PDA

View Full Version : Welker to Denver.....Cruz to Pats?

flashnando
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
They are saying that Denver might get Welker so does that mean the pats will go after Cruz?

shane4177
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
I hope not......I would ratherpay out those nose for Cruz than see him go to that organization...

Cloud57
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
They are saying that Denver might get Welker so does that mean the pats will go after Cruz?why wouldn't they?

drewz
03-13-2013, 03:37 PM
No, they'll probably go for Amendola

flashnando
03-13-2013, 03:37 PM
No, they'll probably go for Amendola

Actually I could see them doing that, didn't think about Amendola.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
They are saying that Denver might get Welker so does that mean the pats will go after Cruz?

They could, but remember, they don't have all of their draft picks for 2013. Maybe they will look at another alternative in the UFA market first. But I can see them wanting him because he is a newer, better, younger version of Welker who has been a play maker for them for years. The have the CAP space to do whatever they want. Cruz would not be a drop off in any sense from Welker.

AGiantDynasty
03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
I can see both happening. Its not like the pats have had a good track record with drafting lately. They seem to love bringing in big name, established players.

Haynesworth, Chad Johnson, moss.. etc.

flashnando
03-13-2013, 03:42 PM
I can see both happening. Its not like the pats have had a good track record with drafting lately. They seem to love bringing in big name, established players.

Who is Haynesworth?

pino
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Well they have to offer Cruz enough money that the Giants won't match, as well as give us a 1st round pick. That's usually not the Pats style to offer so much for a WR but you never know.

So if Cruz does go, it may be for the best as the Giants may have to gut more of the team to pay for his services. I honestly don't think Cruz is going anywhere, and the first round pick is making teams look elsewhere for help.

Carter.525
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Who is Haynesworth?

Albert

pino
03-13-2013, 03:45 PM

They paid next to nothing for their services though.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Well they have to offer Cruz enough money that the Giants won't match, as well as give us a 1st round pick. That's usually not the Pats style to offer so much for a WR but you never know.

So if Cruz does go, it may be for the best as the Giants may have to gut more of the team to pay for his services. I honestly don't think Cruz is going anywhere, and the first round pick is making teams look elsewhere for help.

John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" Cruz might receive. So let's not get ahead of the story as no offers have yet been made. The other issue is the actual market value for wide receivers of Cruz's skill sets. That may change based on what other FAs are commanding which could elevate the price the Giants may pay to keep Cruz.

miked1958
03-13-2013, 03:51 PM
They are saying that Denver might get Welker so does that mean the pats will go after Cruz?This is potentially bad news. Being that he is in a close knit family i didnt see him straying to far from home so i wasnt to concerned with the Rams and Minny rumors. However NE I think he would seriously consider

miked1958
03-13-2013, 03:53 PM
John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" Cruz might receive. So let's not get ahead of the story as no offers have yet been made. The other issue is the actual market value for wide receivers of Cruz's skill sets. That may change based on what other FAs are commanding which could elevate the price the Giants may pay to keep Cruz.I could just see BB making some crazy offer to steal him from us and if we match then he has sucessfully crippled us even further then we already are Cap wise. Win win for BB and the Pats to put in a Stupid offer

flashnando
03-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Albert

Oh that bum! lol

How can i forget him, its the guy who robbed the redskins clean lol

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 03:54 PM
This is potentially bad news. Being that he is in a close knit family i didnt see him straying to far from home so i wasnt to concerned with the Rams and Minny rumors. However NE I think he would seriously consider

He also went to UMass and when we played in Foxboro the Crrruuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz chants were pretty loud. Still, I think Condon will do everything he can to keep Victor in NY. It may not work, but I do see that as the goal right now.

AGiantDynasty
03-13-2013, 03:54 PM
^
Gotta be honest RF, I don't buy Mara saying that at all. Its a posture imo. We have about 1.5 million last I checked an still need money for draft picks. DD, Tuck and Rolled would have to be released just to consider it.

They paid next to nothing for their services though.

