PDA

View Full Version : AP on Mike & Mike just said Fewell must go!!

Sundown
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow said defense has way too much talent to be this bad!!! I hope this happens next season!!!

G-Men Surg.
12-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Yea, no kidding ! Don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out, I've heard them too and can't say I disagree.

tonyt830
12-27-2011, 08:33 AM
well if it happens, I, like most others, would love Spags back. But I would not mind the Giants bringing in Del Rio if they could not land Spags. Zimmer is another name floating around, but I think he may get some HC considerations for a team.

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Wow said defense has way too much talent to be this bad!!! I hope this happens next season!!!

lol this defense has too much talent? thats laughable. I guess Fewell is keeping us from being the '85 Bears. Pierce also said that we are getting manhandled in the trenches. But to be honest, our secondary isnt that good in coverage...we had a nice win against the Jets, lets hope this team plays more motivated this Sunday.

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 08:46 AM
As I've said I'd love Spags back, but who ever they go with I hope it's someone who could stick around AT LEAST 3 years. We've been shuffling the DC a lot lately and I'd like to see some stability there. Hopefully that comes in the form of Spags for two years & then he becomes HC. I know that's not how the Giants do things but they need to reconsider their stance here. Not every situation is the same and I think this could work out well for the Giants, TC, and Spags.

NJ10
12-27-2011, 09:02 AM

When we are healthy we are very talented on D. With the injuries to TT, Goff, Prince, Austin, Osi, ect..
Its hard to put together a good defense. I think Perry gets another shot unless we lose Sunday and give up like 40 points. If they do fire him i would love Spags to come back here as DC and then when Tom retires give him the job. I don't think Spags will go back to Philly because I doubt Reid is going anywhere for a while and Spags will want another shot at a HC job.

buddy33
12-27-2011, 09:02 AM
When healthy there is a lot of talent on the defense. Tuck has been hurting and now that he says he is better they looked a lot better against the Jets. Their scondary was hit hard with injuries. Who knows if Ross would even be on the team still. TT was obviously a huge loss and Whitherspoon was looking really good before he blew out his knee in the same game as TT. Prince has a lot of talent but had no camp and broke his foot. Losing Goff was huge. He was great against the run and getting better against the pass. As mad as we sometimes get at Rolle, he is asked to do things that he is not great at because of those injuries.

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 09:27 AM

lol this defense has too much talent? thats laughable. I guess Fewell is keeping us from being the '85 Bears. Pierce also said that we are getting manhandled in the trenches. But to be honest, our secondary isnt that good in coverage...we had a nice win against the Jets, lets hope this team plays more motivated this Sunday.I think I'll take AP's word over yours.

jomo
12-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Wow said defense has way too much talent to be this bad!!! I hope this happens next season!!!............coulda been me on there about 6 weeks ago.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you AP now talk some sense into our FO & go butter up Spags for us will ya.. also spread a rumor about Spags to the Rams to speed up his release, thanks [:D]

gumby742
12-27-2011, 02:28 PM

lol this defense has too much talent? thats laughable. I guess Fewell is keeping us from being the '85 Bears. Pierce also said that we are getting manhandled in the trenches. But to be honest, our secondary isnt that good in coverage...we had a nice win against the Jets, lets hope this team plays more motivated this Sunday.

Still waiting for anyone who thinks we lack talent to find a single team that has more collective talent on defense then we do.

Try it. I dare you. But, you won't because you can't. And if you can, there will only be a handful.

freeoscar
12-27-2011, 02:34 PM

no one said the upside of this talent is the '85 Bears. but there is a bunch of room between second to worst in the league and best of all time. i think they have the talent to be mid-pack, 15-20 kind of defense.

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
I've already bought Fewell a plane ticket out of town to an nfc east team of his choice....how amazing would it be if we let him go and the eagles signed him? LOL I'D BE THRILLED!!

Unfortunately it seems like they're a lock for Spags..... :(

Sundown
12-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Personally I want a 3-4 D Coord. This group would be top 5 w that scheme. Love spags but his time here is over.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 02:55 PM

Still waiting for anyone who thinks we lack talent to find a single team that has more collective talent on defense then we do.

Try it. I dare you. But, you won't because you can't. And if you can, there will only be a handful.

