PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Giants Stadium handing out All White Rally Towels...

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
They will say ALL IN..

Kind of sick if you ask me...

what do you think?

http://www.facebook.com/giants101
The New York Giants will be giving out white rally towels this Sunday to all fans in attendance. The towels will read "ALL IN".

nygiantfanalways
12-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I love it. My brother and I were recently in Pittsburgh the week they played the Browns on that thursday night game. And I'd have to say those fans really support there team. I mean I couldnt belive that stadium with the terrible towels going around. I've been to a few Giants games and I'd have to say our fans are nothing like that.

So I'm all for the white towels!!!!

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 12:42 PM
YES!!! I think we should... From here on out its playoff type games... Give the fans something to twirl around and hype for the game... 12 man with towels baby!!! Place would be rockin!!!

Joe Morrison
12-27-2011, 12:42 PM
They will say ALL IN.. Kind of sick if you ask me... what do you think? http://www.facebook.com/giants101 The New York Giants will be giving out white rally towels this Sunday to all fans in attendance. The towels will read "ALL IN".</P>

For all the Gray Beards like myself the last time I saw the white was the white hankies at Yankee Stadium chanting GOODBYE ALI!</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Sweet, I would love to go :( So expensive!!

GameTime
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
They will say ALL IN.. Kind of sick if you ask me... what do you think? http://www.facebook.com/giants101 The New York Giants will be giving out white rally towels this Sunday to all fans in attendance. The towels will read "ALL IN".</P>

Back in 2000 when they git slaughtered in the SB by the Ravens they handed them out for the playoffs when they beat the Eagles and killed the Vikings. It was great!!!! Makes a difference and looks very cool too....</P>

I like the idea. I still have my two towels from 2000!!!</P>

SIMMS5611
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
A towel is a nice little collectible, but the Jets handed 'em out to their fans last week...</P>

How'd that work for them? [:D]</P>

nygiantfanalways
12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I think I'd rather see blue towels handed out though....

rebelfan1966
12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Let's just hope the 12th man shows up for the game.... and does not leave early if we get in a rut.

Kase-1
12-27-2011, 12:58 PM
A towel is a nice little collectible, but the Jets handed 'em out to their fans last week...</p>

How'd that work for them? [:D]</p>You sure about that, I was at the game and they did no such thing

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
I think its going to be good bc for all the fat cats their for show and not for the game can sit on their fat butts and wave the white towel without standing up...and for the old people too haha

GOBIGBLUE52
12-27-2011, 01:11 PM
My dad still has his from 2000 NFC championship game.

I still have mine from the 2005 home game against Dallas which had huge divisional implications (we won, I believe it was the only time we won wearing the red jerseys).

Kase-1
12-27-2011, 01:13 PM
While Ive never gotten a towel from the Giants, Ive saved all my towels that I recieved from NY Rangers playoff games.... Its a nice memento

NYSPORTS
12-27-2011, 01:17 PM

I still have mine from the 2005 home game against Dallas which had huge divisional implications (we won, I believe it was the only time we won wearing the red jerseys).

I just looked at my 2000 towel yesterday. Still have it lol.

GiantsYanks
12-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Yup I got mixed feelings with these towels.. 2000 NFC Championship game was great but we got towels in the 2008 playoff games against the Eagles. Well lets just say that turned into a rag for my car.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Hey man, anyway you can post pictures, Id love to see it!

stormblue
12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I love it. My brother and I were recently in Pittsburgh the week they played the Browns on that thursday night game. And I'd have to say those fans really support there team. I mean I couldnt belive that stadium with the terrible towels going around. I've been to a few Giants games and I'd have to say our fans are nothing like that.

you can pass out the towels......but this ain't pittsburgh or seattle..
so you can't make us wave 'em around and shout and raise hell and all that 12th man stuff
'cuz , after all , we are giants fans.....

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
LOL, I forgot they did that...bottom line, towels will be used for rags if the defense/offense doesnt come out firing ready to go!

NYSPORTS
12-27-2011, 01:29 PM

so you can't make us wave 'em around and shout and raise hell and all that 12th man stuff

Oh please, everybody will be waiving them.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:31 PM

true indeed.....if we had seattle's fanbase support at GiantsLife Stadium, man oh man....

