PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not that upset with the FA so far?

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Not even going to say they will be fine because they do have a lot of holes to fill and might in fact struggle this year. Just never thought they had a shot at signing Bennett and maybe the team let KP go.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 08:51 PM
We just don't historically bring in a lot of free agents, especially expensive free agents.

speed3freak
03-14-2013, 08:54 PM
We just don't historically bring in a lot of free agents, especially expensive free agents.

The last big splash we made was Rolle,,, and it ended up being an awful contract.

Drez
03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
To me, nothing unexpected has happened. I didn't think we'd be able to keep either Bennett or KP. Thought we'd bring in a bunch of vet min type players. Lo and behold, that's exactly what's happened so far.

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but not just bringing in guys. The guys that are leaving does not upset me all that much either. Never thought they had a chance of signing Bennett since the season was over and the team may not have wanted KP back. At least not without securing themselves because of his history of injury and maybe he got more guaranteed money.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
To me, nothing unexpected has happened. I didn't think we'd be able to keep either Bennett or KP. Thought we'd bring in a bunch of vet min type players. Lo and behold, that's exactly what's happened so far.

Time to see what our draft picks have to offer

Buddy333
Well actually it would be nice to see them do something with Rolle. If he doesn't take a pay cut then cut him.

RoanokeFan
The last big splash we made was Rolle,,, and it ended up being an awful contract.

I think the last big splash may turn out to be Stevie Brown if he gets his act together

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Time to see what our draft picks have to offerCan't wait for the draft and the signing of a gem that Reese finds.

speed3freak
03-14-2013, 08:59 PM
I think the last big splash may turn out to be Stevie Brown if he gets his act together

Stevie wasn't a big splash Roan... he was a no name we signed for nothing that turned into an interception monster.

TheEnigma
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
I love watching teams like the Browns and Dolphins overpay for talent. How about the Titans giving Shonn Greene $4mil a year or paying G Andy Levitre more than Will Beatty a LT? Honestly, FA is probably the most overrated part of the off-season.

Free Agency is where you do your temp patch up jobs. The Draft is where teams are built.

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm actually happy so far...nothing too drastic happened. Probably the worst thing is KP going to the Eagles but that's fine. Last time I was upset they got a good player for us he screwed them over and they had a disaster of a season.

I love the Jenkins pick up and I hope Mundy can contribute. Can't wait for the draft.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I was doing fine until KP went to Philly. Really didn't see that coming.

BigBlueAllDay
03-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Aaron Ross is back! mixed with a P. Diddy song.

He's coming home.
He's coming home.
Tell the world he's coming home.
Let his reign wash away....all the pains of bad draft days.
Another Superbowl awaits and the Giants should do a Harlem Shake.
He's coming home.
He's coming home.
Tell the world he's coming home.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
I am not upset at all. This is what Reese does build through the draft not FA.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I am not upset at all. This is what Reese does build through the draft not FA.Aaaaaaaand

that's the only way to do it

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I was doing fine until KP went to Philly. Really didn't see that coming.I was surprised it took until today. They had a ton of cap space and need secondary help something fierce.

Die-Hard
03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Not upset at all. It's football, and teams lose guys for one reason or another every year. Too many people get mesmerized by these big name, big contract signings that draw all the headlines, and they dont seem to understand what a salary cap is and why the Giants cant make their wildest dreams come true by signing them all.

P_Simms_#11
03-14-2013, 09:32 PM
I was doing fine until KP went to Philly. Really didn't see that coming.

Wouldn't have minded as much if it was to a non-NFCE team.

TheEnigma
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Aaaaaaaand

that's the only way to do it

Don't you want to catch them all though? Jeff Ireland is a master GM at acquiring talent with Jeff Ross money!

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I am not upset at all. This is what Reese does build through the draft not FA.Amen

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
I was surprised it took until today. They had a ton of cap space and need secondary help something fierce.Yeah, they need secondary help, but for the reasons you stated, I don't see why they went for KP. They could have gone for Delmas, Goldson, Reed, Quin, Woodson, etc. Plus, they had gotten Chung, too.

I know KP's value, providing he stays healthy, probably outdoes everyone else's -- but jeez, not a big fan of the signing...