True, but it still shows a willingness to trade players or bring in big name players. As opposed to a team like ours that rarely does it.

mikeq6722
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I could just see BB making some crazy offer to steal him from us and if we match then he has sucessfully crippled us even further then we already are Cap wise. Win win for BB and the Pats to put in a Stupid offer

If the pats put in a "crazy" or "stupid" offer, how is it a win for them? That makes no sense.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I could just see BB making some crazy offer to steal him from us and if we match then he has sucessfully crippled us even further then we already are Cap wise. Win win for BB and the Pats to put in a Stupid offer

If we match we won't be "crippled." NE will offer the market value, whatever that is by their standards. Nothing stupid involved

Toadofsteel
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" Cruz might receive. So let's not get ahead of the story as no offers have yet been made. The other issue is the actual market value for wide receivers of Cruz's skill sets. That may change based on what other FAs are commanding which could elevate the price the Giants may pay to keep Cruz.

Let me guess... that "wherewithal" comes in the form of a washed-up tackle who can't block anymore?

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
^
Gotta be honest RF, I don't buy Mara saying that at all. Its a posture imo. We have about 1.5 million last I checked an still need money for draft picks. DD, Tuck and Rolled would have to be released just to consider it.

True, but it still shows a willingness to trade players or bring in big name players. As opposed to a team like ours that rarely does it.

I tend to believe what John Mara says becasue he doens't make a ton of public statements in general and even fewer on contracts. He repeatedly has said they "won't break the bank." I believe that, too.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Let me guess... that "wherewithal" comes in the form of a washed-up tackle who can't block anymore?

You have to let that go lol

They will find money if they do a long tgerm deal. Back loading is not a negative strategy.

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
No, the talk now is that the Vikings will sign Victor Cruz as Percy Harvin's replacement, and gladly hand over their first pick.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:05 PM
No, the talk now is that the Vikings will sign Victor Cruz as Percy Harvin's replacement, and gladly hand over their first pick.

Operative word is "talk."

Toadofsteel
You have to let that go lol

They will find money if they do a long tgerm deal. Back loading is not a negative strategy.

Backloading, unless it's fairly low on guaranteed money, is just as bad as restructuring...

AGiantDynasty
I tend to believe what John Mara says becasue he doens't make a ton of public statements in general and even fewer on contracts. He repeatedly has said they "won't break the bank." I believe that, too.

I'd tend to agree. But he has also been more vocal then his predecessors. I also feel him and Cruz are doing a ****load of posturing lately.

It seems they are both doing everything the can to keep fans on their side. In case it doesn't work out the both can say "See! We/I did all I could to make a deal work.".

Something just doesnt seem right imo..

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Talk on Sirius now is that the Vikings WILL sign Victor Cruz to replace Percy Harvin as they have the extra first round pick to give up, and much more money than the Giants can afford or even pay.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Backloading, unless it's fairly low on guaranteed money, is just as bad as restructuring...

I don't think so. I would bet Reese has a 5 and 10 year plan and can reasonably predict where they will be in CAP terms several years out. The goal is not so save CAP money, it's so spend it wisely.

Rudyy
03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Lol k Hooligans.

drewz
First, Victor Cruz has to sign his contract first

BlueSanta
As much as Cruz would fit the Pats too, they do not make a habbit up there of overpaying for players, which is what happens when you have to outbid a tendered player.

It isnt impossible, but give the Pats credit. Like all good organizations, Giants included, they consider the value side of every deal.

UKAnt14
Would Victor REALLY want to go and play under Ponder? I know he'd get a big pay cheque and all but....

PennState1
Nutz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheShouldersOf
i wouldn't be surprised if they gave an offer, when is the question

TheEnigma
03-13-2013, 04:08 PM
If that is the case, we might as well just rebuild the whole team and move to LA. We can never survive this.

RoanokeFan
I'd tend to agree. But he has also been more vocal then his predecessors. I also feel him and Cruz are doing a ****load of posturing lately.

It seems they are both doing everything the can to keep fans on their side. In case it doesn't work out the both can say "See! We/I did all I could to make a deal work.".

Something just doesnt seem right imo..

The posturing certainly got Victor's attention, yes? We have a new agent coming into the equation who works well with Reese and the organization. Personal trust between adversaries can make all the difference.

