PDA

View Full Version : Bennett

Pages : [1] 2

I Bleed Blue 56
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Wow Seattle is making moves for cheap. Come on NY lets sign someone who can make.a difference.

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Care to somehow magically increase our cap space?

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow Seattle is making moves for cheap. Come on NY lets sign someone who can make.a difference.Or, keep our core players intact, have a balling draft class and..... gasp!

Win more SBs!

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Or, keep our core players intact, have a balling draft class and..... gasp!

Win more SBs!

I love when people think in the past!! We have to get over those SBs. Having a "balling draft class" is a huge "IF".

I Bleed Blue 56
03-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Care to somehow magically increase our cap space? If NY got money saved for Boothe than they can upgrade and get a better OG for the same price they want to pay Boothe. Please dont give me crap about the cap if they are signing these garbage players than they can pay for a Jake Scott who nobody seems to talk about. We have no starting OG right now. Boothe can easily be replaced with an upgrade. If Philly paid for Kenny Philips one year and Seattle got Bennet for a year than you cant tell me we cant afford anyone for the same price these players are getting contracts for.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:18 PM
I love when people think in the past!! We have to get over those SBs. Having a "balling draft class" is a huge "IF".Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Ask yourself Moke, do you want to be in the Buddy33 class?

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Ask yourself Moke, do you want to be in the Buddy33 class?

I would never be in Buddy's class. But the fact is, I'm too worried. I know about the SBs, but this team seems to be going on a different tangent. Too many differences to start thinking about how far in the playoffs this team can make it.

To be honest, I'm worried aobut many teams in the NFC.

Are we looking that much scarier than any otherteam?

Drez
03-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Ask yourself Moke, do you want to be in the Buddy33 class?I wonder if he dropped the McLovin avi because he was tired of being called McLovin more than Buddy?

I Bleed Blue 56
03-14-2013, 10:21 PM
I love when people think in the past!! We have to get over those SBs. Having a "balling draft class" is a huge "IF". I'm right there with you teams are getting better at bargain prices this off season has been crazy. I mean Cliff Avrill number one DE got paid like a back up. Im jusy saying brining in players like Mundy and washed up Ross is not going to male this team any better.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Are we looking that much scarier than any otherteam?We have a franchise QB, which separates us from about 20-25 other teams.

So yes.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
I wonder if he dropped the McLovin avi because he was tired of being called McLovin more than Buddy?I think it was to symbolic of B.S posts.

Either that, or he hoped to blend in with the likes of "Burier."

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
We have a franchise QB, which separates us from about 20-25 other teams.

So yes.

Oh come on guy, seriously? You know better than this LOL. This is a team sport. I'm not convinced.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Oh come on guy, seriously? You know better than this LOL. This is a team sport. I'm not convinced. Tell that to the packers and saints.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Tell that to the packers and saints.

Still a team sport, what the heck are you even saying right now?

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Oh come on guy, seriously? You know better than this LOL. This is a team sport. I'm not convinced.Easy there Lenin.

jomo
03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Wow Seattle is making moves for cheap. Come on NY lets sign someone who can make.a difference.I'll bet you reacted the same way when the Eagles signed Nnamdi. Dream team baby! lol

ELI_HOF_NYG
I love when people think in the past!! We have to get over those SBs. Having a "balling draft class" is a huge "IF".

thinking of the past is the correct thing to do because they won their last 2 super bowls with out big FA acquisitions, but by mixing our own talent with team friendly FA's and draft picks.

GentleGiant
Still a team sport, what the heck are you even saying right now? When you have a franchise QB you don't need a 49ers D. Also the more morons who say we should get more big "FAs", then that's just more morons who forget about the eagles dream team.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
thinking of the past is the correct thing to do because they won their last 2 super bowls with out big FA acquisitions, but by mixing our own talent with team friendly FA's and draft picks.

Compare this team we will have to the SBs we won. We're losing players, regardless.

I wouldn't be afraid of the RB crew we have going on, that is all.

And our defense? Better show up better than they have last year.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
When you have a franchise QB you don't need a 49ers D.

Is that why the 49ers went to the SB and we didn't?

Next question.

Ravens were the same team. Joe Flacco isn't that good. Their D was pretty awesome.

B&RWarrior
03-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Seahawks' Harvin trade wasn't cheap at all- 3 draft picks.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Is that why the 49ers went to the SB and we didn't?Next question.Ravens were the same team. Joe Flacco isn't that good. Their D was pretty awesome. Obviously you didn't watch the SB so I'm not even gonna take that comment seriously. Also last time I checked harbaugh niners have 0 rings. TCs do. Because they have a franchise QB. Their amazing defenses allowed almost 60 points in the SB. Also that "awesome" ravens d was very bad during the season. If you want us to "buy" teams then go ahead. You'll just end up like the eagles.

Cloud57
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
We have a franchise QB, which separates us from about 20-25 other teams.

So yes.an inconsistent one too.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Obviously you didn't watch the SB so I'm not even gonna take that comment seriously. Also last time I checked harbaugh niners have 0 rings. TCs do. Because they have a franchise QB. Their amazing defenses allowed almost 60 points. Also that "awesome" ravens d was very bad during the season.

I love the "you didn't watch ____" argument. I'm done commenting to you after that one. Don't waste my time. Because the giants defense was like dead ****ing last.

Next.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM
When you have a franchise QB you don't need a 49ers D. Also the more morons who say we should get more big "FAs", then that's just more morons who forget about the eagles dream team.

You go and get smart FA signings. The eagles are just incompetent at doing so.

Cloud57
03-14-2013, 10:42 PM
I love the "you didn't watch ____" argument. I'm done commenting to you after that one. Don't waste my time. Because the giants defense was like dead ****ing last.

Next.no it wasn't, it was ranked 31st lol

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
an inconsistent one too.As far as franchise QBs go, maybe.

Held to a league standard though, all things considered, he's still top 5-7.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:46 PM
no it wasn't, it was ranked 31st lol

Thanks for proving my point

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:46 PM
You go and get smart FA signings. Lmao! What's your advice to Eli Manning? "Throw to the open receiver."

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM

Next.Ravens D was middle of the pack in the regular season, and a bottom-5 post-season defense. You really don't think Flacco was the major player in the Ravens success?

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Ravens D was middle of the pack in the regular season, and a bottom-5 post-season defense. You really don't think Flacco was the major player in the Ravens success?

He's very inconsistent. That doesn't make you an overall dynamic player, no.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:51 PM

Next. Is that why the patriots went to the SB last year with the 31st D? HELLO ANYBODY IN THERE! Let me spell it out for you 60 P-O-I-N-T-S I-S A-L-O-T. Obviously you didn't watch the SB since you seem to think two teams who each allowed around 30 points are considered "awesome defenses". It's so cute how some dummies can't come up with an argument so they resort to personal attacks. Clearly by the way your talking I'm sure you thought the eagles were geniuses when they got those "FA".

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Is that why the patriots went to the SB last year with the 31st D? HELLO ANYBODY IN THERE! Let me spell it out for you 60 P-O-I-N-T-S I-S A-L-O-T. Obviously you didn't watch the SB since you seem to think two teams who each allowed around 30 points are considered "awesome defenses". It's so cute how some dummies can't come up with an argument so they resort to personal attacks. Clearly by the way your talking I'm sure you thought the eagles were geniuses when they got those "FA".

Brady is one of, if not the best QBs in the game. And their system? Phenomenal. It's not like our coaching that's for sure.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
And your SB argument I really don't want to talk about. Let's talk the season.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Brady is one of, if not the best QBs in the game. And their system? Phenomenal. It's not like our coaching that's for sure. Yeah. I know right. What kind of coaching wins 2 SBs and beats that "phenomenal" system twice? You can just remove your giant hat now. We've gone from "it's a team sport" to "a great qb like brady carries the team".

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
And your SB argument I really don't want to talk about. Let's talk the season. You're the guy that brought it up. Went from "The ravens D and 9ers D were dominant" to "I don't really want to talk about".

experto
03-14-2013, 10:57 PM
wow 1 year for 5 mill.I would have been all over that.How the hell does a top impact dlineman command so little.Crazy.

Moke
03-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Yeah. I know right. What kind of coaching wins 2 SBs and beats that "phenomenal" system twice? You can just remove your giant hat now.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SEASON BONEHEAD

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 10:59 PM
He's very inconsistent. That doesn't make you an overall dynamic player, no.Was he inconsistent when it mattered last year?

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:00 PM
I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SEASON BONEHEAD THE SEASON HASN'T STARTED DUMMY. YOU'RE JUDGING A SEASON THAT HASN'T STARTED BECAUSE YOU WANT TO "BUY" A TEAM AND END UP LIKE THE EAGLES. Grow up.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM

Next.We were 12th in scoring defense last year.

We had a negative scoring differential the year we won the SB.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Was he inconsistent when it mattered last year?

If you want to get into the playoffs relying mostly on your QB, yes you need to be consistent.

What "matters" is making the playoffs first.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
We were 12th in scoring defense last year.

Let me know about the run defense rankings. And imagine how many times people complained about the other receivers beating our DBs. You're picking one ranking out of the hat of defensive rankings and claiming that makes them a good defense.

It's getting comical.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
THE SEASON HASN'T STARTED DUMMY. YOU'RE JUDGING A SEASON THAT HASN'T STARTED BECAUSE YOU WANT TO "BUY" A TEAM AND END UP LIKE THE EAGLES. Grow up.

I'd rather put you on ignore, because you're providing nothing relevant. Thank you.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
If you want to get into the playoffs relying mostly on your QB, yes you need to be consistent.

What "matters" is making the playoffs first.What teams don't rely mostly on their QBs?

AllHailEli
03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
What teams don't rely mostly on their QBs?

I guess th Vikings. :)

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
What teams don't rely mostly on their QBs?

Seahawks made it far, 49ers made it far, do I have to list all of the teams?

Packers sucked because their defense was awful, and their run game was awful.

Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Is that why the 49ers went to the SB and we didn't?Next question.Ravens were the same team. Joe Flacco isn't that good. Their D was pretty awesome.
I'd rather put you on ignore, because you're providing nothing relevant. Thank you. How have you not been banned? Do you see the amount of people that disagree with u? NO. Your too blind and ignorant to see that. Go ahead and ignore me. I'll just report u anyway.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
How have you not been banned? Do you see the amount of people that disagree with u? NO. Your too blind and ignorant to see that. Go ahead and ignore me. I'll just report u anyway.

So if people disagree with me, I deserve to be banned? Get a load of this..

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing.You want me to adopt your view of football when you think the Vikings, the freaking Vikings, have reached a standard of "amazing," with Ponder at the helm.

