PDA

View Full Version : What do we have on the roster right now

shane4177
03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
For Oline......for WRs.....for LBer? What does our current depth look like? The draft only gives us 7-8 picks so we have to be filling the other voids some other way.......if not through FA then how?

drewz
03-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Depth at offensive line and Linebacker is LOL-bad.

At least we finally have depth at CB, now we just need the talent there.

Cloud57
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
It may take 2 drafts to fix all the holes, but you can always find people to plug in until then.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
For Oline......for WRs.....for LBer? What does our current depth look like? The draft only gives us 7-8 picks so we have to be filling the other voids some other way.......if not through FA then how?

You can go to the home page, click on TEAM, ROSTER and see who's we have.

UKAnt14
03-13-2013, 04:58 PM
QB: Eli Manning, Curtis Painter.
RB: David Wilson, Andre Brown (RFA), Ryan Torain, Da’Rel Scott.
FB: Henry Hynoski.
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz (RFA), Rueben Randle, Jerrel Jernigan, Kris Adams*, Brandon Collins*, Kevin Hardy*.
TE: Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnel, Jamie Childers.
T: Will Beatty, David Diehl, James Brewer, Matt McCants, Levy Ad****, Selvish Capers.
G: Chris Snee, Michael Jasper, Stephen Goodin, Chris DeGeare*, Bryant Browning*.
C: David Baas, Jim Cordle.

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Adrian Tracy, Adweale Ojomo, Justin Trattou, Matt Broha.
DT: Linval Joseph, Cullen Jenkins, Shaun Rogers, Markus Kuhn, Marvin Austin, Bobby Skinner.
LB: Mathias Kiwanuka, Jacquian Williams, Mark Herzlich, Spencer Paysinger, Jake Muasau, Zak DeOssie.
CB: Prince Amukamara, Corey Webster, Terrel Thomas, Jayron Hosley, Terrence Frederick, Buddy Jackson, Laron Scott, Trumaine McBride, Antonio Dennard*
S: Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown (RFA), Will Hill, Tyler Sash, David Caldwell*

K: Josh Brown, David Buehler, Jake Rogers
P: Steve Weatherford

pino
03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
I didn't realize we had an issue with WR. Nicks is still under contract, and Cruz will be a Giant this year unless a team is willing to sacrifice A LOT.

Oline will be okay if we can re-sign Boothe and/or Locklear, and look for youth in the draft. We struggled with injuries on the line last year, but they looked good when they were healthy. It would be nice to address the LB in FA (Carlos Dansby is my choice) but that won't be possible unless we cut/restructure another contract. We are definitely going to address LB in the draft at some point.

Anyways, no need to panic. This happens every year to every team and it's only day two of free agency. Usually the desperate teams, the ones that struggle to win, are the most active in free agency. Once all the initial cuts and signings settle down, there will be another round of signing by teams looking for bargains. We have no money. We are looking for bargains.

ibbill
03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
QB: Eli Manning, Curtis Painter.
RB: David Wilson, Andre Brown (RFA), Ryan Torain, Da’Rel Scott.
FB: Henry Hynoski.
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz (RFA), Rueben Randle, Jerrel Jernigan, Kris Adams*, Brandon Collins*, Kevin Hardy*.
TE: Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnel, Jamie Childers.
T: Will Beatty, David Diehl, James Brewer, Matt McCants, Levy Ad****, Selvish Capers.
G: Chris Snee, Michael Jasper, Stephen Goodin, Chris DeGeare*, Bryant Browning*.
C: David Baas, Jim Cordle.

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Adrian Tracy, Adweale Ojomo, Justin Trattou, Matt Broha.
DT: Linval Joseph, Cullen Jenkins, Shaun Rogers, Markus Kuhn, Marvin Austin, Bobby Skinner.
LB: Mathias Kiwanuka, Jacquian Williams, Mark Herzlich, Spencer Paysinger, Jake Muasau, Zak DeOssie.
CB: Prince Amukamara, Corey Webster, Terrel Thomas, Jayron Hosley, Terrence Frederick, Buddy Jackson, Laron Scott, Trumaine McBride, Antonio Dennard*
S: Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown (RFA), Will Hill, Tyler Sash, David Caldwell*

K: Josh Brown, David Buehler, Jake Rogers
P: Steve Weatherford

The question is where are our weak spots on this team.TE G ? or MLB

jomo
03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Our OL and LB situations are still perilous if you understand that last year's OL was awful and next year's line is shaping up as almost identical.
Insofar as we haven't done anything yet at LB, I'd have the same comment there as well.

Our two weakest units overall last year with not a whiff of upgrade as of yet. There is too much work to be done to solve these issues in the draft. I expect JR to have some plan but it is not yet evident.

BlueReign
03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I didn't realize we had an issue with WR. Nicks is still under contract, and Cruz will be a Giant this year unless a team is willing to sacrifice A LOT.

Oline will be okay if we can re-sign Boothe and/or Locklear, and look for youth in the draft. We struggled with injuries on the line last year, but they looked good when they were healthy. It would be nice to address the LB in FA (Carlos Dansby is my choice) but that won't be possible unless we cut/restructure another contract. We are definitely going to address LB in the draft at some point.

Anyways, no need to panic. This happens every year to every team and it's only day two of free agency. Usually the desperate teams, the ones that struggle to win, are the most active in free agency. Once all the initial cuts and signings settle down, there will be another round of signing by teams looking for bargains. We have no money. We are looking for bargains.
I would love to get Karlos Dansby, but I think he is going to be a bit too expensive. The whole reason he was released in Miami was because he wouldn't take a pay cut.

ibbill
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Our OL and LB situations are still perilous if you understand that last year's OL was awful and next year's line is shaping up as almost identical.
Insofar as we haven't done anything yet at LB, I'd have the same comment there as well.

Our two weakest units overall last year with not a whiff of upgrade as of yet. There is too much work to be done to solve these issues in the draft. I expect JR to have some plan but it is not yet evident.

+100 what jomo said.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM

+1

radar-ray
03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
+1 + 100%

JJC7301
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Depth at offensive line and Linebacker is LOL-bad.

At least we finally have depth at CB, now we just need the talent there.
Ha! We NEVER have depth at CB or at Safety. Half of the entire secondary is ALWAYS injured before the season even starts.

blueribbon
03-13-2013, 10:31 PM
I for one feel alot better knowing we have these guys. ( Terrence Frederick, Buddy Jackson, Laron Scott, Trumaine McBride, Antonio Dennard )

Buddy333
03-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Did everyone forget about the draft?

blueribbon
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Did everyone forget about the draft?

Yeah your right, I think I'll put a sweater on. Thanks

jomo
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I for one feel alot better knowing we have these guys. ( Terrence Frederick, Buddy Jackson, Laron Scott, Trumaine McBride, Antonio Dennard )lol, exactly........