I'll reserve further comment until I see the contract details, but if it's +/-1-1.5 mil to what we gave Mundy, I'm gonna be pissed.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Wouldn't have minded as much if it was to a non-NFCE team.I was kinda hoping TB, or Carolina.

Tampa would've had a nice trio of safeties with Barron/Phillips/Goldson, but their scheme (which is ran by Sheridan, who only God knows what his approach to passing football is) isn't as safety-oriented as ours with the Big-Nickel.

Since we're on the topic, can you believe that they let Michael Bennett go on a 1 year/5 million dollar deal to Seattle -- who have also landed Avril, too?

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, they need secondary help, but for the reasons you stated, I don't see why they went for KP. They could have gone for Delmas, Goldson, Reed, Quin, Woodson, etc. Plus, they had gotten Chung, too.

I know KP's value, providing he stays healthy, probably outdoes everyone else's -- but jeez, not a big fan of the signing...

I'll reserve further comment until I see the contract details, but if it's +/-1-1.5 mil to what we gave Mundy, I'm gonna be pissed.I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a safety in the first 2 rounds. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if we draft anything besides QB.

It's either that or they have a ton of confidence in Will Hill.

jax5338
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
remember 2 years ago when the eagles picked up all of those sexy free agents and everyone around here went crazy because they won the superbowl?!?!?

oh wait...

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
remember 2 years ago when the eagles picked up all of those sexy free agents and everyone around here went crazy because they won the superbowl?!?!?

oh wait...They're doing it again, this is the Dream Team #2

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a safety in the first 2 rounds. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if we draft anything besides QB.

It's either that or they have a ton of confidence in Will Hill.Based on his background, I prefer we have little-to-nothing riding on Hill. He very well may stay on the "straight and narrow," but he has a very small sampling size, which is concerning even to a boy scout-type player.

Rolle-Brown-Hill have a boatload of potential, but I also thought Michael Johnson was a promising player.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
They're doing it again, this is the Dream Team #2Lol their plan is screaming disaster. They sign Isaac Sopoaga, Kenny Phillips, Bradley Fletcher, Connor Barwin, Cary Williams, and Jason Phillips to play in their new 34 defense.

Man, that defense is gonna have some major communication issues!

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, they need secondary help, but for the reasons you stated, I don't see why they went for KP. They could have gone for Delmas, Goldson, Reed, Quin, Woodson, etc. Plus, they had gotten Chung, too.

I'll reserve further comment until I see the contract details, but if it's +/-1-1.5 mil to what we gave Mundy, I'm gonna be pissed.I have a feeling KP wanted a long term deal to stay here; essentially he'd take a contract on another team that he wouldn't here.

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Lol their plan is screaming disaster. They sign Isaac Sopoaga, Kenny Phillips, Bradley Fletcher, Connor Barwin, Cary Williams, and Jason Phillips to play in their new 34 defense.

Man, that defense is gonna have some major communication issues!Let's hope lol

miked1958
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
We just don't historically bring in a lot of free agents, especially expensive free agents.again these people have to realize we have been doing it this way for a long long time. We have won the most SBs since 86. Posting a 4-1 record in the Big Game.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
I have a feeling KP wanted a long term deal to stay here; essentially he'd take a contract on another team that he wouldn't here.Could be what Canty was looking for, too.

I guess we weren't serious enough in our interests to advise their camps to let NY match their offers. Who knows, maybe they did, either way I guess I'll have to trust Reese's intuition.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM

the team turned it into an awful contract by restructuring it. rolle has been a good player for us, with out him the D would have been that much worse last season. like him or not, the FO apparently values him and that is enough for me. and for all of you that say he cant cover your right. he is a terrible zone cover guy. the problem with that is he is a press cover corner who excels in man to man where he can impose his physical style and push receivers off their routes.

AllHailEli
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM

oh wait...

Yeah, they produced a "Dream Team" and then the year after started a "Dynasty". Both lasted in pre-season.

speed3freak
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
the team turned it into an awful contract by restructuring it. rolle has been a good player for us, with out him the D would have been that much worse last season. like him or not, the FO apparently values him and that is enough for me. and for all of you that say he cant cover your right. he is a terrible zone cover guy. the problem with that is he is a press cover corner who excels in man to man where he can impose his physical style and push receivers off their routes.

