PDA

View Full Version : Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC December 27

SmashmouthD
12-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC
December 27 San Diego Union-Tribune
Share Article
"League sources have said for weeks that Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid's staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles' defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego."

Click here for full article

jhamburg
12-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Share Article
"League sources have said for weeks that Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid's staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles' defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego."

FML

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
I pretty much want to cry

yoeddy
12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Are teams allowed to talk to head coaches about jobs before the end of the season? I thought there was a league rule about that...

repeatchamps
12-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I pretty much want to cry</P>

Yup. Philly can easily do it to. I do think the Giants will win this week against Dallas putting them into the playoffs. This will prevent the Giants from being able to bring in Spags. Both Philly and St. Louis will be done by Monday next week. As quickly as Spags is fired, Philly can fire/reassign Castillo and hire Spags.</P>

Basically this pretty much stinks if true.</P>

GiantPride27
12-27-2011, 11:31 AM
i dont hate perry but i wouyld fire him and double the eagles offer to get Spags back as our DC

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 11:34 AM
everyone RELAX. This may end up happening, as we've talked about on the board but this story has to be 100% BS. There is no way anyone knows what Spags is going to do. Do you honestly think he has given much consideration to what his next move is? I think the qualities we all love about Spags would mean there' no chance he is focused on anything besides trying to win. Just my gut feeling.

Idkaname
12-27-2011, 11:48 AM
You guys act like they will win the Sb lol . Eagles will never win 1 with Vick and mire importantly Andy Reid hahaha

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 11:50 AM
" San Diego Union-Tribune"

I'll wait until I see it elsewhere before I believe it.

RagTime Blue
12-27-2011, 11:51 AM
everyone RELAX. This may end up happening, as we've talked about on the board but this story has to be 100% BS. There is no way anyone knows what Spags is going to do. Do you honestly think he has given much consideration to what his next move is? I think the qualities we all love about Spags would mean there' no chance he is focused on anything besides trying to win. Just my gut feeling.

Exactly.

Not to mention he'd take a HC position over a DC position in a heartbeat. Mangini was terrible with the Jets and then Cleveland hired him to be their terrible HC.

And personally, I think few people on these MB's are more overrated than Saint Steve Spagnuolo.

thegreatone
12-27-2011, 11:54 AM
this. plus he might want to wait to see if he can get a DC job on a playoff team which philly clearly is not. If he goes there so be it but idt he will.

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 11:56 AM

Dude, +10 for your sig hahahaha well done sir, well done

Morehead State
12-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Are teams allowed to talk to head coaches about jobs before the end of the season? I thought there was a league rule about that...</P>

Of course not. The OP should be banned. There is no way that a current head coach already has a deal in place, or for that matter has talked in any way to another team. That is tampering and would bring a huge fine to the Eagles and cost them draft picks as well.</P>

</P>

Big Blue 418
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
The Eagles are very capable of tampering but whatever . I don't care about them or Spags right now . Sunday night = Just win baby

jhamburg
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Are teams allowed to talk to head coaches about jobs before the end of the season? I thought there was a league rule about that...</P>

Of course not.* The OP should be banned.* There is no way that a current head coach already has a deal in place, or for that matter has talked in any way to another team.* That is tampering and would bring a huge fine to the Eagles and cost them draft picks as well.</P>

*</P>

Hang on, why should OP be banned? It's not like he made it up, it is a rumor that's being reported on. Whether it's credible or not is another matter.

Morehead State
12-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Of course not. The OP should be banned. There is no way that a current head coach already has a deal in place, or for that matter has talked in any way to another team. That is tampering and would bring a huge fine to the Eagles and cost them draft picks as well.</P>

</P>

Hang on, why should OP be banned? It's not like he made it up, it is a rumor that's being reported on. Whether it's credible or not is another matter.</P>

Because I'm in a bad mood and someone has to pay. had a 90 point lead in my FF championship and lost it all on Sunday night and Monday night.</P>

G-Men Surg.
12-27-2011, 12:25 PM

This .

NYSPORTS
12-27-2011, 12:27 PM
B.S. - if this was true the NFL would step in an hammer the Eagles with tampering charges.