Hooligans
First, Victor Cruz has to sign his contract first

He will gladly sign his tender to get a huge payday from the Vikings.

drewz
03-13-2013, 04:09 PM

maybe, maybe not

gmenfan0488
We only have 1.5 million in cap space yet. There's no way Cruz is staying. We may not be able to even pay draft picks. We need to cut DD Tuck and Webster

miked1958
Well I hope this isnt true. Plus the pick they were talking about giving up is after ours at 23

ryan12
i have mixed feelings on this it would be nice to have 2 #1 draft picks but not sure i want that at the expence of cruz

shane4177
But we still have Nicks to lean on........and RR, and JJ, and......oh wait thats it!

pino
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
^

That's not entirely true. I say the Giants are just as active in bringing in big name players as the Pats are. Burress, Rolle, McKenzie, Canty, Weatherford, Boley, Jenkins.

Maybe not the big names like Moss and Haynesworth once were, but they were hardly the player they were when the Pats snatched them. And I don't see them going after Mike Wallace, Revis, or anyone like that this year. Ocho was just a big name for other reasons unrelated to football.

ryan12
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
If that is the case, we might as well just rebuild the whole team and move to LA. We can never survive this.

thats alittle overboard!!

Daytona Giant
03-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Another day fishing!!

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Talk on Sirius now is that the Vikings WILL sign Victor Cruz to replace Percy Harvin as they have the extra first round pick to give up, and much more money than the Giants can afford or even pay.

Thet can't "sign Cruz" no matter what else happens. For the next three days they can't make an offer. When Condon is in place, they can put forth an offer sheet that Cruz can simply ignore. If he gets their offer sheet, he will likely wait until he sees if any other team is going to present one. Once all of those offer sheets are in, he can choose ONE to present to the Giants. The Giants can then decide to match the principal terms of the offer submitted or deline and take the 1st round pick.

TheEnigma
03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
thats alittle overboard!!

Not sure honestly. Our QB has never dealt with new receivers before or helped them progress as football players.

AGiantDynasty
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
There are already threads on this topic, why do we need to keep making threads anytime someone mentions Cruz?

These boards are ridiculous.. Stop flooding the boards with the same damn threads.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM

The facts that we "know" would suggest that's not his first plan.

ryan12
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Not sure honestly. Our QB has never dealt with new receivers before or helped them progress as football players.

gotcha your missing the red font i see lol

miked1958
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Talk on Sirius now is that the Vikings WILL sign Victor Cruz to replace Percy Harvin as they have the extra first round pick to give up, and much more money than the Giants can afford or even pay."WILL SIGN" are BIG WORDS.. Maybe you should word it this way. "The Vikings will persue Victor Cruz and TRY and SIGN HIM to replace Harvin"

Carter.525
03-13-2013, 04:15 PM
have fun in Minny-soda

gmenfan0488
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Why would Cruz want to play with Ponder?

pino
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
We don't know what the Vikings offered IF TRUE. If they are offering 10/mil a year or something ridiculous, then I'd rather get the pick. Like it or not, Cruz is a #2 on this team.

nhpgiantsfan
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Actually, it's really not like them to sign huge free agent contracts. The names that you mention were just names when they brought them in. They were projects that came for cheap. Even Moss, came fairly cheap, as he was trying to re-establish himself.

AGiantDynasty
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
^
My point is huge names. None of these giants FA's were huge names. Rolle? MAYBE. But that's it. Its well known we draft most our stars. The Pats FA much more of theirs.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
That of course is in red font.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
What are you talking about bro. There's some red ink missing here.

C1010
03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
We don't know what the Vikings offered IF TRUE. If they are offering 10/mil a year or something ridiculous, then I'd rather get the pick. Like it or not, Cruz is a #2 on this team.

I agree, I'd rather give a long term deal to Nicks first personally.

BigBlue wins
03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
i read the title and almost had a ****ing heart attack

mikeq6722
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
There are already threads on this topic, why do we need to keep making threads anytime someone mentions Cruz?

These boards are ridiculous.. Stop flooding the boards with the same damn threads.