Oh.My.God.

I'm about to go GMENAGAIN.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Is that why the 49ers went to the SB and we didn't?Next question.Ravens were the same team. Joe Flacco isn't that good. Their D was pretty awesome.
Seahawks made it far, 49ers made it far, do I have to list all of the teams?Packers sucked because their defense was awful, and their run game was awful.Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing. And what happened to the vikings after ponder got hurt? They got killed. Their "amazing" team got killed because of no QB. And the Seahawks and niners actually did have QBs.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:11 PM

Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing.49ers didn't rely on Kaepernick when they were making a run? The Packers sucked? The Vikings were hot? Russell Wilson wasn't relied upon on the latter portion of the season?

What the hell kind of backwards universe are you in?

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Seahawks made it far, 49ers made it far, do I have to list all of the teams?Packers sucked because their defense was awful, and their run game was awful.Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing.
So if people disagree with me, I deserve to be banned? Get a load of this.. Personal attacks equals ban pretty boy. Get a load of that.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Let me know about the run defense rankings. And imagine how many times people complained about the other receivers beating our DBs. You're picking one ranking out of the hat of defensive rankings and claiming that makes them a good defense.

It's getting comical.I never said that they were a good defense. They weren't a good defense when we won the SB, either. However, we gave up significantly fewer points last year than when we won the SB.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:13 PM
And what happened to the vikings after ponder got hurt? They got killed. Their "amazing" team got killed because of no QB. And the Seahawks and niners actually did have QBs.Lol their "amazing" team was killed by the "Packers sucked because their defense was awful, and their run game was awful."

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
You want me to adopt your view of football when you think the Vikings, the freaking Vikings, have reached a standard of "amazing," with Ponder at the helm.

Oh.My.God.

I'm about to go GMENAGAIN.

You're really not getting anything right now.

You asked me what team doesn't rely on a inconsistent QB?

Vikings. Crappy QB, and yet they made it far last year. It's a team-sport. I don't care that we have Eli Manning, so stop bringing him up only every time we talk about a team sport.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Personal attacks equals ban pretty boy. Get a load of that.

Where in the 3 quotes did I personally attack you? LOL.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM

Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing.And for some reason the team that had the QB that had one of the best post-seasons ever won the SB.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM

Vikings. Crappy QB, and yet they made it far last year. It's a team-sport. I don't care that we have Eli Manning, so stop bringing him up only every time we talk about a team sport.So, there was one team that didn't have a good QB, but instead had a once in a generation running back.

mikeq6722
03-14-2013, 11:16 PM
If Philly paid for Kenny Philips one year and Seattle got Bennet for a year than you cant tell me we cant afford anyone for the same price these players are getting contracts for.

Just because Philly and Sea have cap space doesnt mean the Giants do. What dont you people get about this? This team has no money. They dont have 5 million to give anyone.

gmen0820

Vikings. Crappy QB, and yet they made it far last year. It's a team-sport. I don't care that we have Eli Manning, so stop bringing him up only every time we talk about a team sport.Getting knocked out in the wild card with a 10-6 record is far? What if they didn't have AD? I mean, it's a team sport right?

Like I said, easy there Vladimir.

gmen0820
So, there was one team that didn't have a good QB, but instead had a once in a generation running back.Team sport. Communist Football League.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:17 PM
And for some reason the team that had the QB that had one of the best post-seasons ever won the SB.

I'm talking season man. I want to have a good record and get into the playoffs.

Everyone should want that.

Saying "we have Eli Manning" doesn't make this team INSTANT SB WINNERS.

That seems the logic by a few members here when we discuss the team as a whole. It always gets shifted to eli Manning this, eli manning that.

gmen0820
Everyone gets paid 2.32 million per year, too!

Moke
Getting knocked out in the wild card with a 10-6 record is far? What if they didn't have AD? I mean, it's a team sport right?

Like I said, easy there Vladimir.

10-6 and wild card is better than what our record was sheesh.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm talking season man. I want to have a good record and get into the playoffs.

Everyone should want that.

Saying "we have Eli Manning" doesn't make this team INSTANT SB WINNERS.

That seems the logic by a few members here when we discuss the team as a whole. It always gets shifted to eli Manning this, eli manning that.Who said that?

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Who said that?

So stop bringing him up every time we discuss the team in general?

I don't understand that response when we're talking about the whole team, the running game, the running defense.

And the first thing you say is "we have eli manning"

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Seahawks made it far, 49ers made it far, do I have to list all of the teams?Packers sucked because their defense was awful, and their run game was awful.Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing.
Where in the 3 quotes did I personally attack you? LOL. " bonehead", "next", lying, acting high and mighty like your opinion matters more. The niners made the NFC championship. This year they made the SB. The only major change was QB. The Seahawks went 7-9 last year. This year they won a playoff game. Biggest change was QB. See a pattern? And you are clearly too young to understand why Eli is so important since you seem to not care for him. You didn't see the old days. QB is the most important position. That's a fact.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
10-6 and wild card is better than what our record was sheesh.If 10-6 with a wildcard, and "amazing" play from the rest of the team is the gold standard for Franchise QB-less teams, then you're either blind to a franchise QBs importance, or just willfully ignorant.

drewz
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
From Team Rankings (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stats/):
Yards Allowed Per Game -- 383.4 (31st)
Opponent Yards Per Play -- 6.0 (30th)
Opponent Third Down Conversion Percentage -- 42.42 percent (30th)
Opponent Yards Per Rush Attempt -- 4.6 (27th)
Opponent Completion Percentage -- 63.86 percent (26th)
Opponent Passing Yards Per Game -- 254.2 (26th)
Opponent Avg. Team Passer Rating -- 88.2 (20th)
Opponent Yards per Pass Attempt -- 7.6 (31st)
Sack Percentage -- 5.82 percent (22nd)
Takeaways Per Game -- 2.2 (3rd)

----

The only answer so far is to bring back Corey Webster and Aaron Ross.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
" bonehead", "next", lying, acting high and mighty like your opinion matters more. The niners made the NFC championship. This year they made the SB. The only major change was QB. The Seahawks went 7-9 last year. This year they won a playoff game. Biggest change was QB. See a pattern? And you are clearly too young to understand why Eli is so important since you seem to not care for him. You didn't see the old days.

I'm done man. If you think I'm going to get banned for what you said, you really are making stuff up.

If 10-6 with a wildcard, and "amazing" play from the rest of the team is the gold standard for Franchise QB-less teams, then you're either blind to a franchise QBs importance, or just willfully ignorant.

10-6 got them into the playoffs. I'd be happy with that yes.

They played well without a consistent QB.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Team sport. Communist Football League. http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhs1zVvWo1qd58j4o1_400.gif

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM

I don't understand that response when we're talking about the whole team, the running game, the running defense.

And the first thing you say is "we have eli manning"Ok, so we upgraded over Bradshaw.

Boley and Canty were no good in run defense. KP played 80 yards off the LoS, so he wasn't a factor in run defense when he was healthy.Blackburn consistently got blown off of the ball. I don't see how we've gotten worse at run defense.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM
But, they have a once in a generation running back.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Ok, so we upgraded over Bradshaw.

Boley and Canty were no good in run defense. KP played 80 yards off the LoS, so he wasn't a factor in run defense when he was healthy.Blackburn consistently got blown off of the ball. I don't see how we've gotten worse at run defense.

Explain how we upgraded over Bradshaw? we just got rid of him and shifted the other guys up hoping that Wilson is that #1 guy.

Drez
From Team Rankings (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stats/):
Yards Allowed Per Game -- 383.4 (31st)
Opponent Yards Per Play -- 6.0 (30th)
Opponent Third Down Conversion Percentage -- 42.42 percent (30th)
Opponent Yards Per Rush Attempt -- 4.6 (27th)
Opponent Completion Percentage -- 63.86 percent (26th)
Opponent Passing Yards Per Game -- 254.2 (26th)
Opponent Avg. Team Passer Rating -- 88.2 (20th)
Opponent Yards per Pass Attempt -- 7.6 (31st)
Sack Percentage -- 5.82 percent (22nd)
Takeaways Per Game -- 2.2 (3rd)

----

The only answer so far is to bring back Corey Webster and Aaron Ross.
And get rid of Canty, Boley, and Blackburn.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
Ok, so we upgraded over Bradshaw.

Boley and Canty were no good in run defense. KP played 80 yards off the LoS, so he wasn't a factor in run defense when he was healthy.Blackburn consistently got blown off of the ball. I don't see how we've gotten worse at run defense. KP was actually good against the run when they had him play the run.

Drez
Explain how we upgraded over Bradshaw? we just got rid of him and shifted the other guys up hoping that Wilson is that #1 guy.And there's your answer.

gmen0820

And the first thing you say is "we have eli manning"So you want to have a discussion about teams on paper? You do realize that you can have a H.O.F RB/DE, and an incredible OL, an elite DT, and a solid LB corps....

But when Ponder is your QB, you'll STILL go 10-6 and get knocked out early.

Minnesotta is scarier than us? On paper, I guess you could say so. But if you can't take a theoretical view at something, and apply it to reality, then you should not be partaking in anything involving critical thinking.

As I previously said, having a franchise QB separates us from 20-25 teams.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:25 PM
But, they have a once in a generation running back.

And a defense that played well. So I'm saying, you don't need a consistent QB. No one cares that we have Eli. We need to be good all-around, which I don't see right now.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Explain how we upgraded over Bradshaw? we just got rid of him and shifted the other guys up hoping that Wilson is that #1 guy. We drafted Wilson to REPLACE Bradshaw..

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:26 PM
So you want to have a discussion about teams on paper? You do realize that you can have a H.O.F RB/DE, and an incredible OL, an elite DT, and a solid LB corps....

But when Ponder is your QB, you'll STILL go 10-6 and get knocked out early.

Minnesotta is scarier than us? On paper, I guess you could say so. But if you can't take a theoretical view at something, and apply it to reality, then you should not be partaking in anything involving critical thinking.

As I previously said, having a franchise QB separates us from 20-25 teams.

I didn't see Minny was scarier. We just needed to shed off fat and replace with good pieces. We shedded the fat, have we added the good pieces?and Don't bring up the draft.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-14-2013, 11:26 PM
I wish hot women posted on this forum..they used to.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
We drafted Wilson to REPLACE Bradshaw..

You 100% trust Wilson right now as #1?

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM

They played well without a consistent QB."Shoot for the stars, so if you fall you land on a cloud."