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Yes, while sitting down lol!

SIMMS5611
12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
A towel is a nice little collectible, but the Jets handed 'em out to their fans last week...</P>

You sure about that, I was at the game and they did no such thing
</P>

They were talking about the Jets handing them out on WFAN on Friday, and the only reason I</P>

remember is b/c they said the towels were gonna be white, &amp; Jet fans were calling in, freaking out,</P>

b/c Rex Ryan wanted a "Green Out", &amp; they were saying how can you have a "Green Out" w/white</P>

towels all over the place, not to mention the Giants were gonna be in their road whites, soI'd imagine</P>

that, at least on TV, fans waving those towels would've looked pro-Giants. I guess Jets Mgmt </P>

reconsidered, and right now, somewhere in the 3rd world, they're opening up cases &amp; cases of</P>

Jets towels/diapers...</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM

You sure about that, I was at the game and they did no such thing
</P>

They were talking about the Jets handing them out on WFAN on Friday, and the only reason I</P>

remember is b/c they said the towels were gonna be white, & Jet fans were calling in, freaking out,</P>

b/c Rex Ryan wanted a "Green Out", & they were saying how can you have a "Green Out" w/white</P>

towels all over the place, not to mention the Giants were gonna be in their road whites, soI'd imagine</P>

that, at least on TV, fans waving those towels would've looked pro-Giants. I guess Jets Mgmt </P>

reconsidered, and right now, somewhere in the 3rd world, they're opening up cases & cases of</P>

Jets towels/diapers...</P>
Well, if you watch the game over, there are definately Jets fans waving white towels...so either ALOT of fans brought white towels on their own OR they did, actually, hand out white towels.

NYfanatic
12-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I love it, we need to get our fans into the game for once over the last 2 years. We have a shot at the playoffs and we need to get the 12th man in it! Lets go Big Blue!
Maybe if Coughlin doesnt want to motivate the players the fans will!

nygsb42champs
12-27-2011, 01:50 PM
We are all in!!!! Go G-MEN!!!!

NYG216
12-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I still have my white towel from the Carolina playoff game on Jan 8, 2006. "The Drive to Detroit - Playoffs 2005"... what a terrible game that was.

stormblue
12-27-2011, 01:57 PM

well , i was just being a little sarcastic to help lite a fire under our fan base , but if you really want to get real about it, the truth is ;
yes they will shout and wave them around....until we get behind by a touchdown.....from that point on you will be able to hear Romo's snap count loud and clear. if you really do disagree with me then you are either (a) not a giants fan, or (b) never been to giants games. we are absolutely with out a doubt .........a "fair-weather-fan" 12th man

and we all know it , so why don't you ?

Firenugget
12-27-2011, 02:06 PM

I just looked at my 2000 towel yesterday. Still have it lol.

lol I was just thinking how great it would be to smash the Cowpies 41-0ish like Minn.

NYSPORTS
12-27-2011, 02:06 PM

well , i was just being a little sarcastic to help lite a fire under our fan base , but if you really want to get real about it, the truth is ;
yes they will shout and wave them around....until we get behind by a touchdown.....from that point on you will be able to hear Romo's snap count loud and clear. if you really do disagree with me then you are either (a) not a giants fan, or (b) never been to giants games. we are absolutely with out a doubt .........a "fair-weather-fan" 12th man

It's always loud when the season is on the line. If you disagree, maybe you should question your (a) and (b).

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM

It's always loud when the season is on the line. If you disagree, maybe you should question your (a) and (b).

