PDA

View Full Version : CB Market drying up before it even starts?

drewz
03-13-2013, 09:16 PM
No big splash signings..

Sean Smith, Nnamdi, DRC, Grimes, Talib, Robinson, etc etc.

All still on the market.. Hopefully that means Reese will be able to scoop up someone for cheap

Cloud57
03-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I hope teams sign these guys else all the best CBs will be gone in the draft!

Kase-1
03-13-2013, 09:46 PM
ALOT of top talent CB's out there, but they all want 10mil or more per season and the NFL is heading the opposite direction of those Nnamdi like contracts

BlessedinBlue22
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
ALOT of top talent CB's out there, but they all want 10mil or more per season and the NFL is heading the opposite direction of those Nnamdi like contracts

I think they will make an example of Nnamdi, like the Tuck Rule. the Nnamdi Rule...Revis is the best and worth his contract CB, Nnamdi was never even close.

jomo
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
ALOT of top talent CB's out there, but they all want 10mil or more per season and the NFL is heading the opposite direction of those Nnamdi like contractsNnamdi is about to get smacked with the reality stick. Like the rest of us, he'll be tightening his family budget considerably. lol

bearbryant
03-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Think he'll be able to feed his family?

drewz
03-13-2013, 10:48 PM
DRC just signed a one year deal with Denver.. a 1 year deal

jomo
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
We need to release a few more people and sign their equivalent replacements for half the price.
Look at what Canty got........$8M for 3 years and a $2.8M guarantee. He made over $8M each of the past 3 years for us. The market is imploding and JR needs to be on top of it to upgrade our talent as much as possible.

DaFrenchy
03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
A lot of good FA CBs available and a lot of good CB prospects ...
Hope we'll take at least one because Ross is obviously not the answer we need for us secondary

DandyDon
03-13-2013, 11:06 PM

Lotta ridiculous money being spent on both receivers and CBs. I know that's the NFL/Fantasy Football sales pitch, but superbowls are won on O and D lines and QBs.

If you have time to throw it, and have a decent to good QB, anyone can catch it, and not many can defend it.

Its been proven over and over again. Just sayin...

giantsfan420
03-13-2013, 11:32 PM
if namdi ends up signing for what we signed ross for, im gonna be pretty livid. if any corner listed in the thread for that matter. seems like a waste of cap space with the ross contract but we will see i guess...btw im not saying i even want namdi im just saying id much rather namdi then ross even with namdi looking bad in philly

ironfox
03-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I would be thrilled if we got Talib real cheap by cutting Webster

drewz
03-14-2013, 10:06 AM
if namdi ends up signing for what we signed ross for, im gonna be pretty livid. if any corner listed in the thread for that matter. seems like a waste of cap space with the ross contract but we will see i guess...btw im not saying i even want namdi im just saying id much rather namdi then ross even with namdi looking bad in philly

DRC signed with Denver for just $5 million, and we're wasting time with Ross.. SMFH

jomo
03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
There are going to be some excellent FA values available if we just continue to wait it out. No need to spend more than necessary.

flashnando
03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Think he'll be able to feed his family?

Yes but he will have to fire the in house Chef he had.

RonJon
03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I liked Dunta Robinson, but KC scooped him up quickly

Mercury
03-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I would be thrilled if we got Talib real cheap by cutting Webster

Webster took a pay cut already. And we have already spent the money on Ross.

Kruunch
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
No big splash signings..

Sean Smith, Nnamdi, DRC, Grimes, Talib, Robinson, etc etc.

All still on the market.. Hopefully that means Reese will be able to scoop up someone for cheap

Deep CB draft this year.

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
We have Prince and TT, and they resigned Ross. I doubt they will be signing any more corner FAs. From what Ive heard, some decent corners may be there in the 2nd round.

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Deep CB draft this year.

Yes I heard the same.

Ntegrase96
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Mike Jenkins probably available on the cheap. He's certainly better than Ross.

Redeyejedi
03-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Kinda wishing the Giants didnt rush into the Webster contract, Might of been able to get a better player

Redeyejedi
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I would of went after Talib character problems be damned. Physical talent is there ,Capable in Zone and man

JB456
03-14-2013, 04:14 PM
I would of went after Talib character problems be damned. Physical talent is there ,Capable in Zone and man

Even though I've been tough on Webster in a few threads, I really hope that his performance last year was mainly due to injuries. Having a hand injury and an ankle injury can at least cause mental lapes that coulf have affected his play. His dropoff was so fast that it is at least a possibility. Lets face it, some people are tougher than others and can perform better working through injuries.

Cloud57
03-14-2013, 04:14 PM
I would of went after Talib character problems be damned. Physical talent is there ,Capable in Zone and manHe got burned by Nicks who wasn't at full strength. He also got cut by the Bucs. at this point he would be just a waste of space.

Kase-1
03-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Lotta ridiculous money being spent on both receivers and CBs. I know that's the NFL/Fantasy Football sales pitch, but superbowls are won on O and D lines and QBs.

If you have time to throw it, and have a decent to good QB, anyone can catch it, and not many can defend it.

Its been proven over and over again. Just sayin...We are 100% set at QB

And im all for getting more OL and DL the wars are won in the trenches, but theres alot of talent out there in the fa market