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
And a defense that played well. So I'm saying, you don't need a consistent QB. No one cares that we have Eli. We need to be good all-around, which I don't see right now.No, we need to be mediocre at best on defense. We can even be a little bad. We just need Eli to play at a high level.

GentleGiant
Seahawks made it far, 49ers made it far, do I have to list all of the teams?Packers sucked because their defense was awful, and their run game was awful.Look at the Vikings. They were hot with Ponder.... wonder why? Their whole team played amazing. Bonehead equals personal whether u like to pretend it doesn't or not. You don't want to win the SB. You want to have a good record. I'm still trying to figure out how the Vikings D played well seeing they got blown out in the playoffs. You'd rather lose the SB and mumble "we'll we still were the better team" to yourself rather than actually win the SB.
And a defense that played well. So I'm saying, you don't need a consistent QB. No one cares that we have Eli. We need to be good all-around, which I don't see right now.

Moke
"Shoot for the stars, so if you fall you land on a cloud."

Right, and the Vikings landed on the nicer cloud.

gmen0820
I didn't see Minny was scarier. We just needed to shed off fat and replace with good pieces. We shedded the fat, have we added the good pieces?and Don't bring up the draft.Do you think Minny is scarier? They have better RBs, a better OL, better LBers, better DL, both of our secondaries are weak.

Where do we have the edge? QB, and WRs.

4 position groups (Minny) > 2 position groups (NYG)

Hmm....

Moke
Bonehead equals personal whether u like to pretend it doesn't or not. You don't want to win the SB. You want to have a good record. I'm still trying to figure out how the Vikings D played well seeing they got blown out in the playoffs. You'd rather lose the SB and mumble "we'll we still were the better team" to yourself rather than actually win the SB.

Are you still offended? Omg.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:30 PM
I didn't see Minny was scarier. We just needed to shed off fat and replace with good pieces. We shedded the fat, have we added the good pieces?and Don't bring up the draft.Maybe we had some muscle under all that fat.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Right, and the Vikings landed on the nicer cloud.Oh yeah, let me tell ya. They won a game more than us! Part the Red Sea!

mikeq6722
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm done man. If you think I'm going to get banned for what you said, you really are making stuff up.

Find me a team thats won the superbowl without a consistent top tier qb in the current state of the NFL. I wont hold my breath, since it hasnt happened. The point is you need a great QB to win in this league, which we have, which like gmen said, seperates us from 20-25 other teams.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Do you think Minny is scarier? They have better RBs, a better OL, better LBers, better DL, both of our secondaries are weak.

Where do we have the edge? QB, and WRs.

4 position groups (Minny) > 2 position groups (NYG)

Hmm....

Did we get anywhere with a QB and WRs?

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Are you still offended? Omg. I don't care. Your just annoying cause your blatantly disregarding me and just repeating yourself. " Don't say the DRAFT". Yeah don't say the most important when it comes to adding players. Point is if someone isn't following the rules then obviously they're guilty.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Did we get anywhere with a QB and WRs? We got 2 SBs.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, let me tell ya. They won a game more than us! Part the Red Sea!

All that matters is getting there. You won the SB and couldn't even win the division with the same squad the next season.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
We got 2 SBs.

With no conviction before winning. Plus, the 1st SB we had a beast of a defense.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Did we get anywhere with a QB and WRs?Well, you're asking me to take a look into the past (which you've told me not to do), and what do I seeeeeeeee?

Ah, yes, a SB in 2011. Oh, very glorious! With a healthy Hakeem Nicks dominating the NFL elites in the post season, and Cruz -- isn't he just a shifty booger? -- running sight adjustment routes to perfection. And aww, what is that I see? Mario Manning....Manningham? Yes, Manningham, he's coming up in the clutch.

Wait...who is that I see throwing these darts! Gasp! It's Eli Manning!

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
All that matters is getting there. You won the SB and couldn't even win the division with the same squad the next season.It wasn't the same squad. Most importantly, Eli wasn't playing near as well and Nicks was hurt.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:36 PM
It wasn't the same squad. Most importantly, Eli wasn't playing near as well and Nicks was hurt.

For a team that calls for "next man up", can't seem to back that up.

Eli not playing well, but everyone says "we have Eli, we're fine"

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:36 PM
With no conviction before winning. Plus, the 1st SB we had a beast of a defense.The defense turned it on in the playoffs (like nearly every SB winner of all time), but were pretty average during the season.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:37 PM
For a team that calls for "next man up", can't seem to back that up.

Eli not playing well, but everyone says "we have Eli, we're fine"Whatever, Moke.
We're all doomed. Is that better for you?

Moke
Well, you're asking me to take a look into the past (which you've told me not to do), and what do I seeeeeeeee?

Ah, yes, a SB in 2011. Oh, very glorious! With a healthy Hakeem Nicks dominating the NFL elites in the post season, and Cruz -- isn't he just a shifty booger? -- running sight adjustment routes to perfection. And aww, what is that I see? Mario Manning....Manningham? Yes, Manningham, he's coming up in the clutch.

Wait...who is that I see throwing these darts! Gasp! It's Eli Manning!

Lol 3 amazing WRs and you're praising Eli out of all of them.

GentleGiant
Don't feed the troll. He'd rather have "conviction" and get blown out in the playoffs than go win it all. Guy didn't even read gmen0820 comments that praised the WRs. He's too busy cringing at the fact that we have a good QB.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Whatever, Moke.
We're all doomed. Is that better for you?

Is that my point? My point is that I'm not convinced RIGHT NOW that this team can really do anything effective with the RBs and the defense. I like the Ross addition though.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Don't feed the troll. He'd rather have "conviction" and get blown out in the playoffs than go win it all.

I'm a troll? I'm having a discussion. Stop trying to create a flame war and creating a bad image of me, thank you.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Is that my point? My point is that I'm not convinced RIGHT NOW that this team can really do anything effective with the RBs and the defense. I like the Ross addition though.The running backs we have now ARE an improvement.

The defense last year sucked, no?

We got rid of several players, kept some, signed a couple guys as stop gaps and depth. It's the 3rd freaking day of free agency. Let's wait until after FA and the draft and see how things look then. And yes, goddammit!!!!, I said wait for the draft.

You're looking at a half finished painting and saying you think it looks like ****. Well, yeah, maybe it does. It's not finished yet.

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Lol 3 amazing WRs and you're praising Eli out of all of them.Yes. Do you disagree with my assessment? Do you think Eli doesn't deserve praise?

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:42 PM
My point is that I'm not convinced RIGHT NOW that this team can really do anything effective with the RBs and the defense..Wait, that's really all you're arguing?

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Yes. Do you disagree with my assessment? Do you think Eli doesn't deserve praise?

He does, but Nicks and Cruz are amazing WRs and so was Mario, I'm not going to praise Eli for them getting open either.

Eli is a good QB, I am not denying it. But I wouldn't say "we got Eli, we'll be OK" because Eli doesn't make us a team to compete on his own.

I'm worried about the RBs, the defense.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Wait, that's really all you're arguing?

I've been saiyng it over and over agian in countless threads that the running game was an issue to me.

I Bleed Blue 56
Just because Philly and Sea have cap space doesnt mean the Giants do. What dont you people get about this? This team has no money. They dont have 5 million to give anyone. Ok this team has no money we just signed Mundy,Ross and Torraine. Also looking to pay Boothe but we have no money. Oh Dielh just restructed we still have no money. You dont know crap about football and the cap if you think this team has no money. I am not talking get a big player for big money but if players such as Bennet and Avril are getting low ball deals why cant wr make a low ball deal with a MLB like Dansby or hell even FS Woodson. This free agency is different than the past. One year deals are more common now. Look at K.P took a b.s one year deal.

Moke
The running backs we have now ARE an improvement.

We got rid of several players, kept some, signed a couple guys as stop gaps and depth. It's the 3rd freaking day of free agency. Let's wait until after FA and the draft and see how things look then. And yes, goddammit!!!!, I said wait for the draft.

You're looking at a half finished painting and saying you think it looks like ****. Well, yeah, maybe it does. It's not finished yet.

How is it going to be finished? Draft? We'll be lucky if 2 of those players can step it up this season.

ShakeandBake
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
The running backs we have now ARE an improvement.

They were all on the roster last year, we have the same corps with the exception of Bradshaw, so if anything it is worse not better.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
@moke Discussion my ***. You act like all were talking nothing but Eli. Gwen just made a paragraph praising the WRs yet u kept talking about Eli. Your talking about him more than we are. You even had the idiocy to hate on 2 SB winning teams because " oh they didn't have conviction" or " oh they had a good QB so it doesn't count".

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:45 PM
They were all on the roster last year, we have the same corps with the exception of Bradshaw, so if anything it is worse not better.

Yeah. Our running game wasn't that good last year. We lost bradshaw. How does that add up that it got better? If Wilson is #1 material, he would have started last year

gmen0820
03-14-2013, 11:45 PM
I've been saiyng it over and over agian in countless threads that the running game was an issue to me.Ohhhhhhhhh

So your problem is that you are worried about our defense, and our running game.

Hey, sorta related question, does anyone know what our running game, and defense was ranked when we won the SB in 2011?

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
@moke Discussion my ***. You act like all were talking nothing but Eli. Gwen just made a paragraph praising the WRs yet u kept talking about Eli. Your talking about him more than we are. You even had the idiocy to hate on 2 SB winning teams because " oh they didn't have conviction" or " oh they had a good QB so it doesn't count".

If you attack me one more time, I am going to report you for excessive abuse because I'm getting sick of you keep quoting me when I'm talking to someone else.

Leave me the **** alone now

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
I've been saiyng it over and over agian in countless threads that the running game was an issue to me.Then honestly, you're being stupid. We'll miss Bradshaw's heart, but not his wheels. We have upgraded by cutting him (save for pass pro).

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh

So your problem is that you are worried about our defense, and our running game.

Hey, sorta related question, does anyone know what our running game, and defense was ranked when we won the SB in 2011?

The team is different and the subtractions and additions are a toss-up

You're assuming THIS team will be good while I am not. They are both assumptions due to the additions/subtractions made so far.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Then honestly, you're being stupid. We'll miss Bradshaw's heart, but not his wheels. We have upgraded by cutting him (save for pass pro).

How???? Andre Brown starteed last year when Bradshaw was hurt. How is Wilson at #1 any consolation to you right now?

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:48 PM
@moke multiple people are talking to you so if your gonna report me because your "busy talking to other people" then your gonna be disappointed. Also you went from saying " we didn't make the playoffs with the same team that won the SB" to "this team is different".

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:49 PM
@moke multiple people are talking to you so if your gonna report me because your "busy talking to other people" then your gonna be disappointed.

