PDA

View Full Version : In the middle of all this free agency mess...

dayeh33
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Brian Urlacher remains a free agent. Hear me out, If we can sign him to a 1-2 year contract for a reasonable price then draft a Middle Linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd for him to groom for the future, it would give us the opportunity to draft an OT in the first to pair with Beatty or draft another defensive end. Would u guys do it?

Cloud57
03-14-2013, 10:16 AM
If Chase stays then no we don't need him.

blueribbon
03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Brian Urlacher remains a free agent. Hear me out, If we can sign him to a 1-2 year contract for a reasonable price then draft a Middle Linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd for him to groom for the future, it would give us the opportunity to draft an OT in the first to pair with Beatty or draft another defensive end. Would u guys do it?

Ruttiger711
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM

Saw reports of the Cowboys looking at him.

Flip Empty
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZwG9yhv.jpg

bigblue58
03-14-2013, 10:23 AM

LMFAO....that is the greatest response I've ever seen!!!!!!

bigblue58
03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I hear that Butkus is available, in shape...... and that his uniform still fits!

bigblue58
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM

I want you to stop.....and SLOWLY step away from the computer!

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Ignorant people make stupid cracks on here all time, dont let those kinda posts get to you.

This idea really not so bad, in fact im sure the FO has at least talked about it. I really dont see it happening, considering hes not the same Brian Urlacker. Plus like another poster mentioned, if Chase is brought back, Id be just as happy with that then getting Urlacker. Chase will probly be cheaper too. But this is definitely a possible scenario, though an unlikely one.

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Im really hoping no one is brought in, and this is addressed in the draft. Ogletree is the answer baby!

Toadofsteel
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Im really hoping no one is brought in, and this is addressed in the draft. Ogletree is the answer baby!

DUItree is NOT the answer...

And yes, that's part of why I want Diehl gone too...

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
DUI is NOT the answer

I got arrested when I was 18 for DUI, I turned out ok. The kids living the best time of his life in college, as a superstar. Getting a DUI is not the worst thing that could have happened. Let the man move on.

Carter.525
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
DUItree is NOT the answer...

And yes, that's part of why I want Diehl gone too...

I got a DUI 12 years ago.. do you want me gone? should I lose my job? should the Gaints not draft me?

Mercury
03-14-2013, 11:08 AM
I have added you two to my ignore list, for your previous DUIs.

tonyt830
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I got arrested when I was 18 for DUI, I turned out ok. The kids living the best time of his life in college, as a superstar. Getting a DUI is not the worst thing that could have happened. Let the man move on.

I got a DUI 12 years ago.. do you want me gone? should I lose my job? should the Gaints not draft me?Everyone makes mistakes when they are young. But Ogletree has not just gotten arrested for DUI, but was in trouble in college with failed drug tests and theft. Granted there are worse things people/players can do, but a lot of GMs take character and off the field issues into account when drafting, especially in the 1st rd.

Mistakes are mistakes, but you really can't compare the mistakes that we make as compared to the mistakes that Ogletree and other athletes make. We may have trouble getting a job due to a mistake, but the NFL or any of the major sport is a big business. Owners and GMs are going to be a little more cautious to "hire" someone and shell out millions of dollars to someone that has had red flags during college