This, Im starting to remember why I stopped coming here.

nhpgiantsfan
03-13-2013, 04:26 PM
^
My point is huge names. None of these giants FA's were huge names. Rolle? MAYBE. But that's it. Its well known we draft most our stars. The Pats FA much more of theirs.

Just not true. What stars are you talking about. Last I checked, the only stars on the Pats, were Brady, Gronk, Welker, & Hernandez. The only guy there that wasn't drafted by them was Welker, and when they brought him in, trust me, he was not a star at all.

Don't mistake recognizable names for stars.

JB456
03-13-2013, 04:27 PM

IMO, there is basically no chance of the Pats going for Cruz. That organisation is cheap as hell and you think they will fork over their first round pick AND sign Cruz to a monster deal. NOPE...

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Frontrunners, Rams, Yikes and Pattsies. Yea, I could see that list growing till Condon can come into action.

miked1958
03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
i read the title and almost had a ****ing heart attackMe to. people have to be careful how the put up Thread Titles. sheeesh

JB456
03-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Frontrunners, Rams, Yikes and Pattsies. Yea, I could see that list growing till Condon can come into action.

He Cruz moves on I pray to God that it is to the Rams. 16 >>>>>>>31

TheAnalyst
03-13-2013, 04:42 PM
We can match the offer. And we should. Eli, save your season and take a small paycut. Not like you need all that money. Take a page from Brandon Jacobs who saved Bradshaw for a bit.

Carter.525
03-13-2013, 04:45 PM
We can match the offer. And we should. Eli, save your season and take a small paycut. Not like you need all that money. Take a page from Brandon Jacobs who saved Bradshaw for a bit.

+1

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM
He Cruz moves on I pray to God that it is to the Rams. 16 >>>>>>>31
The Ravens are another team that could make a run and thats only me talking, hey could be the 32 .

TCHOF
Stop creating threads implying that there is definite news about a topic when there is none . . . it's extremely annoying

chizz
If the the vikes offer a contract and giants don't match but come close I think Vic will stick with us. I hope he's no BJ

TCHOF
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
If the the vikes offer a contract and giants don't match but come close I think Vic will stick with us. I hope he's no BJ

I don't think that's how it works. Cruz has to agree to the contract first before the Giants get a chance to match. If the Giants don't match, he's a Viking.

embeshAtYa
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
enough of this crap. Can we just get to draft and camp allready?

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Stop creating threads implying that there is definite news about a topic when there is none . . . it's extremely annoying

This is definite news, and tomorrow Cruz's representation will be legal. The Vikings will definitely make an offer that the Giants cannot match.......will Cruz take it....why wouldn't he?

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't think that's how it works. Cruz has to agree to the contract first before the Giants get a chance to match. If the Giants don't match, he's a Viking.

True, but the Viking s have LOADS of cap room now that Harvin is gone and they can make an offer the Giants cannot, and probably would not match......remember the Vikings did the same with the offensive guard, Steve Hutchinson, years ago when the Seahawks made him a restricted free agent. They craft an offer they KNOW the Giants cannot match.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Ralph Vacchiano
@RVacchianoNYDN
Follow
So, one half if the NY/NJ Super Bowl is now set ... RT @AdamSchefter: Wes Welker has agreed to terms with Denver Broncos.
2:56pm - 13 Mar 13

Well the first equation is down.

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
+1

The problem is if the Giants do that, then they have to deal with Hakim Nicks next year.

Sundown
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Hell yea take him!!!

MattyD21
03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Welker would go to Denver , Pats would replace with Amendola and Rams would replace with Cruz. Rams have 2 first rounders .We would get the original pick not the one traded

Tommy_Ribs

And re-sign Brandon Jacobs and convert him to TE.

MattyD21
With Welker, Denver might have the best 3 WR's is a longggg time.

Ruttiger711
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM

How about - Cruz, save your career and take good note that you will never see all the money listed in your shiney vikings contract with Ponder at the helm, unless you're also counting on that huge Minnesota exposure for endorsements.

Better be a lot of guaranteed scratch Cruz.

GiantNYFan8
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Ralph Vacchiano
@RVacchianoNYDN
Follow
So, one half if the NY/NJ Super Bowl is now set ... RT @AdamSchefter: Wes Welker has agreed to terms with Denver Broncos.
2:56pm - 13 Mar 13

Well the first equation is down.

