PDA

View Full Version : Comepletely shocked the Patriots didn't go hard after Cruz... even with Tom Condon

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
In that system Cruz would be 100+ 15 TD's. I thought for sure Belicheat would have been all over that. Thank God for Tom Condon it would appear. Ton Condon is the Pats Kryptonite! :cool:

Thank God though because it's likely Cruz resigns with us now and now this way Cruz will get to watch shotgun draws first hand for the rest of his career!!!! YAY!!!! :D

Flip Empty
03-14-2013, 12:09 PM
What's shocking? They got a replacement without having to give up a first round pick.

NYGFaninILL
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
What's shocking? They got a replacement without having to give up a first round pick.

Agree. However. The pats are one of those teams that sneaks out of nowhere and grabs a player if it suits them. If nobody has made on Cruz in the next week. I guarentee you they make him an offer

BigBlue1971
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
the Pats didnt want to pay as much as Cruz seems to want!

to be honest i thought Amendola would be a coupla mil more than he got!

Kruunch
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Pats don't give up high draft picks. Period.

(and they certainly don't pay retail)

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 12:42 PM
In that system Cruz would be 100+ 15 TD's. I thought for sure Belicheat would have been all over that. Thank God for Tom Condon it would appear. Ton Condon is the Pats Kryptonite! :cool: Thank God though because it's likely Cruz resigns with us now and now this way Cruz will get to watch shotgun draws first hand for the rest of his career!!!! YAY!!!! :D

Don't' forget, they don't have all of their draft picks thus year so giving up their first was really unlikely.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 12:45 PM
the Pats didnt want to pay as much as Cruz seems to want! to be honest i thought Amendola would be a coupla mil more than he got! The Patriots, like us, have no idea what Cruz wants

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
the Pats didnt want to pay as much as Cruz seems to want!

to be honest i thought Amendola would be a coupla mil more than he got!
That's the price Amendola is willing to sacrifice for playing in a contender I guess.

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2013, 12:53 PM
The Patriots, like us, have no idea what Cruz wants
Us fans right ?

JB456
03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Pats don't give up high draft picks. Period.

(and they certainly don't pay retail)

Agreed. There was absolutely zero chance that the Patriots were going to pick up Cruz due to several reasons:

1) They are cheap as hell and wouldn't give Cruz the money he wants. LMAO, they wouldn't even sign Welker for an extra two million over two years and they have cap space to do it.
2) The Patriots are known for stockpiling picks and build for the future, they weren't going to sacrafice their 1st round draft pick for a slot receiver when they just let maybe the best slot receiver in the game go.
3) Combine 1 and 2 and that takes all of the guessing out of it.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Us fans right ? Yes, should have made that more clear.

njg85m
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Not Surprised at all. If they weren't willing to go $6 million a year to keep Welker, what makes you think that they would pay more than that AND give up a first round pick for Cruz?

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes, should have made that more clear.
No worries.

BigBlue1971
03-14-2013, 01:10 PM
The Patriots, like us, have no idea what Cruz wants

lol. the Giants are very tight to the chest with this issue! i applaud them for that! these are serious times!

BigBlue1971
03-14-2013, 01:14 PM
That's the price Amendola is willing to sacrifice for playing in a contender I guess.

yea i guess so. its seems these deals wouldnt be so difficult if greed was such a factor sometimes!

Amendola is a good example of taking the offer without a hassle for top dollar!

slipknottin
03-14-2013, 01:40 PM
People here overrate the hell out of Cruz. He's a good player yes. Not a percy harvin type talent though

Rudyy
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
People here overrate the hell out of Cruz. He's a good player yes. Not a percy harvin type talent thoughYeah, if only Cruz could get as many migraines as him, he'd be elite!

Kruunch
03-14-2013, 02:06 PM
People here overrate the hell out of Cruz. He's a good player yes. Not a percy harvin type talent though

I think you have those names reversed.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
lol. the Giants are very tight to the chest with this issue! i applaud them for that! these are serious times!

Yes, that's as it should be. The reality si we will all know once the contract is filed with the NFL for approval. No one involved in negotiations needs to discuss specifics.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM

I haven't see a lot of people overrating Cruz lately :rolleyes: