PDA

View Full Version : Expectations-The Game-Ambivalence

Red Dog
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't know what to expect Sunday night, a smash mouth "D" with a pass rush and a hot Eli hand without receiver drops and a team full of fight, ORRR another "play-for-pay" and "Goodbye-Tom" night, ORRR feeding on my frenzied ambivalence as to whether or not we even belong in the playoffs, I do want us there, but then, do I? We make it and the result might be no changes in team or coaches and the same-old-same-old next year of win one or two big ones and lose to lesser talented opponents, but then my hopes for a bury JJ and team 44-17 send them back to Dallas to their billion dollar plus crypt return and i yell "Yeh, that's it bury the bums!"

brad
12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I think either way, Coughlin remains and so does KG... Fewell's fate is probably already decided as well, so you might as well root for the win :)

GameTime
12-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't know what to expect Sunday night, a smash mouth "D" with a pass rush and a hot Eli hand without receiver drops and a team full of fight, ORRR another "play-for-pay" and "Goodbye-Tom" night, ORRR feeding on my frenzied ambivalence as to whether or not we even belong in the playoffs, I do want us there, but then, do I? We make it and the result might be no changes in team or coaches and the same-old-same-old next year of win one or two big ones and lose to lesser talented opponents, but then my hopes for a bury JJ and team 44-17 send them back to Dallas to their billion dollar plus crypt return and i yell "Yeh, that's it bury the bums!"</P>

already a thread on this topic...</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2394116.aspx</P>

you root for your team to win especially versus a div rival and especially with playoff implications.</P>

</P>

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 11:45 AM
IMO this isn't even an Q...I want to bury the Cowboys and embarrass them. You never know what will happen in the playoffs. The terrible Colts D in 06 tightened up in time to make a run, we saw a run of our own. Getting to the playoffs isn't to be taken for granted. Stick with your gut, bury the bums!

GameTime
12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
IMO this isn't even an Q...I want to bury the Cowboys and embarrass them. You never know what will happen in the playoffs. The terrible Colts D in 06 tightened up in time to make a run, we saw a run of our own. Getting to the playoffs isn't to be taken for granted. Stick with your gut, bury the bums!
</P>

agreed...</P>

In the imortal words of Herm Edwards...</P>

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".....</P>

JimC
12-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I think either way, Coughlin remains and so does KG... Fewell's fate is probably already decided as well, so you might as well root for the win :)

Are you saying that if a lose would bring the firing of TC and KG that you would rather lose than win the division?????? Are you serious????