WHAT? are u talking pre injury?

our lb core has to be one of the worst in the league. our starting MLB is chase "i was working as a construction worker a month ago" blackburn. our starting OLB is a 6th round rookie.

our DL has JPP. yes there is "talent" but talent only gets u so far. there are no championships for talent, u have to perform.

then our secondary...u misconfuse early draft picks as being talented. just bc they were drafted 1 or 2 round doesnt mean they are any more talented than an UDFA.

if anything, we are middle of the pack talentwsie on d and thats being generous imo. yeah we have a few stand outs, but a d is only as good as it weakest link. and our weakest link may be the weakest link of all nfl teams.

sorry, i disagree strongly with you. instead of questioning it like that, i'll question u, list the teams we have more talent then on defense...i'll wait...

edit-i recognize we have talent on d, every nfl team does tho. we have the what 29th or 30th ranked defense? pre injury yeah i could say we have a lot of talent, but even then, no more so than a lot of teams. we have the worst d of the nfc east...washington has more talent on d than we do.

and the good as ur weakest link is paramount to this discussion. great defenses arent great bc of the best players they have, they're great bc of the back end "talented" players. teams like pitt. baltimore, the texans basically the top 10 defenses, they're weakest links are still very good players.

we have virtually nothing at our lb core, boley is good but still, is he really special? he may look better than he is bc of how poor the players that surround him are.

edit 2-you dont have ur de leading the team in tackles weekly with 15 tackles when ur defense is surrounded by talent imo. yea we have a strong dl when healthy, but rolle, ross and our lb core are avg or play at avg levels at best.

NY_Eli
12-27-2011, 03:01 PM
CAN WE SEE IF WE CAN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS FIRST BEFORE FIRING ALL OF OUR COACHES?!?!?

*edit: 2,000 posts woooo!

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 03:03 PM
CAN WE SEE IF WE CAN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS FIRST BEFORE FIRING ALL OF OUR COACHES?!?!?

+1. but, still, fewell has to learn from his shoddy game planning this year. i cannot excuse some of his approaches to back up qb's and a lack of creativity. if the d turns it around continuing from the jets game thru the playoffs he's earned a reprieve but if its the same stuff we saw for 15 weeks or so, i think we have to explore other options at DC. TC and KG probably deserve another shot, but fewell and to a large extent even KG need to adjust how they do things

NY_Eli
12-27-2011, 03:09 PM

+1. but, still, fewell has to learn from his shoddy game planning this year. i cannot excuse some of his approaches to back up qb's and a lack of creativity. if the d turns it around continuing from the jets game thru the playoffs he's earned a reprieve but if its the same stuff we saw for 15 weeks or so, i think we have to explore other options at DC. TC and KG probably deserve another shot, but fewell and to a large extent even KG need to adjust how they do things

No doubt, but if this team can make a playoff run, shut down the packers and/or saints offense we'll all be singing a very different tune about Fewell. Might as well wait to see how things finish out.

gmen46
12-27-2011, 04:32 PM

No doubt, but if this team can make a playoff run, shut down the packers and/or saints offense we'll all be singing a very different tune about Fewell. Might as well wait to see how things finish out.

Exactly.

The question that puzzles me, however, is how is it that just 1 year ago, with the same DC, and most of the same defensive players, we were 7th overall in yards allowed, 8th in rushing yards allowed, 9th in passing yards allowed, and 16th in points allowed, while this year we are closer to the bottom of the league ( 28th total yards, 22nd in rushing, 27th in passing, and 28th in points allowed)?

Did Fewell forget all of a sudden how to game plan and coach?

Did all players from last year forget how to play?

Or were the accumulation of injuries before and throughout the season just too overwhelming to sufficiently overcome?

I have no answer.

But the only practical response for the FO is to let the season play out, whether it be just 1 more game or into the post season, and then evaluate each player and each of the defensive coaches.

Which, of course, is what will happen.

An obvious guess would be that if we lay another Redskins-type egg vs Dallas, Fewell goes, as well as a select few defensive players.

But if we play Dallas like we did vs Jets, win, and play like that for another game or two in January, then the decisions become exponentially more difficult.

