PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Rebuilding Mode...

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
....After next year's big money contracts are up we go into the future locking up Nicks, Cruz and JPP, then the new era of Giants football begins.

StrahanSoup92
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Ive said it many times...

Im not expecting much this coming season. But we definitely have the potential to be right back at the top the following season. Its very important we address the OLine in draft. Diehl and Snee will be gone next year, allowing us to sign Nicks and Cruz. If we get lucky with some good draft picks, we could really be set for the next 5-7 years.

Diamondring
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Giants are still in it I think.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 08:59 PM
We're not through FA or the draft yet. What has happened that's been so terrible?

Rush4Blitz2
Giants are still in it I think.I really want to believe that

StrahanTheMan
Home Superbowl!

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
We're not through FA or the draft yet. What has happened that's been so terrible?How about losing 6 quality starters

Cloud57
03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Ive said it many times...

Im not expecting much this coming season. But we definitely have the potential to be right back at the top the following season. Its very important we address the OLine in draft. Diehl and Snee will be gone next year, allowing us to sign Nicks and Cruz. If we get lucky with some good draft picks, we could really be set for the next 5-7 years.All the younger teams (age wise) in the NFL are getting better, older teams like the Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Pats etc. all seem to be in rebuilding mode to some extent.

Buddy333
They could be, but its better than restructuring to over pay guys to stay. IF Eli plays better, and IF Nicks can stay health, and IF Wilson can explode this season, and IF they repair the DL with the draft they may be fine.

RoanokeFan
How about losing 6 quality starters

Who?

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 09:02 PM
All the younger teams in the NFL are getting better, older teams like the Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Pats etc. all seem to be in rebuilding mode to some extent.All those other teams wish they where the older teams. By the way, the Giants are not that old a team.

TheEnigma
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
All the younger teams in the NFL are getting better, older teams like the Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Pats etc. all seem to be in rebuilding mode to some extent.

That's just how it works when you have good talent getting poached and/or declining due to old age. The teams with QBs on rookie contracts will have a significant advantage for years to come to build a superior roster until the next NFL CBA.

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Who?+1. They cut a bunch of guys, didn't lose them. They lost Bennett and that is not a surprise at all and now KP. With his history of injury they may have let him go. You don't know.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Phillips, Blackburn, Bradshaw, Bennet, Boley, Canty and thats not counting Hixon he was pretty much a starter.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
+1. They cut a bunch of guys, didn't lose them. They lost Bennett and that is not a surprise at all and now KP. With his history of injury they may have let him go. You don't know.

When we see the final 53 we can start biting our nails.

ShakeandBake
03-14-2013, 09:06 PM
....After next year's big money contracts are up we go into the future locking up Nicks, Cruz and JPP, then the new era of Giants football begins.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLfVJx71V0WZAHMjrIfXdhIEK5QcDb9 g5Hnhegjle_HRzrgCT_aQ

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:06 PM
+1. They cut a bunch of guys, didn't lose them. They lost Bennett and that is not a surprise at all and now KP. With his history of injury they may have let him go. You don't know.

Cutting it is losing, you either keep or lose players, there is no mid-way. If cutting them is not keeping them its is losing.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:07 PM
When we see the final 53 we can start biting our nails.

I start biting my nails everytime I see our secondary.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Who?Phillips, Boley, Blackburn, Bennett, Canty, Bradshaw, Osi. And not to mention Hixon who is a starter when we open up in 3 receiver sets.

Guess that's 8. My bad.

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
We're not through FA or the draft yet. What has happened that's been so terrible?KP signed with the Eagles. That means that we suck and Reese is an imgrate.

moosedrool
03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Phillips, Blackburn, Bradshaw, Bennet, Boley, Canty and thats not counting Hixon he was pretty much a starter.

The only guy on that list I think they'll miss is Bennett. I think Hill and Brown have shown enough where we won't miss KP.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Cutting it is losing, you either keep or lose players, there is no mid-way. If cutting them is not keeping them its is losing.+1, I thought that comment was so "left field", to put it nicely, I didn't even bother replying.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Phillips, Boley, Blackburn, Canty, Bradshaw, Osi. And not to mention Hixon who is a starter when we open up in 3 receiver sets.

Wilson and a healthy Brown are an upgrade over Bradshaw. Boley wasn't a starter the second half of the season. Blackburn is easily replaced and Osi had a terrible season. Things are not nearly as bad as people want to believe.

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Phillips, Boley, Blackburn, Bennett, Canty, Bradshaw, Osi. And not to mention Hixon who is a starter when we open up in 3 receiver sets.

Guess that's 8. My bad.Boley played like trash most of last year. Blackburn isn't a starter on 31 NFL teams. Canty and Jenkins are the same quality of player. Bradshaw has two busted wheels, so going with Wilson and Brown is an upgrade. Osi wasn't a starter, and considering 95% of the boards wanted to buy his plane ticket out of town, is it really a loss? Hixon is a nice player, but far from special.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Wilson and a healthy Brown are an upgrade over Bradshaw. Boley wasn't a starter the second half of the season. Blackburn is easily replaced and Osi had a terrible season. Things are not nearly as bad as people want to believe.You're a glass half full type of guy

njg85m
03-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah, this is why I try not to visit these forums in the off-season. Sadly, I have not forgotten how completely ridiculous some of the comments on here can be.

We "lost" players who either a.) can't stay healthy b.) have not made much of an impact c.) are universally hated by 90% of this board

And the sky is already falling? Can we at least wait until July to start the annual overblown panic?

Rudyy
03-14-2013, 09:16 PM
http://theicarusproject.net/files/images/chill_pill.preview.jpg

Relax..

gabriel_1
Wilson and a healthy Brown are an upgrade over Bradshaw. Boley wasn't a starter the second half of the season. Blackburn is easily replaced and Osi had a terrible season. Things are not nearly as bad as people want to believe.

Things are not as bad as people want to believe, but first we got to replace these positions. It's not about the the quality is how many we are losing. If we don't bring back Boothe that will be a huge loss. We have to spend one of our high picks on a CB, LB, OL.

ozzie0075
You're a glass half full type of guy

The reality is many of the guys the Giants lost aren't very good players anymore.

Rush4Blitz2
Oh yeah, this is why I try not to visit these forums in the off-season. Sadly, I have not forgotten how completely ridiculous some of the comments on here can be.

We "lost" players who either a.) can't stay healthy b.) have not made much of an impact c.) are universally hated by 90% of this board

And the sky is already falling? Can we at least wait until July to start the annual overblown panic?It's not panic....just stating what I'm seeing by the types of moves being made.

TheEnigma
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
We lost decent, serviceable guys but with the exception of Bennett, none of them really had any upside to become something special moving forward. I'm a huge KP fan but I understand why the FO didn't want to bring him back and the back field is the one area I will worry about until we see the preseason games.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM
The reality is many of the guys the Giants lost aren't very good players anymore.Exactly... so if they were good enough to start for us, and we lose them...... what does that say about the players behind them and the current roster as it stand?

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM

We just signed Ryan Mundy for KP, Rivers for Boley, Robinson for Bennett, Jenkins for Canty, Hixon isn't gone yet, Wilson and Brown at RB, Blackburn not gone yet

njg85m
03-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Ot's not panic....just stating what I'm seeing by the types of moves being made.

What "moves" are you talking about exactly? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smartass but could you explain exactly how our team is in any worse shape then it was a month ago?

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Exactly... so if they were good enough to start for us, and we lose them...... what does that say about the players behind them and the current roster as it stand?

Next man up.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Things are not as bad as people want to believe, but first we got to replace these positions. It's not about the the quality is how many we are losing. If we don't bring back Boothe that will be a huge loss. We have to spend one of our high picks on a CB, LB, OL.

Ok Bradshaw has been replaced, Boley is replaced with a healthy Williams and Rivers and Jenkins replaces Canty. So of the 6 guys mentioned 3 have been replaced. I still believe Boothe will be back. Oh and we still have a 2 time SB MVP not rebuilding at all.