I might even say his whole career is a bust. He was drafted 8th overall in 2005 as a CB. Unfortunately, he cant run, he has no closing speed, he possesses no fluidity in his hips, and has no depth awareness. He is the epitome of 40 times not translating to game speed. He ran a 4.48, he looks like he runs a 5.0 40 whens he is playing.

FBomb
03-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Not upset at all.....but it appears we are the minority here.

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Not upset at all.....but it appears we are the minority here.We sure are....It's alright though. I'm actually surprised we were able to get Jenkins, I thought we would be much worse off, this is actually a good free agency for the Gmen.

ashleymarie
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Since we have no input in the matter, why be upset? We are spectators 12 months out of the year. It is so easy to want to be heard and be part of the decisions. I'm guilty too especially about the Cruz matter. It is what it is. Keeps us entertained when we are all missing our Giants to the hilt.

ashleymarie
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, they produced a "Dream Team" and then the year after started a "Dynasty". Both lasted in pre-season.

Haha. Good one.

giantyankee1976
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
we have no cash to spend, loyalty only goes so far when they waving them bills in your face...

joemorrisforprez
03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Not even going to say they will be fine because they do have a lot of holes to fill and might in fact struggle this year. Just never thought they had a shot at signing Bennett and maybe the team let KP go.

I'm not upset because I've grown used to this....that's about the best I can say at this point.

I'm glad we have a kicker that can make a 50 yarder, though.

mercurio
03-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Reese is the dumpster diver of free agency. Sometimes he finds a diamond in the rough. Other times he just finds trash.

P_Simms_#11
03-15-2013, 02:09 AM
I was kinda hoping TB, or Carolina.

Tampa would've had a nice trio of safeties with Barron/Phillips/Goldson, but their scheme (which is ran by Sheridan, who only God knows what his approach to passing football is) isn't as safety-oriented as ours with the Big-Nickel.

Since we're on the topic, can you believe that they let Michael Bennett go on a 1 year/5 million dollar deal to Seattle -- who have also landed Avril, too?

Didn't know about Bennett until you mentioned it. Seattle's defense is already scary as it is. Article states only allowed 15.3 ppg last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150893/article/michael-bennett-seattle-seahawks-agree-to-contract

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Didn't know about Bennett until you mentioned it. Seattle's defense is already scary as it is. Article states only allowed 15.3 ppg last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150893/article/michael-bennett-seattle-seahawks-agree-to-contract

i think seattle just might be the favorite to go to the superbowl. i wont be surprised if i see mostly seahawks-broncos predictions for the super bowl next year.

Rat_bastich
03-15-2013, 02:20 AM
i think seattle just might be the favorite to go to the superbowl. i wont be surprised if i see mostly seahawks-broncos predictions for the super bowl next year.

Now you know Dallas is going to be a prediction favorite.

P_Simms_#11
03-15-2013, 02:35 AM

True. Unfortunately It's an annual tradition by the talking heads.

Giants5699
03-15-2013, 02:38 AM

Dallas has actually been chosen to finish last in the NFC East by the talking heads already. I think everyone is abandoning ship. They are on the 'Michael Vick is hungry' 'If RG3 is healthy' and 'The Giants are so inconsistent that we are not guessing what they will do' bandwagon currently.

P_Simms_#11
03-15-2013, 02:45 AM

I would've liked to have seen a Hawks/Niner's NFCCG last season.

BuffyBlueII
03-15-2013, 02:55 AM

The Rolle signing was weird. Granted, we overpaid for him but Antrelle Rolle is exactly what he was before we signed him. We shouldn't be surprised that he gets burned every so often. Although he may be overpaid, he comes to work and gives it his all on game day and that is all we can ask for him. The guy does his best and although he sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, he fears no one and has a great attitude.

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 03:06 AM
it also seems like the eagles have a fetish for defensive players on the texans. demeco ryans, casey, and now barwin.

