PDA

View Full Version : So. SS12, cofield, plax

miked1958
12-27-2011, 02:13 AM
Steve left for greener pastures... On IR and eagles eliminated!
Plax decided on greener pastures. Just about eliminated w/jets!
Cofield left for reder pastures,lol. Beat us twice but eliminated!

Could of used those two games vs skins and would have Dallas eliminated by now had we won those.

BUT, after it's all said and done, with all the injuries and setbacks, bad showings, not showing up at all... We still are alive and well in week 17 with a chance to win the Division this Sunday night!

Who woulda thought

Zaggs
12-27-2011, 02:15 AM
I had a feeling the Philly medical staff wasn't being honest about Smith. What an idiot.

miked1958
12-27-2011, 02:16 AM
I had a feeling the Philly medical staff wasn't being honest about Smith.* What an idiot.

Yep.. He did catch that td vs us in 2nd game but helped us beat eagles in first with that tipped INT

miked1958
12-27-2011, 02:17 AM
I had a feeling the Philly medical staff wasn't being honest about Smith.* What an idiot.

Yep, giants staff was right after all.. He did catch that td vs us in 2nd game but helped us beat eagles in first with that tipped INT

jhamburg
12-27-2011, 02:40 AM

Could of used those two games vs skins and would have Dallas eliminated by now had we won those.

BUT, after it's all said and done, with all the injuries and setbacks, bad showings, not showing up at all... We still are alive and well in week 17 with a chance to win the Division this Sunday night!

Who woulda thought

I don't know why people put Cofield in the same category as SS12 and Plax. Cofield left because we weren't in a position to offer him the deal he earned here. It's not like Smith who just shunned us for no reason. I highly doubt he regrets taking a big multi-year deal with the Skins just because they're out of the playoffs this year.

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 02:43 AM

Who woulda thoughtI thought! But I also thought our defense would have performed 50% better then they have. They have shown up in games for a half, a quarter or even 3 quarters, but the Jets game seemed to be a full game.

NYG_88
12-27-2011, 02:46 AM

Yep.. He did catch that td vs us in 2nd game but helped us beat eagles in first with that tipped INT

I thought it was pretty funny that after SS caught the TD a little while later his replacement beats Nnamdi on catches a TD.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-27-2011, 02:55 AM

Who woulda thoughtYeah, thank God for the 2011 NFC East Div. haha

dave56dj
12-27-2011, 03:06 AM
Dont forget Kevin Boss left for black and silver pastures and Ballard has completely outplayed him.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 03:15 AM
I still wish we had signed Plax. He gets so much attention in the redzone.

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 04:00 AM
I don't care about any of them. They're not a part of this team anymore.

stormblue
12-27-2011, 04:07 AM

Who woulda thought

i gotta admit.....not me.
after the usual late season swoon i was really disappointed that they let us down again this year after such a good start.
then JPP blocked that field goal in Dallas
and i was pumped up and high again.
then came that freakin' Redskin debacle
to rip our sanity out again. then come right back this week and beach-slap the 747(lb.) jumbo jets ,
this shyte is making me feel like i'm bi-polar or something.
one week i'm higher than the people in the front row of an Audioslave concert , and then next week i feel lower than the pigeon shyte on the jersey shoreline. makes me wanna
go find an innocent victim wearing an opponents jersey to go medieval on.

and it just so happens that a bunch of qualified jerseys are on the way.

so no Mike , i would not have thought it.
but i'll take it.

TucknRolle
12-27-2011, 05:31 AM
+1

Pakman
12-27-2011, 06:00 AM

Who woulda thought

i gotta admit.....not me.
after the usual late season swoon i was really disappointed that they let us down again this year after such a good start.
then JPP blocked that field goal in Dallas
and i was pumped up and high again.
then came that freakin' Redskin debacle
to rip our sanity out again. then come right back this week and beach-slap the 747(lb.) jumbo jets ,
this shyte is making me feel like i'm bi-polar or something.
one week i'm higher than the people in the front row of an Audioslave concert , and then next week i feel lower than the pigeon shyte on the jersey shoreline. makes me wanna
go find an innocent victim wearing an opponents jersey to go medieval on.

and it just so happens that a bunch of qualified jerseys are on the way.

so no Mike , i would not have thought it.
but i'll take it.

Lmao

Roswell777
12-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Of all the mentioned departures, I would love to have Cofield back. He is a very underrated DT and was a leader on D.

Maybe someday Linval Joseph becomes as good. Maybe someday Canty plays as well as Cofield.

Maybe someday pigs fly.

Roswell777
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Couldn't be happier not to have Burress.

Roswell777
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Couldn't be happier not to have Burress.

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Are we in the playoffs yet? Why jinx us with a ridiculous thread like this. We still have to handle business right now. Lucky for us the NFC East stinks right now...we are lucky not to have a Patroit team in our division because 9-7 wouldnt cut it against them.

jakegibbs
12-27-2011, 08:36 AM

Who woulda thought

I don't know why people put Cofield in the same category as SS12 and Plax. Cofield left because we weren't in a position to offer him the deal he earned here. It's not like Smith who just shunned us for no reason. I highly doubt he regrets taking a big multi-year deal with the Skins just because they're out of the playoffs this year.

Back in the day the playoff checks at the end of the day would almost equal the total yearly salary of the days gone by players & being on a team that was a playoff contender vs a team that wasn't was a big finiancial benefit.

Now a days don't matter if a player makes it to playoffs or not with all the garanteed money contracts.

Oh for the good old days when the playoffs really meant finniancial benefit for players. Betcha you'd see a lot more walking wounded on the field of battle & playing for the big bucks they'd get if they won vs lost the playoff game.

Boxing is another sport that suffers from the lack of winner take all, the $$$ that is, philosophy too.

buddy33
12-27-2011, 09:10 AM
No matter what happens, Reese made the right decisions. Smith was clearly not ready to play, even without the new cap Cofiled was gone and that's why he drafted 2 DT's the last 2 years, Ballard has done better than Boss, and I don't think they reall wanted Burress that much. At least it didn't seem Eli wanted him here.

G-Man67
12-27-2011, 11:07 AM
this is more about the media, etc. than those players vs. the Giants

Plax was never, ever coming back to play with us and you know what ... good riddance ... he is extremely immature and while he helped us win a Super Bowl, he also did damage to us by trying to be some punk gangsta

Steve Smith was 100% a medical eval thing ... our staff did not believe he was ready to play, Philly took a flyer that he was ready, but clearly we were right and let's face it ... if Smith had been on the Chiefs there is no way Philly goes out and signs him ... they were trying to zing it to us

Cofield was all about how much money can be tied up at DT ... we overpaid Canty and, therefore, we were in no position to sign Cofied to #1 DT money ... altho Canty did earn a good chunk of his check with that Safety

jhamburg
12-27-2011, 11:13 AM

Who woulda thought

Back in the day the playoff checks at the end of the day would almost equal the total yearly salary of the days gone by players & being on a team that was a playoff contender vs a team that wasn't was a big finiancial benefit.

Now a days don't matter if a player makes it to playoffs or not with all the garanteed money contracts.

Oh for the good old days when the playoffs really meant finniancial benefit for players. Betcha you'd see a lot more walking wounded on the field of battle & playing for the big bucks they'd get if they won vs lost the playoff game.

Boxing is another sport that suffers from the lack of winner take all, the $$$ that is, philosophy too.

I see what you're saying, but that would never be compatible with a salary cap league. Guys would take cuts in base pay to go to perennial contenders like Pittsburgh and NE. Bad franchises would have no chance of catching up.