Tis a puzzlement.

gumby742
12-27-2011, 11:17 PM

WHAT? are u talking pre injury?

our lb core has to be one of the worst in the league. our starting MLB is chase "i was working as a construction worker a month ago" blackburn. our starting OLB is a 6th round rookie.

our DL has JPP. yes there is "talent" but talent only gets u so far. there are no championships for talent, u have to perform.

then our secondary...u misconfuse early draft picks as being talented. just bc they were drafted 1 or 2 round doesnt mean they are any more talented than an UDFA.

if anything, we are middle of the pack talentwsie on d and thats being generous imo. yeah we have a few stand outs, but a d is only as good as it weakest link. and our weakest link may be the weakest link of all nfl teams.

sorry, i disagree strongly with you. instead of questioning it like that, i'll question u, list the teams we have more talent then on defense...i'll wait...

edit-i recognize we have talent on d, every nfl team does tho. we have the what 29th or 30th ranked defense? pre injury yeah i could say we have a lot of talent, but even then, no more so than a lot of teams. we have the worst d of the nfc east...washington has more talent on d than we do.

and the good as ur weakest link is paramount to this discussion. great defenses arent great bc of the best players they have, they're great bc of the back end "talented" players. teams like pitt. baltimore, the texans basically the top 10 defenses, they're weakest links are still very good players.

we have virtually nothing at our lb core, boley is good but still, is he really special? he may look better than he is bc of how poor the players that surround him are.

edit 2-you dont have ur de leading the team in tackles weekly with 15 tackles when ur defense is surrounded by talent imo. yea we have a strong dl when healthy, but rolle, ross and our lb core are avg or play at avg levels at best.

yes pre injury. rolle and philips would start on practically any team as would Webster and TT. So would JPP, Tuck, Osi who are arguably stars. Canty was a starter before he got here. The only question is our LB corps.

And that is completely un true about you're as strong as your weakest link in defense. Because EVERY defense in the NFL has a weak spot. This is the salary cap era dude. It's called spend money where you absolutely need to and find bandaids to plug up the holes and pray you can hid them.

washington has more talent then we do? really? let's name off the starters shall we and compare them?

let's not confuse talent with performance. It's the job of the coach to develop the talent into a team. It's why Andy Reid is on the hot seat right now. All that talent. No results.

gumby742
12-27-2011, 11:18 PM

And I'm going to bump this because I have a bad headache and the damn kid won't goto sleep.

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 11:22 PM

I agree that we have a lot of talent, but much of it is injured this year. But inspite of their good stats last year, they still let gave up plenty of back-breaking big plays last year when healthy. Besides health, they need a DC with the philosophy that fits the talent they have accumulated. Why can't we have a consistently dominant defense like the Steelers and Ravens? Year in, year out?

embeshAtYa
12-27-2011, 11:28 PM
sick of all the love for spags. mcnabb smoked us with him at the helm. if the eagles beat us w mcnabb, out of playoffs. see ya/ no neeed

Itlan
12-28-2011, 03:47 AM
sick of all the love for spags. mcnabb smoked us with him at the helm. if the eagles beat us w mcnabb, out of playoffs. see ya/ no neeedYou mean the game where McNabb went for 22/40, barely 200 yards with one TD and two picks? The game where the offense couldn't get a TD, while Tuck got a safety and the defense constantly put them in good field position? The game where Eli threw 2 picks to basically throw the defense under the bus? What about Carney missing two FGs?

Get real. The defense held Westbrook to a 2.0 average and held McNabb in check. That game was lost because the offense played like utter sh.it.

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
As I've said I'd love Spags back, but who ever they go with I hope it's someone who could stick around AT LEAST 3 years. We've been shuffling the DC a lot lately and I'd like to see some stability there.

It would be TC's FIFTH in 9 years.

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Personally I want a 3-4 D Coord. This group would be top 5 w that scheme.

Are you insane? The team has crazy depth at DE, lacks a big fat NT that 3-4 teams require, and we have pretty much garbage at LB and you want to put 4 of them on the field at the same time?

Sigh...

Sundown
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Personally I want a 3-4 D Coord. This group would be top 5 w that scheme.

Are you insane?* The team has crazy depth at DE, lacks a big fat NT that 3-4 teams require, and we have pretty much garbage at LB and you want to put 4 of them on the field at the same time?

Sigh...

Lol I'm quite sane!! LJ can play NT just fine. We're one LB away from having a pretty good lb corp. I think it would work here.

Kingb50
12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
You know what? I wouldn't mind AP asour D.coord or maybe linebacking coach. Just a thought...