Giants5699
03-15-2013, 03:11 AM
I would've liked to have seen a Hawks/Niner's NFCCG last season.
Russell Wilson, IMO, should have been ROY last year. He was an absolute beast. Sure, the first 5-6 games he had some growing pains, but he hit his stride. I think history will remember him as the best QB from that draft class. I'm going out on a limb and picking Seattle to win the Superbowl this year.

BuffyBlueII
03-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Dallas has actually been chosen to finish last in the NFC East by the talking heads already. I think everyone is abandoning ship. They are on the 'Michael Vick is hungry' 'If RG3 is healthy' and 'The Giants are so inconsistent that we are not guessing what they will do' bandwagon currently.

RG III being healthy is not really the thing that concerns me. Seattle and Pittsburgh played him exactly the way they should've. They took the short and medium routes away and made him have to throw long and that is where they were successful against him. The guy doesn't have much of an arm for the deep ball. This guy is not Mike Vick, Russel Wilson or Colin Kapernick. He needs the high percentage short and medium passes to be successful. He is a very different QB when Pierre Garcon isn't playing.

I doubt that Dallas Cowboys finish at the bottom. They don't choke till the very end when it counts with the division on the line.

The thing with Mike Vick is that in addition to his athleticism, he has a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately, I think he will bounce back and have a very good season. Look for more emphasis to be put on fortifying their offensive line and getting him some protection. As much as I hate Philadelphia Eagles, I just can't count Mike Vick out. The guy has a lot of football left in him and I think Chip Kelly is going to know how to get that team going.

Amidst all the free agent losses and personnel changes, I think NY Giants will be fine. We will be competitive and have a real good shot at winning our division and making playoffs. I watched an interview with Victor Cruz toward the latter part of last season. I found the interview odd because Victor Cruz has stated to the effect of "We turn it up at the end of the season and take care of business. We do it every year." I found it odd because we don't do that every year and it was only the second full season that Victor Cruz had played with NY Giants. Nevertheless, I think that his statement was part of the mentality that most of the team had and not producing at the end of the season will be used in my opinion as a wake up call. I expect more urgency for every game and I expect Eli Manning to step it up this season and lead us in to the playoffs again.

Giants5699
03-15-2013, 03:15 AM
RG III being healthy is not really the thing that concerns me. Seattle and Pittsburgh played him exactly the way they should've. They took the short and medium routes away and made him have to throw long and that is where they were successful against him. The guy doesn't have much of an arm for the deep ball. This guy is not Mike Vick, Russel Wilson or Colin Kapernick. He needs the high percentage short and medium passes to be successful. He is a very different QB when Pierre Garcon isn't playing.

I doubt that Dallas Cowboys finish at the bottom. They don't choke till the very end when it counts with the division on the line.

The thing with Mike Vick is that in addition to his athleticism, he has a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately, I think he will bounce back and have a very good season. Look for more emphasis to be put on fortifying their offensive line and getting him some protection. As much as I hate Philadelphia Eagles, I just can't count Mike Vick out. The guy has a lot of football left in him and I think Chip Kelly is going to know how to get that team going.

Amidst all the free agent losses and personnel changes, I think NY Giants will be fine. We will be competitive and have a real good shot at winning our division and making playoffs. I watched an interview with Victor Cruz toward the latter part of last season. I found the interview odd because Victor Cruz has stated to the effect of "We turn it up at the end of the season and take care of business. We do it every year." I found it odd because we don't do that every year and it was only the second full season that Victor Cruz had played with NY Giants. Nevertheless, I think that his statement was part of the mentality that most of the team had and not producing at the end of the season will be used in my opinion as a wake up call. I expect more urgency for every game and I expect Eli Manning to step it up this season and lead us in to the playoffs again.

Chip Kelly is installing a read and react offense. Vick will not last 3 games this year, if he even makes it out of week one. He's going to read every play as "i need to run the ball". Stick a fork in Vick, he's done.
RGIII is also an injury waiting to happen in the NFL. Kirk Cousins is the QB of the future for the skins.
The Chokeboys will choke their season away.. as per usual.
Giants win the East. That's my prediction.

the post you commented on was what i gathered from watching NFL Network today.