Ignored. Thanks for wasting my time.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:50 PM
They were all on the roster last year, we have the same corps with the exception of Bradshaw, so if anything it is worse not better.And Diehl finished the year as the starting RT. James Butler was the starting safety in '08, was he better than KP?

I fail to see your point.

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:51 PM
How???? Andre Brown starteed last year when Bradshaw was hurt. How is Wilson at #1 any consolation to you right now?Because I have eyes and watched the games.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:51 PM
And Diehl finished the year as the starting RT. James Butler was the starting safety in '08, was he better than KP?

I fail to see your point.

I just can't see the running game doing better than it did last year. Wilson is a great player, can't deny it... but to support us at the running game all year next season? Too soon. Maybe the year after.

GentleGiant
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
@moke reported. Your welcome.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Because I have eyes and watched the games.

So did I, what's your point?

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
So did I, what's your point?If you don't see the talent that Wilson has, then there's nothing I can tell you that might even remotely make you see why I see we've upgraded the RB position.

Moke
03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
If you don't see the talent that Wilson has, then there's nothing I can tell you that might even remotely make you see why I see we've upgraded the RB position.

Did you read my post where I said he is very talented?

Drez
03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Did you read my post where I said he is very talented?Then how can you not see Brown/Wilson as an upgrade?

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Then how can you not see Brown/Wilson as an upgrade?

Let's agree to disagree, how about that? I don't see it as an upgrade because we had Bradshaw, Wilson, and Brown last year and we took bradshaw out of the equation. Bradshaw wasn't bad. He got injured a lot. The running game still looked awful. I'm not convinced that Bradshaw gone necessarily means we upgraded completely.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:00 AM
The team is different and the subtractions and additions are a toss-up

You're assuming THIS team will be good while I am not. They are both assumptions due to the additions/subtractions made so far.Am I wrong to assume that this team will be good?

With a franchise QB, a potent WR corps, young talent at the skill positions, and a cornerstone DE, why wouldn't I assume to be in good shape? Because we lost a TE? Newsflash, wasn't worried about TE when Shockey left, Boss left, or Ballard. Why would I be worried now? Because we cut Boley? He wouldn't have started next year, and our LBers are always weak? Because we cut Bradshaw? Yeah, I'm really gonna miss his crab dance in the backfield. Canty? He was replaced by Jenkins, and although we're still thin at DT, it's a wash nonetheless.

Like I said, we have the core group of guys intact, most importantly: a Franchise QB. We cut dead weight, adequately signed depth, and we still have the draft.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Am I wrong to assume that this team will be good?

With a franchise QB, a potent WR corps, young talent at the skill positions, and a cornerstone DE, why wouldn't I assume to be in good shape? Because we lost a TE? Newsflash, wasn't worried about TE when Shockey left, Boss left, or Ballard. Why would I be worried now? Because we cut Boley? He wouldn't have started next year, and our LBers are always weak? Because we cut Bradshaw? Yeah, I'm really gonna miss his crab dance in the backfield. Canty? He was replaced by Jenkins, and although we're still thin at DT, it's a wash nonetheless.

Like I said, we have the core group of guys intact, most importantly: a Franchise QB. We cut dead weight, adequately signed depth, and we still have the draft.

No, you're not. And i'm not wrong for thinking the team won't be good. I think we should agree to disagree here. I see flaws in the team, more major than other teams in the league. That's all.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
No, you're not. And i'm not wrong for thinking the team won't be good. I think we should agree to disagree here. I see flaws in the team, more major than other teams in the league. That's all.Flaws that are relatively insignificant to this team's dynamics.

Drez
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Let's agree to disagree, how about that? I don't see it as an upgrade because we had Bradshaw, Wilson, and Brown last year and we took bradshaw out of the equation. Bradshaw wasn't bad. He got injured a lot. The running game still looked awful. I'm not convinced that Bradshaw gone necessarily means we upgraded completely.Right, and Bradshaw has two busted wheels. He needed to have another surgery to insert a LARGER screw in his multiple repaired foot. His speed and quickness were noticeably declining last year. More importantly, he was losing the patience to let his blockers set things up and wasn't hitting the holes that were there with consistency. He was always trying to bounce things outside, even when the OL opened a hole, but he lacked the speed to hit the corner. I loved Bradshaw, but he's a shell of the back he used to be. Another foot surgery is only going to make things worse.

Drez
03-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Am I wrong to assume that this team will be good?

Like I said, we have the core group of guys intact, most importantly: a Franchise QB. We cut dead weight, adequately signed depth, and we still have the draft.And the rest of free agency. Reese also tends to kill it during the UDFA period.

People are greatly overreacting to our "losses" this offseason.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Flaws that are relatively insignificant to this team's dynamics.

I'd like to see what the offensive line can do for our RBs before making this judgement. Also, I want to see our defense this season. Tuck needs to play unlike his last season. Osi needs to stop being out there on the run defense.

Team dynamics involves everything.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:07 AM
And the rest of free agency. Reese also tends to kill it during the UDFA period.

People are greatly overreacting to our "losses" this offseason.

He usually kills it doesn't mean he'll kill it this draft. Also, how fast do these players come in to make an impact next season?

Drez
03-15-2013, 12:08 AM
I'd like to see what the offensive line can do for our RBs before making this judgement. Also, I want to see our defense this season. Tuck needs to play unlike his last season. Osi needs to stop being out there on the run defense.

Team dynamics involves everything.Osi's probably not going to be out there on passing downs or any other down, either.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Right, and Bradshaw has two busted wheels. He needed to have another surgery to insert a LARGER screw in his multiple repaired foot. His speed and quickness were noticeably declining last year. More importantly, he was losing the patience to let his blockers set things up and wasn't hitting the holes that were there with consistency. He was always trying to bounce things outside, even when the OL opened a hole, but he lacked the speed to hit the corner. I loved Bradshaw, but he's a shell of the back he used to be. Another foot surgery is only going to make things worse.It's a failure to recognize addition by subtraction. Last year, we didn't have Brandon Jacobs, yet our run rank increased by eighteen spots.

How could this be? Well, the snaps that Jacobs took, which he couldn't do anything with, went to more effective, and efficient players.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:09 AM
It's a failure to recognize addition by subtraction. Last year, we didn't have Brandon Jacobs, yet our run rank increased by eighteen spots.

How could this be? Well, the snaps that Jacobs took, which he couldn't do anything with, went to more effective, and efficient players.

Were wilson and Brown that much more effective last season hwen Bradshaw went down?

Drez
03-15-2013, 12:09 AM
He usually kills it doesn't mean he'll kill it this draft. Also, how fast do these players come in to make an impact next season?If that's how you feel then you should just make a pact to not watch any games next year.

Drez
03-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Were wilson and Brown that much more effective last season hwen Bradshaw went down?Are players static? Or do some grow and get better, while others decline?

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:11 AM
If that's how you feel then you should just make a pact to not watch any games next year.

You know better than to make an argument like that... that's all you have?

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Are players static? Or do some grow and get better, while others decline?

I want to win next season. I don't see WIlson growing that fast.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:12 AM

Team dynamics involves everything.They involve everything, but hold a different weight. Your concerns are towards the bottom of the totem pole.

QB/WRs are the top. Everything else is distant, and last time I checked, we are still healthy up top.

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
wilson and brown can be very effective if the o-line can improve their run blocking. did you watch that o-line trying to create holes for the running game last year? everytime someone got the ball they would run right into a pile of o-lineman cause they were absolutely no holes to run through.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:13 AM
wilson and brown can be very effective if the o-line can improve their run blocking. did you watch that o-line trying to create holes for the running game last year? everytime someone got the ball they would run right into a pile of o-lineman cause they were absolutely no holes to run through.

Right. Let's hope our O-line actually improves.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
They involve everything, but hold a different weight. Your concerns are towards the bottom of the totem pole.

QB/WRs are the top. Everything else is distant, and last time I checked, we are still healthy up top.

A QB like Eli needs a good o-line, otherwise he's doomed. He's been ok getting out of the pocket lately, but he's not someone I trust with an icky o-line.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Were wilson and Brown that much more effective last season hwen Bradshaw went down?They epitomized efficient running, and almost always maximized their opportunities.

Brown: over 5 ypc; twenty-five first downs; three 20+ yard runs; eight TDs; only 73 rushing attempts
Wilson: five ypc; seventeen first downs; five 20+ yard runs; two 40+ yard runs; four TDs; only 71 rushing attempts

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:22 AM
They epitomized efficient running, and almost always maximized their opportunities.

Brown: over 5 ypc; twenty-five first downs; three 20+ yard runs; eight TDs; only 73 rushing attempts
Wilson: five ypc; seventeen first downs; five 20+ yard runs; two 40+ yard runs; four TDs; only 71 rushing attempts

lol

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:22 AM
A QB like Eli needs a good o-line, otherwise he's doomed. He's been ok getting out of the pocket lately, but he's not someone I trust with an icky o-line.Then I guess we've had a good OL, because Eli hasn't been consistently "doomed" as of late.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:24 AM
lolDo you disagree that their numbers were incredibly efficient for their workload?

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Then I guess we've had a good OL, because Eli hasn't been consistently "doomed" as of late.

You said earlier he wasn't playing well last year.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
You said earlier he wasn't playing well last year.Any struggles Eli had is more directly correlated to an unhealthy Nicks, than a line that improved in all aspects since their SB season in 2011.

I'm also doing you a favor since I know you can't provide a quote of me saying anything discrediting against Eli in this thread.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Any struggles Eli had is more directly correlated to an unhealthy Nicks, than a line that improved in all aspects since their SB season in 2011.

I'm also doing you a favor since I know you can't provide a quote of me saying anything discrediting against Eli in this thread.

No it's not... with a good OL, you can have more time for the less talented WRs to get open.

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 12:30 AM
A QB like Eli needs a good o-line, otherwise he's doomed. He's been ok getting out of the pocket lately, but he's not someone I trust with an icky o-line.2011 we had the worst ranked OL fyi

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 12:31 AM
eli had time to throw the ball last year. i mean he was one of the least sacked qbs in the league. he just would either make dumb decisions or the receivers were'nt getting good enough seperation.

GentleGiant
03-15-2013, 12:36 AM
eli had time to throw the ball last year. i mean he was one of the least sacked qbs in the league. he just would either make dumb decisions or the receivers were'nt getting good enough seperation. Injured recievers, injured backs. Bad kill drive play calling.

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 12:37 AM
They epitomized efficient running, and almost always maximized their opportunities.