Nothing is a "lock" in the nfl! Although they are my favorites :)

TCHOF
03-13-2013, 05:18 PM
This is definite news, and tomorrow Cruz's representation will be legal. The Vikings will definitely make an offer that the Giants cannot match.......will Cruz take it....why wouldn't he?

Speculating that the Vikings might be or should be interested in Cruz is not news at all. I listen to NFL Radio all day and heard nothing more than speculation about who might be interested in Cruz.

fansince64
03-13-2013, 05:19 PM
He's a restricted free agent..so we have the ability to match any offer..

gmen46
Time to dust off the old "Bring in Braylon Edwards!!"thread yet?

TCHOF
True, but the Viking s have LOADS of cap room now that Harvin is gone and they can make an offer the Giants cannot, and probably would not match......remember the Vikings did the same with the offensive guard, Steve Hutchinson, years ago when the Seahawks made him a restricted free agent. They craft an offer they KNOW the Giants cannot match.

I get that, but the point is that once Cruz signs a deal with the Vikings and the Giants don't match it, there is no going back to the Giants for a lesser deal (at least that's how I think it works).

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Nothing is a "lock" in the nfl! Although they are my favorites :)
Well like you said nothing is a lock in this league and just be prepared for anything from now on . The possibility of Cruz flying away just went up IMHO.

MattyD21
03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
He's a restricted free agent..so we have the ability to match any offer..

Thats the problem, we can't

GiantNYFan8
03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Well like you said nothing is a lock in this league and just be prepared for anything from now on . The possibility of Cruz flying away just went up IMHO.

If the pats got Cruz .... smh..... they will be up there for favorites.

giantsfam04
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
I have a question, when do teams need to be under the cap? There is no doubt in my mind that as long as the deal isn't stupid the Giants will match it. They will go too the bank of Eli and get it done.

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
At this point the Giants have to consider the real possibility of losing Cruz. Is it time to bring in Amendola and make an offer...you know you can pay him a lot less than Cruz.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
If the pats got Cruz .... smh..... they will be up there for favorites.
Ha , nothing new there bro, nothing new.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe but IF ( big if ) Cruz goes the FIRST thing I would want the Giants to do is signed Nicks for good .

Drez
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
The Pats are likely to nab Amendola. If $6m is the market for slot guys, there's no way we're losing Cruz.

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Maybe but IF ( big if ) Cruz leaves the FIRST thing I would want the Giants to do is signed Nicks for good .

In the end I think that is the plan - sign Nicks long term. Get a very good slot for reasonable money-like Amendola, and make Randle the other starting WR.

Carter.525
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Cruz or bust..!!

Drez
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
And forget anything about the Pats going after Cruz. If they didn't want to pay Welker $6m/yr, they're not giving up a 1st to pay Cruz $6m /year.

giantsfam04
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Hopefully this will calm the situation down If Welker's deal is indicative of the slot receiver market, I wouldn't worry about a team signing Victor Cruz to an offer sheet. - From Ralph Vacchiano #giants

FishinTheSalt
03-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Well if the vikes grab cruz and the pats nab amendola, we could be the odd man out. Id hate to see it go down like that. I think we need to act.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
The Pats are likely to nab Amendola. If $6m is the market for slot guys, there's no way we're losing Cruz.
I don't think necessarily thats the market. That's what Welker signed for. In the other hand Cruz is younger and his best years are in front of him. No point of comparison IMHO.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
In the end I think that is the plan - sign Nicks long term. Get a very good slot for reasonable money-like Amendola, and make Randle the other starting WR.
Will see. There's more to come !

Cloud57
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I don't know how good he is since I've only watched a handful of Rams games but I think he would be a downgrade to Cruz

Drez
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't think necessarily thats the market. That's what Welker signed for. In the other hand Cruz is younger and his best years are in front of him. No point of comparison IMHO.I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion. Welker, despite being older, is still the best or second best slot guy in the NFL. His age effected the length of the contract, but I don't think the money.

So, let's say you're right and the market is a little higher... I'd think the Giants would match an $8m/yr offer.

