rather just keep Mario Manningham for far less money.....

rainierjef
12-27-2011, 02:50 AM
SMH people just hate cause hes an eagle and has torched us so many times over and over. its like that spike lee commercial we all hate jordan when hes playing against the knicks ( i am not a knick's fans this is relative to the commercial ) but imagine if jordan was a knick... just do it.

coughlin would bench him and fine him into playing the game minus the antics, the reason he does the crap he does is cause andy reid allows that clown act in his camp. coughlin would shut that down quick.

he's an instant upgrade to punt and kickoff return, hes a speed demon threat every play. why would you not want him to help this team to a championship lead under a strict coach and an ELIte QB?

Beyond me.. i tell you smh

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Meh...I can't see it.

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 03:17 AM
You all got a better chance hitting the powerball before you see D Jax in a Giants' uniform.

egyptian420
12-27-2011, 04:34 AM
You all got a better chance hitting the powerball before you see D Jax in a Giants' uniform.
+1

SweetZombieJesus
12-27-2011, 08:42 AM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2393487.aspx (/forums/thread/2393487.aspx)

<ul> One trick pony -- speed and nothing else. Not a great receiver in any other respect. Classless. Stupid (see dropping the ball short of the goal line against the Cowboys in his rookie season). Does not put his body on the line since his concussion Selfish. Dogging it this year because he's not happy about not getting paid.
[/list]

All those add up to a resounding NO

Redeyejedi
12-27-2011, 09:00 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who says they wouldn't want DJax on this team is just plain stubborn. Dude's one of the best playmakers in the league and can be a game changer. Imagine Djax and Nicks on the outside drawing double coverage with Cruz in the slot!! Cruz would have 2000 yards in a season! It would definitely be an improvement over manningham.Im not willing to pay huge money for a player that I believe has had his best days already.Guy is 1 leg injury away from being completely useless

blueomaha
12-27-2011, 09:14 AM
absolutely not.....

brad
12-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Great receiver, not so smart and makes mistakes... those can probably be corrected with proper coaching, but IMO he isn't the type of receiver the Giants need. A lower priced possession type of receiver would be more beneficial to Eli, especially on third downs.

If the Giants are going to spend big money on FA, I would rather see it spent to improve the linebackers.

Redeyejedi
12-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Great receiver, not so smart and makes mistakes... those can probably be corrected with proper coaching, but IMO he isn't the type of receiver the Giants need. A lower priced possession type of receiver would be more beneficial to Eli, especially on third downs.

If the Giants are going to spend big money on FA, I would rather see it spent to improve the linebackers.Jordy Nelson was the guy i wanted but the Packers wisely locked him up

jomo
12-27-2011, 09:23 AM
For about the 10th time in the past 8 weeks, no thanks.