Wilson: five ypc; seventeen first downs; five 20+ yard runs; two 40+ yard runs; four TDs; only 71 rushing attemptssomeone wasnt impressed with brown n wilson? were they watching the games? Brown looked like one of the better rbs in the entire league at setting then pressing the hole and exploding through with a lil jump cut type move. he consistently would isolate the defender by getting directly behind the OL with patience, then pressed the hole wherever a sliver of daylight opened up. thats not something u can really teach. thats just talent. every rb wants that ability. its why his YPA were do dang high behind a makeshift OL
With Wilson, he actually disproved the theory he cant stick to the design of the run play. granted he was obviously much better as the yr went on, but that philly game was dominant. that NO game was dominant. he showed he can be dominant. with more attempts, he will have added success. he clearly displayed a speed/quickness/elusiveness/toughness/athleticism that u dont see in many players, maybe the top few rbs. and wilsons gonna be that bro. mark my words on that.

i am more excited about the run game than ever, esp with the draft coming and all the mocks showing either warmack, cooper, or l.johnson dropping which means a better OL to help the run/pass game. the FO obviously wanted a better run game, which is why we drafted a rb rd 1. and i believe JR when he says he had Wilson over Martin. I do too tbh

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 12:37 AM
yes. forgot the bad play calling also.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:45 AM
No it's not... with a good OL, you can have more time for the less talented WRs to get open.Two options, they both make sense on the surface, but let's dig in!

Okay, so you have a beast OL with crappy WRs. What time table can you put on them to get open? Oh, you can't! They're crappy players, and crappy players rarely get open in the amount of time that even the best OLs can pass protect for!

Let's repeat this, you have a crappy OL, with beast WRs (or, the 2011 NY Giants). What time table can you put on the crappy OL to pass pro for? Long enough for the receivers to get open.

Your theory does not test well. Top OLs, if you were to put a timer on them, would probably consistently provide a QB with ~ 4 seconds to throw. Worse OLs would be less, maybe 25% less at like 3 seconds. If you're a good WR, you get open under those circumstances. If you're a crappy WR, one more second will rarely be the deciding factor of if you get separation. Name me a team that had a potent passing game with crappy receivers. There's maybe one in the last decade, and that's Tom Brady's 2005 season.

Nicks last year was putrid (couldn't beat man-man with any consistency, even against safeties), and Cruz was game planned against to be ineffective. The Giants OL, statistically improved, but our offense was still lackadaisical.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:45 AM
2011 we had the worst ranked OL fyiDiehl and McKenzie were our starting Tackles lmao

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:47 AM
someone wasnt impressed with brown n wilson? were they watching the games?Yes, many are concerned that our releasing of a rapidly declining RB (that contributed in re-signing other players) has dented our RB corps significantly.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Yes, many are concerned that our releasing of a rapidly declining RB (that contributed in re-signing other players) has dented our RB corps significantly.

I think you and 420 need to take off the rose colored glasses. What has Brown done to warrant such praise? He hasn't proven anything yet besides the fact that he tends to get injured a lot.

Moke
03-15-2013, 12:54 AM
This is why I hate the actual giants board. You guys are such homers.

I go into general football forums and even giant fans there say the same stuff.

It's just easier for you to make a case because we won 2 SBs.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 12:57 AM
someone wasnt impressed with brown n wilson? were they watching the games? Brown looked like one of the better rbs in the entire league at setting then pressing the hole and exploding through with a lil jump cut type move. he consistently would isolate the defender by getting directly behind the OL with patience, then pressed the hole wherever a sliver of daylight opened up. thats not something u can really teach. thats just talent. every rb wants that ability. its why his YPA were do dang high behind a makeshift OL
With Wilson, he actually disproved the theory he cant stick to the design of the run play. granted he was obviously much better as the yr went on, but that philly game was dominant. that NO game was dominant. he showed he can be dominant. with more attempts, he will have added success. he clearly displayed a speed/quickness/elusiveness/toughness/athleticism that u dont see in many players, maybe the top few rbs. and wilsons gonna be that bro. mark my words on that.

i am more excited about the run game than ever, esp with the draft coming and all the mocks showing either warmack, cooper, or l.johnson dropping which means a better OL to help the run/pass game. the FO obviously wanted a better run game, which is why we drafted a rb rd 1. and i believe JR when he says he had Wilson over Martin. I do too tbh

Damn that must be some good stuff you're smokin

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 12:58 AM
I think you and 420 need to take off the rose colored glasses. What has Brown done to warrant such praise? He hasn't proven anything yet besides the fact that he tends to get injured a lot.Rose colored glasses? Why, because I'm not concerned that we lost a RB with chronic foot problems?

If anything, we've replaced a RB with foot problems with another, but at least the other one's injuries are more fluky than chronic. I liked what I saw from Brown last year, and I think the world of Wilson.

Bradshaw on the other hands has unpredictable stretches of infuriating inefficiency, and his greatest redeeming quality (pass pro) significantly declined as the year progressed.

Moke
03-15-2013, 01:01 AM
someone wasnt impressed with brown n wilson? were they watching the games? Brown looked like one of the better rbs in the entire league at setting then pressing the hole and exploding through with a lil jump cut type move. he consistently would isolate the defender by getting directly behind the OL with patience, then pressed the hole wherever a sliver of daylight opened up. thats not something u can really teach. thats just talent. every rb wants that ability. its why his YPA were do dang high behind a makeshift OL

Oh man, I stopped here. LOL

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
brown was doing very well before he got hurt. would've been interesting to see how good he would've been for the whole year.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Rose colored glasses? Why, because I'm not concerned that we lost a RB with chronic foot problems?

If anything, we've replaced a RB with foot problems with another, but at least the other one's injuries are more fluky than chronic. I liked what I saw from Brown last year, and I think the world of Wilson.

Bradshaw on the other hands has unpredictable stretches of infuriating inefficiency, and his greatest redeeming quality (pass pro) significantly declined as the year progressed.

I can see you are fond of harping on Bradshaw's injuries, yet you still haven't given a reason to why Brown is deserving of this praise you and others are giving him. Again, let me ask you how does he improve our running game? He had ONE good game since he has been here other than that he has been mediocre at best.

Moke
03-15-2013, 01:09 AM
brown was doing very well before he got hurt. would've been interesting to see how good he would've been for the whole year.

Yeah, I heard he was one of the best RBs in the league last season, according to credible sources of the NYGMB.

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I heard he was one of the best RBs in the league last season, according to credible sources of the NYGMB.

well i wouldnt say one of the best but he did have 8 tds before he got hurt.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 01:14 AM

Well if Brown was doing very well than Bradshaw must've been playing at an all-pro level. Its funny that back in 09 when Brown was here no one had any expectations of him, yet somehow 5 years later we have "one of the better rbs in the league" on our team.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 01:14 AM
I can see you are fond of harping on Bradshaw's injuries, yet you still haven't given a reason to why Brown is deserving of this praise you and others are giving him. Again, let me ask you how does he improve our running game? He had ONE good game since he has been here other than that he has been mediocre at best.Did you not see promise from Wilson last year, that you feel will be expanded upon by a significant increase in carries?

Improvement in the running game does not lie solely on the shoulders of Andre Brown, you know?

L.T.56
03-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Well if Brown was doing very well than Bradshaw must've been playing at an all-pro level. Its funny that back in 09 when Brown was here no one had any expectations of him, yet somehow 5 years later we have "one of the better rbs in the league" on our team.

i always liked brown. he just never got to really show much being so far behind in the rb depth chart. i always though he was better than dj ware was.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Did you not see promise from Wilson last year, that you feel will be expanded upon by a significant increase in carries?

Improvement in the running game does not lie solely on the shoulders of Andre Brown, you know?

We have been talking about Bradshaw and Brown this entire time, not once did I mention Wilson nor does he have anything to do with the discussion. It's alright to admit that you have no leg to stand on instead of backpedaling.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 01:40 AM
We have been talking about Bradshaw and Brown this entire time, not once did I mention Wilson nor does he have anything to do with the discussion. It's alright to admit that you have no leg to stand on instead of backpedaling.Well, to be fair, I've been talking about Brown AND Wilson since I made this post (which everything has unfolded from):

But since you only want to talk about Brown, I don't necessarily think he is an upgrade. I haven't seen enough from him to believe that. With that said, I do think it's plausible that he provides an upgrade. The patience he displayed last season is a quality that often got Bradshaw in trouble, especially behind our OL. Either way, upgrades are determined through future progressions. Because Bradshaw's foot problems are chronic, and Brown's are more flukey than anything, isn't it also plausible that Brown will at least be able to stay healthier than Bradshaw?

And again, that's not even including the fact that Brown was the best short yardage back we've seen since Jacobs was a young bull. ~33% of his runs resulted in first downs (the highest percentage of any RB with 50+ carries). He also had two more TDs than Bradshaw, in about a third of the workload.

Brown's career trajectory is pointing up, while Bradshaw's is steeply pointing down.

Do you disagree with any of this?

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I heard he was one of the best RBs in the league last season, according to credible sources of the NYGMB.ah i see the issue. u just have the reading skills of a 2 yr old, and thus, cant seemingly present any sort of stance or even understand anothers for that matter.

seeing as u even bolded it, it must take a whole new level of pathetic to still not comprehend but ill try once more...even tho it wont do any good. I didnt say A.Brown was one of the best rbs in the league. i said, he was one of the best at pressing the hole last season. and, if u even understood what that meant (its obvious u dont bc u dont even have a clue to what it entails bc u assume to have that ability u have to be the best rb or something) u would get that it doesnt make him the best rb. it just makes him effective.

is a ypa over 5 yds effective? yes or no?
with the OL we fielded last year, thats amazing.
And, fyi, coming out of college, Brown was known and touted for that jump cut move. its why we drafted him in the 4th.

waiting for how he'll comprehend this post, should be fun.

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 01:58 AM
We have been talking about Bradshaw and Brown this entire time, not once did I mention Wilson nor does he have anything to do with the discussion. It's alright to admit that you have no leg to stand on instead of backpedaling.what r u even talking about. u havent even presnted one viable credible argument. u just keep going around telling ppl how wrong they are, and usually its after u cant even comprehend their points...wtf is ur point even? that we shouldnt be optimistic about brown bc ur not? that we should pout about bradshaw?

well, nah. i think ill make up my own mind and not depend on someone who cant perform the simplest act of reading comprehension. sorry. make a point. why will brown suck? solely bc hes been hurt in the past? bc he isnt leading the league in rushing already?