TheEnigma
We just signed Ryan Mundy for KP, Rivers for Boley, Robinson for Bennett, Jenkins for Canty, Hixon isn't gone yet, Wilson and Brown at RB, Blackburn not gone yet

We already have Rivers last year and Robinson just moves up the depth chart: they will still need one more TE in the mix. Mundy and KP shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Thankfully though, we still have more FA to go through and a draft next month.

Rush4Blitz2
What "moves" are you talking about exactly? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smartass but could you explain exactly how our team is in any worse shape then it was a month ago?We lost 8 players that were instrumental for us scoring points, and defending touchdowns. Is that clear enough?

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I was happy with the cuts, I actually think that our team will improve for them; however, I thought that with the cuts some benefits would come and so far the only ones I've seen was Beatty and Cullins. Rivers has potential but cant stay healthy. Aaron Ross is good depth but bad. Ryan Mundy I can't complain cause I didn't hear much about him however he got a "minus" grade from PFF.

BlueBlooded1979
03-14-2013, 09:23 PM

Those replacements are like replacing Brooklyn Decker with Rosanne Barr. They can't do the things you need and would you really want to see them try ?

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM
We just signed Ryan Mundy for KP, Rivers for Boley, Robinson for Bennett, Jenkins for Canty, Hixon isn't gone yet, Wilson and Brown at RB, Blackburn not gone yetSteeler fans are thanking us for taking Mundy off their hands. Robinson is unproven, Williams can't stay healthy and is not a proven player yet. Rivers can't stay healthy, not to mention is terrible. Jenkins may still have what it takes but suffers in run-support. Can Wilson handle the starting role with 60% of the carries?
Too many negatives and question marks to consider this a fair trade-off..... Far from it.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I start biting my nails everytime I see our secondary.

Look away :)

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Steeler fans are thanking us for taking Mundy off their hands. Robinson is unproven, Williams can't stay healthy and is not a proven player yet. Rivers can't stay healthy, not to mention is terrible. Jenkins may still have what it takes but suffers in run-support. Can Wilson handle the starting role with 60% of the carries?
Too many negatives and question marks to consider this a fair trade-off..... Far from it.

Dallas fans were elated we took that bum Bennett

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Ok Bradshaw has been replaced, Boley is replaced with a healthy Williams and Rivers and Jenkins replaces Canty. So of the 6 guys mentioned 3 have been replaced. I still believe Boothe will be back. Oh and we still have a 2 time SB MVP not rebuilding at all.

We'll see that after he signs, but until then he is not. I like the Boley cut its was smart I believe and I like Rivers and Williams moving up. And yes we do have Eli. It's not re-building mode, if anything it is a mini-rebuild. My only problem is the CB, I can't get over it, Webster get bad as the years go by, I looked his grade from PFF from the past 5 years and he just had gotten worse. I'm praying that Hosley steps up cause we are going to need him.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Dallas fans were elated we took that bum Bennett

Mundy is far different from Bennet. Bennet was a second rounder that had HUGE potential. Mundy is a sixth rounder who was probably drafted for depth.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Dallas fans were elated we took that bum BennettPoint?

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Those replacements are like replacing Brooklyn Decker with Rosanne Barr. They can't do the things you need and would you really want to see them try ?

You can't keep everyone. Boley was injured last season, Bennett got a far better deal than we would have given him, Canty got far more than we would have given him. Blackburn, while still available is really too slow for the option-read offenses we have to face, Phillips was injured and went through a difficult rehab process. The only one who concerns me is Hixon.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Point?

You said Steeler fans were thanking us for taking Mundy. Just like Dallas fans last year with us taking Bennett. He was signed for one year and that worked out pretty well for us. That year is up and he's moved on, very much like Kawika Mitchell a few years back.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM

Doesn't mean you can't win with Rosanne Barr. And it doesn't mean Rosanne can't turn into Brooklyn Decker. Stevie Brown, Bennett and Andre Brown are great examples of that.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
You can't keep everyone. Boley was injured last season, Bennett got a far better deal than we would have given him, Canty got far mjore than we would have given him. Blackburn, while stilla vailable is really too slow for the option-read offenses we have to face, Phillips was injured and went through a difficult rehab process. The only one who concerns me is Hixon.Not being able to keep the guys because of financial reasons is not the point. The point is we lost them, and only replaced 1 spot (Jenkins). That leaves 7 other positions that we need to fill with quality talent, and right now our roster doesn't show that.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Not being able to keep the guys because of financial reasons is not the point. The point is we lost them, and only replaced 1 spot (Jenkins). That leaves 7 other positions that we need to fill with quality talent, and right now our roster doesn't show that.

Many of those positions are going to be filled with quality talent on the roster and through the draft. That's how good teams are built you don't need to spend in FA to win.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Not being able to keep the guys because of financial reasons is not the point. The point is we lost them, and only replaced 1 spot (Jenkins). That leaves 7 other positions that we need to fill with quality talent, and right now our roster doesn't show that.

Boley and AB have been replaced already as well.

TheBookOfEli
If we can have a great draft by drafting some quality players for the Oline, and keep Cruz and Nicks stays healthy next year, we can make another serious push to the Superbowl. No doubt about it.

The defense is another story but i don't think they'll be worse than last year. For some reason i think Tuck is going to resurrect his career in 2013.

All we gotta do is just make the playoffs cause no team in the universe wants to face us in the playoffs.

Rush4Blitz2
Many of those positions are going to be filled with quality talent on the roster and through the draft. That's how good teams are built you don't need to spend in FA to win.No one said you had to spend. Does your crystal ball tell you the mega-million numbers too?

Drez
You're a glass half full type of guyNo, that's a pretty objective view of things.

DVision
03-14-2013, 09:38 PM
We should have just kept the same roster as last season! We were GREAT!!!! /s

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM

FA is not yet over and the draft is yet to come. We use the draft to develop players for our system. That's why the keep them through their rookie contracts most of the time. We will fill in with short term free agents when necessary. Wait for the process to run its course.

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
You can't keep everyone. Boley was injured last season, Bennett got a far better deal than we would have given him, Canty got far more than we would have given him. Blackburn, while still available is really too slow for the option-read offenses we have to face, Phillips was injured and went through a difficult rehab process. The only one who concerns me is Hixon.Canty got a deal about the same as we gave Jenkins. However, he was due to make more than both what he's making now and Jenkins on his old contract.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Mundy is far different from Bennet. Bennet was a second rounder that had HUGE potential. Mundy is a sixth rounder who was probably drafted for depth.

Stevie Brown was a 7th rounder?

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Canty got a deal about the same as we gave Jenkins. However, he was due to make more than both what he's making now and Jenkins on his old contract.

I liked Boley, but I do think his best days are behind him.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
We should have just kept the same roster as last season! We were GREAT!!!! /s

What would we have to discuss then???

njg85m
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
We lost 8 players that were instrumental for us scoring points, and defending touchdowns. Is that clear enough?

No it's not any clearer or less ridiculous then when you first made the statement.

Again, care to expand on it?

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
I liked Boley, bu I do think his best days are behind him.Yes. Honestly, I think that's the main reason that the coaches started reducing his snaps at the end of the year. He might have another productive season or two, but better to cut him loose and bring the youngins up to speed.

Rivers being signed for one year gives the young LBs a message to get their **** together

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:46 PM
No it's not any clearer or less ridiculous then when you first made the statement.

Again, care to expand on it?Frequent the short bus much?

gabriel_1
Stevie Brown was a 7th rounder?

Yes but how many of those do you see. Brown is good but don't overlook his playmaker ability, he is not good in coverage and allows a lot of big plays. Not a prime tackler too.

ozzie0075

Again, care to expand on it?

Well Said. He clearly doesn't believe that some of the open spots can be filled by guys currently on the roster and still be an upgrade at the same time.

RoanokeFan
Canty got a deal about the same as we gave Jenkins. However, he was due to make more than both what he's making now and Jenkins on his old contract.

That's a lot of burgers and fries

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 09:47 PM
We're not even close to rebuilding mode... we're simply re-tooling.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Yes but how many of those do you see. Brown is good but don't overlook his playmaker ability, he is not good in coverage and allows a lot of big plays. Not a prime tackler too.