P_Simms_#11
03-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Russell Wilson, IMO, should have been ROY last year. He was an absolute beast. Sure, the first 5-6 games he had some growing pains, but he hit his stride. I think history will remember him as the best QB from that draft class. I'm going out on a limb and picking Seattle to win the Superbowl this year.

I agree 100%, but I knew (as most did) that Robert Griffin III would get it.

Rat_bastich
03-15-2013, 03:26 AM

Yep, but I think after the draft most talking heads will have changed their minds. Chris Mortensen will start the Dallas campaign and it will take like wildfire.

miked1958
03-15-2013, 05:32 AM
People on here are crying for Eli to restructure so we can keep all of our FAs. Losing KP, Bennett to other teams and having to Cut Bradshaw, Boley and Canty in a way is a direct result of those two times Eli re did his deal. We are now paralized because of it and left to sit by idle while other teams come by and swoop in and pick us clean like a buzzard does to a dead carcass or a helpless animal. It's time to play the Piper guys and I suggest we sit back and take it like men and women.

The last thing we want is for him to do it again. We are learning a hard lesson and I'm afraid its not over yet this offseason. When the dust clears we may yet lose a lot more key players as well as role players. But we will come out better in the long run if we don't give in... There I said my piece, take it for what it's worth

TCHOF
03-15-2013, 07:45 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Learned a hard lesson about what? I wouldn't pay Bennett $20M if we had $100M in cap space. The injury histories of KP and Bradshaw warranted cutting ties with them. The fact that KP had to take a crap one-year deal from the Eagles and that Bradshaw remains unsigned, shows that those decisions were on the mark. Canty was cut because he wasn't worth $8M for the upcoming season. This was confirmed when he signed a 3 year $8M deal on the open market. Boley was cut because age, injuries and declining production made him not worth the money he was due to be paid for next season. He currently remains unsigned.

Being up against the cap is unavoidable when you have a franchise QB who has gotten paid. It's just a business reality in the NFL. That being said, our FO is making very smart decisions with this roster.

Giants5699
03-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Sometimes I wonder if people just get hammered drunk and come on these boards and post the first thing that pops in their drunk minds...

giantyankee1976
03-15-2013, 07:55 AM

what no love for the re-tooled Philthy Shegals? Championship.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Seriously

giantyankee1976
03-15-2013, 08:34 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Learned a hard lesson about what? I wouldn't pay Bennett $20M if we had $100M in cap space. The injury histories of KP and Bradshaw warranted cutting ties with them. The fact that KP had to take a crap one-year deal from the Eagles and that Bradshaw remains unsigned, shows that those decisions were on the mark. Canty was cut because he wasn't worth $8M for the upcoming season. This was confirmed when he signed a 3 year $8M deal on the open market. Boley was cut because age, injuries and declining production made him not worth the money he was due to be paid for next season. He currently remains unsigned.

Being up against the cap is unavoidable when you have a franchise QB who has gotten paid. It's just a business reality in the NFL. That being said, our FO is making very smart decisions with this roster.

good post.

it is a business after all and we want a good return on investment. Injury-plagued guys is too much of a gamble overall.

me personally I am sick of having a stacked 2ndary and by preseason game 4 we're down to 3 healthy game-ready DBs. (as an example)

Drez
03-15-2013, 08:35 AM
The Rolle signing was weird. Granted, we overpaid for him but Antrelle Rolle is exactly what he was before we signed him. We shouldn't be surprised that he gets burned every so often. Although he may be overpaid, he comes to work and gives it his all on game day and that is all we can ask for him. The guy does his best and although he sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, he fears no one and has a great attitude.The Rolle signing wasn't weird at all. He was the top safety in FA that year, and in '09 we were starting CC Brown and Aaron Rouse.

