PDA

View Full Version : Effort vs. Health (Tuck and Jacobs)

NY_Eli
12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Jacobs said earlier in the season he didn't think he would be a giant next year. I simply can't believe it is a coincidence that toward the end of the season he suddenly looks much faster and stronger.

I hate to say it, but I think he's auditioning for other teams. He simply did not show this burst in the beginning of the year.

With Tuck, do you guys think this was an effort problem or health problem? I can't believe that one week he suddenly got healthy and has returned to beast mode. I also read that he had a heart to heart with Coughlin before the game. I would guess it's a little bit of both.

What do you guys think about these players and the effort they've put in this season?

TrueBlue07
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Tuck said his issue was mostly mental. To me it sounded like he was feeling sorry for himself and stubbornly letting the fact that things weren't going his way stop him from overcoming them. Sort of like he was pouting a bit. Clearly he didn't all of a sudden get healthy, it's all mental.

TroyArcher
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Jacobs is a bit of a head case, who knows. He has run hard the past few weeks and I hope it continues. I think Tuck went into a funk with all the injuries and played not to get hurt. I think the talk with Coughlin helped and he looks like the old Tuck again. Another example of a truly good coach.

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Coaching and team management...

Here is my question?? Tuck supposedly got hurt when we was tripped like what 3 years ago in that Dallas game... If thats the case and that is the "lingering" injury... We its on our staff to not have a guy out there and surgically repaired... The FO, coaches and staff should have gotten Tuck the attention he needed instead of a 80% plyer or less for the last 3 years...

All I know is Im super pissed that a guy like Osi or Tuck will move JPP from his spot when they decide to play hard... Thats a coaching blunder... JPP is the best player on this team but we will slide him for these vets that cant shine his shoes...

Jacobs is just a bum now... He used to be tough but I think he turn into a wimp more and more... if he is auditioning for another team Id say let him go... Its probebaly the only way our coaches will be forced to not play favors and get someone else who is willing mentally and phiyically to dominate the game....

GameTime
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Jacobs said earlier in the season he didn't think he would be a giant next year. I simply can't believe it is a coincidence that toward the end of the season he suddenly looks much faster and stronger. I hate to say it, but I think he's auditioning for other teams. He simply did not show this burst in the beginning of the year. With Tuck, do you guys think this was an effort problem or health problem? I can't believe that one week he suddenly got healthy and has returned to beast mode. I also read that he had a heart to heart with Coughlin before the game. I would guess it's a little bit of both. What do you guys think about these players and the effort they've put in this season?</P>

Tuck was in a funk. He said so himself. What ever brough him out lets just keep it going. He said the talk with TC and what Rolle said too struck a "chord" with him. As human being we all get in funks here and there. Then something or some one lifts us out. </P>

Jacobs......I dont know if he is auditioning or not. He gets too happy for Bradshaw and says he "loves" Tom Coughlin. I just think Jacobs is a very moody player and probably as a person too. Right now things are going good for the run game and he is happy. Other teams know what he is as a runner soI dont think there is much to audition for. BUt hey....you really dont know.</P>

Osi....I have been saying for the last two weeks. If the Giantsmake the playoffs Osi will be back at practice. I am not usually one for conspiracy theory type things but if they beat the Skins I think he would have been out a little bit during practice last week. Now I bet you will him at the end of this week. If they beat the Cowboys he will be back in. </P>

NY_Eli
12-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Jacobs said earlier in the season he didn't think he would be a giant next year. I simply can't believe it is a coincidence that toward the end of the season he suddenly looks much faster and stronger. I hate to say it, but I think he's auditioning for other teams. He simply did not show this burst in the beginning of the year. With Tuck, do you guys think this was an effort problem or health problem? I can't believe that one week he suddenly got healthy and has returned to beast mode. I also read that he had a heart to heart with Coughlin before the game. I would guess it's a little bit of both. What do you guys think about these players and the effort they've put in this season?</P>

Tuck was in a funk. He said so himself. What ever brough him out lets just keep it going. He said the talk with TC and what Rolle said too struck a "chord" with him. As human being we all get in funks here and there. Then something or some one lifts us out. </P>

Jacobs......I dont know if he is auditioning or not. He gets too happy for Bradshaw and says he "loves" Tom Coughlin. I just think Jacobs is a very moody player and probably as a person too. Right now things are going good for the run game and he is happy. Other teams know what he is as a runner so*I dont think there is much to audition for. BUt hey....you really dont know.</P>

Osi....I have been saying for the last two weeks. If the Giants*make the playoffs Osi will be back at practice. I am not usually one for conspiracy theory type things but if they beat the Skins I think he would have been out a little bit during practice last week. Now I bet you will him at the end of this week. If they beat the Cowboys he will be back in. </P>

I agree with you for the most part, but I do think he would need to 'audition' simply because he's been around the league for a while and big bruising running backs usually have a short shelf life.

I definitely do think though that he genuinely loves Bradshaw and a lot of other guys on the team, I never questioned that.

G-Man67
12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Jacobs is the most immature player on our team, so try to think back to when you played little league baseball or pee-wee football ... how mentally tough were you??, so I say it was confidence and he is not young in RB years

Tuck is one tough dude, but this league is no joke ... if you are not 100%, then the opposing players are gonna do everything they can to make your life miserable ... i'm sure some O-lineman, who had been abused and embarrassed by Tuck in the past, got some payback when he was out there banged up and lacking confidence