They will develop him. You can't just dismiss those interceptions.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Well Said. He clearly doesn't believe that some of the open spots can be filled by guys currently on the roster and still be an upgrade at the same time.You place so much faith in the past... because we've developed certain players in the past, and they have contributed greatly to our success doesn't mean it happens EVERY YEAR. With all the success stories I can give you 2x's more negative stories. Please ask me to name them all, PLEASE!

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
That's a lot of burgers and friesIndeed it is. Indeed it is.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Doesn't mean you can't win with Rosanne Barr. And it doesn't mean Rosanne can't turn into Brooklyn Decker. Stevie Brown, Bennett and Andre Brown are great examples of that.

Have you SEEN Roseanne Barr? :p

gabriel_1
They will develop him. You can't just dismiss those interceptions.

Never said dismissing them.

Drez
You place so much faith in the past... because we've developed certain players in the past, and they have contributed greatly to our success doesn't mean it happens EVERY YEAR. With all the success stories I can give you 2x's more negative stories. Please ask me to name them all, PLEASE!Aren't you the one that's complaining about losing people based on what they've done in the past?

Seems to me he's looking to the future while you're gazing to days gone by.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Indeed it is. Indeed it is.

How do GM's sleep? lol

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Never said dismissing them.

I meant as pretty good upside, not as a slam at you

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM

The Giants had 13 guys on their 53 man roster last season that were either drafted in the 7th round or went undrafted.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
You place so much faith in the past... because we've developed certain players in the past, and they have contributed greatly to our success doesn't mean it happens EVERY YEAR. With all the success stories I can give you 2x's more negative stories. Please ask me to name them all, PLEASE!

That's not "the past", that's the philosophy.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
How do GM's sleep? lol

Probably best question so far in this thread.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Aren't you the one that's complaining about losing people based on what they've done in the past?

Seems to me he's looking to the future while you're gazing to days gone by.Are you serious?... have you kept up with the conversation. wow

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:56 PM
How do GM's sleep? lolNot for the next month or two.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Not for the next month or two.

When you think of how much of a crap shoot all this personnel stuff is.......

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Are you serious?... have you kept up with the conversation. wowI know that you're whining about losing mediocre players.

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
When you think of how much of a crap shoot all this personnel stuff is.......The best gamblers know all the odds.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 09:59 PM
You place so much faith in the past... because we've developed certain players in the past, and they have contributed greatly to our success doesn't mean it happens EVERY YEAR. With all the success stories I can give you 2x's more negative stories. Please ask me to name them all, PLEASE!

Clearly you never get it right all the time. But Reese's track record is better than most and has delivered 2 Superbowl's so to not believe in him is moronic. I also have not seen you once mention the times Reese was right for letting a player walk.

AllHailEli
03-14-2013, 09:59 PM

I'm pretty sure Roseann Barr can't turn into Brooklyn Decker. LOL!

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 10:00 PM
The Giants had 13 guys on their 53 man roster last season that were either drafted in the 7th round or went undrafted.

You didn't even made a point I said how many of those do you see, that have an 8 INT season, and are 7th rounders. Not many. You are gonna count the roster I can give you hundreds that are 7th rounders and are there for depth.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
I apologize, I feel like I'm getting a little too personal with my responses. Just trying to have some good conversation about Giants football. If i offended anyone, my bad. But back to my point.... These moves that are being made have rebuilding written all over it. Because we have Eli many people think a 1 year rebuilding plan can't be put into place.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I apologize, I feel like I'm getting a little too personal with my responses. Just trying to have some good conversation about Giants football. If i offended anyone, my bad. But back to my point.... These moves that are being made have rebuilding written all over it. Because we have Eli many people think a 1 year rebuilding plan can't be put into place.

It's a forum no one takes it personally. Everyone wants the same thing, we just have different opinions of how to get there!! SUPERBOWWWL

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I apologize, I feel like I'm getting a little too personal with my responses. Just trying to have some good conversation about Giants football. If i offended anyone, my bad. But back to my point.... These moves that are being made have rebuilding written all over it. Because we have Eli many people think a 1 year rebuilding plan can't be put into place.We're retooling, not rebuilding. We're letting a ton of older/guys with injury concerns walk in order to get the younger players that we've been grooming over the past season or two on the field.

ozzie0075
03-14-2013, 10:07 PM
You didn't even made a point I said how many of those do you see, that have an 8 INT season, and are 7th rounders. Not many. You are gonna count the roster I can give you hundreds that are 7th rounders and are there for depth.

Brown and Cruz have put up huge numbers. Hynoski and Weatherford are 2 of the best at their positions. Guys like Kuhn, Paysinger, Ojomo, and Hill look to have bright futures. With Pascoe, Cordle, Scott, and Herzlich as solid depth guys.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 10:11 PM
We're retooling, not rebuilding. We're letting a ton of older/guys with injury concerns walk in order to get the younger players that we've been grooming over the past season or two on the field.You just can't make stuff up to validate a point. Re-tooling reminds me more of a team replacing ok talent with better/proven talent at certain positions like what the Seahawks and Broncos are doing. We, my friend, are REBUILDING.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Cruz is a great story, you have to agree with me that it rarely happens. Hynoski is great but FB is not a very valued position and Weatherford is the 18th ranked punter in the league. People seem to have bright futures but it doesn't always happen. And yes those guys are solid depth.

njg85m
03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Frequent the short bus much?

I'm starting to believe that this is your first off-season as a football fan.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
You just can't make stuff up to validate a point. Re-tooling reminds me more of a team replacing ok talent with better/proven talent at certain positions like what the Seahawks and Broncos are doing. We, my friend, are REBUILDING.Whatever, dude. The sky is falling. We're going to go 5-11. I may not even watch football next year we're going to suck so bad.

napier23
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Don't panic, as long as we have Eli, and that pass rush, we got a punchers chance every yr. FA isn't over yet, and the draft isn't even here yet. We have a chance to do what no other team in NFL history has done, win a ring in our house. Last yr would've been nice, but this is the one I've had my eye on for yrs. I don't care if we suffer for it down the road, if there's ever a time to gamble and push all your chips in, this is it. I find it hard to believe ownership is thinking rebuild this yr, save it for next. Our cap has just been hard to manage with all the success we've had the last 5 yrs. look at what happened to the ravens, we are in good shape.

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Considering the Giants only had like 12 guys from Superbowl XLII on the XLVI team, I don't think it's a big deal.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
We lost 8 players that were instrumental for us scoring points, and defending touchdowns. Is that clear enough? Ha! I don't know If you have some bias towards those players but THAT comment right there was stupid. Nearly all of the players you mentioned we're liabilities whose backups were better(which is why they were cut). They didn't defend TDs. We were the 31st in defense and those " instrumental" players were behind it.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Considering the Giants only had like 6 guys from Superbowl XLII on the XLVI team, I don't think it's a big deal.It's funny. People are *****ing about players leaving that they were *****ing about being on the field last year instead of the players they are now concerned about getting expanded roles.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Ha! I don't know If you have some bias towards those players but THAT comment right there was stupid. Nearly all of the players you mentioned we're liabilities whose backups were better(which is why they were cut). They didn't defend TDs. We were the 31st in defense and those " instrumental" players were behind it.We were 12th is scoring, though. But, it seemed that we played poor situationally.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:20 PM
It's funny. People are *****ing about players leaving that they were *****ing about being on the field last year instead of the players they are now concerned about getting expanded roles.This. After the year was over, everyone wanted the team blown up. Boley, and Blackburn get cut and we're 4-12 next year.

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
This. After the year was over, everyone wanted the team blown up. Boley, and Blackburn get cut and we're 4-12 next year.
Teams that win year in and year out are CONSTANTLY rebuilding. Look at the Patriots. Their roster has like 20 new guys on it each season. The only consistency is Brady.

Good teams cut/don't sign older guys to big contracts and build around the draft/Undrafted Free agents, as well as other teams' young 'spare' parts.

tonyt830
03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
We already have Rivers last year and Robinson just moves up the depth chart: they will still need one more TE in the mix. Mundy and KP shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Thankfully though, we still have more FA to go through and a draft next month.agreed. And yes Mundy was signed, but hopefully just for competition for the 4th safety spot with Sash. Even losing KP in FA, I would have been ok with Rolle, Brown, Hill, Sash and a safety in the draft. Heck didnt I read somewhere that the Giants may even try Terrell Thomas at safety? But if Mundy can play ST and/or beat out Sash, then so be it.

Im not surprised in the Giants approach to FA this season especially, considering the cap. And I dont think we are rebuilding, retooling or reloading might be a better term.

I won't say the Giants are rebuilding until Eli retires, and lose key core players to retirement and/or FA.

Rush4Blitz2
We're going to go 5-11. I may not even watch football next year we're going to suck so bad. I'll shave you some of that chill pill from a couple pages back

Drez
This. After the year was over, everyone wanted the team blown up. Boley, and Blackburn get cut and we're 4-12 next year.It was irksome earlier. I'm now starting to find it funny. And no, I have done nothing to alter the state of my consciousness.

I mean the only remotely surprising things that have happened so far is KP going to the Eagles (with the Eagles being the more surprising thing than losing him), and, at least to me, cutting Canty. Everything else is going about how I expected it.

brad
03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
When you win Super Bowls and are a perennial contender, you end up dealing with cap issues and at times losing players you would prefer to keep. But the good teams aren't the ones breaking the bank to get those players. The good teams are the ones that draft well and spend their money wisely on second tier players that can contribute. While there are definitely holes that must be filled on this team they still have a solid core of players that will allow them to be competitive next year. I don't think the Giants situation is anywhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
We were 12th is scoring, though. But, it seemed that we played poor situationally. Majority of them were D players. Only one I miss is Bradshaw and bennett but I understand why they had to go.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:25 PM
agreed. And yes Mundy was signed, but hopefully just for competition for the 4th safety spot with Sash. Even losing KP in FA, I would have been ok with Rolle, Brown, Hill, Sash and a safety in the draft. Heck didnt I read somewhere that the Giants may even try Terrell Thomas at safety? But if Mundy can play ST and/or beat out Sash, then so be it.

Im not surprised in the Giants approach to FA this season especially, considering the cap. And I dont think we are rebuilding, retooling or reloading might be a better term.

I won't say the Giants are rebuilding until Eli retires, and lose key core players to retirement and/or FA.Exactly. We haven't lost a single core player yet this year (I guess you can make a case for KP).

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:26 PM
It was irksome earlier. I'm now starting to find it funny. And no, I have done nothing to alter the state of my consciousness.

I mean the only remotely surprising things that have happened so far is KP going to the Eagles (with the Eagles being the more surprising thing than losing him), and, at least to me, cutting Canty. Everything else is going about how I expected it.Wasn't expecting the Canty cut, especially with how our DTs were looking when we did it.

I understand the financials, but I was anticipating a paycut (or at least a freaking paycut offer!), but not outright release. Oh well.

But yeah, very funny seeing this unfold.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Exactly. We haven't lost a single core player yet this year (I guess you can make a case for KP). Meh.I'm fine with Brown.

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Are situation is not bad, as long as we get a solid LB.

If we have a solid draft we will be just fine, I think we have to go need in the first instead of value. Foe example even though Moore might be siting there at #19 I rather us to take a Ol,LB or CB instead.

Drez
Wasn't expecting the Canty cut, especially with how our DTs were looking when we did it.

I understand the financials, but I was anticipating a paycut (or at least a freaking paycut offer!), but not outright release. Oh well.

But yeah, very funny seeing this unfold.Seeing as we were able to nail Jenkins, I'm not any more or less worried about DT than before Canty was cut, but I was like, "Whoa," when I saw that move come down.

gabriel_1
Ohh and a CB. Our Cb aren't good. :p

gabriel_1
03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Seeing as we were able to nail Jenkins, I'm not any more or less worried about DT than before Canty was cut, but I was like, "Whoa," when I saw that move come down.

Really I was actually expecting it. He was an overvalued player in my opinion, because he wasn't always healthy.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Seeing as we were able to nail Jenkins, I'm not any more or less worried about DT than before Canty was cut, but I was like, "Whoa," when I saw that move come down.Yeah, I'm happy we got Jenkins, but ironically, I'm happy that he was signed for 3 years 8 million, as opposed to, say, 1 year 2 million.

It leads me to believe that the league's consensus on Jenkins is that he still a solid contributor. If it was 1 years 1 million, sure, there'd be excitement, but it tells you that the league isn't too high on him.

experto
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
The Giants know that we have to get to the superbowl this year as it's in our stadium.What logical explanation would be for rebuilding this year? Please people.We still got jpp,eli,cruz,nicks.We need to have a solid draft and I mean solid in every round and we will be right back.But if we don't have a strong draft and we are cap strung,yes it will be harder to make the playoffs this year.But I expect us to compete just like every year under eli.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I'm happy we got Jenkins, but ironically, I'm happy that he was signed for 3 years 8 million, as opposed to, say, 1 year 2 million.

It leads me to believe that the league's consensus on Jenkins is that he still a solid contributor. If it was 1 years 1 million, sure, there'd be excitement, but it tells you that the league isn't too high on him.I've never thought about it in those terms, but yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense.

experto
03-14-2013, 10:46 PM
I know on paper right now we look like a 6 - 10 team....but remember that's without the draft in which we normally excell.We are a draft team,we don't go signing free agents left and right.

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
championship caliber teams are constantly rebuilding.

experto
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Not true...retooling...rebuilding means getting rid of your top players.Colts rebuilt.

jax5338
03-14-2013, 10:48 PM
we suck we didnt sign every free agent out there so we suck

we suck we suck we suck

dolphins already SB champs

experto
Guys our 4 player core is in static...thus how is this a rebuild? We need to surround the core with good players,that i agree.

Giants5699
Not true...retooling...rebuilding means getting rid of your top players.Colts rebuilt.

The Colts didn't really rebuild. They switched out Peyton for Luck... The Colts said they would have kept Peyton if they didn't have that pick. They kind of lucked out that Painter sucked as bad as he did.

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Forget the SB, it's all about being the free agency champs! I don't care about who's playing in the big game in February....this IS the superbowl folks!!!

Eagles and Dolhpins win!!!

AllHailEli
03-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure I agree we are a 6-10 team. We were 9-7 last season with tougher competition. Surely, we are better than a 6-10 team. Unfortunately, this division is so competitive, you can be either in or out of the playoffs at 9-7.

Giants5699
Forget the SB, it's all about being the free agency champs! I don't care about who's playing in the big game in February....this IS the superbowl folks!!!

Eagles and Dolhpins win!!!

Last time I checked, the Eagles have been preseason champs for 5 years running.

ELI_HOF_NYG

Eagles and Dolhpins win!!! don't forget the seahawks.

experto
03-14-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure I agree we are a 6-10 team. We were 9-7 last season with tougher competition. Surely, we are better than a 6-10 team. Unfortunately, this division is so competitive, you can be either in or out of the playoffs at 9-7.
Right now we would be 6 - 10 , 7 - 9.But like i said the draft will totally change that up and you should not worry about our record assuming the roster was this way.We actually know how to draft,something many teams don't. Remember when we got cruz as an udfa? We know how to find talent at any round and or udfa.Quit worrying.

experto
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
See? Eli,tuck,jpp,osi,nicks,cruuz.All were eighter drafted or udfa...no one of those was a free agent.That's how teams that win build.

AllHailEli
03-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Right now we would be 6 - 10 , 7 - 9.But like i said the draft will totally change that up and you should not worry about our record assuming the roster was this way.We actually know how to draft,something many teams don't. Remember when we got cruz as an udfa? We know how to find talent at any round and or udfa.Quit worrying.

Who said I'm worried? I'm not worried at all and we are NOT a 6-10 team. We are usually out the gates at 6-2. I will not expect us to lose the last 8 games even if the worst second half collapse is projected.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I've never thought about it in those terms, but yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense.Akin to an NFL betting line.