Buddy333
03-15-2013, 08:39 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about.Learned a hard lesson about what? I wouldn't pay Bennett $20M if we had $100M in cap space. The injury histories of KP and Bradshaw warranted cutting ties with them. The fact that KP had to take a crap one-year deal from the Eagles and that Bradshaw remains unsigned, shows that those decisions were on the mark. Canty was cut because he wasn't worth $8M for the upcoming season. This was confirmed when he signed a 3 year $8M deal on the open market. Boley was cut because age, injuries and declining production made him not worth the money he was due to be paid for next season. He currently remains unsigned.Being up against the cap is unavoidable when you have a franchise QB who has gotten paid. It's just a business reality in the NFL. That being said, our FO is making very smart decisions with this roster.Yeah that just about sums it up.

miked1958
03-15-2013, 09:48 AM
all good valid points. but the fact remains we are in the mess we are in now BECAUSE of the two restuctures that have already been done with Eli's Deal. Sure your right about the points of bennett not being worth what he got on open market and KP and Bradshaws injuries. Boley was Old. However the fact remains that the giants are HANDCUFFED because this year and next they have to face what they did with eli pushing off those huge numbers and now its time. So all I am saying is IF they had Cap space they may have approched some of these guys in a different way. May have offered AB, KP and Boley 1 year deals to see if they wanted to stay. may have tried to see if Canty wanted to redo his deal to stay. May have offered Bennett just a little more prior to FA starting to see if they could convince him to resign. Maybe all would have been the same as it is now.

But the main point of what i posted (maybe i should have worded the TITLE of the thread better that was moved into this Thread, and made it more about ELI) is we need to stand FIRM and not cave in and make the same mistake again and be sitting here 3 or 4 years from now with the same problem. As i said this may get worse before it gets better (Cruz, Boothe) but we need to just ride it out and it will get better over next few seasons.

ryan12
03-15-2013, 09:57 AM

your awesome

FBomb
03-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Sometimes I wonder if people just get hammered drunk and come on these boards and post the first thing that pops in their drunk minds...

Oh.....I don't wonder that at all. The proof is there.

Buddy333
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
your awesomeSo what would you like them to do? Over pay guys when they already have cap issues? Cut guys with no replacements on hand?

Moke
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
We let a lot of big names (on our team) go, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Just hope we could find viable replacements.

TCHOF
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
all good valid points. but the fact remains we are in the mess we are in now BECAUSE of the two restuctures that have already been done with Eli's Deal. Sure your right about the points of bennett not being worth what he got on open market and KP and Bradshaws injuries. Boley was Old. However the fact remains that the giants are HANDCUFFED because this year and next they have to face what they did with eli pushing off those huge numbers and now its time. So all I am saying is IF they had Cap space they may have approched some of these guys in a different way. May have offered AB, KP and Boley 1 year deals to see if they wanted to stay. may have tried to see if Canty wanted to redo his deal to stay. May have offered Bennett just a little more prior to FA starting to see if they could convince him to resign. Maybe all would have been the same as it is now.

But the main point of what i posted (maybe i should have worded the TITLE of the thread better that was moved into this Thread, and made it more about ELI) is we need to stand FIRM and not cave in and make the same mistake again and be sitting here 3 or 4 years from now with the same problem. As i said this may get worse before it gets better (Cruz, Boothe) but we need to just ride it out and it will get better over next few seasons.

To me, the bottom line is that I would rather spend the money on Eli than on any of the guys we let go or on any of the FA contracts that have been signed to date by other players.

Buddy333
03-15-2013, 10:32 AM
They very well may struggle this year. They had a lot of holes to fill and unless they hit on all their picks in the draft they will still have a lot of holes to fill for the next season. The secondary looks very unstable right. Maybe Webster does have a better year but he is getting older. Rolle is not that good. The younger guys look promising, but they are young. The DT position is a mess. As of now they have ONE reliable DT. Same goes for DE. Maybe Tuck has a better year. Sure hope he does and proves everyone wrong. Till then they have ONE reliable DE.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
your awesomeHis awesome what?

jomo
03-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh.....I don't wonder that at all. The proof is there...........and it't not a recent phenomenon lol.

MattMeyerBud
03-15-2013, 01:16 PM

i think we're having a pretty decent offseason so far: Jenkins, Ross, Mundy, and Brown

i can live with it

Broadway Blue
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Eagles did try to make a lot of noise during the free agency but it turned out that the dream team was all a dream after all

uther99
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm happy with the moves so far. I don't follow the cap precisely, but I've read that next year Giants have more money freed up. Can't buy what you can't afford right now