G-Man67
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
pure speculation

but the worry is that the Reid era is clearly coming to an end ... that end will either be a Championship (oop threw up in my mouth a little) or failure ... either way it provides Spags a path back to head coaching

Morehead State
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
B.S. - if this was true the NFL would step in an hammer the Eagles with tampering charges.</P>

First of all they aren't going to hire anyone as a new DC until the season is over.</P>

Second they are forbidden to talk to anyone under the employ of another team.</P>

Third, why on earth would Spags talk to someone about a DC job when he is a gainfully employed Head coach?</P>

The OP is silly not adding the foolishness of the report.</P>

I say ban his ***!!!</P>

a50yrfan
12-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Share Article

League Sources? What a bunch of crap. This guy should be banned this is obviously a FALSE report and the board should not be subject to these kind of postings. Notice he does not provide a link for the source. MODERATOR PLEASE BAN THIS GUY NOW AND FOREVER

bronxvgiant
12-27-2011, 12:39 PM
It sounds like heresay to me but I sure hope the Eagles dont get him before us.

a50yrfan
12-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Notice how the " Click here for full article " does not work.
This was a deliberate posting to mislead. Ban this Troll now.

jackal2403
12-27-2011, 12:45 PM
No, this is a legit article,but its all speculation...

<cite>espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/.../on-the-eagles-steve-spagnuolo-thing</cite>

Morehead State
12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC December 27 San Diego Union-Tribune Share Article "League sources have said for weeks that Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid's staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles' defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego." Click here for full article League Sources? What a bunch of crap. This guy should be banned this is obviously a FALSE report and the board should not be subject to these kind of postings. Notice he does not provide a link for the source. MODERATOR PLEASE BAN THIS GUY NOW AND FOREVER</P>

And "League Sources" are not going to report illegal league behavior as fact. This is definately a made up story.</P>

<FONT size=5>BAN!!!!!</FONT></P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 12:55 PM
There are so many vacancies at HC after this season. Spags is a good guy with great foundations of coaching..wouldnt be surprised if he got a position as a HC somewhere else.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC December 27 San Diego Union-Tribune Share Article "League sources have said for weeks that Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid's staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles' defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego." Click here for full article League Sources? What a bunch of crap. This guy should be banned this is obviously a FALSE report and the board should not be subject to these kind of postings. Notice he does not provide a link for the source. MODERATOR PLEASE BAN THIS GUY NOW AND FOREVER</P>

And "League Sources" are not going to report illegal league behavior as fact.* This is definately a made up story.</P>

<FONT size=5>BAN!!!!!</FONT></P>
Morehead, settle down! lol...Give the guy a break..He aint the only one and it definately is not made up..here ya go, I still believe its a load of crap though...

http://www.eagles101.com/2011/12/27/steve-spagnuolo-will-be-the-philadelphia-eagles-next-defensive-coordinator/

stormblue
12-27-2011, 01:02 PM
who gives a shyte.
i can't believe you people's inane addiction to Spaggs.
he just happened to be the DC when our D-line was an unstoppable force.
well...NEWSFLASH....Strahan is retired and OSI has been a crip ever since.

the Rams are not getting better under Spaggs....they have gotten worse.
and he has been there long enough for his influence to show.and it has - they suck even worse.

and this constant change of coordinators is not going to change anything around here, that's like putting new tires on a car with a blown engine

we don't need a new tire.
we need a new car.
a different "steering wheel" , as it were.

NYfanatic
12-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Eagles will be unstoppable next year on D.
Lets hope we do some damage this year since the NFC east belongs to the iggles next year.
Unless Fewell magically becomes good (2010) and we get a new HC and OC.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Lets hope we do some damage this year since the NFC east belongs to the iggles next year.

dang, you're mailing it in already ..smh

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 02:03 PM

Dude, +10 for your sig hahahaha well done sir, well done

lol wish I could take credit...But I stole it. [:D]

NYfanatic
12-27-2011, 02:04 PM

dang, you're mailing it in already ..smh
Kinda have to, the ealges D beat us pretty bad in the game a few weeks ago imagine them with Spags. We are dead.

hungrrrry
12-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Share Article

Click here for full articlePure speculation...a "league source" could be a yardstick holder for all we know. This means nothing at all.
Granted the speculation is based on possibility but we all could have written this. Similar sources would probably say he is going to the Gmen...as other sources may say he is getting a contract extension or just not leaving STL at all.
Don't let yourself get wrapped up in it until Spags is fired.