TAILGATIN'
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Well if the vikes grab cruz and the pats nab amendola, we could be the odd man out. Id hate to see it go down like that. I think we need to act.
What is there to act on? I thought they can make Cruz an offer and then we have the opportunity to match it or let him walk for a 1st rounder.

ozzie0075
03-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Patriots began pursuing Rams free-agent WR Danny Amendola during the three-day negotiating window last weekend.

ozzie0075
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Patriots began pursuing Rams free-agent WR Danny Amendola during the three-day negotiating window last weekend.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:48 PM
And forget anything about the Pats going after Cruz. If they didn't want to pay Welker $6m/yr, they're not giving up a 1st to pay Cruz $6m /year.
Why would the Pats offer Welker ( 32 years old ) with a previous history of ACL injury a long term contract for any more than 6 mill?

drewz
03-13-2013, 05:49 PM
lol

Welker stuck it to Belichick big time

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion. Welker, despite being older, is still the best or second best slot guy in the NFL. His age effected the length of the contract, but I don't think the money.

So, let's say you're right and the market is a little higher... I'd think the Giants would match an $8m/yr offer.
Age and previous ACL injury. And yes, I hope that's the range

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
That settles it. Thank God. One down.

Drez
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Why would the Pats offer Welker ( 32 years old ) with a previous history of ACL injury a long term contract for any more than 6 mill?His ACL injury is completely meaningless. He's had several years of very high production since the injury. It's a completely moot point.

pino
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Time to consider? Are you sure it's time to consider when Cruz is still a Giant? You are starting to sound a bit obsessed with the whole Cruz situation. I haven't heard ANY legit rumors that any team is giving Cruz serious thought, and only a desperate team would pay a high price tag for a slot receiver.

Drez
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Age and previous ACL injury. And yes, I hope that's the rangeConsidering he's still producing at a high level, and WRs have been known to be able to produce well into their mid-30's, I don't think outside of the length of the deal it has near any impact on his contract or market value.

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
It's official and Welker agreed to terms with Denver.......now Cruz comes into play in both New England and Minnesota.......at least two first round picks will really help the Giants......but they MUST sign Nicks longterm now.

mikeq6722
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Just stop

Cloud57
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
they MUST sign Nicks longterm now. calm down you hooligan lol

Drez
03-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Because this couldn't be mentioned in the OTHER Cruz thread you started.

And if you even had an ounce of intelligence, you'd understand the fact that if NE wasn't going to pay Welker more than$5m/yr, they wouldn't give up a first to pay Cruz that much.

GentleGiant
Shut up man. Cruz isn't leaving for the 100th time.

Hooligans
Wes Welker agrees to contract with Denver Broncos

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT

Denver Broncos v New England PatriotsGetty Images
After six seasons with the New England Patriots, Wes Welker is leaving for the Denver Broncos.

Welker and the Broncos agreed to terms on a two-year contract today, Broncos front office boss John Elway announced.

In his six seasons in New England, Welker was consistently one of the NFL’s best wide receivers, catching more than 110 passes in five different seasons. He was also a fan favorite and a favorite of his teammates, and there was a great deal of talk in New England that one way or another, he and the team would find a way to get a deal done.

But it didn’t happen. Welker and the Patriots disagreed on what kind of contract he was worth, and when Welker was still available 24 hours into free agency, the Broncos swooped in and made him the deal he was working for.

Now Welker leaves one AFC title contender for another, and leaves Tom Brady for Peyton Manning.

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Considering he's still producing at a high level, and WRs have been known to be able to produce well into their mid-30's, I don't think outside of the length of the deal it has near any impact on his contract or market value.
Agree but the players that produce well into their 30s are only a few, check it out and you will see. Factor the risky of reinjuring and you end up with a 6 mill dollar a year contract . I'm curious about how much guaranteed money the deal has.

DVision
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
I just realized all these Cruz threads were started by the same poster. I'm feeling slow today :)

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Because this couldn't be mentioned in the OTHER Cruz thread you started.

And if you even had an ounce of intelligence, you'd understand the fact that if NE wasn't going to pay Welker more than$5m/yr, they wouldn't give up a first to pay Cruz that much.