I made a ****-load of money on Seattle early on in the year when they had their home games, because betters didn't care for the small points (2-4) that Seattle was getting; at home, nonetheless.

Dallas (-3), and New England (-4) at Seattle were two of my favorite lines. Great public fade, and great payout for me.

FBomb
03-14-2013, 11:00 PM
We're not through FA or the draft yet. What has happened that's been so terrible?

What happened??? Are you blind? Once again Reese failed to put together the a "dream team".......stoopid imgrate.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
What happened??? Are you blind? Once again Reese failed to put together the a "dream team".......stoopid imgrate.I want 11 new starters on defense, because communication last year was pathetic!

egyptian420
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
don't forget the seahawks.true

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
The sarcasm in connection with the point of the original post is stupid.

Scottish Giant
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM

Have to say I agree with this, successful teams always have to rebuild their team because they can't give these guys the money that they are able to demand by winning championships. This ultimately means that lesser teams who can't really be considered contenders will throw money at like one player but still stay mediocre whilst the teams like ourselves keep the main core of our team but add quality be it through the draft or FA, which, as proved by our two rings in the past 5 years, is obviously the way to do things.

FBomb
03-14-2013, 11:17 PM

I disagree......I believe the original post in connection with the point of the sarcasm is stupid.

quan the don
03-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Are you saying you don't expect the Giants to compete for a playoff spot?

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
The sarcasm in connection with the point of the original post is stupid.Oh, put your big boy pants on. I know you're in GA, but how can you be a fan of anything NY and not be a fan of sarcasm as well?

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
sarcasm has no business on these boards /red

LayLow
03-14-2013, 11:24 PM
The Giants know that we have to get to the superbowl this year as it's in our stadium.What logical explanation would be for rebuilding this year? Please people.We still got jpp,eli,cruz,nicks.We need to have a solid draft and I mean solid in every round and we will be right back.But if we don't have a strong draft and we are cap strung,yes it will be harder to make the playoffs this year.But I expect us to compete just like every year under eli. Winning the SB is the goal every year. Nothing is being done different cause its in NJ

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Winning the SB is the goal every year. Nothing is being done different cause its in NJ

No team has ever played the Superbowl at their home stadium. The closest was Super Bowl XIV when the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Los Angeles Rams at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. and Super Bowl XIX when the San Francisco 49ers beat the Miami Dolphins at Stanford Stadium.

teddy2700
03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
I know on paper right now we look like a 6 - 10 team....but remember that's without the draft in which we normally excell.We are a draft team,we don't go signing free agents left and right.

doesn't much considering tom rarely plays first year players

joemorrisforprez
03-14-2013, 11:37 PM

Free agency isn't Reese's strong suit.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Are you saying you don't expect the Giants to compete for a playoff spot?With the roster as it stands, and the limited moves that we can make between now and the start of the season, I don't believe this team will finish top 6 in the NFC.

Rush4Blitz2
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Oh, put your big boy pants on. I know you're in GA, but how can you be a fan of anything NY and not be a fan of sarcasm as well?Only when it makes sense

Giants5699
03-14-2013, 11:41 PM
doesn't much considering tom rarely plays first year players
we won super bowl xlii because of our rookies. That could easily be one of the best draft classes of all time as far as immediate returns is concerned.

Buddy333
03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Everyone they let go was on the down slide. Bennett has played one good season and KP has injury issues.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Everyone they let go was on the down slide. Bennett has played one good season and KP has injury issues.You wont know this so called "fact" until after the season.

ELI_Iz_God
03-15-2013, 12:08 AM

The draft doesn't mean anything for this season as TC does not play rookies

Manning
03-15-2013, 12:10 AM
How many games did those players miss combined last season?

BlueSanta
03-15-2013, 12:11 AM
So people are complaining because we are changing some players after last year...

Did I watch the wrong team? Because from what I saw it appeared to me than we needed to change things up.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
So people are complaining because we are changing some players after last year...

Did I watch the wrong team? Because from what I saw it appeared to me than we needed to change things up.

lot of subtractions, not many additions. Guess people are afraid.

ELI_Iz_God
03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Everyone they let go was on the down slide. Bennett has played one good season and KP has injury issues.

they missed a lot....DD, C.Web, Tuck..to name a few

BlueSanta
03-15-2013, 12:18 AM
lot of subtractions, not many additions. Guess people are afraid.

In football, sometimes a subtraction is an addition.

We had some serious underperformers last year.

People are whining because we havent signed any "big names." But we rarely do, It isnt the Giants way.

ELI_Iz_God
03-15-2013, 12:18 AM

People keep on bringing up the draft like it's our salvation....how easily they forget TC is not big on rookies. when you talk the draft your talking a season or two before they see the light of day

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
People keep on bringing up the draft like it's our salvation....how easily they forget TC is not big on rookies. when you talk the draft your talking a season or two before they see the light of day

most of our first picks in the coughlin years have made immediate impacts on the team. kiwanuka, webster, ross, phillips, nicks, jpp, amukamara, and wilson.

bearbryant
03-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Whats the hub bub, bub!!! No one we lost so far puts us on life support. The RB's will be OK if Wilson packs on 10-15 lbs and learns how to attack a blitzer. After all, AB was put out on the field with chewing gum and paper clips, time to go. Robinson will grow up and maybe if the right rookie TE or FA is around we fill that spot. Cruz, Nicks, Randle will be in blue and if not, we'll be compensated accordingly which will really help the team in other areas. I want to see Hixon stay but if not... oh well, hit the FA sheet. My prayer DD goes home and we can pick up a brute of a OT in the early draft; not a fifth rounder JR! If Boothe doesn't come back, so be it, he's depth and versatile not a starter. JR will find a RT somewhere in the mix or the draft. I like Jenkins for Canty, I don't like Ross back for another bite on the apple, but the Prince is all BLUE, maybe he'll get Webby to pick up his game! TT, hope you can get a spot on the team. It was time for KP and his weak legs to move to Philthy. We'll be fine with Brown, Hill, Mundy and guess we'll be keeping AR( what a waste of money). So, overall we trimmed the $$$ and are getting ready for the draft. Go Giants!

ElIteManning10
03-15-2013, 12:27 AM
We lost a safety who is good albeit can never stay on the field, and a tight end.. Who exactly did the Giants win the Super Bowl with at TE? Kevin Boss and Jake Ballard.. What does that tell you about tight ends? Eli makes them look all better than they actually are.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:29 AM
I didn't think we were in rebuilding mode...

But then Blackburn wasn't re-signed, which instantly launched us into rebuilding mode.

EliIsTheBaas
03-15-2013, 12:48 AM
There's nothing we've lost that we can't fix before the regular season. JR will get a tight end. JR will put something together on o line. Remember how he got locklear without much fan fare? Well he turned out to be pretty good before he got injured. The g men will be fine. Trust the man that has built two super bowls. Trust.

gmen46
03-15-2013, 01:42 AM
There's nothing we've lost that we can't fix before the regular season. JR will get a tight end. JR will put something together on o line. Remember how he got locklear without much fan fare? Well he turned out to be pretty good before he got injured. The g men will be fine. Trust the man that has built two super bowls. Trust.

You're right.

And speaking of tight ends, there appears to be a few throughout this thread regarding our prospects this year. Very tight.

Drez
03-15-2013, 08:28 AM
The Colts didn't really rebuild. They switched out Peyton for Luck... The Colts said they would have kept Peyton if they didn't have that pick. They kind of lucked out that Painter sucked as bad as he did.They dumped a ton of players.

Drez
03-15-2013, 08:30 AM
doesn't much considering tom rarely plays first year playersPatently false. Disproven so many times I've lost count.

Drez
03-15-2013, 08:30 AM
People keep on bringing up the draft like it's our salvation....how easily they forget TC is not big on rookies. when you talk the draft your talking a season or two before they see the light of dayPatently false.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
What happened??? Are you blind? Once again Reese failed to put together the a "dream team".......stoopid imgrate.

:p

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Patently false. Disproven so many times I've lost count.