bklyn1028
12-27-2011, 03:16 PM
You guys sound so childish. Stormblue is absolutely correct.......Spags probably is a terrific DC, however.....................look who he had to work with...damn.....I would have looked like a genius if I had....Tuck....Strahan...Osi...Cofield....I mean come on. You think he would be a genius now if he had to put up with Tuck's unfortunate year, Cofield leaving....Osi being the sissy that he is...pullleeezzzeeee

byron
12-27-2011, 04:09 PM

</P>

Hang on, why should OP be banned? It's not like he made it up, it is a rumor that's being reported on. Whether it's credible or not is another matter.</P>

Because I'm in a bad mood and someone has to pay. had a 90 point lead in my FF championship and lost it all on Sunday night and Monday night.</P>

</P>

Ouch ! now that's gotta hurt!!</P>

Morehead State
12-27-2011, 04:11 PM

</P>

</P>

Ouch ! now that's gotta hurt!!</P>

</P>

You are SO pleased with yourself Byron. Hahaha!!!</P>

Those 5 TD's by Rodgers saved your bacon.</P>

Morehead loves ya just the same.</P>

</P>

GiantWarfare
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
he just happened to be the DC when our D-line was an unstoppable force.
well...NEWSFLASH....Strahan is retired and OSI has been a crip ever since.

Good point.

Though I still would prefer Spags a million times over Fewell...

GameTime
12-27-2011, 04:20 PM
You guys sound so childish. Stormblue is absolutely correct.......Spags probably is a terrific DC, however.....................look who he had to work with...damn.....I would have looked like a genius if I had....Tuck....Strahan...Osi...Cofield....I mean come on. You think he would be a genius now if he had to put up with Tuck's unfortunate year, Cofield leaving....Osi being the sissy that he is...pullleeezzzeeee</P>

I liked Spagnulo when he was here. I thought he did a great job but at the same time his body of work as a DC was ONLY 2 SEASONS. I dont understand why so many areon this guys jock all the time. I dont see him as being the be all end all in DC's.
If he comes back to the Giants then great....but what will all you Spagnulo lovers do or say when the Giants D still blows....if thats the case. </P>

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 04:24 PM
You guys act like they will win the Sb lol . Eagles will never win 1 with Vick and mire importantly Andy Reid hahaha

Are all your other 248 posts as insightful as this one? [;)]

easterbeast
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
i just cant see andy reid bringing in a coach like spags when his own job is on the hot seat.
the fans will be booing to fire reid and move spags up week 1.

reid wants no competition

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Even worse I think they are at the end of the line with Andy Reid, so this sets up Spags to take over as coach when they pull the cord.

dax
12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
i just cant see andy reid bringing in a coach like spags when his own job is on the hot seat.

Reid has put up with the fans booing him and demanding his head on a platter ever since the Eagles Super Bowl season. That will have no impact on whom Reid chooses to replace Castillo, if he even chooses to replace him.

Spagnuolo started his career under Andy Reid with the Eagles and was in Philly for 8 years before taking the DC job with the Giants. Spags loves Philly and has a lot of ties here. His wife is from Philly and he still has a home here. Andy Reid's butt is on the line so it would behoove him to bring in the best DC he can. Especially after his ridiculous decision to promote Juan Castillo to DC this season.

The only negative for Spags is that 2012 could be Reid's last year with the Eagles. Would he want to take a DC job for basically a one year guarantee? Of course the Eagles could always make Spags the Eagles coach-in-waiting should Reid leave after next season.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 04:28 PM

Reid has put up with the fans booing him and demanding his head on a platter ever since the Eagles Super Bowl season.* That will have no impact on whom Reid chooses to replace Castillo, if he even chooses to replace him.

Spagnuolo started his career under Andy Reid with the Eagles and was in Philly for 8 years before taking the DC job with the Giants.* Spags loves Philly and has a lot of ties here.* His wife is from Philly and he still has a home here.* Andy Reid's butt is on the line so it would behoove him to bring in the best DC he can.* Especially after his ridiculous decision to promote Juan Castillo to DC this season.

The only negative for Spags is that 2012 could be Reid's last year with the Eagles.* Would he want to take a DC job for basically a one year guarantee?* Of course the Eagles could always make Spags the Eagles coach-in-waiting should Reid leave after next season.

You have to admit though, that wide 9 really started to come through for you guys. You guys have the best DE tandem in the league because of it, IMO. Cole is always flat out nasty, but add Babin's dominance in the wide 9 and you guys have the best tandem.

