PDA

View Full Version : For the Gilbride Haters

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 11:38 AM
First off I want to say that Eli Manning has gotten better and better each season under Gilbride, why mess that progession up. The Main Problem with this Offense, is every year we have a young player learning this offense because Reese chooses to let Eli's favorite targets walk each year. Nicks, Manningham, Cruz and Ballard are very young.

Every complains that Gilbride is too pass happy but under Gilbride we had some of the best rushing attacks in Giants history. Until this year our run game hasnot been good (due to Reese neglecting the OLine), but Gilbride still managed to keep some balance.
Eli has dropped back a total of 556 times to the run being called 380 times. We are dead last in running the ball....We are even lucky to even be running the ball at all.

If Baas is going to continue to be our Center, then we need to be in the Shotgun formation because his snap is the only + in his game. We have two amazing receivers in Nicks and Cruz. Cruz is breaking records and hes a playmaker...Gilbride is doing a great job finding different ways to use Cruz. Gilbride has been playing to our strengths all season long and people constantly blame him....Running the ball our of a shotgun formation is ok when u have an Offensive Line that doesnt maul a DL at the point of attack....We need to be as deceptive as we can with this Oline. I also think the Shotgun RUn has been our best running formation and we broke off some big runs and valuable two point conversions with it.

Give the man a break. Yall ran Sean Payton out of town and look how great he is now because people acted as if Kerry Collins was the greatest Qb ever. Kevin Gilbride has been a better coordinator than what people give him credit for. Did u see the Jets Coordinator who had Sanchez drop back 60 times against JPP and Tuck lol. If Reese would do his job like Acorsi had...we would be a much better team. This team needs some vocal leadership that Reese failed to produce to this day, and we need more guys who play with heart than a gym rat with a nice physique.

sideline sneek
12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
He earned his stripes!</P>

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 11:48 AM
my favorite part of the KG bashing is the amateur play callers. As if we know what play was called vs. what play was checked out, who had a terrible week of practice, who is limited in the game, etc etc....KG is a good coordinator, the problem is (and it's not limited to NYG fans) if a coordinator is not considered the best there is, at some point, the fan base will blame the coaching, not the players. Our offense is very good, and finding a good OC is not easy, just ask the Jets.

BigBlue2010
12-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm still not sold. In the last few years we've had 4 WR's step up to pro bowl or near probowl level while everything else has gotten worse. Granted Gillbride should get credit for that but we've invested considerable resources to support his passing offense and our success rate can't be sustainable.

BigBlue wins
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
He's always been against the run for the better term of his coaching calls, and he is so pass happy that I think he hurts the teams chances when some creativity is needed when called upon.

I think he has some good assistants under him to draw up plays, but I question him when he does stupid things, like stop running in 2008 against the eagles in playoffs. Our running game was arguably the best in the NFL then, and he stops it to use all his pass happy plays. What in sam hill were you thinking???

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm still not sold. In the last few years we've had 4 WR's step up to pro bowl or near probowl level while everything else has gotten worse. Granted Gillbride should get credit for that but we've invested considerable resources to support his passing offense and our success rate can't be sustainable.

Invested considerable resources to support the passing offense? Reese did a good job drafting Nicks, and the caoching staff did a good job developing young players. We never spent much money for a great free agent veteran receiver, tight end, receving running back or even a high priced Left Tackle. All of the money on the Giants were spent on the Defensive Line and secondary. We have two undrafted rookies helping our passing attack. We chose not to go after Steve Smith, Plax or even Kevin Boss.

Gilbride has turned "Nobodys" into Pro Bowlers under his offense. Derek Hagan even had some success in this offense. If the receviers could hang on to the damn ball...it would be Eli Manning smashing passing records...but i guess those drops are all on Gilbride.

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Invested considerable resources to support the passing offense? Reese did a good job drafting Nicks, and the caoching staff did a good job developing young players. We never spent much money for a great free agent veteran receiver, tight end, receving running back or even a high priced Left Tackle. All of the money on the Giants were spent on the Defensive Line and secondary. We have two undrafted rookies helping our passing attack. We chose not to go after Steve Smith, Plax or even Kevin Boss.

Gilbride has turned "Nobodys" into Pro Bowlers under his offense. Derek Hagan even had some success in this offense. If the receviers could hang on to the damn ball...it would be Eli Manning smashing passing records...but i guess those drops are all on Gilbride.

don't forget our RBs...a 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder.