Yet here we are again lol

tonyt830
03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Patently false.I know our rookies under Coughlin have gotten some playing time in their 1st year, but I cannot recall any of our 1st rd picks starting day 1. Eli did not start game 1 of his rookie season. I think Coughlin is just loyal to his veterans and may be a little old school compared to some coaches.

I guess that is not a bad thing, but you hate to see your 1st rd pick sit at the beginning of the season. Injuries are a different story of course ie: Prince 2 years ago.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 11:39 AM
We lost 8 players that were instrumental for us scoring points, and defending touchdowns. Is that clear enough? When is our first regular season game?

njg85m
03-15-2013, 11:40 AM
I know our rookies under Coughlin have gotten some playing time in their 1st year, but I cannot recall any of our 1st rd picks starting day 1. Eli did not start game 1 of his rookie season. I think Coughlin is just loyal to his veterans and may be a little old school compared to some coaches.

I guess that is not a bad thing, but you hate to see your 1st rd pick sit at the beginning of the season. Injuries are a different story of course ie: Prince 2 years ago.

Most well run and successful NFL franchises rarely start their rookies from day 1. There is a reason that successful teams don't just throw players out there. There are few exceptions, and usually this only happens when you lock up a once in a decade talent.

Teams like the Raiders, The Jests, the Bucs -- these are teams that start there rookies on day 1 more times than not. Whereas teams like the Giants, Packers, Patriots are likely to take a more conservative approach to pushing rookies out on the field.

CowboysSuck
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
The Giants dont win in March.

For you new fans out there, this is how the Giants always play out the offseason; quiet, humble, and ferocious.

Who did we lose that is THAT good? KP, Bradshaw, Canty, Bennett, etc. All older(ish) players who likely wont improve much if it all.

Just wait until September.... we will all be gladly surprised by the young guys. trust

BlueJayC
03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Rebuilding?!?!?!?!? Not even close.......you want to see rebuilding refer to the state of the two teams I disdain the most.....THE EAGLES and THE JETS.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
When is our first regular season game?Speculation seems to be everyone's best friend around here.

MattMeyerBud
03-15-2013, 01:17 PM

what defines rebuilding mode?

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Speculation seems to be everyone's best friend around here.

Speculation is what it's all about. Everyone does it. But some take it to extremes, as in life.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 01:21 PM
what defines rebuilding mode?Releasing 8 Starters in 1 off-season.The level of talent or age doesn't matter, they started for us so we lose starters. Placing faith in unproven players, players with limited experience, and a draft class that doesn't exist yet will not make things ok or paint a bright side story to the moves being made right now.

MattMeyerBud
03-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Releasing 8 Starters in 1 off-season.The level of talent or age doesn't matter, they started for us so we lose starters. Placing faith in unproven players, players with limited experience, and a draft class that doesn't exist yet will not make things ok or paint a bright side story to the moves being made right now.

I 8 starters? Who am i missing?

Canty, Phillips, Bradshaw, BennetT?

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Speculation is what it's all about. Everyone does it. But some take it to extremes, as in life.It's ok to speculate on how good/bad a movie will be, how good food at a certain restaurant might taste, or even which car is faster than the other.... but to speculate on something as grand scale as the direction of the franchise which includes multiple players, management, coaches, a draft class (which doesn't exist yet),and many numerous other things and say, "We will be ok", is ridiculous. My opinion is based on the moves of Right Now, if you can't admit to yourself what these moves clearly spell out then i don't know what to tell you.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I didn't think we were in rebuilding mode...

But then Blackburn wasn't re-signed, which instantly launched us into rebuilding mode.

Nor has anyone else signed him.....As is our habit, we are letting marginal players test the waters so if we need them down the road, we get them as cap friendly as is possible.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
I 8 starters? Who am i missing?

Canty, Phillips, Bradshaw, BennetT?
Canty, Phillips, Bradshaw, Bennett, Hixon, Osi, Blackburn, Boley.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
It's ok to speculate on how good/bad a movie will be, how good food at a certain restaurant might taste, or even which car is faster than the other.... but to speculate on something as grand scale as the direction of the franchise which includes multiple players, management, coaches, a draft class (which doesn't exist yet),and many numerous other things and say, "We will be ok", is ridiculous. My opinion is based on the moves of Right Now, if you can't admit to yourself what these moves clearly spell out then i don't know what to tell you.

And you are entitled to your opinion. We don't get points for right and wrong.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Canty, Phillips, Bradshaw, Bennett, Hixon, Osi, Blackburn, Boley.

Hixon, Osi, and Blackburn have not left yet.

GameTime
03-15-2013, 01:37 PM
retooling....not rebuilding...

bigblue58
03-15-2013, 01:43 PM

Blackburn is the only one on this list that got me mad because he led the team in tackles last year and he's a solid guy.
Not on the list is Bennett who I was pissed to lose because he was the whole package and the best TE we'd had since Bavaro and Howard Cross.
The others on the list are no loss to me.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Releasing 8 Starters in 1 off-season.The level of talent or age doesn't matter, they started for us so we lose starters. Placing faith in unproven players, players with limited experience, and a draft class that doesn't exist yet will not make things ok or paint a bright side story to the moves being made right now.

Admit it......this is your first REAL off season as a Giants fan, isn't it? You became a fan during the SB win and pretty much didn't pay attention in the offseason as to how Reese does things. Now, with no SB to bask in the glory of, you see that Reese doesn't sign high priced FA and relies on VALUE for his picks.... no hype players. Every starter we've lost can be replaced because we have one of the best teaching coaching staffs in the league. NEXT MAN UP!!

This has been his formula since he's been here and he's won 2 Suberbowls doing it...and every year we get fans like you that flood this board with these worthless and whiney "Chicken Little" threads, while those of us that have been through it pointlessly argue with you. You're not going to get it anyway.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Admit it......this is your first REAL off season as a Giants fan, isn't it? You became a fan during the SB win and pretty much didn't pay attention in the offseason as to how Reese does things. Now, with no SB to bask in the glory of you see that Reese doesn't sign high priced FA..and he relies on VALUE for his picks.... no hype players. Every starter we've lost can be replaced because we have one of the best teaching coaching staffs in the league. NEXT MAN UP!!

This has been his formula since he's been here and he's won 2 Suberbowls doing it...and every year we get fans like you that flood this board with these worthless and whiney "Chicken Little" threads, while those of us that have been through it pointlessly argue with you. You're not going to get it anyway.

And there you have it, the Giants' successful philosophy in less than 500 words.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Blackburn is the only one on this list that got me mad because he led the team in tackles last year and he's a solid guy.
Not on the list is Bennett who I was pissed to lose because he was the whole package and the best TE we'd had since Bavaro and Howard Cross.
The others on the list are no loss to me.

I liked both players,,,I truely did....but lets be realistic..

Chase leading in tackles is does NOT mean he's a great LB.....it just means he was surrounded by mediocrity. Our run defense was atrocious last season and beyond. Overpaying for Chase is not a move forward.

Bennett was good and all.....but best since Bavaro and Cross? Praise is a little high.....and he can and will be easily replaced.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 01:54 PM
And there you have it, the Giants' successful philosophy in less than 500 words.

I have to have at least ONE post like this every year. I attribute it to the same philosophy I have about people who have no clue how to drive in the snow here in Syracuse. It's like they have never been through it before.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Admit it......this is your first REAL off season as a Giants fan, isn't it? You became a fan during the SB win and pretty much didn't pay attention in the offseason as to how Reese does things. Now, with no SB to bask in the glory of, you see that Reese doesn't sign high priced FA and relies on VALUE for his picks.... no hype players. Every starter we've lost can be replaced because we have one of the best teaching coaching staffs in the league. NEXT MAN UP!!