GentleGiant
03-15-2013, 02:26 AM
ah i see the issue. u just have the reading skills of a 2 yr old, and thus, cant seemingly present any sort of stance or even understand anothers for that matter.seeing as u even bolded it, it must take a whole new level of pathetic to still not comprehend but ill try once more...even tho it wont do any good. I didnt say A.Brown was one of the best rbs in the league. i said, he was one of the best at pressing the hole last season. and, if u even understood what that meant (its obvious u dont bc u dont even have a clue to what it entails bc u assume to have that ability u have to be the best rb or something) u would get that it doesnt make him the best rb. it just makes him effective. is a ypa over 5 yds effective? yes or no? with the OL we fielded last year, thats amazing. And, fyi, coming out of college, Brown was known and touted for that jump cut move. its why we drafted him in the 4th. waiting for how he'll comprehend this post, should be fun. Don't feed the troll

Drez
03-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Well if Brown was doing very well than Bradshaw must've been playing at an all-pro level. Its funny that back in 09 when Brown was here no one had any expectations of him, yet somehow 5 years later we have "one of the better rbs in the league" on our team.Um, you mean the year that he was on IR with an Achilles tear? I know there was a lot of positive buzz about Brown before he got hurt. But, alas, he suffered a devastating injury during training camp.

Yeah, it took him a couple seasons to finally recover and get his bearing in the league. He's still better running right now than Bradshaw is.

Drez
03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Well, to be fair, I've been talking about Brown AND Wilson since I made this post (which everything has unfolded from):

But since you only want to talk about Brown, I don't necessarily think he is an upgrade. I haven't seen enough from him to believe that. With that said, I do think it's plausible that he provides an upgrade. The patience he displayed last season is a quality that often got Bradshaw in trouble, especially behind our OL. Either way, upgrades are determined through future progressions. Because Bradshaw's foot problems are chronic, and Brown's are more flukey than anything, isn't it also plausible that Brown will at least be able to stay healthier than Bradshaw?

And again, that's not even including the fact that Brown was the best short yardage back we've seen since Jacobs was a young bull. ~33% of his runs resulted in first downs (the highest percentage of any RB with 50+ carries). He also had two more TDs than Bradshaw, in about a third of the workload.

Brown's career trajectory is pointing up, while Bradshaw's is steeply pointing down.

Do you disagree with any of this?Brown had more TDs because the coaches routinely pulled Bradshaw at the goal line in favor of Brown because Brown was better at setting up his blocks and hitting the hole with decisiveness.

Moke
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
ah i see the issue. u just have the reading skills of a 2 yr old, and thus, cant seemingly present any sort of stance or even understand anothers for that matter.

seeing as u even bolded it, it must take a whole new level of pathetic to still not comprehend but ill try once more...even tho it wont do any good. I didnt say A.Brown was one of the best rbs in the league. i said, he was one of the best at pressing the hole last season. and, if u even understood what that meant (its obvious u dont bc u dont even have a clue to what it entails bc u assume to have that ability u have to be the best rb or something) u would get that it doesnt make him the best rb. it just makes him effective.

is a ypa over 5 yds effective? yes or no?
with the OL we fielded last year, thats amazing.
And, fyi, coming out of college, Brown was known and touted for that jump cut move. its why we drafted him in the 4th.

waiting for how he'll comprehend this post, should be fun.

Go read what you just said. I have no reason to come in here and try and comprehend the rest of your post when your first argument is, "you have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old".

I'm waiting for you to actually type correctly. And don't give me the, "This is a forum" excuse.

Now, go back and read your posts about Andre Brown. Do me a ****ing favor.

Moke
03-15-2013, 10:22 AM
And I can guarantee that this guy didn't even watch RBs often to say "Brown was one of the best at pressing the holes".

Small sample size my friend? Both in the amount of RBs you're speaking of, AND how many opportunities he got.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
And I can guarantee that this guy didn't even watch RBs often to say "Brown was one of the best at pressing the holes". Small sample size my friend? Both in the amount of RBs you're speaking of, AND how many opportunities he got.Oh the "you didn't watch ___ argument."

I love the "you didn't watch ____" argument. I'm done commenting to you after that one.

Moke
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Oh the "you didn't watch ___ argument."

Watching the Giants and then watching other teams play often are complete different things. It's much more time-consuming to watch various teams.

Unless you're poor as **** or have no life, then you really don't know **** about how other RBs press the holes.

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM
lmfao gmen0820...

Diamondring
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Is that why the patriots went to the SB last year with the 31st D? HELLO ANYBODY IN THERE! Let me spell it out for you 60 P-O-I-N-T-S I-S A-L-O-T. Obviously you didn't watch the SB since you seem to think two teams who each allowed around 30 points are considered "awesome defenses". It's so cute how some dummies can't come up with an argument so they resort to personal attacks. Clearly by the way your talking I'm sure you thought the eagles were geniuses when they got those "FA".Yes and football is all about the matchups and wins. To get that win, we know one team has to beat the other by points.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Watching the Giants and then watching other teams play often are complete different things. It's much more time-consuming to watch various teams.Unless you're poor as **** or have no life, then you really don't know **** about how other RBs press the holes.So how did you conclude that the Vikings played amazing? You would have to "watch them often" to come to such a rash conclusion, no?

Moke
03-15-2013, 11:05 AM
So how did you conclude that the Vikings played amazing? You would have to "watch them often" to come to such a rash conclusion, no?

I've watched their defense a few times to warrant that they played exceptionally well. And everyone knows Ponder is a horrible QB, unlike Eli.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I've watched their defense a few times to warrant that they played exceptionally well. And everyone knows Ponder is a horrible QB, unlike Eli.Oh. Yes. Of course. Exceptionally well, but not top-15 well in total defense. So in other words, amazing.

giantsfan420
03-15-2013, 01:12 PM
lmao

uther99
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
If you look ate NFC East, I'm optimistic. Dallas seems to be losing players and not signing anyone. Eagles are starting over. Skins are good, but RGIII is wreckless.

Moke
03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
lmao

Thanks for the insight, genius

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 09:21 PM
what r u even talking about. u havent even presnted one viable credible argument. u just keep going around telling ppl how wrong they are, and usually its after u cant even comprehend their points...wtf is ur point even? that we shouldnt be optimistic about brown bc ur not? that we should pout about bradshaw?

well, nah. i think ill make up my own mind and not depend on someone who cant perform the simplest act of reading comprehension. sorry. make a point. why will brown suck? solely bc hes been hurt in the past? bc he isnt leading the league in rushing already?

You are the LAST person on these boards who should be talking about reading comprehension and writing ability. The vast majority of your posts are illegible walls of texts that only a Neanderthal like yourself could comprehend.

You don't even know what the discussion was about(no surprise here considering you have the mentality of a 5 year old with 47 chromosomes). Let me reiterate my point again, that Brown has been constantly injured, and in his healthiest year he could not even surpass a "broken down RB with two flat tires" on the depth chart. We are talking about someone who is going into his 5th year in the NFL, so if you think he is magically going to turn into a great RB you don't know what you are talking about. Then again, this is coming from a guy who said that Brown looked like one of the best RBs in the league last year before he got hurt. I mean there are plenty of great RBs in their 4th year that are buried in the depth chart right?

Duckdownman
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
If NY got money saved for Boothe than they can upgrade and get a better OG for the same price they want to pay Boothe. Please dont give me crap about the cap if they are signing these garbage players than they can pay for a Jake Scott who nobody seems to talk about. We have no starting OG right now. Boothe can easily be replaced with an upgrade. If Philly paid for Kenny Philips one year and Seattle got Bennet for a year than you cant tell me we cant afford anyone for the same price these players are getting contracts for.

You can't compare another teams signings like that. We all do Not have the same cap. While I do agree some moves are head scratchers they are low cap, low guarantee, short term contracts. What that means? These are plugs.
We need to make sure Cruz and nicks are locked up and next year we have money coming off the books. A mil here, an extra signing bonus there could ruin that plan.
These moves are obviously being made for the above stated reasons. This is the nature of the business and the ONLY teams post Super Bowl that don't go through this are ones who had excellent drafts or found diamonds in the rough signings.
You think Baltimore wants to lose all the players that are signing elsewhere?
I feel you that for similar contract offers we could have had better players however we need to see the full contract. 2yeats, 6 mil for instance means nothing to me if we don't know what's guaranteed, how it's written (incentive based, front loaded, etc). The front office knows what they are doing, they have earned that respect.
No matter how you look at it this FA was going to be blah. Next year we have the flexibility to make splashes.

Drez
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
You are the LAST person on these boards who should be talking about reading comprehension and writing ability. The vast majority of your posts are illegible walls of texts that only a Neanderthal like yourself could comprehend.

You don't even know what the discussion was about(no surprise here considering you have the mentality of a 5 year old with 47 chromosomes). Let me reiterate my point again, that Brown has been constantly injured, and in his healthiest year he could not even surpass a "broken down RB with two flat tires" on the depth chart. We are talking about someone who is going into his 5th year in the NFL, so if you think he is magically going to turn into a great RB you don't know what you are talking about. Then again, this is coming from a guy who said that Brown looked like one of the best RBs in the league last year before he got hurt. I mean there are plenty of great RBs in their 4th year that are buried in the depth chart right?Brown is no less injured than Bradshaw. I find it hilarious that you're using injury as a defense of Bradshaw.

So, do you believe that players are capable of getting better? I think both Brown and Wilson are improving as players while Bradshaw is declining.

So, only players that are good off the rip are ever capable of being good players? There's never been a player that took a few seasons to put it all together?

Brown's development as an NFL player was greatly hampered by the injury he suffered in training camp of '09. It essentially took him 2 years to recover from it (1 year for the physical, 1 year for the mental). As a result, he bounced around various teams' practice squads while he was awaiting his opportunity.

Last year he got it. Brown showed some very nice things before breaking his leg. Do you think it was coincidence that Brown got brought in during goal line situations?

And do you really think being the #2 back is buried? Really?

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Brown is no less injured than Bradshaw. I find it hilarious that you're using injury as a defense of Bradshaw.

So, do you believe that players are capable of getting better? I think both Brown and Wilson are improving as players while Bradshaw is declining.

So, only players that are good off the rip are ever capable of being good players? There's never been a player that took a few seasons to put it all together?

Brown's development as an NFL player was greatly hampered by the injury he suffered in training camp of '09. It essentially took him 2 years to recover from it (1 year for the physical, 1 year for the mental). As a result, he bounced around various teams' practice squads while he was awaiting his opportunity.

Last year he got it. Brown showed some very nice things before breaking his leg. Do you think it was coincidence that Brown got brought in during goal line situations?

And do you really think being the #2 back is buried? Really?