I wouldn't necessarily root for Castillo and Washburn's firing.

dax
12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
You have to admit though, that wide 9 really started to come through for you guys. You guys have the best DE tandem in the league because of it, IMO. Cole is always flat out nasty, but add Babin's dominance in the wide 9 and you guys have the best tandem.

Don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about the Eagles defense. All I'll say is that there's one week left in the season and I still don't know anything about the Eagles defense. Coles is a beast. Babin is a great pass rusher, but weak against the run. The wide-9 killed the Birds early in the season because our LBs were horrible and couldn't stop the run nor defend the pass. Lately the defense has been lights out, but that was against Miami with a backup, Jets with Sanchez, who is horrible, and Dallass with a backup. Before that, the Birds D gave up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and the Seahawks. Even if we shutout Rex Grossman and the Skins on Sunday, I wouldn't know anything more about this defense. Castillo was in way over his head early in the season. If the Eagles are to compete next season I would feel a lot better with an experienced DC than one who with a lot of questionmarks with only one year experience.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM

Don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about the Eagles defense.* All I'll say is that there's one week left in the season and I still don't know anything about the Eagles defense.* Coles is a beast.* Babin is a great pass rusher, but weak against the run.* The wide-9 killed the Birds early in the season because our LBs were horrible and couldn't stop the run nor defend the pass.* Lately the defense has been lights out, but that was against Miami with a backup, Jets with Sanchez, who is horrible, and Dallass with a backup.* Before that, the Birds D gave up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and the Seahawks.* Even if we shutout Rex Grossman and the Skins on Sunday, I wouldn't know anything more about this defense.* Castillo was in way over his head early in the season.* If the Eagles are to compete next season I would feel a lot better with an experienced DC than one who with a lot of questionmarks with only one year experience.

The only thing Castillo has done wrong IMO, is completely misuse Nnamdi Asomugha. He realizes that he is a dominant shut down RCB, right? I don't think he does. He used, well tried to use him, a la Charles Woodson.

You hire Spags, you probably lose Babin's dominance and gain Nnamdi's dominance. You guys are a MIKE backer and a safety away.

giantman8493
12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
ALL OUT BLITZ EVERY PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheEnigma
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
If this was to end up being true...

OMG please hold me :(

I'm sooooo scared at the possibility of what Spags can do for this team.

The Dream Team will go 15-1 in the regular season, only allow 120 points, and become a dynasty as Spags leads them to 5 Superbowl titles.

Let's just take the next decade off, ok guys?

gmen46
12-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about the Eagles defense.* All I'll say is that there's one week left in the season and I still don't know anything about the Eagles defense.* Coles is a beast.* Babin is a great pass rusher, but weak against the run.* The wide-9 killed the Birds early in the season because our LBs were horrible and couldn't stop the run nor defend the pass.* Lately the defense has been lights out, but that was against Miami with a backup, Jets with Sanchez, who is horrible, and Dallass with a backup.* Before that, the Birds D gave up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and the Seahawks.* Even if we shutout Rex Grossman and the Skins on Sunday, I wouldn't know anything more about this defense.* Castillo was in way over his head early in the season.* If the Eagles are to compete next season I would feel a lot better with an experienced DC than one who with a lot of questionmarks with only one year experience.

OMG! You sound just like some of the Giants posters on here, describing the Giants D.

yoeddy
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
If this was to end up being true...

OMG please hold me :(

I'm sooooo scared at the possibility of what Spags can do for this team.

The Dream Team will go 15-1 in the regular season, only allow 120 points, and become a dynasty as Spags leads them to 5 Superbowl titles.

Let's just take the next decade off, ok guys?

Please don't call the Giants "The Dream Team"...that's really lame...

Idkaname
01-01-2012, 02:01 AM

Are all your other 248 posts as insightful as this one?* [;)]

Are all of your posts as dumb as this one?

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Spags will come to NY as the DC and will stay here this time. It is an extremely practical and very plausible. We could pick up right where we left off in many cases.

jjj45
01-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Spags will come to NY as the DC and will stay here this time. It is an extremely practical and very plausible. We could pick up right where we left off in many cases.
Agreed. He's already won one SB with us. Why not try for another :)

KidA
01-01-2012, 10:30 AM

I hope you're right...

RagingBlue
01-01-2012, 08:18 PM
John Mara should be on the phone with Spags telling him that he will outbid the Eagle's offer. Spags going to the Eagles is a big blow.