PDA

View Full Version : If Diehl is making ANYTHING more than the veteran minimum this season....

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Something is severely wrong in this universe... I don't even care if some people say his play wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. He's 32... and a half (lol). His past two seasons leave MUCH to be desired and that's an understatement. Luckily for him he's been able to stay realtively healthy. His old buddies are already off the team and he's hanging on by a thread.

If he doesn't agree to the absolute minimum he should be cut, point blank period. I will be very disappointed if we waste any more money we could use for more pressing needs.

It was reported he restructured but that was premature, they assume he's in the process. Not restructure in the Baas sense... just reworked. Not sure why they said restructure though, confuses people.

danme
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Diehl will be fine -- Did you or anyone ever consider he was playing hurt (Yes he had back problems all last season) It just wasn't publisized. Relax the GIants Coaches and FO know more than we do

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Diehl will be fine -- Did you or anyone ever consider he was playing hurt (Yes he had back problems all last season) It just wasn't publisized. Relax the GIants Coaches and FO know more than we do

It doesn't matter, he's not worth anything more than the vet minimum at this stage in his career.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Something is severely wrong in this universe... I don't even care if some people say his play wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. He's 32... and a half (lol). His past two seasons leave MUCH to be desired and that's an understatement. Luckily for him he's been able to stay realtively healthy. His old buddies are already off the team and he's hanging on by a thread.

If he doesn't agree to the absolute minimum he should be cut, point blank period. I will be very disappointed if we waste any more money we could use for more pressing needs.

It was reported he restructured but that was premature, they assume he's in the process. Not restructure in the Baas sense... just reworked. Not sure why they said restructure though, confuses people.

Do you believe Reese knows how to what whatever needs to be done?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Diehl will be fine -- Did you or anyone ever consider he was playing hurt (Yes he had back problems all last season) It just wasn't publisized. Relax the GIants Coaches and FO know more than we do It wasn't because..I don't think anyone knows that what word means besides yourself.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Do you believe Reese knows how to what whatever needs to be done? Yes but most people act like he's flawless.

"Opps, lost Eli Manning to free agency..I believe in Reese" that's just the logic around here.

GameTime
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
ehh....whatever...
as fans I guess we can speculate on everything. But stop whining.....

danme
03-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Actually it does matter -- He is a VERY GOOD Rotational player -- Besides the Fact that he knows the O-Line as good and Better than most do on this team. He is a Locker Room Leader for the O-Line and he can still play. Ask this question to yourself. Who out there in FA can we plug into the O-line and can grasp the Blocking Schemes and Offense as well as Diehl does -- I cant think of anyone as of this time that we can afford. If you can God Bless You -- Maybe you should send your Resume' to the NYG for consideration of VP of Player Personel

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Yes but most people act like he's flawless.

"Opps, lost Eli Manning to free agency..I believe in Reese" that's just the logic around here.

NO ONE is flawless, but he's right more than not on personnel decisions. Boothe isn't signed, there's a hole. We may or may not have a RT waiting in the wings, there's a possible hole. We have so little depth on the Oline it's barely a wading pool. We can take care of some of that with the draft but we all know how often we put a draft pick on the front line from day one. If we didn't have a CAP, none of this wold be an issue, but we do and they have to work within it.

Bennett was a true find for 2012. He's now playing elsewhere because we have Robinson waiting in the wings. But suppose Robinson isn't ready for prime time? Diehl may not be a starter any longer, but he can be serve in rotation and he's playing at a lower CAP number now.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 07:45 PM
ehh....whatever...
as fans I guess we can speculate on everything. But stop whining.....

What will I do with all this cheese?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Maybe you should send your Resume' to the NYG for consideration of VP of Player Personel

Quite the original thinker.

LayLow
03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
NO ONE is flawless, but he's right more than not on personnel decisions. Boothe isn't signed, there's a hole. We may or may not have a RT waiting in the wings, there's a possible hole. We have so little depth on the Oline it's barely a wading pool. We can take care of some of that with the draft but we all know how often we put a draft pick on the front line from day one. If we didn't have a CAP, none of this wold be an issue, but we do and they have to work within it.

Bennett was a true find for 2012. He's now playing elsewhere because we have Robinson waiting in the wings. But suppose Robinson isn't ready for prime time? Diehl may not be a starter any longer, but he can be serve in rotation and he's playing at a lower CAP number now. Well said Ro

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 08:10 PM

Bennett was a true find for 2012. He's not playing elsewhere because we have Robinson waiting in the wings. But suppose Robinson isn't ready for prime time? Diehl may not be a starter any longer, but he can be serve in rotation and he's playing at a lower CAP number now.

Hes still the best RT on the roster. And if a G is not drafted early, hes the best option at LG too. Im so tired of reading how bad he is. We had the best pass protecting line in the league last year.

danme
03-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Hes still the best RT on the roster. And if a G is not drafted early, hes the best option at LG too. Im so tired of reading how bad he is. We had the best pass protecting line in the league last year.

Thank You -- I have been saying this all offseason -- For some reason some peeps think differently. Hey to each his own though. MONEY MONEY MONEY is the problem here. We aren't going to get a RT LT or anyone else that will be a Direct replacement for him at this time. He can play multiple positions on the O-line and is still a very good player.

Remember Jumbo Elliot?? We let him walk because people thought he was washed up. It took a long time to replace him and he had a Very good ending of his Carreer with the NYJ

Peace
Dan