This has been his formula since he's been here and he's won 2 Suberbowls doing it...and every year we get fans like you that flood this board with these worthless and whiney "Chicken Little" threads, while those of us that have been through it pointlessly argue with you. You're not going to get it anyway. You speculate this because of my post count? I don't need to explain to you when or how I became a fan, all you need to know is that I know football, from a player and management standpoint. I haven't mentioned the lack of big names, I haven't mentioned the lack of winning the big game every year, I haven't mentioned the lack of trust I have with Reese. Whats your reason for reaching so badly? I do believe in the next man up theory, I do trust Reese and his decisions, I do trust the Giants organization has a whole. Being realistic is something I think you need help with. Basking, as you would say, in the past and how we've gotten players to step up doesn't always guarantee it will happen year after year, as you mentioned with our SB titles. It seems like your describing yourself along with the majority who think our invisible draft class and unproven talent will save us once again. Being a realist is not always the most popular move, and might be hard for some, but that's where I stand.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I have to have at least ONE post like this every year. I attribute it to the same philosophy I have about people who have no clue how to drive in the snow here in Syracuse. It's like they have never been through it before.

I miss driving the Southern Tier in those horizontal blizzards lol

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:09 PM
You speculate this because of my post count? I don't need to explain to you when or how I became a fan, all you need to know is that I know football, from a player and management standpoint. I haven't mentioned the lack of big names, I haven't mentioned the lack of winning the big game every year, I haven't mentioned the lack of trust I have with Reese. Whats your reason for reaching so badly? I do believe in the next man up theory, I do trust Reese and his decisions, I do trust the Giants organization has a whole. Being realistic is something I think you need help with. Basking, as you would say, in the past and how we've gotten players to step up doesn't always guaranteeing it will happen year after year, as you mentioned with our SB titles. It seems like your describing yourself along with the majority who think our invisible draft class and unproven talent will save us once again. Being a realist is not always the most popular move, and might be hard for some, but that's where I stand.

No...I came to that conclusion because of your obvious lack knowledge on how Reese does things. I'm pretty sure I was clear about that since that is exactly what I said and made no mention of your post count.

As for the rest of your post...it's nothing but a total contradiction of your own opinions. You can't say you believe in Reese's theory and then say you don't believe in his theory. You either do....or you don't. Simple as that. Let me know when you've made up your mind on that...then we can move along.

I do believe in Reese, so therefore I believe that Reese will draft well and unproven talent will step up......and I have history on my side to back it up.

A true "realist" would look at history and say.... "Reese has done it before, I believe he can do it again" Not write off the year as 'rebuilding"

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 02:17 PM
No...I came to that conclusion because of your obvious lack knowledge on how Reese does things. I'm pretty sure I was clear about that since that is exactly what I said and made no mention of your post count.

As for the rest of your post...it's nothing but a total contradiction of your own opinions. You can't say you believe in Reese theory and then say you don't believe in his theory. You either do....or you don't. Simple as that. Let me know when you've made up your mind on that...then we can move along.

I do beleieve in Reese, so therefore I believe that Reese will draft well and unproven talent will step up......and I have history on my side to back it up.

A true "realist" would look at history and say.... "Reese has done it before, I believe he can do it again" Not wrie off the year as 'rebuilding"Im laughing over here, yet another reach. Ok, plain and simple, here's my point..... From the moves being made, it seems as if we are in a 1 year rebuilding mode to clear high cap hits, over-the-mill players and free up cap room for our crop of 2014 Free Agents. From there we move into a new era of Giants football which represents faster, stronger, more athletic players at every position.

njg85m
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM

This is exactly what I asked him a few pages ago after he accused me of "riding the short bus" because I asked him to please expand on his ridiculous statements.

Glad other people are seeing it too.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:26 PM

As for the rest of your post...it's nothing but a total contradiction of your own opinions. You can't say you believe in Reese's theory and then say you don't believe in his theory. You either do....or you don't. Simple as that. Let me know when you've made up your mind on that...then we can move along.

I do believe in Reese, so therefore I believe that Reese will draft well and unproven talent will step up......and I have history on my side to back it up.

A true "realist" would look at history and say.... "Reese has done it before, I believe he can do it again" Not write off the year as 'rebuilding"

No offense, but you have no idea what Reese is doing either. History repeats itself, but sometimes not for the good.

A true realist doesn't look at history and say "Reese has done it before, and believe he can do it again". No one does that. Past experiences are great indicators, but they aren't always set in stone. A true realist hopes that history will repeat itself, but also looks at the negatives and solutions for problems.

I really don't think it's right for the mob mentality to happen in this message board. Everyone bashes someone for going against the grain and giving their opinion on sports... out of all matters, SPORTS?

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Funny thing is, I've been through the **** seasons with Palmer and Garrett trying to win games as well. The 4-12, 6-10 seasons too, so please just stop it Fbomb.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Im laughing over here, yet another reach. Ok, plain and simple, here's my point..... From the moves being made, it seems as if we are in a 1 year rebuilding mode to clear high cap hits, over-the-mill players and free up cap room for our crop of 2014 Free Agents. From there we move into a new era of Giants football which represents faster, stronger, more athletic players at every position.

Well, at least you can laugh at your shortcomings.

It's hardly a reach when that is exactly what happened in your posts. Do you need me to dumb down your own posts for you?

Let's try your very latest. It is your opinion that this is a rebuilding year because we are letting players, who started for a 9-7 team that missed the playoffs, go and replacing them with unproven (is that "over the hill" or "run of the mill"...or both?) players. Correct? That doesn't sound to me like you DO believe in Reese's theory......especially since we haven't DRAFTED anyone yet!!!

FBomb
Funny thing is, I've been through the **** seasons with Palmer and Garrett trying to win games as well. The 4-12, 6-10 seasons too, so please just stop it Fbomb.

hmm...you'd think you'd know better then.

njg85m
No offense, but you have no idea what Reese is doing either. History repeats itself, but sometimes not for the good.

A true realist doesn't look at history and say "Reese has done it before, and believe he can do it again". No one does that. Past experiences are great indicators, but they aren't always set in stone.

I really don't think it's right for the mob mentality to happen in this message board. Everyone bashes someone for going against the grain and giving their opinion on sports... out of all matters, SPORTS?

OP is acting as if we just parted ways with Eli, Nicks, Cruz, JPP, and Coughlin with no real plan for the future. Im sorry but it works both ways.

He can't come onto the board and claim we are "clearly in rebuilding mode" because we "lost 8 proven starters who scored points for us" and expect to get taken seriously based on actual moves that were made.

It's not a mob mentality, it's numerous people realizing how ridiculous his statements have been.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM

It's hardly a reach when that is exactly what happened in your posts. Do you need me to dumb down your own posts for you?

Let's try your very latest. It is your opinion that this is a rebuilding year because we are letting players, who started for a 9-7 team that missed the playoffs, go and replacing them with unproven (is that "over the hill" or "run of the mill"...or both?) players. Correct? That doesn't sound to me like you DO believe in Reese's theory......especially since we haven't DRAFTED anyone yet!!!

You act like many of our draft picks make immediate impacts.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM

A true realist doesn't look at history and say "Reese has done it before, and believe he can do it again". No one does that. Past experiences are great indicators, but they aren't always set in stone. A true realist hopes that history will repeat itself, but also looks at the negatives and solutions for problems.

That's rediculous!! Believing in something based on REALITY...is being a realist. He has a track record that proves it can be done. saying the seaosn is a rebuilding one is being a pessimist.

btw,,,,it's a SPORTS message board.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Let's try your very latest. It is your opinion that this is a rebuilding year because we are letting players, who started for a 9-7 team that missed the playoffs, go and replacing them with unproven (is that "over the hill" or "run of the mill"...or both?) players. Correct? That doesn't sound to me like you DO believe in Reese's theory......especially since we haven't DRAFTED anyone yet!!!The first and second time was ok but come on man, please read my post before offering up your handicapped sparknotes version of my original statements.

gmenfan0488
03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
the only losses that bug me is Bennett and Bradshaw, the others were just average to mediocre players, and KP gets so dinged up he's hardly reliable

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
You act like many of our draft picks make immediate impacts.

I do? Gosh, I don't remember saying that...but I apologize if I did, Anyway....Reese's history as GM of the Giants is good enough for me to look forward to the season rather than write it off.....and it's my opinion that anyone who DOES write it off is not very bright and will continue pointng that out despite your protests.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
That's rediculous!! Believing in something based on REALITY...is being a realist. He has a track record that proves it can be done. saying the seaosn is a rebuilding one is being a pessimist.

btw,,,,it's a SPORTS message board.