Remember last year vs the Jaguars..the crowd was intense

GameTime
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
I love it. My brother and I were recently in Pittsburgh the week they played the Browns on that thursday night game. And I'd have to say those fans really support there team. I mean I couldnt belive that stadium with the terrible towels going around. I've been to a few Giants games and I'd have to say our fans are nothing like that. So I'm all for the white towels!!!! you can pass out the towels......but this ain't pittsburgh or seattle.. so you can't make us wave 'em around and shout and raise hell and all that 12th man stuff 'cuz , after all , we are giants fans..... Oh please, everybody will be waiving them. well , i was just being a little sarcastic to help lite a fire under our fan base , but if you really want to get real about it, the truth is ; yes they will shout and wave them around....until we get behind by a touchdown.....from that point on you will be able to hear Romo's snap count loud and clear. if you really do disagree with me then you are either (a) not a giants fan, or (b) never been to giants games. we are absolutely with out a doubt .........a "fair-weather-fan" 12th man and we all know it , so why don't you ? It's always loud when the season is on the line. If you disagree, maybe you should question your (a) and (b).</P>

I have been going to Giants games for over 25 years and the crowd has always been a "what have you done for me lately" type crowd. Now it seems to be a bit worse but the Giants crowd would never just sit there and scream their heads off for no reason. They play well and you hear it. They play like **** and you get next tonothing. </P>

Vtgmenfan89
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I am all in. If you're at the game wave that **** around non stop and get loud as a mother ****er when the D is out there!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could go

Rabbit86
12-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Towels are fine - but PLEASE wear the white jerseys. Rode them to the Super Bowl, and record is fine in them this year. Makes Dallas wear their ugly blue. Keep the white the rest of the season - even at home.

DelawareGiants
12-27-2011, 02:58 PM
White towel so hopefully the white jerseys of the Cowboys will get lost in the sea of white towels and Romo will not be able to see receivers as well. (They will be covered anyway, Right!)

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Towels are fine - but PLEASE wear the white jerseys. Rode them to the Super Bowl, and record is fine in them this year. Makes Dallas wear their ugly blue. Keep the white the rest of the season - even at home.

Giants have already announced they are wearing their blue's. Also, apparently, you must file with the league office before the season if you plan on changing your normal colors for a game during the year so they couldn't change now if they wanted to.

BlueJayC
12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I think I'd rather see blue towels handed out though....</P>

Now this would be sick and different......last white towel I have is from the Carolina Playoff game.....I now use it to wipe s*** off the tailgate grill.</P>

Red, White and Blue towels would be great too......but I still LOVE the all <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>BLUE</FONT> idea.......stadium would look awesome.....</P>

NYG 5
12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I think I'd rather see blue towels handed out though....</P>

Now this would be sick and different......last white towel I have is from the Carolina Playoff game.....I now use it to wipe s*** off the tailgate grill.</P>

Red, White and Blue towels would be great too......but I still LOVE the all <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>BLUE</FONT> idea.......stadium would look awesome.....</P>

See, I don't like that idea, because blue towels would get lost in a sea of blue.

Now, white towels against a blue backround would show up real nice. Or red towels. Actually, red would be pretty cool. The giants could have their own terrible towel, called the Terrific Tampon

RoanokeFan
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
They will say ALL IN..

what do you think?

The New York Giants will be giving out white rally towels this Sunday to all fans in attendance. The towels will read "ALL IN".

FANTASTIC!!

I was listening to Bob Papa and his sidekick this morning and Bob was going on about his "estimate" that 40% of the crowd at the jets home game were GIANTS fans. It seems they gave out green towels to attendees and Bob said there were a lot of those towels thrown into the trash as soon as they were handed out to the GIANTS' fans. lol

RoanokeFan
12-27-2011, 05:18 PM
They will say ALL IN.. Kind of sick if you ask me... what do you think? http://www.facebook.com/giants101 The New York Giants will be giving out white rally towels this Sunday to all fans in attendance. The towels will read "ALL IN".</p>

Back in 2000 when they git slaughtered in the SB by the Ravens they handed them out for the playoffs when they beat the Eagles and killed the Vikings. It was great!!!! Makes a difference and looks very cool too....</p>

I like the idea. I still have my two towels from 2000!!!</p>

No loofah to complement? [:(]

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
They will say ALL IN..

what do you think?

FANTASTIC!!

I was listening to Bob Papa and his sidekick this morning and Bob was going on about his "estimate" that 40% of the crowd at the jets home game were GIANTS fans.* It seems they gave out green towels to attendees and Bob said there were a lot of those towels thrown into the trash as soon as they were handed out to the GIANTS' fans.* lol

I believe one of the OP said they were white, regardless, thats hilarious. I could of done something better with the towels instead of throwing them out...

