PDA

View Full Version : O line not impressive.

ibbill
03-14-2013, 06:43 PM
thanks to UKAnt14 for the post of these players.

Hope we draft a O line man.1st or 2nd rd.or maybe a FA.

T: Will Beatty, David Diehl, James Brewer, Matt McCants, Brandon Mosley, Levy Ad****, Selvish Capers.
G: Chris Snee, Michael Jasper, Stephen Goodin, Chris DeGeare*, Bryant Browning*.
C: David Baas, Jim Cordle.

UKAnt14
03-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Could definitely do with a guard and a tackle...

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Probably use the 1 pick on a OT.

Scoobie-Doo
03-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Diehl must have pictures of Reese or Mara they don't want put out.

Good 2 years ago but every time he's on the field now I cringe.

Drez
03-14-2013, 06:50 PM
We still have a long way to go before football is played. It's a little early to be playing Chicken Little.

Scoobie-Doo
03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
We still have a long way to go before football is played. It's a little early to be playing Chicken Little.

Good so Diehl will be older and slower ;-)

giantsfan420
03-14-2013, 06:54 PM
well the great news imo is that almost all the mocks have 1 of warmack, cooper, l.johnson falling to us. 1 of those guys will be there and cant go wrong with each 1. each 1 would be a starter day 1. i personally hope its warmack bc l.johnson at RT is nice but kinda reach in value where as Warmack at G and we have a great interior overnight with warmack baas snee and then beatty outsde of warmack and we are a decent rt away from a phenomenal line...

Carter.525
03-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Cooper at #19 is ideal.. if not, got to look in the 2nd at Warford or Barrett Jones

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 08:14 PM
The Oline was the only decent thing the Giants had last year. And we only lost 1 guy. The line is fine. Although Id like to see the run blocking improve a little.

BlueBlooded1979
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
The Oline was the only decent thing the Giants had last year. And we only lost 1 guy. The line is fine. Although Id like to see the run blocking improve a little.

I must have missed last season. Maybe the whole Diehl/Locklear never happened.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I must have missed last season. Maybe the whole Diehl/Locklear never happened.

people just need something to cry about. eli was the least sacked QB in the league last year. the real problem in the DL and LB who could generate zero pressure and could not stop the run.

Kase-1
03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
I would totally be fine with us looking at another G or T

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
people just need something to cry about. eli was the least sacked QB in the league last year. the real problem in the DL and LB who could generate zero pressure and could not stop the run.Eli being the least sacked QB in the NFL last year has a lot more to do with Eli than it does with the OL. The OL was ranked 22nd in pass pro last year.

bearbryant
03-15-2013, 12:51 AM
If I were the NY Giants insurance agency, every time the ball was hiked I'd say a prayer. We now have one solid OT in Beatty; an aging but veteran OG in Snee and then what? Nothing!! This team needs to draft some heavy punchers in the early rounds this year. Get a good Interior lineman and a Tackle would set up the squad for several years to come. Just like when we had Simms and Co. We had first and second rounders in Roberts, Kratch, Williams, Moore, " Jumbo" Elliott. Those were some road graders baby! Go Giants!

ELI_Iz_God
03-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Diehl must have pictures of Reese or Mara they don't want put out.

Good 2 years ago but every time he's on the field now I cringe.

At this point a bag of hammers would out perform DD

giantsfam04
03-15-2013, 06:00 AM
If I were the NY Giants insurance agency, every time the ball was hiked I'd say a prayer. We now have one solid OT in Beatty; an aging but veteran OG in Snee and then what? Nothing!! This team needs to draft some heavy punchers in the early rounds this year. Get a good Interior lineman and a Tackle would set up the squad for several years to come. Just like when we had Simms and Co. We had first and second rounders in Roberts, Kratch, Williams, Moore, " Jumbo" Elliott. Those were some road graders baby! Go Giants!

That oline was BEAST, I do miss watching that team just line up and beat the crap out of the guy in front of them. They were great in pass pro and run blocking.

Rat_bastich
03-15-2013, 06:14 AM

Unfortunately I don't think those guys would grade much road nowadays. Jumbo Elliott was the biggest at 308 lbs. Oates weighed 275 lbs., Roberts 298 lbs., Kratch 288 lbs., Riesenberg 280 lbs. Defensive ends weigh that much now and defensive tackles eat that much in one sitting.

Captain Chaos
03-15-2013, 06:27 AM
I would have to agree, I don't see an O line with star studded talent. Think we keep Diehl because he is likely backup, however, I don't like his salary. Brewer is a huge question mark and we don't know what we have at left G. Definitely a work in progress....

giantyankee1976
03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
the O Line remains my biggest concern in spite of the hemorrhaging of player X or Y...

O Line and at this point another TE

we are Ok at Safety, questionable at Corner (slot maybe the X-Corner too) and as always the Backers are suspect...

But the O Line has been a big concern of mine for at least 2 seasons now.

JB456
03-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Eli being the least sacked QB in the NFL last year has a lot more to do with Eli than it does with the OL. The OL was ranked 22nd in pass pro last year.

Exactly. I laugh everytime I hear people say we have a good/decent offensive line. Are people watching these games? Do they not see Eli sliding arounding in the pocket and geting the ball out in less than 3 seconds? Its too bad we lost Bennett cause he could dish it off to him quickly if he is under duress.

The reality of the situation is, the older a person gets, the less quickly they can react. We need to give Eli as much time as possible to get a read on a defense and get rid of the ball. Take a look at New England's OLine and compare how much time Brady has to get rid of the ball, I swear I've counted more than 8 seconds on certain downs. Even in the Superbowl, when the Giants O'line was clicking on all cylinders, Brady had more time to diagnose a defense and get rid of it.

Toadofsteel
03-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Exactly. I laugh everytime I hear people say we have a good/decent offensive line. Are people watching these games? Do they not see Eli sliding arounding in the pocket and geting the ball out in less than 3 seconds? Its too bad we lost Bennett cause he could dish it off to him quickly if he is under duress.

The reality of the situation is, the older a person gets, the less quickly they can react. We need to give Eli as much time as possible to get a read on a defense and get rid of the ball. Take a look at New England's OLine and compare how much time Brady has to get rid of the ball, I swear I've counted more than 8 seconds on certain downs. Even in the Superbowl, when the Giants O'line was clicking on all cylinders, Brady had more time to diagnose a defense and get rid of it.

Seriously, this... Eli NEEDS a better O-line so that his Jedi Mastery can be put to better use going through progressions and getting the ball out, rather than avoiding rushers...

TheAnalyst
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
people just need something to cry about. eli was the least sacked QB in the league last year. the real problem in the DL and LB who could generate zero pressure and could not stop the run.And you know why Eli always has high interception rates and chucks it off his back foot all the time? You guessed it. To avoid the sack. Chuck n duck.

jomo
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Could definitely do with a guard and a tackle...As in 2 new starters.