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks almost forgot about that. The Giants coaching staff has done a wonderful job developing these guys. Gilbride has always put our players in positions to succeed, and doesnt start a young player until he fully grasps the offense (unless Reese puts Gilbride into a position where he has to start a young player). Eli Manning would be against letting Gilbride walk. Why would people even consider letting Mannings coach and OC leave...doesnt he lose enough people around him? Please lets put Eli in position to succeed for once.

don't forget our RBs...a 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder.

fletch842
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Give the man a break. Yall ran Sean Payton out of town and look how great he is now because people acted as if Kerry Collins was the greatest Qb ever.
Most of us were pretty shocked when JF punted Payton as his OC. Saw it as a desperate move by a desperate head coach. I really liked the way Payton ran the offense.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
my favorite part of the KG bashing is the amateur play callers. As if we know what play was called vs. what play was checked out, who had a terrible week of practice, who is limited in the game, etc etc....KG is a good coordinator, the problem is (and it's not limited to NYG fans) if a coordinator is not considered the best there is, at some point, the fan base will blame the coaching, not the players.* Our offense is very good, and finding a good OC is not easy, just ask the Jets.

Sanchez is garbage... Eli is way beter than Sanchez.. In fact Id liek to see us run an O like that with a guy like ELi who could make the throws... Ill say our O wouldnt be leading the league in numbers but Id bet we won more games...

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Here is a guy that says the pass sets up the run in an interview...

He passes to much... If we pass more than run with a lead thats an issue... Even Rex Ryan said he was very suprised that we were throwing the ball with the lead...

Our OC helps the opposition just as much as he tries to help us.. His playcalling is terrible...

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
First off I want to say that Eli Manning has gotten better and better each season under Gilbride, why mess that progession up. The Main Problem with this Offense, is every year we have a young player learning this offense because Reese chooses to let Eli's favorite targets walk each year. Nicks, Manningham, Cruz and Ballard are very young.

Every complains that Gilbride is too pass happy but under Gilbride we had some of the best rushing attacks in Giants history. Until this year our run game hasnot been good (due to Reese neglecting the OLine), but Gilbride still managed to keep some balance.
Eli has dropped back a total of 556 times to the run being called 380 times. We are dead last in running the ball....We are even lucky to even be running the ball at all.

If Baas is going to continue to be our Center, then we need to be in the Shotgun formation because his snap is the only + in his game. We have two amazing receivers in Nicks and Cruz. Cruz is breaking records and hes a playmaker...Gilbride is doing a great job finding different ways to use Cruz. Gilbride has been playing to our strengths all season long and people constantly blame him....Running the ball our of a shotgun formation is ok when u have an Offensive Line that doesnt maul a DL at the point of attack....We need to be as deceptive as we can with this Oline. I also think the Shotgun RUn has been our best running formation and we broke off some big runs and valuable two point conversions with it.

Give the man a break. Yall ran Sean Payton out of town and look how great he is now because people acted as if Kerry Collins was the greatest Qb ever. Kevin Gilbride has been a better coordinator than what people give him credit for. Did u see the Jets Coordinator who had Sanchez drop back 60 times against JPP and Tuck lol. If Reese would do his job like Acorsi had...we would be a much better team. This team needs some vocal leadership that Reese failed to produce to this day, and we need more guys who play with heart than a gym rat with a nice physique.

Here are my issues with our offense:

1. Our QB and WR's continue to have trouble getting on the same page. And this is not something that's attributable to just young players because it's happened with the vets as well.

2. On 3rd and short we go deep way too often, and on 3rd and long we dump it off or run a draw way too often.

3. Poor clock management. We rarely use the short passing game to control the clock when we need to protect a lead. We pass way too often in short yardage when our running game is working. Now, I'm fully aware that Eli has a tendency to make this mistake, by checking out of KG's run play and going to the pass, just as he did on the INT late in the game with the Jets. But IMO it's up to our coaches to make sure Eli sticks with the run game. Perfect example is after that pick, we ran the ball on every 1st and 2nd down after that, heck even on 3rd and 6 we ran Ware on a draw.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 02:38 PM

Here are my issues with our offense:*

1.* Our QB and WR's continue to have trouble getting on the same page.* And this is not something that's attributable to just young players because it's happened with the vets as well.*

2.* On 3rd and short we go deep way too often, and on 3rd and long we dump it off or run a draw way too often.

3.* Poor clock management.* We rarely use the short passing game to control the clock when we need to protect a lead.* We pass way too often in short yardage when our running game is working.* Now, I'm fully aware that Eli has a tendency to make this mistake, by checking out of KG's run play and going to the pass, just as he did on the INT late in the game with the Jets.* But IMO it's up to our coaches to make sure Eli sticks with the run game.* Perfect example is after that pick, we ran the ball on every 1st and 2nd down after that, heck even on 3rd and 6 we ran Ware on a draw.

Exactly...