1) Yes, but you don't go by past history ALL THE TIME. Otherwise, we'd be living in a Tayloristic world still.

2)You obviously didn't get my point about SPORTS. I'm claiming that you guys are arguing over sports like mad men, which is utterly ridiculous.

Do you ever go into the NFL forums and see the posts there by some of those animals? Ridiculously funny. It's like cursing someone out for disagreeing with them will have an effect on their narcissistic self.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
OP is acting as if we just parted ways with Eli, Nicks, Cruz, JPP, and Coughlin with no real plan for the future. Im sorry but it works both ways.

He can't come onto the board and claim we are "clearly in rebuilding mode" because we "lost 8 proven starters who scored points for us" and expect to get taken seriously based on actual moves that were made.

It's not a mob mentality, it's numerous people realizing how ridiculous his statements have been.

Careful..logic is apparently frowned upon.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
I do? Gosh, I don't remember saying that...but I apologize if I did, Anyway....Reese's history as GM of the Giants is good enough for me to look forward to the season rather than write it off.....and it's my opinion that anyone who DOES write it off is not very bright and will continue pointng that out despite your protests.

We are all fans here. We all look forward to watching the seasons. We just come here to vent our frustrations OR praise the team. Last time I checked, rebuilding isn't "writing off".

Rebuilding is so widely over-used and misunderstood around the sports world. Rebuilding isn't a bad word my friend. Get over it.

WR4Life
The sky is falling! The Giants didn't sign any big name players! It's unreal how its the same story every year. Are there some holes? Yes. But that's what the rest of free agency and the draft are for. Name a team other than Seattle that doesn't have any holes right now. Seattle is the only team that doesn't have any apparent holes at this moment.

Redeyejedi
The only guy on that list I think they'll miss is Bennett. I think Hill and Brown have shown enough where we won't miss KP.missed him last year when he didnt play. 7 point difference per game

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
The sky is falling! The Giants didn't sign any big name players! It's unreal how its the same story every year. Are there some holes? Yes. But that's what the rest of free agency and the draft are for. Name a team other than Seattle that doesn't have any holes right now. Seattle is the only team that doesn't have any apparent holes at this moment.

Who said the sky was falling? I don't get what makes rebuilding a bad thing at all.

Mod_C
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Let's try staying on point and ease up on the sniping.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
1) Yes, but you don't go by past history ALL THE TIME. Otherwise, we'd be living in a Tayloristic world still.

2)You obviously didn't get my point about SPORTS. I'm claiming that you guys are arguing over sports like mad men, which is utterly ridiculous.

Do you ever go into the NFL forums and see the posts there by some of those animals? Ridiculously funny. It's like cursing someone out for disagreeing with them will have an effect on their narcissistic self.

1)...You are forming an opinion of FUTURE events based on previous examples. When does that NOT apply logically?

2)...Again...it's a sports MB...what should we argue about...politics?

Arguing is entertainment to most.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
1)...You are forming an opinion of FUTURE events based on previous examples. When does that NOT apply logically?

2)...Again...it's a sports MB...what should we argue about...politics?

Arguing is entertainment to most.

You can base them, but you can't be totally 100% optimistic the future events will follow the past.

No one said you can't argue about sports. But when you (rhetorical) take it to extremes, it's funny and embarrassing.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:45 PM
We are all fans here. We all look forward to watching the seasons. We just come here to vent our frustrations OR praise the team. Last time I checked, rebuilding isn't "writing off".

Rebuilding is so widely over-used and misunderstood around the sports world. Rebuilding isn't a bad word my friend. Get over it.

lol....Rebuilding means exactly what it says.

TheEnigma
03-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Seems that there is miscommunication here because some people see the term 'rebuilding' in different lights. In my book, your team has to potentially be in line for at least 2 of the following:

1) A new QB is starting and/or there is a QB controversy heading into the new season

2) A new head coach enters with a completely different system and as a result, new players are needed to fit this scheme. The same could be said for an OC and a DC as well.

3) Majority of the Front Office is removed and a new regime enters. New philosophies in drafting and/or FA acquisitions are installed. The Eagles under Chip Kelly right now are a great example.

As long as the foundation is in place, it's more of a renovation or retooling the current structure. When Eli leaves/declines in performance and Coughlin decides to hang them up, then you could say we are rebuilding.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:46 PM
You can base them, but you can't be totally 100% optimistic the future events will follow the past.

lol.....sure you can!! If you base your opinions on the future by ignoring the past....that's insanity.

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 02:47 PM

Rebuilding is so widely over-used and misunderstood around the sports world. Rebuilding isn't a bad word my friend. Get over it.I didn't think i would have to explain that rebuilding isn't always bad. But yes, my point exactly.

WR4Life
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Rebuilding isn't a bad thing. Teams have to do this sometimes. The Giants are not in rebuilding mode. Big difference between trimming the fat and rebuilding. The two reasons I believe this are as follows: 1. If the team was in rebuilding mode, you would probably see a couple of high profile players on the trading block. 2. Would it really be the smart thing to do to rebuild in Eli's prime? Probably not. Give Reese a little credit and have a little faith. At the least he deserves it. If the Giants started 0-3, 0-4, then I'd be concerned.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
The first and second time was ok but come on man, please read my post before offering up your handicapped sparknotes version of my original statements.

So how am I wrong about what your opinion is? Other than the fact that you've contradicted yourself a few times?

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
lol....Rebuilding means exactly what it says.

So call it rebranding.

Joe Morrison
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Teams that are constantly in the playoff hunt, get in the playoffs, win division titles and 2 super bowls in 4 years don't rebuild, they re-tool!

Moke
lol.....sure you can!! If you base your opinions on the future by ignoring the past....that's insanity.

You don't ignore it, SMH.

You're clearly not "reading" what I'm saying.

FBomb
I didn't think i would have to explain that rebuilding isn't always bad. But yes, my point exactly.

No....we know what rebuilding is and sometines it has to happen.....WE are saying that this isn't a rebuilding year.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I didn't think i would have to explain that rebuilding isn't always bad. But yes, my point exactly.

No worries man. I think you mean re-tooling and it seems like people need to get on their high horses to feel better about themselves.

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:53 PM
You don't ignore it, SMH.

You're clearly not "reading" what I'm saying.

So...you only ignore it when it helps your argument?

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:54 PM
No worries man. I think you mean re-tooling and it seems like people need to get on their high horses to feel better about themselves.

If had said "retooling" this thread would have been limited to one page. Where's the fun in THAT?

Rush4Blitz2
03-15-2013, 02:56 PM
So...you only ignore it when it helps your argument?Since the old message boards I've had respect for FBomb, but all of it has been wiped away with 7 or so pages. Really didn't think someone would try so hard to be ignorant at times. No offense.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:56 PM
So...you only ignore it when it helps your argument?

Forget it.

If had said "retooling" this thread would have been limited to one page. Where's the fun in THAT?

I'd be convinced if the thread said "retooling", people would still get on his case.

TheEnigma
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM

It's pretty much the title and he has the unfortunate burden of having a similar username to NascarBlitz (an "interesting" personality). This is the sort of thread you would expect Hooligans to make so it has people on high alert.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
It's pretty much the title and he has the unfortunate burden of having a similar username to NascarBlitz (an "interesting" personality). This is the sort of thread you would expect Hooligans to make so it has people on high alert.

I have a huge problem with that.

BigBlue1971
03-15-2013, 02:58 PM

this is a "win now" league! everyone is going for the championship!

we are looking to the future but we are also a strong favorite to win it all!

im sure Nicks and JPP wont hit the street but im not so confident about Cruz! i hope we keep him!

FBomb
03-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Since the old message boards I've had respect for FBomb, but all of it has been wiped away with 7 or so pages. Really didn't think someone would try so hard to be ignorant at times. No offense.

None taken.....your entitled to believe that about me.....no matter how wrong you are. It's been part of your charm thus far.