PDA

View Full Version : Mangenius DC?

Bluesmash
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
He knows from the 4-3 in his early days with the Pats, and ran one his first year with the Jets.

There's a rumor he turned down the Eagles coordinator position.

I can think of worse choices.

Two control freaks in the locker?

(Ready for flames.)

Idkaname
12-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Who...

RagTime Blue
12-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Who...

The Mangina

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 10:58 AM
<div><font size="2" face="Arial"><span class="809125715-27122011">he seems like a
really smart guy on ESPN, but I think he's completely wrong for this team. Our
D is very emotional and they played their best football under aggressive coaches
who looked like maniacs on the sideline (Spags, and Fewell last year). Mangina
would be another Bill Sheridan from everything I've seen about him. Althought it
would be hilarious watching him try to cover up O$i's antics next year if we
don't move him.</span></font></div>

Redeyejedi
12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I like Bo Pelini Head Coach of Nebraska a lot but I dont know if he would come back to the NFL as a Defensive Coordinator. He has developed some very good football players as a defensive coach over the years. Very good at defending the pass

jhamburg
12-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I like Bo Pelini Head Coach of Nebraska a lot but I dont know if he would come back to the NFL as a Defensive Coordinator. He has developed some very good football players as a defensive coach over the years. Very good at defending the pass

Yeah I don't know that leaving a program like that for a DC position would be considered a "step up"

NYSPORTS
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I think it's a real risk.

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 12:24 PM
He'd be fine for another team, but no way I want him on the Giants.

fletch842
12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
let's see how the last week and playoffs play out, before we all fire Perry. If the team plays amped up like they did against the Jets or Packers, I don't see big changes to the coaching staff.

Of course Fewel's contract is up at the end of the season, so he could decide to move on, or possibly land a HC job. He has received interviews the last few years.

NYfanatic
12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
nah he lost the jets players in 2008 and wouldnt bring any emotion to this team.

TheReal_LT
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
"and Fewell last year"

I think Fewell deserves a pass this year because of all of the injuries....I believe we ranked soemthing like 8th overall on defense last year...

JJC7301
12-27-2011, 01:08 PM
No, but I like the idea of hiring someone who works or worked under a defensive genius like Belichek. How about Pepper Johnson? He was one heck of a Giant, as well.

burier
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
He'll definately know how to cheat real good.

DelawareGiants
12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I think the better choice if it comes to Fewell leaving for a HC position or NYG brass not re-upping his contract is Spags. Look at all the talk out of St Louis about them bringing in Gruden. We offer Spags a really good contract with him being the next giant head coach once TC retires.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd take Mangini if we could be extremely active in Free Agency to transition to a 34.

Sign Pouha, keep Canty as the 5, Linval on the opposite side, JPP as the JACK LB, and draft accordingly.

hungrrrry
12-27-2011, 01:37 PM
let's see how the last week and playoffs play out, before we all fire Perry. If the team plays amped up like they did against the Jets or Packers, I don't see big changes to the coaching staff.

Of course Fewel's contract is up at the end of the season, so he could decide to move on, or possibly land a HC job. He has received interviews the last few years.Generally I would agree on seeing how this season works out but even still...who says Fewell won't go back to the horse**** style of play he has had this year? I couldnt trust that and sign him on again. He has proven to be in charge of the near-worst defense in the league...you can't do worse by bring in a better prospect ...said prospect would have to be a believer in base 4-3 D and not one to hybridise too much. Hybrid defense causes complications in the defense where the base IQ is 89. Keep it simple for the dumber players...sorry to say it like that but the fact is, not alot of these guys went through college to be smart so as a coach don't outsmart your players and your defense (in this case) should thrive.

TheReal_LT
12-27-2011, 01:51 PM
I think the better choice if it comes to Fewell leaving for a HC position or NYG brass not re-upping his contract is Spags. Look at all the talk out of St Louis about them bringing in Gruden. We offer Spags a really good contract with him being the next giant head coach once TC retires.

I'd sign up for this...I don't think you can judge Spags HC ability much when the Rams don't really have too much talent to begin with