Wiped up the floor after the Giants laid those bums out!

NYGiants2120
12-27-2011, 05:29 PM
sweet! i love seeing all the white twirling in the stands, players better be fired up!

RoanokeFan
12-27-2011, 05:35 PM
They will say ALL IN..

what do you think?

FANTASTIC!!

I was listening to Bob Papa and his sidekick this morning and Bob was going on about his "estimate" that 40% of the crowd at the jets home game were GIANTS fans. It seems they gave out green towels to attendees and Bob said there were a lot of those towels thrown into the trash as soon as they were handed out to the GIANTS' fans. lol

I believe one of the OP said they were white, regardless, thats hilarious. I could of done something better with the towels instead of throwing them out...

Wiped up the floor after the Giants laid those bums out!

[Y]

Dabluguy
12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I wish I had tickets to that. I think that crowd is going to be pumped up and roaring.

Gianthunter
12-27-2011, 06:17 PM
No white flags go blue. This isn't loser penn state.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
No white flags go blue. This isn't loser penn state.
Giants wearing blue jerseys, why would we use a blue towel...

Cowboys wearing whites, towels are white....confuse Romo

Gianthunter
12-27-2011, 06:35 PM
No white flags go blue. This isn't loser penn state. Giants wearing blue jerseys, why would we use a blue towel... Cowboys wearing whites, towels are white....confuse RomoSimple NO SURRENDER FLAGS!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 06:48 PM
No white flags go blue. This isn't loser penn state. Giants wearing blue jerseys, why would we use a blue towel... Cowboys wearing whites, towels are white....confuse RomoSimple NO SURRENDER FLAGS!
LOL! yah bro, or All RED flags...

There will be blood flags!

GMENAGAIN
12-27-2011, 08:34 PM
They did it for the playoff game against Carolina in 2005 and the place was rockin'!</P>

Of course, that game didn't turn out too well for us . . .. . </P>

</P>

AllTuckedUp
12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I want one!!

DemandedAce
12-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Are we wearing white to force Dallas to wear the blues they dislike or are we going Big Blue with white towels?

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Are we wearing white to force Dallas to wear the blues they dislike or are we going Big Blue with white towels?</P>

We're wearing blue. Giants released a statement today to confirm and also said jersey colors have to be submitted before the season even starts, so no switching.</P>

Slunk3AM
12-27-2011, 10:05 PM
I think they are going with white towels because neither blue or red will be bright or noticeable enough. Imagine waving blue towels, that would be kind of hard to see.

White towels on the other hand jump out and can be easily seen and hard to ignore from the field.

DemandedAce
12-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Are we wearing white to force Dallas to wear the blues they dislike or are we going Big Blue with white towels?</P>

We're wearing blue.* Giants released a statement today to confirm and also said jersey colors have to be submitted before the season even starts, so no switching.</P>

Kk thanks, I wasn't sure.

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
They will say ALL IN.. Kind of sick if you ask me... what do you think? http://www.facebook.com/giants101 The New York Giants will be giving out white rally towels this Sunday to all fans in attendance. The towels will read "ALL IN".</p>

For all the Gray Beards like myself the last time I saw the white was the white hankies at Yankee Stadium chanting GOODBYE ALI!</p>

Still got my towels from the 2000 run.

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 05:44 PM
They will say ALL IN..

what do you think?

i was trying to get tickets for the game, then i decided not to, now I may have to just because of the towels

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 05:52 PM
They will say ALL IN..

what do you think?

i was trying to get tickets for the game, then i decided not to, now I may have to just because of the towels

If i had leave this holidays I would be there.

NYG 5
12-28-2011, 06:13 PM
I think bright red towels would look good against a blue crowd. The steeler gold always shows up well against the black crowd.

But yes, white is the most visible, and they're not surrender flags you dumbasses

Roswell777
12-28-2011, 06:19 PM
I want a wash cloth and some Q tips.

Happy holidays.

Go blue.

wado1
12-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I wish they were blue.