PDA

View Full Version : What's up with all the short-term contracts going around?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Why and how in the world did Michael Bennet agree to a one year $5m deal and how did Seattle weasle that deal?

KP signing 1 year with Philly makes sense for him to re-establish his value if he can stay healthy.

Couple others if I'm not mistaken but really surprised Bennett only signed a one year contract for only 5 million.

Redeyejedi
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Defense is no longer important my friend teams just pay WR's and QB's

tonyt830
03-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Why and how in the world did Michael Bennet agree to a one year $5m deal and how did Seattle weasle that deal?

KP signing 1 year with Philly makes sense for him to re-establish his value if he can stay healthy.

Couple others if I'm not mistaken but really surprised Bennett only signed a one year contract for only 5 million.Yeah I heard that Bennett is going to Seattle, but I did not hear, until now, that it was only for 1 year. But heck the Hawks have 2 very good DEs to add to their D. They lost Jason Jones to FA to the Lions. But you add to them to Clemons, Bryant, Irvin, Mebane--and you got a nice rotation in the front 4.

Broadway Blue
03-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Defense is no longer important my friend teams just pay WR's and QB's

Defense wins championships!

Drez
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Cap is tight all around.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Defense is no longer important my friend teams just pay WR's and QB'sFinally, a voice of reason. I've been harping on this all offseason with the OL-eschatologists!

With that said, pass rushers are still at a premium, so the Avril/Bennett deals are still somewhat surprising.

Redeyejedi
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Defense wins championships! They arent getting contracts