Why can none of you Brown defenders answer the simple question as to why he was behind Bradshaw on the depth chart last year if he is a better player? I never said that only players who are good off the rip are capable of being good players, but thanks for putting those words in my mouth!

I believe players who are new to the league like Wilson for instance have a great chance to do better, I don't think Brown will because he is going in to his 5th season, and it is well known that the learning curve for RBs in the NFL is not steep in comparison to virtually every other position in the game. Last year Brown showed that he could possibly be our 3rd down/short yardage back, however we saw very little from him last season so to jump to that conclusion would be hasty.

As far as him buried in the depth chart is concerned, I should have been more specific in saying that he was buried behind Bradshaw which holds water here considering we are comparing the two.

Drez
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Why can none of you Brown defenders answer the simple question as to why he was behind Bradshaw on the depth chart last year if he is a better player? I never said that only players who are good off the rip are capable of being good players, but thanks for putting those words in my mouth!

I believe players who are new to the league like Wilson for instance have a great chance to do better, I don't think Brown will because he is going in to his 5th season, and it is well known that the learning curve for RBs in the NFL is not steep in comparison to virtually every other position in the game. Last year Brown showed that he could possibly be our 3rd down/short yardage back, however we saw very little from him last season so to jump to that conclusion would be hasty.

As far as him buried in the depth chart is concerned, I should have been more specific in saying that he was buried behind Bradshaw which holds water here considering we are comparing the two.I've explained in depth several times why I think Brown is a better running back moving forward than Bradshaw. But, if you want to keep thinking that a running back whose feet are always broken (literally), and has been for the past few years, is going to be a better back from here on out than Brown, then so be it.

Brown showed a lot better patience, quickness, and vision than Bradshaw had last year. Honestly, I think it was Brown's emergence that spelled Bradshaw's end (other than Bradshaw's chronically broken feet) than Wilson.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
I've explained in depth several times why I think Brown is a better running back moving forward than Bradshaw. But, if you want to keep thinking that a running back whose feet are always broken (literally), and has been for the past few years, is going to be a better back from here on out than Brown, then so be it.

Brown showed a lot better patience, quickness, and vision than Bradshaw had last year. Honestly, I think it was Brown's emergence that spelled Bradshaw's end (other than Bradshaw's chronically broken feet) than Wilson.

What? I made it crystal clear that I was referring to last year, and I have yet to hear an answer outside "our coaching staff should have played Brown more". As far as the future is concerned, it is obviously unclear. As I have said numerous times in numerous threads in this regard, I can understand why people think we will not be hampered by the loss of Bradshaw, but I can not understand why people think we will be BETTER this year because of Brown.
I don't think Brown will suffice which I also think that I have made very clear, the guy hasn't even been able to play so there is nothing to go on to argue otherwise.,

People keep throwing Wilson into this discussion, when I have not mentioned him. That is a completely different discussion. If people think that our running game will be better because of Wilson I agree, and I do not know why he keeps surfacing in this discussion considering he has nothing to do with it.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
What? I made it crystal clear that I was referring to last year, and I have yet to hear an answer outside "our coaching staff should have played Brown more". As far as the future is concerned, it is obviously unclear. As I have said numerous times in numerous threads in this regard, I can understand why people think we will not be hampered by the loss of Bradshaw, but I can not understand why people think we will be BETTER this year because of Brown.
I don't think Brown will suffice which I think I have made very clear, the guy hasn't even been able to play so there is nothing to go on to argue otherwise.,

People keep throwing Wilson into this discussion, when I have not mentioned him. That is a completely different discussion. If people think that our running game will be better because of Wilson I agree, and I do not know why he keeps surfacing in this discussion considering he has nothing to do with it.It doesn't matter why Bradshaw was ahead of Brown last year, as last year has no bearing on this year. Obviously the coaching staff and FO saw Brown as the better option moving forward.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:16 PM
It doesn't matter why Bradshaw was ahead of Brown last year, as last year has no bearing on this year. Obviously the coaching staff and FO saw Brown as the better option moving forward.

Yes it does matter considering a large portion of this discussion consisted of people arguing that Brown was better than Bradshaw last season. As far as Brown being the better option, it is not obvious and you are purely speculating. The difference in contract money between the two was the reason why Brown is here and Bradshaw is gone, not because of a large gap in talent here as you are implying.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes it does matter considering a large portion of this discussion consisted of people arguing that Brown was better than Bradshaw last season. As far as Brown being the better option, it is not obvious and you are purely speculating. The difference in contract money between the two was the reason why Brown is here and Bradshaw is gone, not because of a large gap in talent here as you are implying.Brown exhibited better vision, patience, and ability to hit the hole when it opened. It is one of the main reasons they brought him in in the red zone. It's also a major reason why Brown is still here and Bradshaw is not.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Brown exhibited better vision, patience, and ability to hit the hole when it opened. It is one of the main reasons they brought him in in the red zone. It's also a major reason why Brown is still here and Bradshaw is not.
That's why he saw so few snaps right? I mean we always sit our best players on the bench right?

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:21 PM
That's why he saw so few snaps right? I mean we always sit our best players on the bench right?Last year doesn't matter when discussing it being an upgrade this year.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Also, if the money was the main issue in not keeping Bradshaw, why didn't the FO even ask him to take a pay cut? If it was just about the money, and not the skill, don't you think they would have tried working something out? Hell, we only saved like $2m or so by cutting him. It wasn't an exorbitant amount that we saved.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Last year doesn't matter when discussing it being an upgrade this year.

You claimed that he exhibited all of these skills last year, and was starting to show signs of vast improvement, so why was he not rewarded with more snaps if he was outplaying Bradshaw? It absolutely matters based on your flimsy argument.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:27 PM
You claimed that he exhibited all of these skills last year, and was starting to show signs of vast improvement, so why was he not rewarded with more snaps if he was outplaying Bradshaw? It absolutely matters based on your flimsy argument.Yes, he showed all those skills last year. However, his pass pro was shaky. Pass pro means A LOT in our system as we can go run or pass on ANY play. That was the main reason he didn't see more snaps earlier in the season.

And still, it doesn't matter what happened last year. Obviously the powers that be saw enough in Brown that they felt comfortable in releasing Bradshaw.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Also, if the money was the main issue in not keeping Bradshaw, why didn't the FO even ask him to take a pay cut? If it was just about the money, and not the skill, don't you think they would have tried working something out? Hell, we only saved like $2m or so by cutting him. It wasn't an exorbitant amount that we saved.

Our FO publicly stated that they have left the door open, and are possibly considering bringing Bradshaw back. We are strapped for cash and every million counts, especially considering RBs who are seeing their value plummet as of late. We don't know what happened behind closed doors, maybe the did ask him to take a pay cut and he refused or maybe nothing transpired at all, again we do not know.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Our FO publicly stated that they have left the door open, and are possibly considering bringing Bradshaw back. We are strapped for cash and every million counts, especially considering RBs who are seeing their value plummet as of late. We don't know what happened behind closed doors, maybe the did ask him to take a pay cut and he refused or maybe nothing transpired at all, again we do not know.Yes, we are open to bringing him back. Not as a starter, though.

And the FO has stated that they never asked him to take a cut.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Yes, he showed all those skills last year. However, his pass pro was shaky. Pass pro means A LOT in our system as we can go run or pass on ANY play. That was the main reason he didn't see more snaps earlier in the season.

And still, it doesn't matter what happened last year. Obviously the powers that be saw enough in Brown that they felt comfortable in releasing Bradshaw.

Pass protection is a matter of knowing the playbook, a 4th year RB who was already familiar with the system should have had more success there.
So why do you think that it will magically improve when he enters his 5th year in September?

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Pass protection is a matter of knowing the playbook, a 4th year RB who was already familiar with the system should have had more success there.
So why do you think that it will magically improve when he enters his 5th year in September?Pass pro is something that a player needs to do. You can't just learn it by reading a playbook. That's probably one of the dumber things you've said in this thread.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Y

No, again this is not fact, just your opinion. Why would the organization release their prior 1st string RB because of what they saw in another running back who will more than likely will not be replacing the guy who left? I'm sure the decision had more to do with their confidence in the future feature back in Wilson.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:39 PM
No, again this is not fact, just your opinion. Why would the organization release their prior 1st string RB because of what they saw in another running back who will more than likely will not be replacing the guy who left? I'm sure the decision had more to do with their confidence in the future feature back in Wilson.If they didn't have enough confidence in Brown to split carries with Wilson, then Bradshaw would not have been cut. So, yes, it does have bearing.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Pass pro is something that a player needs to do. You can't just learn it by reading a playbook. That's probably one of the dumber things you've said in this thread.

Yeah that's how you learn who you have to block, by reading the playbook and understanding who is picking up who depending on what look the defense gives you. You just don't throw players out on the field and have them learn by trial and error, which is a completely moronic thing to say. Good thing you are not on the coaching staff otherwise Eli would have gotten killed last year.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah that's how you learn who you have to block, by reading the playbook and understanding who is picking up who depending on what look the defense gives you. You just don't throw players out on the field and have them learn by trial and error, which is a completely moronic thing to say. Good thing you are not on the coaching staff otherwise Eli would have gotten killed last year.Dude, that's just stupid. Sure, learning the playbook gives you an idea of what you should do, but you need to actually do it to get it down. If you don't understand that, then this entire conversation is over.

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:45 PM
If they didn't have enough confidence in Brown to split carries with Wilson, then Bradshaw would not have been cut. So, yes, it does have bearing.

No it has no bearing, because you are assuming that Brown and Wilson will split the load. JR has already come out and said that he believes Wilson will be the featured back next year, so there goes that argument. Brown will not assume Bradshaw's role, he will play a role similar to the one he played last year.

Drez
03-15-2013, 10:48 PM
No it has no bearing, because you are assuming that Brown and Wilson will split the load. JR has already come out and said that he believes Wilson will be the featured back next year, so there goes that argument. Brown will not assume Bradshaw's role, he will play a role similar to the one he played last year.Being the featured back in our offense means taking about 60% or so of the carries. How do you not know that?

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Dude, that's just stupid. Sure, learning the playbook gives you an idea of what you should do, but you need to actually do it to get it down. If you don't understand that, then this entire conversation is over.

Obviously, the point is you have to know the protections and what you are doing before you go out there and try to execute. That is why a first year guy like Wilson who is having trouble in pass protection has an excuse. What is Browns?

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Being the featured back in our offense means taking about 60% or so of the carries. How do you not know that?

