PDA

View Full Version : Two things....

EasyE23
12-27-2011, 09:05 AM
1) How appropriate is it, that after a season of numerous injuries to our team, our coach is also now injured. It would make an amazing byline to our story IF we should go all the way.

2) This whole season has been one game after another of the offense showing up and not the defense. Then you get Rolle putting it out there that they need everyone to "show up" at practice. Next thing you know, the defense is playing much better and the offense is struggling. I wonder if there is any correlation. Can the defensive resurgence DURING PRACTICE have an effect on the offensive psyche during practice and thus affect THEIR play during the actual game? In other words, can the offense lose some confidence if their own defense is dominating during practice? Could that, perhaps, have anything to do with the recent struggles of the offense?

Chris

repeatchamps
12-27-2011, 09:21 AM
1) How appropriate is it, that after a season of numerous injuries to our team, our coach is also now injured. It would make an amazing byline to our story IF we should go all the way.

2) This whole season has been one game after another of the offense showing up and not the defense. Then you get Rolle putting it out there that they need everyone to "show up" at practice. Next thing you know, the defense is playing much better and the offense is struggling. I wonder if there is any correlation. Can the defensive resurgence DURING PRACTICE have an effect on the offensive psyche during practice and thus affect THEIR play during the actual game? In other words, can the offense lose some confidence if their own defense is dominating during practice? Could that, perhaps, have anything to do with the recent struggles of the offense?

Chris
</P>

Very possible. It is no excuse though. Eli has to play better, the O-line has to block better and the Receivers have to catch better. Having no Manningham and no Ballard this week against the Jets was a recipe for disaster and you saw the results. There is just not enough depth at the skill positions to make-up for those injuries against formidable pass defenses. The Giants must committ more to the run if they see deficiencies during the gamewith thepassing attack. The Giants are running the ball much better than they have and I'd like to see them stick with it more than they have the past two weeks. I will say this though, Dallas can be very very poor against the pass so it is possible that Eli will be throwing more than they run it again this week. </P>

I don't like the offensive game planning these last two games and I fear that no Manningham and no Ballardor an unhealthy Manningham and Ballard that try to play could hurt the pass-heavy game plan and once again hang the defense out to dry and put the team in bad situations once again this week.</P>

brad
12-27-2011, 09:25 AM
1) quite ironic

2) If that is true, we have some very fragile ego's on the offense... I don't think that's that case. I think it's more likely that defenses have figured out what the Giants are doing and how to slow it down, and the Giants haven't adjusted to how defenses are playing them. If you and I can sit on the couch and guess what play they are running... you can bet the defensive coordinators can too.

jomo
12-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Chris
</P>

Very possible. It is no excuse though. Eli has to play better, the O-line has to block better and the Receivers have to catch better. Having no Manningham and no Ballard this week against the Jets was a recipe for disaster and you saw the results. There is just not enough depth at the skill positions to make-up for those injuries against formidable pass defenses. The Giants must committ more to the run if they see deficiencies during the game*with the*passing attack. The Giants are running the ball much better than they have and I'd like to see them stick with it more than they have the past two weeks. I will say this though, Dallas can be very very poor against the pass so it is possible that Eli will be throwing more than they run it again this week. </P>

I don't like the offensive game planning these last two games and I fear that no Manningham and no Ballard*or an unhealthy Manningham and Ballard that try to play could hurt the pass-heavy game plan and once again hang the defense out to dry and put the team in bad situations once again this week.</P>I don't think so. Our offense has played very well against some strong defenses this year. Even though our D is resurgent, it still has a long way to go. Offenses and defenses on the same team always get to know each other's tendencies and so success in practice is the norm rather than the exception. If anything it makes the O better because of tougher matches, example DE vs LT. JPP has to be making Diehl better because he is unlikely to see anyone as quick or athletic on Sundays. Just my thoughts.

repeatchamps
12-27-2011, 09:34 AM

Chris
</P>

Very possible. It is no excuse though. Eli has to play better, the O-line has to block better and the Receivers have to catch better. Having no Manningham and no Ballard this week against the Jets was a recipe for disaster and you saw the results. There is just not enough depth at the skill positions to make-up for those injuries against formidable pass defenses. The Giants must committ more to the run if they see deficiencies during the gamewith thepassing attack. The Giants are running the ball much better than they have and I'd like to see them stick with it more than they have the past two weeks. I will say this though, Dallas can be very very poor against the pass so it is possible that Eli will be throwing more than they run it again this week. </P>

I don't like the offensive game planning these last two games and I fear that no Manningham and no Ballardor an unhealthy Manningham and Ballard that try to play could hurt the pass-heavy game plan and once again hang the defense out to dry and put the team in bad situations once again this week.</P>

I don't think so. Our offense has played very well against some strong defenses this year. Even though our D is resurgent, it still has a long way to go. Offenses and defenses on the same team always get to know each other's tendencies and so success in practice is the norm rather than the exception. If anything it makes the O better because of tougher matches, example DE vs LT. JPP has to be making Diehl better because he is unlikely to see anyone as quick or athletic on Sundays. Just my thoughts.</P>

Fair points. What do you think about the offense's struggles of late? I really feel that Mario and Ballard being out or unhealthy is hurting them due to the reasons I mentioned in my post. Unless both of them come back this week 100%, I fully expect the offense to struggle mightily with the pass again this week. Need to run the ball, control the clock and keep Romo, bad hand and all, off the field. The Cowboys offense is not the Jets offense, it is way better. If the defense is on the field too much due to ineptitutde on offense, could be a long night Sunday. Offense must control the clock andmust take advantage of opportunities.</P>

My gut feeling is that the Giants will win this game, other than the Philly game last year and the Panthers game in 2009, when playoffs, divisions, #1 seeds, etc.are on the line the Giants are very tough to beat at home historically. This is a different team than in year's past and is perhaps not as good as in other years but I do think this is the week when the home field advantage will pay dividends.</P>