PDA

View Full Version : If a team ( Rams or Minn) with two 1st round picks offer Cruz a contract...

Jsilbs
03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
which 1st rounder do we get for Cruz?

Zaggs
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
I believe its their original pick so not the one they traded for.

Jsilbs
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Zaggs. I hope we dont have to worry about which draft pick! But I was curious

Jsilbs
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Bottom Line, he is a slot WR and the market is $6mm for the position. I understand, about Cruz being young, better stats, more of a deep threat. But at the end of the day, he is still a slot WR. Just Like Tackles get more than Guards, you position is key.

Now maybe Minn or the Rams are desperate and over pay with a $10mm contract and 1st round pick, but that is a steep price.

IMO, I could see the vikings doing it. They will have a new stadium to fill, and need talent. Jeff Fisher wont allow the Rams to pay that much ransom.

Tommy_Ribs
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I believe its their original pick so not the one they traded for.

Zaggs is correct we get the pick that is associate with the SLOT the team picks from based on their record/standings from the just completed season, NOT any picks that they may have also picked up along the way.

So if the Rams sign Cruz, they would keep the 1st rounder that they aquired from Washington, and we would get their pick.

Make sense?