60% or so? So how much variation do you throw in there? Anyway even 60% which I believe will be on the low end is more than the 50/50 split between Brown/Wilson you were implying would take place earlier. Not only are you throwing out a number that could be anywhere from 60%-100% based on your 60% or so accurate approximation, you are not considering our 3rd string RB who will also be taking carries, lessening Brown's % even more so.

Drez
03-15-2013, 11:17 PM
60% or so? So how much variation do you throw in there? Anyway even 60% which I believe will be on the low end is more than the 50/50 split between Brown/Wilson you were implying would take place earlier. Not only are you throwing out a number that could be anywhere from 60%-100% based on your 60% or so accurate approximation, you are not considering our 3rd string RB who will also be taking carries, lessening Brown's % even more so.I never implied that it would be 50/50. I said they would split carries. Splitting carries here means the featured guy takes between 60%-65% and the 2 guy takes the majority of the rest, with the 3 guy usually taking a negligible amount.

gmen0820
03-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the insight, geniusSo, basically, his intellect is equivalent to the Vikings Defense, i.e. "amazing."

Yes?

ShakeandBake
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
I never implied that it would be 50/50. I said they would split carries. Splitting carries here means the featured guy takes between 60%-65% and the 2 guy takes the majority of the rest, with the 3 guy usually taking a negligible amount.

No when you say something will be split in two as was said between Wilson and Brown, it is implied that you mean 50/50 unless you specify otherwise, which you didn't.

Drez
03-15-2013, 11:56 PM
No when you say something will be split in two as was said between Wilson and Brown, it is implied that you mean 50/50 unless you specify otherwise, which you didn't.No it isn't. It's implied that the split would follow the same pattern that has been used by the team the past 5 years.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:06 AM
No it isn't. It's implied that the split would follow the same pattern that has been used by the team the past 5 years.

Wrong, splitting something between two people implies a 50/50 split unless said otherwise.

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Wrong, splitting something between two people implies a 50/50 split unless said otherwise.Whatever, dude. You're obviously oblivious to how things work in our offense.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Wrong, splitting something between two people implies a 50/50 split unless said otherwise.Yeah, if it's a sandwich.

Many RBs split time, but it's not like they're put on an official pitch count. That's not how the NFL works.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Whatever, dude. You're obviously oblivious to how things work in our offense.

You are so right, I should have assumed a split would be 60% or so, because most people are referring to 60% or so when they use the term split. Its not a matter of me being oblivious, its a matter of you not knowing the definition for a common every day term.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 12:14 AM
You are so right, I should have assumed a split would be 60% or so, because most people are referring to 60% or so when they use the term split. Its not a matter of me being oblivious, its a matter of you not knowing the definition for a common every day term.If you use the every-day meaning, then NO RBs in the NFL "split" carries.

You realize this, yes?

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:16 AM
You are so right, I should have assumed a split would be 60% or so, because most people are referring to 60% or so when they use the term split. Its not a matter of me being oblivious, its a matter of you not knowing the definition for a common every day term.Nothing in the word split intimates in half. It just means to divide into parts.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Nothing in the word split intimates in half. It just means to divide into parts.

Splitting between TWO implies that you mean half, unless stated otherwise in any context. If I said hey lets split the lottery winnings, would you think that I was implying anything else but half? No, not unless otherwise noted. Not that hard to understand.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:23 AM
If you use the every-day meaning, then NO RBs in the NFL "split" carries.

You realize this, yes?

Thats why you shouldn't use the word split when referring to running backs who share carries, you realize this yes?

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Splitting between TWO implies that you mean half, unless stated otherwise in any context. If I said hey lets split the lottery winnings, would you think that I was implying anything else but half? No, not unless otherwise noted. Not that hard to understand.No, it doesn't. That may be how you take it, but that's not what it means. And, as gmen8020 has already pointed out, it certainly doesn't mean 50/50 in the NFL.

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Thats why you shouldn't use the word split when referring to running backs who share carries, you realize this yes?No.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:26 AM
No, it doesn't. That may be how you take it, but that's not what it means. And, as gmen8020 has already pointed out, it certainly doesn't mean 50/50 in the NFL.

Go look up the definition of the word split. If you did not mean 50/50 then you should use another word to portray what you mean. It's not my fault that I assumed you meant 50/50 considering that's what splitting between two implies, I am sorry that I am not proficient in Drez language.

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Thats why you shouldn't use the word split when referring to running backs who share carries, you realize this yes?Go tell the world of your findings!!!

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Do you see the word "HALF" in any of these definitions?

a : to divide lengthwise usually along a grain or seam or by layers
b : to affect as if by cleaving or forcing apart <the river splitsthe town in two>

a (1) : to tear or rend apart : burst (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/burst) (2) : to subject (an atom or atomic nucleus) to artificial disintegration by fission
b : to affect as if by breaking up or tearing apart : shatter (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shatter)<a roar that split the air>

: to divide into parts or portions: as
a : to divide between persons : share (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/share)
b : to divide into factions, parties, or groups
c : to mark (a ballot) or cast or register (a vote) so as to vote for candidates of different parties
d (1) : to divide or break down (a chemical compound) into constituents <split a fat into glycerol and fatty acids> (2) :to remove by such separation <split off carbon dioxide>
e : to divide (stock) by issuing a larger number of shares to existing shareholders usually without increase in total par value

: to separate (the parts of a whole) by interposing something<split an infinitive>

: leave (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leave) <split the party> <split town>

intransitive verb
a : to become split lengthwise or into layers
b : to break apart : burst (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/burst)

a : to become divided up or separated off <split into factions> <split from the group>
b : to sever relations or connections : separate (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/separate)
c : leave (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leave); especially : to leave without delay <split for the coast>

gmen0820
03-16-2013, 12:29 AM
ShakeandBake what's your end game in this, reinventing NFL terminology?

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:32 AM

b : to affect as if by cleaving or forcing apart <the river splitsthe town in two>

a (1) : to tear or rend apart : burst (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/burst) (2) : to subject (an atom or atomic nucleus) to artificial disintegration by fission
b : to affect as if by breaking up or tearing apart : shatter (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shatter)<a roar that split the air>

a : to divide between persons : share (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/share)
c : to mark (a ballot) or cast or register (a vote) so as to vote for candidates of different parties
d (1) : to divide or break down (a chemical compound) into constituents <split a fat into glycerol and fatty acids> (2) :to remove by such separation <split off carbon dioxide>
e : to divide (stock) by issuing a larger number of shares to existing shareholders usually without increase in total par value

: to separate (the parts of a whole) by interposing something<split an infinitive>

: leave (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leave) <split the party> <split town>

intransitive verb

a : to become divided up or separated off <split into factions> <split from the group>
b : to sever relations or connections : separate (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/separate)
c : leave (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leave); especially : to leave without delay <split for the coast>

Good job regurgitating an excerpt from a dictionary! Too bad none of those definitions are specifically referencing splitting between TWO, again this is major point in which you keep managing to miss.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:35 AM

intransitive verb

oh looky there its the correct term in which you should have used!

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Good job regurgitating an excerpt from a dictionary! Too bad none of those definitions are specifically referencing splitting between TWO, again this is major point in which you keep managing to miss.No, it's a point you're missing. Split just means dividing. Nothing inherent in the word means in half or even into equal parts. YOU just think it means that. It does not. And anyone with half a brain would know that when talking about our team, splitting carries would mean following the same relative pattern that we have been using the past several years.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:36 AM
ShakeandBake what's your end game in this, reinventing NFL terminology?

What is yours, to be a persistent pain in the ***?

Drez
03-16-2013, 12:38 AM
oh looky there its the correct term in which you should have used!I order an 8-cut pizza. I have 3 slices. I give you 2. The pizza has now been split and I've shared some with you. Did we have either equal portions or was the pizza itself divided in half?

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 12:51 AM
I order an 8-cut pizza. I have 3 slices. I give you 2. The pizza has now been split and I've shared some with you. Did we have either equal portions or was the pizza itself divided in half?

Because when you split something between two people there is no remainder. In this case someone else would eat the 3 remaining slices so again here we go with a scenario which is not applicable to the conversation. I am done wasting my time with you, go insult someone else.

Drez
03-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Because when you split something between two people there is no remainder. In this case someone else would eat the 3 remaining slices so again here we go with a scenario which is not applicable to the conversation. I am done wasting my time with you, go insult someone else.No remainder doesn't mean equal. Ok, so I had 6 slices and you had two? Were the portions equal?

And nowhere in the meaning of split does it infer that there's no remainder.

How does it not apply here? You have a mixed up idea of what split means, both in the NFL and in real world situations. I'm not insulting you, I'm enlightening you.

ShakeandBake
03-16-2013, 01:34 AM
No remainder doesn't mean equal. Ok, so I had 6 slices and you had two? Were the portions equal?

And nowhere in the meaning of split does it infer that there's no remainder.

How does it not apply here? You have a mixed up idea of what split means, both in the NFL and in real world situations. I'm not insulting you, I'm enlightening you.

You do realize that you are arguing the definition of split, and I am specifically talking about splitting between two people. It is not unreasonable to assume that you meant 50/50 between Brown and Wilson, because you only mentioned them and you did not specify otherwise. When you split things between two people the vast majority of the time it is an equal split, so if it is not it is specifically mentioned one would assume you meant 50/50. Your pizza pie scenario is irrelevant because you are specifically stating that the pie is split at 6 to 2, so obviously it is not an equal split. If you had just said we had split the pie followed by nothing else, one would assume you meant 50/50 yes? The word split can refer to any ratio, however when the word is used alone, referring to two things, it is implied that it is a 50/50 because again this is how it is in most cases, and if you did not state what the ratio was how would anyone know what ratio the split was?

Anyway thanks for the "enlightenment" it gave me a good chuckle.

Drez
03-16-2013, 01:48 AM
You do realize that you are arguing the definition of split, and I am specifically talking about splitting between two people. It is not unreasonable to assume that you meant 50/50 between Brown and Wilson, because you only mentioned them and you did not specify otherwise. When you split things between two people the vast majority of the time it is an equal split, so if it is not it is specifically mentioned one would assume you meant 50/50. Your pizza pie scenario is irrelevant because you are specifically stating that the pie is split at 6 to 2, so obviously it is not an equal split. If you had just said we had split the pie followed by nothing else, one would assume you meant 50/50 yes? The word split can refer to any ratio, however when the word is used alone, referring to two things, it is implied that it is a 50/50 because again this is how it is in most cases, and if you did not state what the ratio was how would anyone know what ratio the split was?

Anyway thanks for the "enlightenment" it gave me a good chuckle.That may be how you take it, but that is not what it means, nor is that the general use of the term when talking about splitting carries in the NFL. I'm sorry you're unable to understand that.