Welker is 32 and doesn't run long routes......Cruz is in his mid-20's and is a GREAT long receiver......to say the Pats wouldn't be interested in Cruz and offer him more money than Welker is simply wrong.

Rudyy
03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Was ANOTHER thread necessary?

Drez
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Welker is 32 and doesn't run long routes......Cruz is in his mid-20's and is a GREAT long receiver......to say the Pats wouldn't be interested in Cruz and offer him more money than Welker is simply wrong.Cruz isn't really a deep threat. Cruz may be younger, but if the Pats weren't going to pay Welker $5m/yr, they still aren't going to give up a 1st to pay Cruz more than that.

GentleGiant
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Welker is 32 and doesn't run long routes......Cruz is in his mid-20's and is a GREAT long receiver......to say the Pats wouldn't be interested in Cruz and offer him more money than Welker is simply wrong. And you didn't say that in the last thread why? The mods have enforced that. But go ahead keep making threads since you don't care about getting banned.

Dubee
03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
The mods should ban this guy for spamming.

Drez
03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
you don't care about getting banned.We can only hope.

Carter.525
03-13-2013, 06:03 PM

need to cut some more guys..

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Cruz isn't really a deep threat. Cruz may be younger, but if the Pats weren't going to pay Welker $5m/yr, they still aren't going to give up a 1st to pay Cruz more than that.

Perhaps, but the Vikings would, especially with two first round picks and lots of money.

embeshAtYa
03-13-2013, 06:04 PM
what have you been watchn Cruz is awesome deep. Makes a play on the ball no matter what is going on and usually comes down with it. Stop blowing everyone up allready

Hooligans
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't know how good he is since I've only watched a handful of Rams games but I think he would be a downgrade to Cruz

Probably true, but it would be making the best of a bad situation.....remember the Giants would still get another first round pick for Cruz.

Drez
03-13-2013, 06:06 PM
what have you been watchn Cruz is awesome deep. Makes a play on the ball no matter what is going on and usually comes down with it. Stop blowing everyone up allreadyCruz isn't really a deep threat. He's better at taking a short or intermediate pass to the house than he is at just burning the secondary deep.

Drez
03-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Perhaps, but the Vikings would, especially with two first round picks and lots of money.If the Vikes or Rams want to overpay for Cruz, then let them.

drewz
03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Cruz is trending on twitter because of all the desparate NE fans that are panicking LOL

Tommy_Ribs
03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
I like Amendola a lot, but I don;t think it's a GIANTS move, and I don;t think we replace Cruz with a 5-6million/year guy like Danny. I think if we lose Cruz we bring in a decent priced veteran, and maybe get a guy in Round 1 or Round 2 of the draft? Tayvon Austin/Ryan Swope?

Amendola will get a decent contract soon I think. I do think he should try to stay in St. Louis. They are building towards something good there.

AGiantDynasty
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
STOP CREATING NEW THREADS ANYTIME SOMEONE FARTS CRUZ'S NAME! This is getting ridiculous.

FrankAE
03-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I think Randle will shine as a #2. Eli can make any slot guy good, so let him do with the next. Cruz / Smith were nothing alike yet both shined in this offense.

giantsfan420
03-13-2013, 06:29 PM
i thought it was fairly old news that hooligans is an anti giants troll...i could be dead wrong, just every post I can remember of his either mocks the team directly or indirectly. hes just trying to stir up the drama by creating as many diff threads as he can to have us believe cruz is leaving and we r screwed even tho he has absolutely no empirical evidence. hes merely doing this bc for some pathetic reason, and it is pathetic, he feels better about himself after trying to start trouble.

BlueReign
03-13-2013, 06:36 PM
This is a great move for the Broncos. Curious to know how much they are paying him, that more likely affects the Cruz market than the movement of Welker.

BlueReign
03-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Thought this was going to happen. They don't want to break the bank on a slot receiver as evidenced by the fact that they let Welker walk, so that completely takes Cruz out of their equation. The Giants have the luxury of playing in the largest media market in the WORLD so they can skimp on the contracts because the players can make it up in endorsements,

Giant stuck in Texas
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM

So... I guess you can just worry about the Vikes and slow down with all these threads.

gmen46
03-13-2013, 06:57 PM
At this point the Giants have to consider the real possibility of losing Cruz. Is it time to bring in Amendola and make an offer...you know you can pay him a lot less than Cruz.

