PDA

View Full Version : Eli extension has to be looming on the horizion as a final play to resuscitate us

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Before the Andre Brown, Ross & Rivers signings our cap was only $1.5 million. We still have to sign Stevie Brown as well no?

The only way we are signing Cruz is if Eli gets an extension. We have no other moves left to make other than Diehl taking a pay cut or someone else being let go. Even with the patch work signings we are making we have zero room to do anything. We still have to find $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well.

It's in Eli's best interest and obviously the teams best interest as it helps immensely with everything. Once the extension is completed the dominos begin to fall.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Diehl took a pay cut today.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Diehl took a pay cut today.

Not finalized, only rumored. Premature news but it's in the works.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
He'll probably just get a whole new deal.

He will get a boat-load of up front money (guarantees, signing bonuses, etc.), and the Giants will get some major cap relief. Plus, we have some serious coin coming off the books in upcoming years. We aren't in terrible cap shape, especially as perennial contenders go.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Before the Andre Brown, Ross & Rivers signings our cap was only $1.5 million. We still have to sign Stevie Brown as well no?

The only way we are signing Cruz is if Eli gets an extension. We have no other moves left to make other than Diehl taking a pay cut or someone else being let go. Even with the patch work signings we are making we have zero room to do anything. We still have to find $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well.

It's in Eli's best interest and obviously the teams best interest as it helps immensely with everything. Once the extension is completed the dominos begin to fall.

There was a news article posted in the last few days indicating they were not thinking ab out asking Eli again

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 08:45 PM
He'll probably just get a whole new deal.

He will get a boat-load of up front money (guarantees, signing bonuses, etc.), and the Giants will get some major cap relief. Plus, we have some serious coin coming off the books in upcoming years. We aren't in terrible cap shape, especially as perennial contenders go.

We aren't in terrible cap shape but it's because we've signing patchwork players and releasing some quality ones. I agree this is what has to be done and I trust Reese & Co. 100% wholeheartedly I just hope it pays off. Losing KP really hurt our defense. I thought for sure since the market for safeties was very low and landry and others being signed that meant K would eventually resign with us.

We haven't really lost anyone aside from KP. Canty and Jenkins are equal, Boley and Jacquian might even be an upgrade for us(definitely athletically), Bradshaw isn't much of a loss at all because Wilson and Brown are better.

I just want to resign Boothe. I would be SHOCKED if Cruz didn't resign now with Welker, Amendola and Harvin off the table.

ironfox
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Any cut in pay regardless of how they do it benefits him greatly. If he and the FO worked out a Brady type deal the extra cap space would be enough to sign Nicks or Cruz long term possibly both.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 07:07 PM
When do you suppose we begin to hear more about this?

I see no other option. We have very few moves left to make.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
When do you suppose we begin to hear more about this?

I see no other option. We have very few moves left to make.

Unless it's an extension, it will just haunt us like the last one he did. They have said they aren't contemplating asking.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Any cut in pay regardless of how they do it benefits him greatly. If he and the FO worked out a Brady type deal the extra cap space would be enough to sign Nicks or Cruz long term possibly both.

They will not cut his pay no matter what they do.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Unless it's an extension, it will just haunt us like the last one he did. They have said they aren't contemplating asking.
That's the title of the thread lol...

I think all those pun on words fried your brain a little yesterday :)

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
That's the title of the thread lol...

I think all those pun on words fried your brain a little yesterday :)

They have said they aren't considering it

Flip Empty
03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Just sit back and watch, we don't know anything.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 07:50 PM
They have said they aren't considering it

That's not what Paul Dottino said.

bigbluetribe
03-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I wish they would do something where we extend Eli but for not much more and then spread his money out. I doubt he wants anymore money and would take some cut for more chances to win. We can guarantee his money and spread it out so he makes about 12 a year or so. Then we save money and boom winning lol

Flip Empty
03-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Who knows, perhaps he rejected one.

miked1958
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM
I see your point. Without Eli doing some type of extension or restructure, where would the money come from to re sign Boothe and all the Rookies? Plus I guess the rest of the guys on the UFA list are not in any future plans. The giants couldn't re sign any of them even if they wanted to.

miked1958
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Also what other Cuts could they make?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I see your point. Without Eli doing some type of extension or restructure, where would the money come from to re sign Boothe and all the Rookies? Plus I guess the rest of the guys on the UFA list are not in any future plans. The giants couldn't re sign any of them even if they wanted to.
I'm more-so looking at Cruz but also Boothe as well.

I believe right now we are OVER the cap with all the signings. We had to have restructured someones deal already and we just don't know it.

We were $1,591,113 under the cap, about 22.5 hours before the start of free agency as per Optimus-NY of BBI.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=466754

miked1958
03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Well I'm sure the giants FO has it under control. Why else would we be inviting in so many players to visit if we couldn't sign them and our own guys

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Well I'm sure the giants FO has it under control. Why else would we be inviting in so many players to visit if we couldn't sign them and our own guys

DAMN YOU REESE!!!!! YOU IMGRATE!!!!!

HE ALSO BROKE MY CAPS LOCK

Harooni
03-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Eli is 32 , i surely hope they dont lock him up till he is 39. i'd wait and see what he can do these next 2 years.

miked1958
03-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Eli is 32 , i surely hope they dont lock him up till he is 39. i'd wait and see what he can do these next 2 years.yep we got ourself in the Cap H3LL we are in now by re doing Eli twice. Don't think they want to go down that road again

nygfanmaybe
03-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Eli is 32 , i surely hope they dont lock him up till he is 39. i'd wait and see what he can do these next 2 years.Response 1-

Yeah, because who knows...maybe you have been right about him all along and we will finally all see what you have been seeing this year or next...

Response 2-

That's why JR is the GM and you are the MB buffoon...

RoanokeFan
03-16-2013, 06:31 AM
That's not what Paul Dottino said.

Well then that's a whole different story lol