PDA

View Full Version : 4th day of FA signings!!!!!

luni
03-14-2013, 08:30 AM
so Boothe, KP and cruz haven't heard too much rumblings...

I wonder when if today we will he rumors or talks.

You would think giants would still be thinking of lowering some more cap to make room for people. hate waiting forever to find out. wish it was all over already.

Kruunch
03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
so Boothe, KP and cruz haven't heard too much rumblings...

I wonder when if today we will he rumors or talks.

You would think giants would still be thinking of lowering some more cap to make room for people. hate waiting forever to find out. wish it was all over already.

Don't be surprised if KP comes back to the Giants and Eli gets a new contract or extension to spread out his cap hit further.

offingmoot
03-14-2013, 08:38 AM
4th day?
FA started Tuesday at 4pm
We are still less than 48 hours in
Not even 2 days yet

Toadofsteel
03-14-2013, 08:41 AM
tuesday
wednesday
thursday

== 3 days.

Math, bro...

Anyway, since Cruz changed agents he can't sign for a total 3 days after that (I forget when the agent change happened but I think it was on Tuesday, which means up through today he can't sign, leaving his first day he could sign a contract tomorrow)

Jahh
03-14-2013, 08:46 AM
It hasn't even been 48 hours.

JB456
03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
tuesday
wednesday
thursday

== 3 days.

Math, bro...

Anyway, since Cruz changed agents he can't sign for a total 3 days after that (I forget when the agent change happened but I think it was on Tuesday, which means up through today he can't sign, leaving his first day he could sign a contract tomorrow)

As much as I think he is gone I sure as hell hope he isn't. What the hell will the Giants be left with? Jernigan, an unproven Randle (had some flashes last year) and Nicks? Damn, that would be a major downgrade. Hell, Hixon was ahead of both Randle and Jernigan on the chart and he is likely gone too.

luni
03-14-2013, 08:51 AM
i thought this was the third day for cruz and his new agent. he should be able to sign this afternoon.
man it has felt like 4 days..... waiting for this whole thing to pan out.

i think i counted the 3 day negotiation period before FA started... it is exciting but also frustrating....

hope we make some splash today... FAs or at least cap saving

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
so Boothe, KP and cruz haven't heard too much rumblings... I wonder when if today we will he rumors or talks. You would think giants would still be thinking of lowering some more cap to make room for people. hate waiting forever to find out. wish it was all over already. No one can talk to Cruz yet.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
tuesday wednesday thursday == 3 days. Math, bro... Anyway, since Cruz changed agents he can't sign for a total 3 days after that (I forget when the agent change happened but I think it was on Tuesday, which means up through today he can't sign, leaving his first day he could sign a contract tomorrow) Cruz won't' have an agent until Saturday or Sunday whichever is 5 days after dumping his old agent. Then the three days start.

tonyt830
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
not just any of our free agents, but there are quite a few bigger name free agents still out there. The first wave has come and gone, now we will see a secondary wave and some ripples over the next couple of weeks.

I was watching NFL AM earlier on NFL Net, and I heard the cast mentioning how the GM of Houston was on Bob McNair's private jet to go meet with Ed Reed.

I have not heard any further rumors/news regarding Revis to Tampa or any other team? Thought I heard on tv last night that the Bucs were a little reluctant to give up thier 1st rd pick this year as part of a Revis trade?

bbdynasty
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Just heard from big blue kickoff that cruz can be approached today, since he switched agents on monday, isnt that right?

Old Giant
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Out of the three of them, Boothe, Kp, and Cruz. I want Boothe more. Tired of all the waiting on Cruz. Sign up or go.

TAILGATIN'
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Hell, Hixon was ahead of both Randle and Jernigan on the chart and he is likely gone too.
Only because we rarely start rooks. Randle would have out-played Hixon for the spot this year I think. Takes some time to learn the book and impress, but I think he's got potential for a breakout year.

Old Giant
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I agree-Hixon is just one great catch away from injury. Randle will break out this year.

JB456
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Cruz won't' have an agent until Saturday or Sunday whichever is 5 days after dumping his old agent. Then the three days start.

From a money standpoint, it looks like Cruz picked a really bad time to dump his agent. Hey, I got an idea, I'm going to dump my agent at the start of FA so teams can't negotiate with me and spend their money elseware...

jomo
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
The longer it goes, the better it is for us.

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2013, 12:08 PM
The longer it goes, the better it is for us.
Could be but we have to take in count that " 2nd teir players " market don't move so well in fist days of FA.

Zaggs
03-14-2013, 12:09 PM
.....and my true love gave to me 1 new tight end....

GiantGremlin
03-14-2013, 12:34 PM
tuesday
wednesday
thursday

== 3 days.

Math, bro...

LOL, Math? Just because we've gone through a span of 3 diff days since FA officially started doesn't mean that it's actually been that long. If there are 24 hours in a day, and it's only been 44.5 hours since it has not been 3 days in that sense.

miked1958
03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Don't be surprised if KP comes back to the Giants and Eli gets a new contract or extension to spread out his cap hit further.well not only is KP gone. He has gone to the Eagles???

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
From a money standpoint, it looks like Cruz picked a really bad time to dump his agent. Hey, I got an idea, I'm going to dump my agent at the start of FA so teams can't negotiate with me and spend their money elseware...

He didn't like the way his old agent was handling thibgs and needed a change. Better now than when it's too late

drewz
03-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Michael Bennett for just $5 million going to Seattle

Greg Schiano
03-15-2013, 02:24 AM
I have not heard any further rumors/news regarding Revis to Tampa or any other team? Thought I heard on tv last night that the Bucs were a little reluctant to give up thier 1st rd pick this year as part of a Revis trade?

I'm not trading my first rounder for a guy who's never played a down as a Giant or Scarlet Knight. Idzik can kiss my backend.

Rat_bastich
03-15-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm not trading my first rounder for a guy who's never played a down as a Giant or Scarlet Knight. Idzik can kiss my backend.

Hahhaha! Yeesh! Seems they either go to Tampa or the Raiders.