Yeah, we know we can pay amendola a lot less than Cruz---because he's suited up for a grand total of 12 games (and started 9), the last 2 years! That means he missed 20 complete games in two years.

That's what I call a suitable replacement for Cruz, alright. Hhyeaahh.

And people here constantly harp on how many games (9 total in four years) Nicks has missed, and how "injury-prone" Nicks is. The same people who go as far as claiming Cruz is more valuable to the Giants than is Nicks because of Cruz' durability.

And we're talking Amendola now? Really?

yikes

Redeyejedi
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
At this point the Giants have to consider the real possibility of losing Cruz. Is it time to bring in Amendola and make an offer...you know you can pay him a lot less than Cruz. I guarantee if the Giants lose Cruz they wont be doing that. They will roll with the young WR's and draft another guy and rightfully so.
Giants have 2 2nd day guys they have drafted the last 2 years they are prepared for defections

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 07:09 PM

So... I guess you can just worry about the Vikes and slow down with all these threads.
Well we all can take that with a grain of salt because if memory serves me well the Giants also did some homework on Amendola, can you say smoke screen ?

Flip Empty
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Curious to know how much they are paying him, that more likely affects the Cruz market than the movement of Welker.
2 years / $12 million. A bargain. I've no idea why the Pats wouldn't pay that.

AllHailEli
03-13-2013, 07:12 PM

They want to pay $10 million instead. What an insult!

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM

He's older and may have wanted a longer term deal with NE?

G-Men Surg.
03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
This. I keep mentioning ths huge fact and Welker has had that previous ACL injury.

gmen46
03-13-2013, 07:25 PM

You state this like you know something Mara doesn't. He said the opposite, actually.

The question is not "can?" the Giants meet any possible offer for Cruz. The question is "will?" they meet whatever offer Cruz brings them. If the offer (if there even is one) is within the Giants' own predetermined number and terms for Cruz, Giants will retain Cruz.

Don't be "Hool'd-igans".

Redeyejedi
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
He's older and may have wanted a longer term deal with NE?im wondering if he asked for more from them they countered with that and he told his agent call Denver to stick it to them

gmen46
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Is it also possible Welker pulled what we Giants fans like to call a "Steve Smith"? That Broncos offered 2 million over Pats last offer and Welker accepted without giving Pats final approval?

Just a thought.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
And now it's a fact that NE signed Amendola

UKAnt14
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
The Patriots agreed to a 5-year deal with Danny Amendola, source says. 5 years, $31M. $10 guaranteed. Avg: $6.1

Surely this is good news?! Slot receiver contract bar has been set at $6 million. Surely both the Giants and Cruz's party can work something out long-term now?! Surely we can afford a $31M 5-yr deal?

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM

No, they got Amendola

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Surely this is good news?! Slot receiver contract bar has been set at $6 million. Surely both the Giants and Cruz's party can work something out long-term now?! Surely we can afford a $31M 5-yr deal?

Trust Reese and Condon to get a deal done we can all live with.

UKAnt14
03-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we're on the phone to Condon now to try & agree something in principal. Obviously we wouldn't ever find out because it would be illegal at the moment..

Flip Empty
03-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Perhaps. Seems weird that he'd be fine with a budget, two-year option with Denver, though. The Pats must've insulted him with their low-ball offer.

Brady can't be happy - "I redo my deal so you can sign some guys and you turn around and do this?!", or something.

Amendola is far more of an injury risk than Welker has ever been.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we're on the phone to Condon now to try & agree something in principal. Obviously we wouldn't ever find out because it would be illegal at the moment..

They had better not be or at least not say they have been. Condon isn't Cruz's agent for three more days.

UKAnt14
03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
They had better not be or at least not say they have been. Condon isn't Cruz's agent for three more days.

I'm sure these things happen - it will just never be spoken of and will be done in confidence. I suppose we'll never know though...

TCHOF
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM

Cruz is 10 times the player that Amendola is . . . .