Its also becuase our WRS are always 25 yards down the field on every play so nauturally the huddle forms later...

bashful
12-27-2011, 02:47 PM
You KG lovers can't see the forest beyond the trees the man is an idiot.
He has done ABSOULETLEY ABSOULETELY nothing to help Eli, he has yet to use Eli's strengths to his advantage, he does not know how to use his players, he loses it inside the twenty and never ever changes his game plan, he makes no adjustments, and gets out coached by the better teams.
Statistics don't mean crap it is wins that count, Eli bails his but out because of audibles, if this troll is such an offensive genius why is our red zone offense so ****ty, why does he continuously get out coached.
We run our best offense when we are in a no huddle - because the troll has little say, yet we NVEVER ONCE have used it unless it is the end of the half or end of the game.
The man stinks- he couldn't coach the cheerleaders or for that matter teach a donkey with the runs to take a crap.

Gianthunter
12-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Shows there alot of teams inthe NFL that are worse off at DC than the Giants are with Fewell.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 02:58 PM
He has done ABSOULETLEY ABSOULETELY nothing to help Eli, he has yet to use Eli's strengths to his advantage, he does not know how to use his players, he loses it inside the twenty and never ever changes his game plan, he makes no adjustments, and gets out coached by the better teams.
Statistics don't mean crap it is wins that count, Eli bails his but out because of audibles, if this troll is such an offensive genius why is our red zone offense so ****ty, why does he continuously get out coached.
We run our best offense when we are in a no huddle - because the troll has little say, yet we NVEVER ONCE have used it unless it is the end of the half or end of the game.
The man stinks- he couldn't coach the cheerleaders or for that matter teach a donkey with the runs to take a crap.

BAM!!! As long as Eli has been in this scheme, do we really even need an OC??? Or how come since its TC's playbook... Why isnt he calling the plays like alot of other HC's... Just a waste of money... TC should be running the O...

CGYgiant
12-27-2011, 02:59 PM

The IQ of mindless Gilbride haters is evidently a lot lower then others..

BigBlue2010
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM

Ha Ha, thanks for assuming I'm an idiot. No, I didn't mean free agents; I was referring to draft picks. We've made 6 picks over the last 5 years on receiving threats in the first three rounds. That's a considerable investment and with Gillbride's offense you always have to have a few in the hopper. Granted, Cruz was undrafted but we've still had 4 really great WR's emerge. We've been very successfull but you can also argue we've invested more in receivers than any other position.

Obviously, we've also invested greatly in secondary & DL but we've made what, 1 top 3 pick on a LB and one on the OL? Just my opinion, but I think to blindly brag that our strength is Gillbride's pass offense so he must be really successful and good for our team is pretty short sighted.

T-Murda84
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Ha Ha, thanks for assuming I'm an idiot. No, I didn't mean free agents; I was referring to draft picks. We've made 6 picks over the last 5 years on receiving threats in the first three rounds. That's a considerable investment and with Gillbride's offense you always have to have a few in the hopper. Granted, Cruz was undrafted but we've still had 4 really great WR's emerge. We've been very successfull but you can also argue we've invested more in receivers than any other position.

Obviously, we've also invested greatly in secondary & DL but we've made what, 1 top 3 pick on a LB and one on the OL? Just my opinion, but I think to blindly brag that our strength is Gillbride's pass offense so he must be really successful and good for our team is pretty short sighted.

You also have to remember that Gilbride and the coaching staff developed those guys. Theres a reason Nicks is performing waaaay better than Crabtree, Harvin, Heyward Bey, etc. Theres a reason why an Undrafted Rookie named Victor Cruz is performing better than those guys too. Steve Smith caught 100 ball in ONE SEASON!, even if Smith was healthy he would never do that with the Eagles. Jake Ballard surprised every1 because the coaching staff worked with him...Reese thought that Beckum had the talent to be the starter, guess he was wrong again.

We even groomed Kevin Boss to be a replacement for Shockey and had pretty much the same production and probably would of had more if he didnt have the concussions. Reese did not believe in Boss skillset to pay him that money, so it shows that Gilbride and the offense made Boss look alot better.

Give Gilbride some credit, he always seem to find some balance within the offense and puts average players in position to succeed. If we had some sort of an Offensive Line (Reese's fault) and some sort of a Defense we would not be worrying about firing Coughlin.

bashful
12-27-2011, 08:38 PM

The IQ of mindless Gilbride haters is evidently a lot lower then others..

didn't realize because I don't agree with you I am mindless. _ LOOK AT THE TROLLS RECORD SINCE HE ENTERED THE PROS.
For the record I would rather be mindless than ignorant at least I have an excuse - you don't